Forbidden Love

Author’s Comment: This is a record of Princess Emeraude’s thoughts before she summoned the Magic Knights.

He fills my thoughts, and my mind constantly wanders to his face, but I know it will never be. It cannot be. I cannot let it, for I am the pillar, and the pillar can love none, can think of nothing but her country. And I do love Cephiro. It is truly beautiful. And I love the people of my world, and I will continue to hold it in my prayers and I will single handedly hold it up, but it is becoming a burden, and I fear I cannot hold it much longer.

Is it right to let a whole kingdom rest on the shoulders of one person. After all, any person no matter their position is a still human, and humans make mistakes…and humans fall in love. If only these two things were not the same. If only my love were not a sin, but what it should be…a gem…a beautiful flower.

Why? Why is this happening to me? I did not want to be the pillar, but it was my destiny. I was raised for this post, and I have upheld it well… until now. I am growing up, but that fact means that I will never grow old. I cannot be allowed to mature, or I will put thousands of innocent lives in jeopardy. It isn't fair!

Zagato, I love you, but you must stay away from me. I push you out of my mind reluctantly. Clef can feel it, and I fear he knows. I suppose I must do it, but I don't want to. I want to live, but I want to love, and what of the girls that would be summoned, what of their hearts? Can I really put my selfish desires above three strangers’? And yet I must not do this just for me. I will do it for my country and my people.

 

Magic Knights, I am truly sorry!

 

…and now we are free…