~~Rice Cakes~~

RICE CAKES chapter 3

“No problem Camus! You better go downstairs, Miklotov is waiting for you in the café,” Nanami said with a smile and left before his eyes.

Camus quickly brushed his teeth, brushed his hair, washed his face and changed his clothes. Camus ran out the door and headed to the café. When he reached the café, he saw Miklotov drinking a cup of coffee. A bit surprised Camus said, “I didn’t know that you would ever succumb to caffeine.”

Miklotov slowly turned around to face Camus. His eyes were blank and he did not carry the cheer that he usually had in the morning. He resembled a tired old dog ready to retire at any moment. “You’re late Camus. I wanted to train with you this morning, but somehow I was not able to wake up at the time I usually do.”

Camus laughed, “It seems that the caffeine has not kicked in yet!”

“How did you sleep Camus since it’s soooooo obvious how I feel?” Miklotov retorted.

The dream that was interrupted that morning suddenly entered Camus’s mind. The thought of Flik kissing his soft supple lips, caressing his warm smooth skin, his hand sliding down his. . ., “Um. . .Mik! Can I have some coffee too!?” Camus asked as he quickly sat down at the adjacent chair. He smiled and quickly took Miklotov’s cup and gulped down the sweet and creamy coffee.

Miklotov lifted his eyebrow and said, “I guess I shall order another one,” as he lifted his hand and waved for the waitress. Camus smiled as a thank you and continued to drink out of Miklotov’s mug. They both decided to order the sweet omelets and Miklotov decided to have a side of Kobold pie to keep up his strength after a lack of sleep.

Miklotov slowly cut his fluffy omelet with his fork, and just as he placed the sweet morsel on his tongue he heard a snicker behind him. He placed down his fork slowly and looked behind him.

Viktor was standing there and grinned broadly at the knights as they ate.

“Good morning Sir Viktor, I trust you slept well, unlike Mik here. . .,” Camus said as he lightly patted his mouth with his napkin. Miklotov looked at Camus with a look of discontent. Miklotov thought if it weren’t for Sir Viktor, I wouldn’t be so tired. I would have been training by now. . .I’ll make him pay later.

“Sir Viktor, how was your night?” Miklotov said with speculation.

“Aw, I thought that you would never ask, Mik! Well, I had a great night!! Some good dreams and a good night’s sleep!” Viktor said with a grin. Viktor grabbed a chair and sat with the two knights. Viktor started eating Miklotov’s Kobold Pie. Miklotov was tired and slightly grumpy and used that as justification as he smacked Viktor on the head. “Ow! Whaddya do that for!?! You’re not Flik you know!” Viktor said as he consoled his sore head. “Mik!!!” Camus exclaimed.

“Who’s not Flik?” Flik said as he walked over to the table.

“Uh-oh!” Viktor exclaimed as he grabbed Miklotov’s Kobold Pie and ran off to avoid Flik’s wrath.

Flik sat down where Viktor once was and said, “Sorry for the disruption! I will make sure Viktor pays you well Miklotov.”

Miklotov amused with the event that just took place said, “Don’t worry about it Sir Flik, I will deal with Sir Viktor personally. Its not just the pie, it was also my rest.”

Camus put his coffee mug down and raised an eyebrow, “Hmmm. . .did something happen between you two Mik?”

Miklotov unaware of the facial gesture that Camus was giving him replied, “Yeah, lots of things happened last night. I thought that I would never leave his grasp! At least HE enjoyed his night, but my bottom hurts!”

Flik could not help but burst out laughing. Camus looked at Miklotov wide-eyed, he could not believe what his partner was saying!

“Mi. . .Miklotov!! Are you telling me that you two got it on last night?!?” Camus asked shocked that Miklotov was finally admitting his personal leaning towards men.

“Eh?? What are you talking about Camus?? Got what on? Sir Viktor was so frisky last night, I could not get anything on him!!” Miklotov retorted.

Flik smirked evilly and said, “Mik, I know what you mean! Viktor always gets frisky after a good night of getting wasted. It’s in his nature!”

Camus caught on quickly and noticed that Miklotov was totally unaware of the statements he said. “I see, Sir Viktor is a wild ape, isn’t he Sir Flik?”

Flik giggled and said, “Yeah, a wild tubby ape!! Hey, I am in dire need of a bath, I was wondering if you guys would like to join me. I was going to ask Viktor, but he chickened out!”

Miklotov said with a smile, “As you wish Sir Flik! Maybe the hot waters from the bath will refresh my spirit.”

Camus was about to answer, but remembered the dream yet again; the image of a vulnerable Flik in nothing but his own sweat pierced his mind. “Um. . .I will have to decline, I apologize Sir Flik.”

Flik bewildered by Camus’s answer said, “No, that is quite alright. Well, I’ll leave you two to finish breakfast. I’ll meet you at the front of the bathhouse Mik. . .in about a half an hour?”

Miklotov nodded and Flik left the two to eat their food. Viktor!!! I hope you did not cause Mik as much trouble as you always leave me with!! I will have to punish you TUBBY!! Flik thought as he walked out of the café. Flik could not help but think of Camus as well, for some reason, he looked awfully well groomed and more attractive than usual. Naw, it was probably just the lighting in the café.


