~~Sleeping Beauty~~


Sleeping Beauty Chapter 1

SUMMARY—This is the tale of Sleeping Beauty, Saint Seiya Style!

PAIRINGS—Mu x Shaka, Milo x Aphrodite, Milo x Camus, a few others here and there ^_^

WARNINGS—This chapter and the next are rated PG13, but future chapters may be up to NC-17.

A/N—This is definitely AU in the sense that the characters are taking the roles of people in a fairy tale ^_^ In this story, we followed SOME of the Disney version (since the original story is so short) and are taking A LOT of creative license. Italics are thoughts. We tried to keep most of the Saint Seiya boys in character, but since they are in different roles and such, some are a little OOC @_@ Hope you enjoy

Disclaimer—I don't own any characters, they belong to their respective creators.


Once upon a time in a far away land, a beautiful baby boy was born to the king and queen. His eyes were as blue as the sky and his hair as golden as spun honey. He also had a little mysterious dot on his forehead that only added to his uniqueness and his golden aura calmed those around him. When he laughed and cooed, he could bring smiles to even the saddest in the kingdom.

Six months after he was born his parents, King Dohko and Queen Athena decided to have a party in honor of their son’s birth and to have their son meet his betrothed. The large, grandiose castle was decorated in many shades of purples, lavenders, silvers, and golds for the celebration. A great feast was prepared for the kingdom. Since the father of their new son’s betrothed, King Shion, was also coming they decided to make it extra special and invite their close fairy friends.

Upon King Shion’s arrival King Dohko immediately went to him and gave him a huge slap on the butt. “It seems you are quite well, my friend,” King Dohko said while eyeing his friend. Athena always looked the other way, but knew her husbands tendencies with his best friend all to well.

King Shion turned around to call for his child, Prince Mu. “Mu darling, come here to meet your bride to be!” King Shion rang as his servants pushed Mu’s stroller closer to Shion.

Queen Athena gasped, “What? We have a son, not a daughter! You are all wrong! You were supposed to bring your daughter!”

King Shion let out a chuckled, “I don't have a daughter; in fact, King Dohko told me that you were to bear a daughter.”

Queen Athena sighed and responded, “Well, they certainly cannot get married!”

King Dohko interrupted his wife, “Well darling, why argue. We promised to allow our children to marry and unite our kingdoms.”

Queen Athena responded, “But Dohko! That won’t work, how will they have children!?” King Shion said, “Well Queen Athena, perhaps one of our fairy friends can help them in the future to have kids.” King Dohko smiled and said, “Hurray, then it is settled! Mu come here and look at your new fiancé.”

Mu, being only one year old, waddled around. King Shion picked up his baby and took him over to Prince Shaka. Mu reached down over the basket and held onto Shaka’s hand. King Shion took this as a sign and exclaimed, “Hurray! It seems that they are meant to be!” Queen Athena hit her head against the wall as King Dohko jumped with glee.

Prince Shaka’s eyes were closed the whole time and did not even see Prince Mu, but he could tell that his hand was being held and let out a little cooing sound as well.


After a little while, it was announced that the three good fairies had finally arrived. Queen Athena was quite close to the three fairies, but also knew that they also had gay tendencies and was quite disheartened at the idea that they would probably agree with Dohko and King Shion about their two sons getting married. She once again began hitting her head against the wall.

A few minutes later the fairies entered the throne room, each with sparkling wings and glittering magic wands. The announcer said, “Here are the three good fairies: Aphrodite of Pisces, Camus of Aquarius, and Milo of Scorpio.” The three entered the room in a spotlight and all of the guests were in awe.

Aphrodite sparkled and shined with utmost elegance and grace. His lips were pink and glossy and his aqua hair was filled with shimmering glitter. He sauntered seductively while swaying his hips causing his silky dress to swish around him. His wand and wings matched his hair and Aphrodite enjoyed the looks he was getting from the guests.

Camus walked in stoically. He looked just as lovely as the other fairies, but he carried with him a strong sense of pride and dignity. As he walked, his beautiful shiny dark blue hair would flow back and forth, showing the turquoise glitter. The crowd still gave Camus the attention that he did not crave for. Why are people looking at me? They have two other fairies that actually want attention. Camus sighed and continued into the throne room.

Milo smirked his way in eyeing the crowd flirtatiously and seductively wiggled his butt to the musical introduction. His hair and creamy skin were shimmering with silver glitter and his sparkling wand and gossamer wings shined with an eerie glow that brought the audience to awe. Milo, loving the attention—much like Aphrodite, waved to the audience and brought blushes to everyone’s faces.

