Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Chapter 2

Chapter 2

 

          Laguna arrived in Fisherman’s Horizon around noon.  His mind was preoccupied with Esthar’s condition and his friends, Kiros and Ward.  He quickly left the Train Station and headed toward the docks.  Zell was there, waiting to escort him to the Garden.

 

“Yo, Pres’ Laguna!  Over here!”

 

Laguna noticed the familiar voice and smiled.  He walked over to Zell and the two headed up the lift.

 

“Zell, how ya been?”

 

The lift stopped at the top and they got off.

 

“Fine…c’mon!”  Zell began to walk further out into the docks.  “Squall’s expecting you.”

 

He and Zell boarded Balamb Garden and Laguna went straight to Squall’s office.  Zell headed to the cafeteria…for some hot dogs.

 

Laguna entered the office and was greeted kindly by Squall.  He sat down and explained Esthar’s condition and the resistance movement that is happening.  That is when Xu entered, with a dark, hooded figure.

 

“Sir, I apologize for the interruption, but this person wanted to speak to you.  Apparently it is urgent.”

 

Squall looked at the hooded figure and nodded.

 

“Alright…thank you Xu.”

 

Xu walked out and shut the doors behind her.

 

The dark, hooded figure stepped forward and began to pull back the hood.  The person’s hands were small and feminine, with an intricate bracelet upon each wrist.  The hood fell back to reveal the face of a young woman, her forehead emblazoned with a gold sun and a silver moon.  Her hair was long and dark, streaked with gold, and her eyes were sea green in color, highlighted by silver specks.  She stood before them and spoke.

 

“I am here to help fight against Adel.”

 

Squall looked at her and shook his head.

 

“I’m sorry, this is professional business.  I cannot risk any amateurs out on the battle field.”

 

The mysterious woman looked at him with a stoic gaze.

 

“I assure you that I am no amateur.  Besides, my skills may be needed.”

 

Laguna looked at her and thought for a moment.

 

‹She looks like a Cetra…I’ve seen pictures of that extinct race of people in old books…›

 

“Are you a Cetra?”

 

The woman looked at Laguna with surprise, but then she nodded.

 

“Yes.  I am the last of them…and to answer your unspoken question, Squall…” The Cetra looked up at the young headmaster again, “I am a SeeD.  I worked on Edea’s ship eight years ago.”

 

Squall sat back and sorted though his jumbled thoughts.

 

“What brings you here then?”

 

“Like I said, I wish to help you fight Adel.  Her presence is what alerted me in the first place.”

 

A silence descended upon the room like a heavy blanket, only to be disrupted by the office door, opening.  Edea and Ellone walked into the office.

 

“Uncle Laguna!”

 

Ellone rushed over to the Estharian president and gave him a hug.

 

“I’m glad to see that you are safe Elle.”

 

Laguna gave Ellone a warm smile.  Ellone then turned around and her eyes fell upon the female Cetra.

 

“Uncle…who is she?”  Ellone whispered.

 

Laguna quietly answered Ellone.

 

“She is a SeeD…and a Cetra at that.”

 

Edea approached the mysterious woman and began conversing with her.  After a few moments, Squall decided to speak.

 

“Matron…is she a SeeD?”

 

Edea turned and smiled at Squall.

 

“Yes.  She is the best SeeD that I have ever seen.  She needed very little training in fighting and magic.  She was already strong in both areas.”

 

Squall looked back at the Cetra.  He quickly came to a decision, but there was one more essential question for the sake of battle strategy.

 

“What are your strengths in battle?”

 

“I special in magic, especially Ultima, Meteor, and Melt-down.  I work well with summons and I have every GF.”

 

“What of your weapon?”

 

“I am an expert wielder of a Gunblade.”

 

Squall then thought about the information given.

 

«Another Gunblade specialist…and a strong magic user.  Ultima and Meteor are forbidden magic…and the GFs will be useful.  The battle may be hard…but the Cetra were always slightly stronger than the sorceresses.»

 

“Alright…you may help.  Since you are a strong magic user and a good fighter according to Matron…you will be going to Esthar with the others and me.”

 

“I would be honored to fight alongside the Liberi Fatali.”

 

“Liberi Fatali?”  Ellone asked, perplexed.

 

“The Fated Children…as was foretold many years ago.”

 

The Cetra’s long black cloak vanished, revealing a black outfit and a sheathed Gunblade.  The intricate bracelets disappeared, each revealing a shiny red gem under both wrists.  It was a battle outfit that was given to the Cetra warriors.  The gems allow the wearer to amplify magic attacks and cast multiple summons.

 

“My name is Celestia and I am ready when you and the others are, Squall.”