Damn! Mik has certainly got some attitude from my partner! Now what am I goin’ to do?!? I can’t run forever!! What the hell did I do anyway!! Viktor thought to himself as he wandered around the laundry area.

“Sir Viktor, here is your clean underwear,” Yoshino said politely handing a laundry bag to the buff man.

“Eh?? Oh. . .Yeah! Thanks Yoshino!!” Viktor said with enthusiasm. “But, can I come back later and pick it up. . .I think I should clean myself up, if you know what I mean!” Viktor said with confidence.

Yoshino smiled and said, “Yes, as you wish Sir Viktor. Just make sure to come by later. I will be waiting for you.”

Viktor laughed and said, “Yeah, yeah! I won’t forget!” Viktor waved to Yoshino and headed to the bathhouse.

Viktor waved at Tetsu before entering the bathhouse. He grabbed a sake set, cleaned himself up and entered the hot waters. “Aaaawwwwww. . .this feels soooo good!! Mmmmmm. . .and this sake. . .yummy!!” Viktor was in complete heaven until he heard voices. . .familiar voices.

“Hey Mik, wait up!!” a voice called. “Ha ha ha. You certainly take your time Sir Flik! Any slower and I may turn into a prune before I hit the bath.”

Viktor thought, Oh no!!! I’m caught!! Viktor took a deep breath and sunk into the water.

“Hey Mik, I’ll scrub your back if you scrub mine,” Flik said with a smirk. “I’m sensing some sort of favor coming from you Sir Flik,” Miklotov said knowingly.

“You spend some time with me and you assume you know me!! Well, now that you mention it, I was wondering if you could set up a duel between your partner and me. I’m thinking that I can beat that pretty boy!” Flik said with a smirk plastered on his face.

Miklotov looked at Flik wondering why he would want to duel Camus. “Alright Sir Flik, I’ll set it up for you two, but it will probably be in the next few days. I have a few trainings that I need to finish up with the boys, plus I needs to work on a few swings.”

“Ha ha ha. You really are a workaholic!!” Flik said while scrubbing Miklotov’s back.

“Damn!!! Can’t you guys do that any faster!! By the time you get into the water, I probably would be dead!!” Viktor retorted with a death glare. He was under the water for what seemed like forever for the poor brute.

Miklotov and Flik looked over at the Jungle style bath with a very red Viktor in the center. The two swordsmen looked at each other with evil grins on their faces.

Viktor caught on real quick and ran as fast as he could toward the door, but was caught by the blue knight.

“Where do you think you are going Sir Viktor! I never said that you could leave the hot waters!! Besides, I’m not done with you!” Miklotov said.

“Yeah, tubby! With the trouble that you caused Mik, I will have to punish you!!” Flik said with devilish grin.

“You. . .you pretty boys can’t take me down!” Viktor said huffing, puffing and finally got away from Miklotov’s grip.

“Pr. . .Pretty boy!! Did you just call me a pretty boy!?!” Flik said angrily. Flik’s fists were trembling and he hit Viktor with all his might. Viktor flew across the room and hit the wall.

Viktor got up and a dark grin appeared upon his face, “You wanna fight!! You got one pretty boys!!” Viktor plunged toward the other two swordsmen and tossed them into the water.

A quarrel among the three men began.


Camus was left behind in the café, he was sipping some nice green tea, he could not stomach anymore coffee, especially after six cups of coffee.

“Sir Camus!! Fancy meeting you here! I was wondering if you have seen Sir Flik,” Nina asked the red knight.

Camus looked at the young woman who stood before him and smiled gently, “Lady Nina, why don’t you join me. I would really like to have some tea with you.”

Nina blushed at the comment Camus said and replyed, “Most certainly Sir Knight.” Nina slowly took the seat across from the redhead. “How rude of me, I forgot to answer your question Lady Nina. As requested, I am sorry to inform you young lady, but I am afraid that I do not know where Sir Flik has gone. I am quite certain that he has matters to attend to with Lord Riou. I apologize for not being helpful Lady Nina,” Camus said mildly.

“Please, don’t be sorry Sir Camus. Thank you so much for answering my question. It’s just that. . .well. . .I made him some Nanami Cake. . .and. . .I thought that it would be nice to share it with him, but since I cannot find him, would you like to try some Sir Knight?” Nina inquired.

“Most certainly Lady Nina. Anything a beautiful woman makes must have put much of her love into it, “ Camus said lightly. “I must admit Lady Nina, I am quite curious how Sir Flik has stolen such a lovely heart away from all the bachelors of the castle.”

Nina giggled, “You are so charming Sir Camus! Well, I don’t know how to explain it, but Sir Flik. . .he’s. . .like my Prince Charming! He is truly perfect in every way! He’s sweet, sensitive, absolutely handsome, and quite gentle with women, unlike that brute that he hangs out with!!”

Camus chuckled at Nina’s comment and the red face that she had saying the last sentence. “I take it that you don’t like Sir Viktor.”

