Author: Mistress  13

 

Title: Changes and New Beginnings

 

CHAPTER 5

 

Ami and Makoto were in their private quarters discussing their plan of action.

“Do you have everything?” Ami asked. 

 

“Yup. Their in my trunk.” Makoto said.

 

“Great. When we arrive we’ll put our plan into action. Do you remember what you have to do?”

 

“Yes. When we get there I keep Usagi occupied while you talk to Diamond. No problem.”

 

“Well it’s easier said than done. Are you sure you can do it?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Then we’re set.”

 

********************

 

 The trip to Nemesis was long and uneventful. The ship itself was luxurious but somewhat dark. Not that Usagi minded. The darkness was somewhat comforting to her. Then the day came for them to land. Prince Diamond was waiting for them at the landing site.

 

“Welcome Neo Queen Serenity.”

 

“Thank you Prince Diamond.”

 

“I see that you have brought your lovely little daughter and Princesses of Mercury and Jupiter. I dare say that the King couldn’ t make it due to other pressing matters he had to attend to.” He said the part about the King with distain in his voice.

 

“Of course you know Mamoru is always busy.” She said.

 

“I’m sure.” He said sarcastically. “But enough about that. Welcome to you too Princesses.”

 

“We’re pleased to be here Prince Diamond.” Ami said and she and Makoto bowed. 

 

“Allow me to escort you to the place, Neo- Queen Serenity.” He said holding out his arm.

 

“But please call me Serenity at least. Saying Neo-Queen is too formal for me,” she said taking the offered arm. 

 

“Then please call me Diamond,” he said leading her towards the palace with his court Makoto and Ami following. 

 

**********

 

Usagi spent the entire morning with him. They toured most of the palace all morning and ha d scheduled to see the grounds that afternoon. At lunch Ami and Makoto had finally gotten a chance to put their plan into action. Usagi went to her room to feed her daughter. Makoto went with her to keep her busy while Ami went looking for Prince Diamond. She found him in his office. Diamond heard a knock on his door.

 

“Enter.” He said thinking it was probably one of his guards. He looked up to see Princess Ami.

 

“What can I do for you?” he said standing up.

 

She put a bag on his table and said, “I need your help.”

 

*****

 

“So you want me to tell her?” he said leaning back in his chair. He couldn’ t believe what he had just heard. Not only was Mamoru a jerk, he was a cheating bastard also, and with not one but two of her closet friends, and to top it all off they didn’t know about each other.  

 

“No not tell her, convince her that Mamoru is up to no good. She won’t believe us or the tapes, but I’ m sure that you can get her receptive enough to accept and consider all the evidence.”

 

Diamond was silent for a long while. Then he asked, “Why are you doing this? You two do realize that if she leaves him t hat she will no longer be Queen of the Earth. She will most certainly loose everything. Do you really want to put her through that?”

 

“She’s our friend. She’s not happy with the relationship but won’t admit it. You’ ve seen the way he treats her… like a dog or little girl who needs to be told what to do. She does what he wants, when he wants. Part of the reason she’ s around him is because he wanted an heir. Now he has it in Chibi Usa he has no need for her other than her power and the people of earth love her. If it wasn’ t for that he would have divorced her or killed her a months ago.”

 

Diamond thought about it for a while. If what Ami was saying was true then he needed to get her to leave him, for her sake. “Alright I’ll do it.”

 

Ami was relieved. She didn’t think that he would go for the idea at first because he was being so difficult.

 

“Thank you so much, your majesty.” She said bowing as she left.

 

Diamond sat in his office after Ami left and thought, ‘I can get her easier than I thought,’ he said to hims elf. Diamond decided to put his plan into action that night. 

 

********************

 

At lunch the waiter started to pour Usagi a glass of wine when she stopped him. 

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t drink.”

 

“Of course your majesty. What can I get you then?”

 

“Something other non-alcoholic would be fine.”

 

“Yes, your majesty.” He said going to get her something else.

 

Usagi turned her attention to Prince Diamond. “You know, you shouldn’t drink this early, or at all for that matter.” she said mischievously.

 

“Oh, really.” He said amused.

 

“Yes. But then again your only having one glass right,” she stated rather than asked.

 

“No.”

 

She looked at Makoto in defeat. “Well, at least I tried, Makoto.” She said.

 

“What?! You didn’t even try! Well I’m not  paying you.” Makoto said crossing her arms defiantly.

 

“You don’t have to. I’ll just take something of yours when we get back,” she said flippantly.

 

“You wouldn’t.”

 

“……..”

 

“Oh alright.” she grumbled, muttering something about it being a good thing she was her queen.

 

Ami looked at them in confusion. “What is going on?”

 

“I made a bet with Serenity that she could get Prince Diamond to not drink at lunch. She just cheated!” she wailed slightly.

 

“I did no such thing! I said I would try and I did try!” Usagi said slightly miffed.

 

Ami just shook her head while Diamond found this all very amusing.

 

*************************

 

That afternoon, Usagi, Diamond, Ami and Makoto went on a tour of the grounds. They were lovely and Usagi marveled at the wildlife and beautiful flowers.

 

That night Usagi had just put Chibi-Usa to bed when someone knocked on the door.

 

“Come in,” she said. The door opened to reveal Diamond.

 

“Oh, its you, Diamond. I just put Chibi-Usa down. Is there something you need?”

 

“I came to see if you needed anything.”

 

“No. I’m alright,” she said turning to face the dresser. She took off her earrings and was about to take  off her necklace when she felt hands on her back.

 

“Allow me,” he whispered in her ear while gently unfastening it. She shivered slightly and was about to turn around when he slowly and gently slipped it down her chest  and into her open palm, which coincidently, was held up by his other hand, and let it go. He closed his hand around hers and then let her go.

 

“Thank you.” She said whispering out, not trusting herself to speak any louder.

 

“You’re welcome,” he said softly. “If you’re sure you don’t need anything, I’m going. See you at breakfast.” He walked out of the room closing the door softly. Usagi could not understand what just happened.

‘He just helped me take off my necklace. Mamoru did it countless times.’ she rationalized. After that, she took a col d shower to calm her nerves and went to sleep.

 

*****************

 

When Diamond was going towards his bedroom Sapphire stopped him. “What was that all about brother?”

 

Diamond stopped and looked at him. “It was just the beginning. Call it just some, gentle persuasion to get her receptive.”  He said and left. Sapphire was confused but knew he would find out sooner or later.