~ LOVE TAKES TIME ~

 

I had it all

But I let it slip away

Couldn’t see I treated you wrong

Now I wonder why I’m

Feeling down and cold

Trying to believe that you’re gone

A lone figure sat on a bench overlooking a large lake. His hair moved in the gentle breeze, brushing against his forehead. To a casual observer, Trowa Barton would’ve appeared to be a young man with a lot on his mind. The casual observer would’ve been right – Trowa definitely had a lot on his mind, and on his heart.

Quatre Raberba Winner.

Love takes time

To heal when you’re hurting so much

Couldn’t see that I was blind

To let you go

I can’t escape the pain inside

‘Cause love takes time

I don’t wanna be here

I don’t wanna be here alone

Trowa looked down at the photograph in his hand. It had been taken the previous December. The photograph of his blond angel was the only picture he had taken with him after leaving the home he and Quatre had shared for an entire year.

A few drops of water fell on the picture, and Trowa looked up at the sky. "No clouds," he murmured. "Why is it raining?"

It wasn’t.

He was crying.

Losing my mind

From this hollow in my heart

Suddenly I’m so incomplete

Lord I’m needing you now

Tell me how to stop the rain

Tears are falling down endlessly

"Why did I tell him I didn’t love him?" Trowa asked himself in a choked whisper. "It wasn’t true." He threw his head back. "Quatre, it wasn’t true!"

The damage had been done, though. Three months ago, he had walked out on the only person, aside from his family, that he would ever love. He’d done his best to forget about Quatre – but then, two weeks earlier, he’d read something in the newspaper that had shocked him senseless.

Quatre . . . was getting married.

Love takes time

To heal when you’re hurting so much

Couldn’t see that I was blind

To let you go

I can’t escape the pain inside

‘Cause love takes time

And I don’t wanna be here

I don’t wanna be here alone

"I’m an idiot," Trowa muttered. "I can’t believe I honestly thought Quatre would wait around for me to make up my mind. After the way I treated him the last time we saw each other, I don’t blame him." He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out the ring he’d carried around since February. The light from the evening sun glinted off the diamond, emerald, and sapphire that were mounted on a gold band. He’d saved up so much money for it . . . and now . . .

You might say that it’s over

You might say that you don’t care

You might say you don’t miss me

You don’t need

But I know that you do

And I feel that you do

Inside

Trowa clenched his jaw. "I may have been an idiot, but I’ve learned my lesson," he whispered. He slid the ring back into his pocket and stood up. "I just hope . . ."

Not daring to finish the sentence, he headed for the nearest airport.

Oh, love takes time

To heal when you’re hurting so much

Couldn’t see that I

I was so blind to let you go

I can’t escape the pain inside

‘Cause love takes time

I don’t wanna be there

I don’t wanna be there alone

Wait for me, little one.