Nina blinked, “Not only do I don’t like the buffoon, I despise him! I mean he’s an idiot that is all muscle and no brain! I can’t believe that Sir Flik hangs out with such a man! Sir Flik deserves so much more than that pea brain!!” Nina said this as she crossed her arms across her chest, eyes closed and eyebrows twitching.

Camus continued chuckling to himself, “Lady Nina, tell me, what does Sir Flik deserve?”

Nina’s eyes glistened with stars, “Well, he deserves a woman who can touch him in ways he has never felt before! He deserves adoration, respect, love, compassion, honor, and most importantly someone he can trust with all his heart, mind and soul. I would give him anything he desires!! He is truly a man who is in desperate need of a woman’s touch!”

Camus thought to himself, Lady Nina seems to have devoted her life to making Sir Flik happy. I wonder. . .if she really loves him. Somehow, I can’t shake the feeling that it’s just puppy love. She means well. . .but. . .I want Flik. Camus was a bit surprised to hear his voice in his head say ‘I want Flik’. Camus wondered about Flik’s and Viktor’s relationship as Nina continued talking about Flik.

“I also like the way that Sir Flik combs his hair with his fingers when he gets frustrated. He gets this little wrinkle on his nose that is just so adorable!! And he always puts his hands on his hips when he gets angry. . .It’s just seems so right!! Oh, look at me jabbering away!! I really must be going Sir Camus. Thank you so much for hearing me out!! Good day, Sir Knight!”

Nina finally said goodbye to the Red Knight, and skipped away from him, leaving the untouched Nanami Cake with Camus. Camus watched the very happy school girl leave the table and wondered, Sir Flik, I wish you much luck with the young girl. She seems to have all sorts of information. . .that I believe you are unaware of. A bath sounds good right about now. . .lets see. . .its been an hour since Miklotov left for the bath. . .I think it would be safe to head there.

Camus drank the rest of his tea and took one bite of the Nanami Cake Nina left behind before heading to the bathhouse. Lady Nina is quite a good cook. That Nanami Cake was pretty tasty.


“Hey, Camus! Enjoy the bath!” Tetsu said as Camus entered the bathhouse.

“Thanks Sir Tetsu,” Camus replied. Camus undressed in the locker room, but was quite amazed by the noises that he was hearing coming from the bath room. He heard lots of splashing, hitting, and yelling, but he could not make out the voices. Camus slowly entered the bath room and saw four men quarreling in the tub. Camus quickly recognized the men, Flik, Miklotov, Viktor, and Chaco.

Camus sighed heavily at the sight, and started cleaning himself. The four men did not even notice that Camus entered the room, they continued screaming, punching, kicking, and throwing each other in the tub. When Camus finally finished cleaning himself, he entered the tub quietly and slowly. Camus stared at the four men, a frown plastered on his face. Camus went over to Viktor and Miklotov and grabbed their ears pulling them violently and said, “I can’t believe you guys!! A quarrel in the bathtub!! Miklotov, I’m ashamed and Viktor, I thought that you would have more common sense than to start a fight!”

“Me. . .start a fight!?! They started it!!” Viktor retorted pointing to Flik and Miklotov.

“I just thought that it was funny. . .I just had to join in,” Chaco added.

Flik was huffing and puffing. He finally sat down in the bath tub and said, “I was just giving tubby his punishment and Miklotov was helping me. If you must blame someone Camus, you should blame me.”

Camus looked at Flik and said to the two men he had a hold on, “If I let you guys go. . .will you behave yourselves?”

Miklotov and Viktor looked at Camus with puppy eyes and violently shook their heads pleading, ‘Yes, yes, yes, yes, please let me go!’ “Man, you guys are wussies!” Chaco said as he got up from the bathtub and walked out of the room.

As soon as Camus let go of their ears, they quickly sat down in the bathtub. Miklotov calmly sat there, while Viktor pouted.

Camus smiled and said, “Good boys! That’s better!” Camus sat down in the bathtub as well. There was silence among the boys for quite some time. Camus was quite content with the silence and closed his eyes. The image that came to him was one of Flik. Camus imagined Flik looking at him with eyes of seduction, undressing Camus with his pure blue eyes. Camus’s eyes shot open, he looked down slowly. . .he was beginning to get hard. Thank goodness that the boys are behind me!

“Kiyaaaaaaaaa!” a woman’s voice yelled. All the boys looked up and saw a white poof and a dark haired woman lying of the bathroom floor. The young woman quickly got up and observed the room, “Where am I? Oh, no!! I teleported in the wrong place yet again today!!”

Viki finally saw the young men in the bathtub and blushed furiously. “Oh my god!!! The men’s side of the bathhouse!!! I’m so sorry!!!!!!” Viki said as she bowed several times in front of the men and ran out of the bathhouse in a blink of an eye.

“Man. . .that woman can run!” Viktor said wide-eyed wondering what the heck just happened.

Camus looked down to check himself and thought, I’m quite glad that Lady Viki was here briefly. Things sure settled down.

