Author: Mistress 3

 

Title: Changes and New Beginnings

 

CHAPTER 15

 

 

 

The next morning, Usagi woke up with a warm feeling. She felt safe and secure and loved for the first time in a very long time. She lifted her head to look at the man beside her. She had not been with anyone besides Mamoru and that was over a year ago. Diamond had been so gentle with her last night. He made her feel things she never felt before, and not just sexually.

 

She was amazed at herself and her ability to hide her feelings for him so long. Also, she found it strange that she did not feel guilty for cheating on Mamoru although it was technically. If someone had told her a year ago that all this would happen, she would have laughed and dismissed them as insane. She placed her head back on his chest and closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth and comfort she felt.

 

Diamond woke up just a little after Usagi. He looked down at her and could not actually believe she was there with him. Last night had been wonderful. Mamoru was really a selfish bastard. He had never taken the time to make love to Usagi, he simply used her for his own enjoyment never once thinking about what she got out of it. He slipped he arm around her drawing her closer to him. She lifted her head to look at him.

 

“Good morning,” she said smiling at him.

 

“Good morning, Usagi. How did you sleep?”

 

“Quite well actually. I haven’t slept like that in a long time,”

 

“I’m glad,” he said slowly running her fingers through her hair

 

 “You know, Diamond, I’ve never done that with anyone except Mamoru before. I hope you don’t think less of me because of that,” she said looking down.

 

“Why would I? As I said last night, I love you. Nothing you do would make me change my mind.”

 

Looking into his eyes, she saw the truth behind what he said. “Thank you, for everything that you’ve done for me,” she said softly lying back down on his chest. They stayed like that for a while before Usagi spoke again.

 

“You know something? I never made it back to my room,” she said with a groan.

“Now what will the others think?”

 

Does it matter?”

 

“No, I guess not.” She said after a while.

 

*********************

 

Makoto was beside herself. She had been looking for Usagi for a while now and had not found her. She had asked around but no one had seen her. Finally, she went to Setsuna.

 

“Setsuna, have you seen Usagi?”

 

Setsuna looked up from changing the baby. “No I haven’t.”

 

“She’s not in her room?” Sapphire asked. He was there as well helping with the child.

 

“No. her bed hasn’t been slept in. I’m worried about her,” Makoto said.

 

“She’s fine trust me. She’s being well taken care of so do not worry. When she is ready she will come,” Setsuna said finishing up. “So relax and go do something useful instead of looking for her.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Positive.”

 

“Okay. Let me know when you see her.”

 

“I will,” Setsuna said as Makoto left.

 

“How do you know that?” Sapphire said slipping an arm around her waist.

 

“Being the guardian of time has its advantages, you know,” she said leaning back against him.

 

“So what else do you know?” he asked putting the other arm around her as well.

 

“That she was with your brother all last night and that she won’t be seen anytime soon.”

 

“Really? So soon? I thought it would be a while yet.”

 

“Well that call she got prompted your brother to speed up the process. So do you approve of them?”

 

“It’s not my place to say. My brother does what he wants when he wants but I do approve. At first I thought that he could find someone suitable right here but I see now that no one can measure up to her, and she is good for him. She is an excellent Queen, just what our planet needs. Besides if he didn’t love her I would not have met you,” he said kissing her gently.

 

“Your right, and if she had not push me I do not think that I would have had the courage to have a relationship with you. She’s helped all of us in one way or another.”

 

They stayed in that position for a while, not speaking just enjoying the feel of each other.

 

“Do you think that one of the other girls would mind taking care of Chibi-Usa?” Sapphire asked.

 

“Why?”

 

“There’s a few things I need to take care of,” he said slyly.

 

Setsuna caught on to the meaning of what he said. “You mean like last night?” she asked smiling.

 

“I hope better than last night.”

 

“In that case I think I can arrange it.” She said smiling.

 

******************************************************************