~ HERE WITH ME ~

 

I didn’t hear you leave

I wonder how am I still here?

And I don’t wanna move a thing

It might change my memory

On a planet where two moons hung in the sky, a young man stood at a window overlooking the town of Fanelia. Anybody who looked at the young king would think that Van Fanel was perfectly happy with the life he led. But to those who knew him personally, Van was anything but happy. He had found love where he had least expected it, only to have that love taken away from him.

Oh, I am what I am

I do what I want

But I can’t hide

Van stared up at the larger of the two moons – the moon commonly known as the Mystic Moon among those living on Gaea. He watched that moon every night, hoping against hope that the column of light would arrive, bringing . . .

Hitomi, Van thought.

I won’t go

I won’t sleep

I can’t breathe

Until you’re resting here with me

I won’t leave

I can’t hide

I cannot be

Until you’re resting here with me

Where are you, Hitomi?

I don’t wanna call my friends

Or they might wake me from this dream

And I can’t leave this bed

Risk forgetting all that’s been

"Hitomi!" The teenage girl looked up to see her best friend Yukari hurrying towards her. "Hey, why didn’t you wait for me after school?" Yukari asked, slightly out of breath from the mad sprint she’d just run to catch up with her friend.

Hitomi Kanzaki bit her lip. "Oh, was I supposed to wait for you? Sorry – I guess my mind’s been on other things lately."

Yukari looked at her, concerned. "Your mind’s been on other things for a long time," she said, "not just lately. What’s wrong, Hitomi?"

"Nothing," Hitomi said too quickly. "Listen, I just remembered – I’m supposed to stop at the store on my way home. I’ll see you later, okay? ‘Bye." She took off at a fast pace that Yukari could never hope to keep.

Oh, I am what I am

I do what I want

But I can’t hide

The moment Hitomi was certain Yukari wasn’t following her, she slowed to a halt. Reaching into her bag, she removed a single white feather, the only thing she had to remember him by. She held the feather to her face and breathed deep, wishing she were holding him instead.

Van, Hitomi thought.

I won’t go

I won’t sleep

I can’t breathe

Until you’re resting here with me

I won’t leave

I can’t hide

I cannot be

Until you’re resting here with me

Do you miss me, Van?

Oh, I am what I am

I do what I want

But I can’t hide

A single thought echoed silently through the world of Gaea: I love you, Hitomi Kanzaki.

As if in answer, a single thought echoed silently through the planet Earth: I love you, Van Fanel.

I won’t go

I won’t sleep

I can’t breathe

Until you’re resting here with me

I won’t leave

I can’t hide

I cannot be

Until you’re resting here with me