“Oh, Camus I was wondering if it would be possible for you to participate in a duel in a couple of days,” Miklotov asked Camus calmly.

Camus turned around to face Miklotov, “Oh, is that so. Sure.” Camus said with a smile.

Miklotov glanced at Flik and gave him a little smile. Flik gave Miklotov the thumbs up. Flik got up slowly and said, “I think I’m quite toasty! Ha ha ha.”

“Yeah, you look pretty hot,” Camus said before he realized the innuendo. Camus then turned even redder and immersed himself deeper into the warm water.

Flik, Miklotov, and Viktor looked at Camus curiously. Flik thought, I’ve never seen Camus act so strangely before. Camus always acts so cool headed. . .but I wonder if he really meant what he said.

Tetsu came into the bathroom and said, “Alright guys, I think that you had enough time in the bath tub. All of ya. . .out!” With that said he waited for the men to get out of the tub and into the locker room before he took his place back at the entrance of the bathhouse.

Camus thought to himself I can’t believe I said that. Why the hell am I so embarrassed. What’s wrong with me today!!

While dressing, Flik looked over at Camus and wondered to himself, What’s up with Camus? Flik’s eyes wandered down Camus’s figure. Camus was still wearing a loose towel, but Camus’s slim but built shape was quite nice on the eyes. The water droplets falling from his abdomen to his towel were quite appealing. His wet hair falling in his face with that concerned look was quite a turn on for Flik. Wow. Camus is damn hot!

Viktor was now half dressed. He glanced at Flik and Camus and thought, Hmmmm. . .those two seem to have somethin’ goin’ on. I will have to keep my eye on those two. Viktor went over to the fully dressed Miklotov and whispered, “Hey, Mik. Do you see what I see?”

Miklotov looked at Viktor and gave him a blank face. Miklotov was about to speak but was abruptly stopped by the shorter man. Viktor whispered, “Don’t say anything. I guess you don’t see what I see. Come on. . .let’s sneak out of here. I’ll train with you in the dojo if you come with me right now.”

Miklotov nodded and followed Viktor out of the bathhouse. As Miklotov walked out he wondered what Viktor was talking about. What was Sir Viktor talking about anyway. I didn’t see anything. Let’s see. . .besides Sir Viktor and myself, there was Camus and Sir Flik. I wonder if he was talking about them. Whatever, I get to train with Sir Viktor! Miklotov’s eyes sparkled at the thought of training. Together, Viktor and Miklotov left the room and headed toward the dojo, much to Miklotov’s amusement.

Camus decided to ignore his thoughts and started to get dressed. “Hey, Mik. Who am I going to duel in a few days?” There was silence. After Camus got his crisp white pants on, he inspected the room. To his surprise, Viktor and Miklotov were gone. He quickly noticed Flik standing just a few feet from him putting on his smooth blue cape.

A hint of red touched Camus’s cheeks and he quickly turned back to face his locker cubby to avoid the chance of Flik seeing his face. He quickly reached for the rest of his clothing, and rushed to finish getting ready. Camus thought Damn, I am acting like a little school girl in puppy love! Just then an image of Nina with large, sparkling eyes of adoration slipped into his mind. Camus sweat-dropped and sighed, perhaps not.

Flik looked at Camus confused by the fact that Camus was just standing there with his purple cape only half-way on and seemingly in deep thought. Without much thought Flik stepped over to Camus and lifted his cape onto his shoulder. Camus almost jumped when he noticed Flik and he turned away from him even more to hide his face, which was as bright as his hair. Flik decided to avoid pressing on what could be occupying his mind, since Miklotov did mention that Camus had been busy. Perhaps he is just trying to pace himself.

As soon as Camus gained his composure, he turned to face Flik, “Sir Flik, I must take my leave.” With that he briskly walked out of the door. Camus sighed, I don’t understand! Why does he have to be so. . .accessible.

Flik was a bit shocked about Camus’s attitude and action. I don’t understand! What the hell just happened!? Was he. . .trying to avoid me!? But, why? Flik’s face turned into a frown and stormed out of the bathhouse looking for Camus. Dammit! Camus. . .I am going to figure out what the hell is wrong with you!!

Flik spotted Camus walking toward the main hall, and yelled, “Camus!!! Wait!!” Camus suddenly stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around. He saw Flik running toward him. Why? Why is he coming after me?? Does he know?

When Flik got to where Camus was, he looked at Camus straight in the eye, “What the hell was that??”

Camus a bit confused by the statement said, “What?? I do not understand what you are talking about Sir Flik?”

Flik grabbed Camus and said, “What the hell was that?? You just left. . .so strangely!! What the hell is going on Camus? This isn’t like you! I want to know everything that you have been doing Camus!”

Camus was a bit unguarded by the forceful action that Flik took upon him. Flik was looking at him with eyes of rage and concern. Flik’s words hit Camus in a way that almost made me confess his feelings. “Sir Flik. . .I. . .I. . .don’t know what to say. I apologize for worrying you. Trust me when I say that there is nothing strange going on. I have just been a little uptight about some things and I haven’t been sleeping well. If it will make you feel better, I will go see Dr. Huan.”

