Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Chapter 9

Chapter 9

 

          After Rinoa and Celestia were done healing the soldiers, they joined Squall and the others in formulating a plan.

 

“We can sneak in through the North-Western gateway and head straight to the Presidential Palace. Once there, we may have to fight a few cyborg guards to gain entrance. Once inside, just watch for more guards. I don’t know which room she is in…”

 

          Squall nodded, then he looked at Rinoa and Celestia.

 

“What do you think?”

 

          Rinoa thought about the plan for a moment.

“Well, it sounds good, but what if the fight outside of the Presidential Residence alarms every guard in the city. We would have a serious force chasing us…”

 

“That is true, but there may be a way inside, without anyone knowing except Adel. She already knows that we are here.”

 

          Squall and Laguna turned to Celestia.

 

“So, what do you propose?”

 

“I can get everyone inside with little interference…we need a distraction though. It can really help.”

 

“Kiros! Ward! Come here for a moment please.”

 

          Kiros and Ward ran over to the group.

 

“?”

 

“Ward wants to know why you called us.”

 

          Laguna stood up.

 

“We need a distraction. Do you think that you two and the soldiers can pull one off for us?”

 

“…”

 

“Ward says that he thinks so. I agree. What will be the signal to stop and retreat?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

          Celestia stood up.

 

“I’ll let you know telepathically when to go. We only need a short distraction.”

 

“!”

 

“Ward says that he’ll do his best and that all of you should be careful. I’ll do my best as well.”

 

          Laguna smiled at his two friends.

 

“You guys be careful too. Okay?”

 

“!”

 

“Okay.”

 

          Kiros and Ward went off to notify the troops of the plan. Squall, Rinoa, and Zell stood up.

 

“So, how exactly are we going to enter the residence?”

 

“I’m going to teleport us there.”

 

          Rinoa looked at Celestia.

 

“Isn’t that taxing on your energy?”

 

“Only a little. Not much.”

 

          Zell pondered about the situation again.

 

“Wait…which room is Adel in? I mean, it won’t be very good if we use most of our energy searching room after room full of guards.”

 

          Everyone agreed. Celestia closed her eyes and she gave off a faint glow. Laguna looked at Squall and then at Rinoa.

“Rinoa, what is she doing?”

 

“She is searching for Adel.”

 

          Celestia opened her eyes, a slight hint of fatigue on her face. Apparently Adel had fought against her as she searched.

 

“She is in the President’s Office. It has been merged with another dimension, making it look like a throne room. She said that she is waiting for us…and that she will have your heads.”

 

          Zell shuddered slightly, but he regained his composure quickly. Kiros and Ward came back over to notify them that the troops were ready when they were.

 

“We’re ready to go Laguna.”

 

“Good. You and Ward go on ahead of us and create the diversion.”

 

“Right!”

 

          Kiros went over to Ward and they headed over to the group of battle-ready troops. Celestia followed them.

 

“I’ll teleport you to the outside of Odine’s lab. Be ready to fight. If you can, draw the guards away from the Presidential Palace. Good luck!”

 

          Celestia teleported the troops and ran back over to the others.

 

“Alright…they are in the city. You guys ready to go?”

 

          Everyone nodded and stated that they were ready.

 

“Okay! Here we go…”

 

          The scenery faded around them and it changed to the main hallway in the palace. There was no sign of any guards. Celestia telepathed the okay to Kiros.

 

«Okay…we’re in. Go ahead and retreat to our previous position!»

 

***

Kiros signaled the troops for a retreat. They fought their way out of the city and headed back to Tear’s Point, waiting for any more instructions.

***

 

          The group cautiously made their way to the President’s Office. Once there, a couple Toramas and an un-named Sorceress greeted them.

 

“I didn’t think that we would reach her without fighting at least one battle.”

 

          Squall glanced at Zell and Zell shut his mouth. One of the Toramas attacked with Berserk. The spell failed to work on Rinoa and she countered with Break. The Torama was encased with stone and frozen in place. The Sorceress cast Ultima, leaving the entire party with medium damage. Celestia cast Meteor on the enemy while Zell used Recover on everyone. The other Torama stood up and used its blaster attack. Everyone absorbed the thunder damage and Laguna cast Aura on Squall and Celestia. Squall immediately used his limit break, Renzokuken against the Sorceress. He finished with Lionheart and finished the Sorceress off. Celestia did the same against the remaining Torama and finished with Rough Divide. The battle ended and they approached the door. The door opened on its own and Adel stood up from her chair.

 

“Cursed SeeDs…ah, yes…and the King of Idiots…I see you have come to challenge me.”

 

Adel…

 

“Hm…what’s the matter Laguna? Afraid?”

 

          Adel laughed evilly and then her face hardened into an expression of hate.

 

“You will pay for sealing me away so many years ago. You all will pay!”

 

          She cast Meteor and then Quake. As Zell healed everyone, Adel approached them and used some magic to lift Celestia up into the air.

 

“Cetra…you dare challenge me with these fools?! You and your people were idiots to challenge the Sorceresses.”

 

“Adel, the Sorceress power came from my people…and it was never meant for people like you!”

 

          Celestia countered Adel’s levitation spell and fell to the floor, landing on her feet. She then charged at Adel, casting Aura on herself. She used Renzokuken and Fated Circle before she was blown backward by Adel. Celestia flew into the wall, landing with a loud thud from the force of the blast.  Laguna whirled around and rushed over to her. When he reached her, he tried to help her up, but she pushed him away.

 

«Don’t be stupid…she’ll use one of us against each other. You don’t want that now do you?»

 

No…you’re right…but I just…

 

«I know…I know Laguna…»

 

          Celestia stood up and brushed herself off.

 

“Not bad Adel…but not good enough.”

 

          Adel sneered and glared hatefully at Celestia and then Laguna.

 

~Hm…Could it be? Perhaps I should aim at that fool Laguna first…~

 

          Adel began to gather her strength and Celestia felt the magical energy in the room build.

 

«Wait…Adel…she is getting ready for a strong assault…»

 

          Celestia cast Regen on everyone in the party, including herself. She then used some special magic to cast Wall on everyone as well. At that point, Adel cast triple on herself then meltdown on Laguna. She then let loose with three consecutive, focused Ultima attacks. The group survived the attacks, but Laguna was seriously injured. The meltdown, even with Wall in effect, had seriously weakened him and the three Ultima attacks were focused right at him. He fell to his knees and then fell forward. The force of the blasts had knocked him out, on the verge of death. As Zell was trying to heal everyone and Celestia was in the process of treating Laguna with Revive, Adel smirked and then cast Shockwave Pulsar to everyone’s surprise.