Flik’s eyes changed to total concern, he let his grip loosen and put his arms down by his side. “Alright Camus. I’m sorry. Well. . .let’s go see Dr. Huan this instant! I won’t hear another word! We are going!” Flik grabbed Camus’s hand and lead him straight to Dr. Huan.

While Flik was pulling him along Camus thought, I had no idea that I worried Sir Flik so much.


“Sir Flik, Sir Camus. . .what can I do for you today?” Tuta said as the two men entered the room.

Flik went over to Tuta and patted his head, “Hey kid, we’re here to see Dr. Huan. Is he available right now?”

Tuta responded, “He should be done any minute. A soldier came in wanting some medicine for his cough. Dr. Huan is giving him an examination and possibly a prescription. Please wait here, I will go check, okay.”

Flik gave the young boy a smile before he left. Flik and Camus sat down in the waiting room. Camus sat down in total silence, looking down at his feet.

Flik decided to break the silence. “Tell me Camus, what are some of the things that you must attend to today?”

Camus looked at the blue orbs that were staring at him and said, “Sir Flik, you worry too much. I have been doing some favors for Sir Shu. It’s not a big deal Sir Flik.”

Flik’s eyebrow lifted up in curiosity, “What type of favors?”

Camus tore his eyes away from Flik’s, “Nothing out of the ordinary.”

Flik said, “Camus, you’re hiding something from me! I want to know, and no time is better than the present.”

Camus said, “Sir Flik, I assure you that I am NOT hiding something from you.”

Flik looked at Camus with disapproving eyes, “Yeah, whatever! You are hiding something. . .just say it like it is. Nothing you say can surprise me. . .well. . .almost nothing.”

Camus a bit curious decided to probe into his mind, “Oh, really! Then tell me Sir Flik, what would surprise you?”

Flik thought about it for a moment and said, “Hmmmm. . .maybe if you were sleeping with Maximillian or someone like that. Ha ha ha!!!”

Camus tried to picture himself with the old geezer. That would surprise me too!!! Camus could not help but put on a face of disgust.

Before Flik could ask Camus another question Dr. Huan came in and said, “Sir Camus, Sir Flik. . .what seems to be the problem?”

Camus got up and told Dr. Huan, “Dr. Huan, I have been having much trouble getting rest and it was been affecting my behaviors during the day. Do you think that there is something that I can take to help me sleep?”

Dr. Huan went over to the medicine cabinet and grabbed a bottle, he went over to Camus and placed the bottle in his hand, “Take two pills every night before you go to bed. My suggestion is that you take two pill two hours before you fall asleep. Come back in a week, and tell me your progress, alright.”

Camus looking at the green bottle nodded his head in response. “Thank you very much Dr. Huan. I really appreciate your help.”

“Oh, by the way, please don’t take more than two pills. There can be side effects if you do,” Dr. Huan said with concern. Camus exchanged glances with Flik and nodded to Dr. Huan. Dr. Huan smiled and left to tend to other patients.

Camus opened the bottle of pills and smelled the herbal medicine and his eyes began to water from the fumes. Flik sniffled the medication and began to feel his nose tickle. “Wow! That should knock you out cold,” Flik said while rubbing his nose. Camus just looked at the bottle wide-eyed.

Camus began to walk away from Dr. Huan’s office and Flik followed. Flik said, “Would you like to go get something to eat in Hai Yo’s café? You could get some good Western-style food.” Camus looked at Flik slightly confused, “How did you know I like Western-style food?” Camus asked. Flik grinned and said, “Well during one of the cooking competitions, I remember the announcer said that you preferred food of that style.” “I can’t believe you remember that,” Camus said with a smile on his face. “Come on, my treat! And unlike Viktor, I don’t steal food,” Flik said with a smirk on his face. “I would love to,” Camus smiled. I can’t believe it, is this like a date!? Camus thought. Together the two headed to the café.


Meanwhile, Miklotov and Viktor were in the dojo.

Miklotov began by stretching in order to get ready for the duel. Viktor stood behind Miklotov and that was when he realized that Miklotov has a really tight butt. Viktor gulped and watched Miklotov’s body as he stretched.

“Hey Mik, nice ass!” Viktor said over the blue knight’s shoulders with greedy eyes.

“Wha. . .what!!” Miklotov said as he turned around to see a drooling Viktor over his shoulders. Miklotov quickly moved away from Viktor and tried to look at his own butt to see what Viktor was fussing about. “Just what do you mean by that Sir Viktor? I don’t see anything out of the ordinary.” Miklotov kept looking for what Viktor was talking about, but concluded that his butt was quite normal.

Viktor grinned evilly and said, “No! Your ass is mine!”

Miklotov smiled and said, “Well then, let’s begin this duel!”

Miklotov lunged toward the muscle man allowing the two swords to contact each other.

“Hey! Squid brain! Just what the hell are you doing damaging such a fine sword such as myself! You should be more careful!” said the Star Dragon Sword furiously.

“Shut up! Just take the pain!” Viktor muttered.

“You insolent fool! How dare you speak to me in such a manner!” the Star Dragon Sword retorted.

Miklotov could not help but laugh to himself quietly. Those two are always bickering. They have one tight relationship. . .I wish I had that with someone. . .er. . .or some soul.

Miklotov, although much more slender than the overtly buff man, had higher attack power and more speed, thanks to his wind amulet and winged boots. He again attacked Viktor and although Viktor blocked the attack the Star Dragon Sword became slightly stunned by the impact.

Viktor scoffed at the sword, and the Star Dragon Sword became angry and yelled, “It is all your fault for being unable to wield a fine master, such as myself.” Viktor sighed and continued to attack Miklotov.

Miklotov easily blocked Viktor’s advances since Miklotov had much more training and experience. Miklotov knew Viktor would often avoid morning training in order to eat extra rice for breakfast. Although Miklotov felt that Viktor was a strong opponent, he could not help but feel disappointed in the duel. I could easily attack Viktor when he is so distracted by his own sword, Miklotov thought.

Although Viktor was struggling during many points in the duel, Viktor somehow was able to focus on his opponent. The Star Dragon Sword would bicker, complain and yell at his master, but somehow seemed to have some concern for the other through their words of dislike and hate.

Miklotov was certainly entertained by the two bickering, he thought that they wasted much breath with each other, but they seemed to work well together as well. There were many opportunities for Miklotov to bring Viktor down, but he believed in fighting fair and thought that if he attacked during those crucial times would prove to be unworthy.

Miklotov and Viktor dueled for a few hours and finally Viktor lost to Miklotov’s skilled moves. “REMATCH! I want a rematch!” Viktor exclaimed. Miklotov smiled and said, “I would love to!” Viktor smirked and said, “Right here, right now!”

Miklotov looked at Viktor with an all-knowing look on face, “I am always prepared, Sir Viktor, but I don’t think you are strong enough right now.” With that Miklotov turned and put his weapon away while heading out of the dojo. “It is you who should be preparing, Sir Viktor. Perhaps we shall duel again later this week. I train for at least 3 hours in the morning. Perhaps you would like to join my blue knights?” Miklotov asked politely. Viktor looked at him incredulously, “Yeah right! I like to sleep when it is dark in the mornings, Mik.” “Suite yourself,” Miklotov said as he left the dojo to go relax in his room and kick off his boots.

“Serves your right you idiot,” said Star Dragon Sword quietly. “Wha?” Viktor replied with a puzzled look. “Nothing, you dumbass. But it would be best if I were Miklotov’s master; now he knows how to wield a sword!” the Star Dragon Sword responded. “WHY YOU!?” Viktor yelled and their arguing continued as Viktor choked the hilt of his sword.

Miklotov sighed from the door and finally left.

Genshu looked into the dojo and sighed. It looks like Sasuke and I can’t have our duel. Viktor is too busy playing with his sword.


Camus and Flik walked into the café together slowly. Camus smiled and said to the waitress, “The usual table please, kind waitress.” The waitress blushed and said “Of course, Sir Camus.”

“The usual table? Heh! You must come here quite often!” Flik laughed.

“I like the view from the terrace. I can think better when I have fresh air and good food. Although my table is right next to Zamza’s usual table, so the service may be a little slower. He is a little. . .picky with his food and can take a lot of the waitresses time,” Camus said being choosy with his choice of wording.

The two followed the waitress onto the terrace. Flik looked at the sky. The sky was blue and clear, and colorful leaves flew through the air. Flik enjoyed the fall; it wasn't too hot or too cold, and the sky was clearer than glass. Flik breathed in the fresh air and smiled as a little puff of steam came from his mouth.

Camus looked at Flik enjoying the fall weather and smiled. He watched Flik’s lips as the steam slipped between them. Camus immediately blushed as he thought about those warm lips and steamy breath covering his neck. Camus tilted his head a little to the side as though it were truly happening. Camus finally regained composure and stood up straight.

Flik turned around, “Hey Camus, isn’t it cool that even though it is only 3:00pm you can already see the outline of the moon in the blue sky?” Camus looked up and smiled with the cool breeze blowing in his hair. Flik looked at Camus as he looked into the sky. He has the most beautiful profile. His hair ruffles so cutely in the wind. Holy shit, I really ought to stop looking. Flik thought and then looked up at the moon to share in the moment.

Camus turned towards Flik, “Let’s sit down, we can still see the moon from there. I am really glad they have little fire heaters to keep the terrace warm while we eat.” Camus smiled and walked over to his usual chair. Flik instinctively pulled the chair out for Camus to sit down and pushed it in and put the napkin on his lap. Camus looked up at Flik confused and stared straight into Flik’s eyes. Flik, knowing he was about to turn red turned and said, “I always do that. . . er. . .even for Viktor, it was habit.” “Oh. . .,” Camus replied, hoping not to sound too disappointed.

Flik sat down on the other side of the table. Just then there was an uncomfortable silence and neither one knew what to talk about. Camus smiled and said, “So Sir Flik, what do you do for fun? I mean, Miklotov loves to train for fun and Viktor seems to get around. . .” “Well,” Flik responded, “I enjoy doing a lot of things. . .but as of late I have only been working on resolving this war.”

“I understand Sir Flik, but you must do things besides such work. It can be very stressful and you must take necessary precautions to keep yourself healthy and safe,” Camus responded with deep concern in his voice.

“Gee Sir Camus, you seem awfully worried about me,” Flik stated with a smirk on his face.

“Well, you give me a reason to worry. All I ever see you do is work and work. . .” Camus sighed.

“I do watch the stage performances from time to time though. You would probably enjoy watching Gabocha and Gengen dance. They keep their rhythm nicely. And Annalee’s group plays wonderful music. When there are performances, even Clive smiles and enjoys himself,” Flik stated. “You should join me sometime,” Flik said with a big smile on his face. Camus grinned and said, “Maybe we can convince Mik to do a dance with Gabocha and Gengen; now that is something I would love to see!” Flik quirked his eyebrow and could not hold in a laugh. “Ha ha ha ha!! Damn, that’s funny! I’d love to see that too! Oh, by the way, in a couple of days you will be dueling me. I’d like to whoop you!” Flik said with a huge grin plastered on his face.

Camus almost dropped his cup of tea when he heard the brunette say those words. The dream he had came to mind once again. He remembered Flik being quite assertive, and sexy. Camus was in a daze for a while as Flik rambled on about his work.

“Hey Camus! Are you there?” Flik said with worry.

Camus looked straight at the brunette and said, “I’m sorry. I must have dazed out for a second. Sometimes I just look at the sky. . .and well. . .space out I guess.” Camus smiled.

Flik’s eyebrow raised, “What were you thinking about?”

Camus giggled and said, “Um. . .nothing in particular.”

Flik said with disbelief, “Um-hmmmm. . .sure.”

The waitress came up and asked the two swordsmen what they would like to eat. Calmus ordered the Spicy Pilaf, and Flik ordered the Chirashi-Zushi. They both asked to share a pot of green tea. After they ate their early dinner Flik asked the waitress, “Excuse me miss, can we have a couple of beers please.”

“No problem!” the waitress said in response.

“Planning on getting me drunk, Sir Flik?” Camus said with a smile.

Flik’s eyes widen and said, “Yeah I am. . .you say some interesting things when you are drunk.”

Camus looked at Flik with disbelief, “I don’t think I am that bad when I am drunk! Besides last night was just strange.”

“Really!! You had a weird night as well?!” Flik said in shock. “I couldn’t sleep well last night, I think those rice cakes were the things that threw off my stomach! I don’t think that cake and alcohol mix very well,” Flik said with concern.

Camus wanted to ask him if he had any strange dreams as well. . .but decided not to. He didn’t want to freak Flik out at this point. They didn’t know each other well enough to discuss such things. Camus sighed as he took another gulp of his beer. “I don’t know what to tell you Flik. Maybe Lady Nina chose to poison you, or something.”

Flik almost spit out his sip of tea. “WHAT?”

Camus looked at Flik innocently.

Flik then said, “How can you possibly call her a lady?!”

Camus looked at Flik and sighed I guess my idea about poison didn’t worry him much.

Flik smiled and said, “Well that is behind us, now where were we? How about another beer!” Camus grinned and felt the liquid begin to lighten him up. Flik smiled as he noticed Camus’s back begin to unwind and the tension begin to fade away.

“Hey!” Both Camus and Flik turned to face a grinning Miklotov. Miklotov walked over to Camus and started rubbing his shoulders. “Hey Camus, you look so tired and tense, let me rub your shoulders for you!” Miklotov said as he massaged him. Camus looked at Miklotov and said, “Um. . .Mik? You are already doing so.” Miklotov shrugged and continued to press on his back in small circles.

Flik watched Miklotov’s skilled hands glide over Camus’s back and slowly averted his attention to the look on Camus’s face. Camus looked so comfortable and happy, as if he were in complete ecstasy. Flik began to feel a little inkling of envy as he watched Camus’s best friend make him happy.

“So, what is the relationship between you two anyway?” Flik asked with slight irritation in his voice.

Miklotov looked at Flik a little strangely, “Gee, I thought everyone knew what our relationship was like. Camus and I entered knighthood on the same day. Ever since then, we have been stuck like glue.” Miklotov said with a smile.

“Yeah, Miklotov and I go way back,” Camus said to back-up Miklotov’s explanation.

“I didn’t mean that. . .are you guys. . .you know. . .together?” Flik said with a little hesitation. Flik thought that he was being a little too direct. . .but Miklotov seemed to need more than what Flik implied.

“Of course we are together!” Miklotov said impulsively.

Camus laughed and said, “No we are not together. . .not like the way you are implying Sir Flik, however, I tried to get Mik in the sheets on many occasions.” Miklotov looked at Camus with a blank look. Miklotov thought, Camus tried to get me in the sheets?! What does that mean?? I know that Camus has put me in bed on several occasions due to what he calls stubbornness, but I feel like I am missing something here.

Camus looked up at Miklotov and said, “Mik, I know you are a bit dense, but I. . .I guess you could say that I was in love with you.”

“I know! I love you too, Camus! You know that!” Miklotov replied as-a-matter-of-factly.

Camus sighed, “Not like that! I mean I was IN LOVE with you.”

Miklotov stood there with his hands on Camus’s shoulders with a blank look on his face. “Um. . .Camus, I don’t get it. I mean you are like a big brother to me, of course I know you love me. What do you mean by “was”? Oh! You don’t like me anymore?” Miklotov said completely puzzled.

Camus gave up and his inhibitions were gone thanks to the alcohol, “MIK! I mean I was in love with you in the way that lovers are! I wanted to make love to you and do all those other things that lovers do!”

Miklotov looked dumbfounded. By this time, Flik was ready to hit Miklotov over his head in irritation that Miklotov was so dense, and also because he was saddened by the fact that Camus had once loved someone so close. He closed his eyes for a few seconds. Okay Flik, you were in love with Odessa at one point, right? So what is the difference? I mean, yeah, Odessa is gone and Miklotov is still here, but. . .well that is a big difference. And what about Viktor? I mean he is a big oaf, but he is my big oaf too. Hmm. . . I got it! I gotta set up Mik and Viktor! That would fix everything!

Miklotov still looked dumbfounded as Flik opened his eyes. Camus was holding Miklotov’s hand over his shoulder and Miklotov finally understood what Camus was saying.

“Wow Camus, I didn’t know you felt that way,” Miklotov said politely. “I always thought you were into girls, so I didn’t even view you as an option for dating. I am so bad with girls, so I have always been into guys. . .gee Camus, we really are alike!”

Camus looked up at Miklotov, but didn’t feel the same spark as he used to, even though he was sure that just the morning before he wanted Miklotov more than anything. In just one evening, Camus realized that Flik stole his heart. Just then Camus remembered that Flik was sitting right across from him. Camus blushed as Flik looked directly into his eyes. Miklotov sighed and decided to continue Camus’s back massage. Flik smiled at Camus, he could not resist the blush on Camus’s face and found Camus to be simply irresistible.

Miklotov looked at the sky and said, “Hey Camus, do you think the sky looks any different in Rockaxe?” Camus sighed and said, “Well I don’t know about that, but the sky here is quite majestic and even though we are away from home, it is the same sky after all.” Miklotov nodded and began to rub Camus’s shoulders and upper arms. Flik decided to interrupt and say, “Hey Mik! I think Viktor is actually training out here; I guess there really is a first time for everything.” Miklotov ran over to the edge of the terrace and saw Viktor practicing with the Star Dragon Sword.

“Hey Viktor! Keep up the good work!” Miklotov hollered from the café. Viktor looked up and smiled. “Yeah, well I gotta beat ya next time!” Viktor replied loudly. Miklotov smiled and returned to Camus’s shoulders.

“It is okay Mik. I know you enjoy helping people train and Viktor could use all the help he can get,” Camus said. Camus continued, “Don’t worry about me, Dr. Huan gave me some sleeping herbal pills for tonight. And I have Sir Flik here to keep me company.” Miklotov smiled at Flik and Flik smiled back. Miklotov followed with, “Okay, Sir Flik. Camus really enjoys back massages and you should give him one before going to bed! It helps him unwind. I guess I will go help Sir Viktor.” “I am quite alright Sir Flik,” Camus said, “I think Mik’s backrub will be good enough.” As Miklotov left the café to meet with Viktor, Flik got out of his seat to take full advantage of Camus’s back.

Camus took note of Flik’s hands on his back and said, “No really, you don’t need to do that Sir Flik. I’m alright.” Camus did enjoy Flik’s hands on his shoulders and the nice circular motions Flik was using to ease the muscles.

Flik said calmly, “I want to give you a massage. You deserve it Camus, besides I don’t want you to have a backache in the morning. Plus, I have to make sure you take those pills.”

As Flik’s warm hands ran over Camus’s body, he shivered. Never before had he felt so warm and euphoric over a back massage. Camus felt like he wanted to pull Flik’s hands down over his chest, but stopped himself. Why am I so stupid? Mik would probably give me a chance if I ask. . .But Flik feels so good. And if these are just his hands, I cannot even fathom how warm and delightful the rest of his body is.

Flik continued to rub Camus’s shoulders, getting more out of it than Camus would ever know, however, he wanted to continue this back rub later in Camus’s room, he wanted to use some warm massaging oil that he had in his room, scented of lavender. He received the oil from Dr. Huan when he went in due to an extreme backache he had a month ago, and it worked wonders. After about fifteen minutes, Flik stopped rubbing Camus’s back and took a seat. “I will continue the rest of that back rub later, before you go to bed. Hopefully the back rub I gave you will be enough for now,” Flik said with a seductive smile.

Camus’s heart skipped a beat when he saw Flik’s smile.


TBC. . .

Onto Chapter 4
Back to Chapter 2
Back to Suikoden fics
Back to Videogame Index

Email: yami_kiwi@yahoo.com