The three fairies bowed towards the king and queen, and quickly ran over to the new baby. The three fairies looked down in the basinet and all three smiled as the baby opened his big, dark blue eyes.

“Oh my gods! You are so cute!” exclaimed Aphrodite with stars in his eyes. Shaka squealed and smiled at Aphrodite. “Aww! Did you see that? He likes me ^_^,” Aphrodite continued.

“Heh! You know Aphrodite, he was smiling at me!” Milo retorted and lowered his fingers down so the baby could hold his hand. Shaka grabbed Milo’s thumb and closed his eyes. “Aww. . .You see Aphrodite, he likes me!” Milo sang triumphantly. Camus sighed and picked the baby up and looked at him. The baby looked at Camus and smiled and Camus smiled back.

“Whoa! That baby got Camus to smile,” Aphrodite said with his mouth gaped open. “Wow,” Milo stated in awe, “You have a really cute smile Camus, I have never seen it before.” Camus shot him an icy glare. Milo took a few steps backwards with fear stricken eyes, “Alright, alright. No need to get vicious.”

Camus focused his attention back to Shaka and smiled back at the innocent child. He carefully placed the angel back in the bassinet.

“Your majesties,” Aphrodite said as he bowed with a gleam in his eyes, “We shall now give our gifts to your child.” Aphrodite squealed, “I will go first!” Aphrodite gracefully walked over to the child in the bassinet and gave Shaka the most warm and seductive smile. Aphrodite’s movements flowed; he raised his wand and said, “Oh wonderful Shaka, I shall give you the gift of beauty!” He waved his sparkly wand and glitter flew everywhere around the baby. The baby clapped trying to catch the sparkles and he giggled. Aphrodite smiled at his work.

Camus stepped forward, “Oh dear child, my gift to you shall be the gift of song.” Camus thought to himself, I can’t believe that Aphrodite talked me into this!! If I were to choose a gift, it would have been something practical, not singing!! Camus waved his sparkly wand in the air and once again glitter flew everywhere around little Shaka. Shaka squealed in totally bliss.

Milo sauntered over to the dolled up bassinet bent over to smile at the young child and said, “Oh cute little Shaka, my gift shall be the best of them all!! My gift…” Before Milo could finish his sentence, a gust of piercing wind shook the kingdom and before anyone noticed two men encompassed by their dark capes stood in the middle of the throne room.

“Your majesty Douko…I cannot believe that you would not send us invitations to this glorious celebration,” Saga said with a deep frown plastered on his face.

“After all the things that we have done for this world…we weren’t even sent an invitation!” Kanon said with disbelief. Kanon held out his arm and the crow, Shura, landed on his arm. Kanon petted little Shura.

Douko and Athena were shocked to see the evil witches before them. They were speechless. Milo pissed off that the evil witches had interrupted his speech said with anger, “How dare you insolent fools!!! Why I ought to…” Before Milo was able to finish his sentence, Aphrodite and Camus covered his mouth and held him back.

Saga and Kanon glared at Milo. Saga said, “To show your majesties that we are not offended by the incident that just took place. We too have a gift for little Shaka.”

Douko and Athena’s mouths dropped and the fairies huddled over the bassinet as a means to protect the golden cutie.

Saga and Kanon raised their staffs and hit the end of their staffs harshly on the ground and they said in unison, “Listen closely. Before the sun sets on his sixteenth birthday, he shall prick his finger on a spinning wheel! And poor prince Shaka will die!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!”

King Douko frightened for his child’s life said harshly, “Seize them!!!”

The townspeople grabbed what they can (knives, rocks etc.) to throw at the evil witches. Before anyone could do anything, the two witches disappeared in a puff of toxic green smoke. The people of the kingdom grew sorrowful, for the bright future for the kingdom grew dark and dreary.

Milo sighed and Aphrodite walked over to the king and queen and said, “Your majesties, Milo has not given his gift yet.”

King Douko looked up with a bit of hope and said, “Then, you can undo this evil?”

Aphrodite, Camus and Milo looked down for several seconds. Aphrodite finally said, “Unfortunately our powers are not that strong to undo Saga and Kanon’s magic, but Milo can soften the spell.”

Milo looked at Aphrodite with eyes of horror. He thought, What the hell!!! You expect me to soften the spell…just what do you expect me to do!?! Aphrodite and Camus walked over to Milo and whispered into his ear, “Just try your best dear…anything is better than Saga and Kanon’s gift.”

Milo protested quietly, “Just what the hell do you expect me to do about this!?! I mean…my gift was to make Shaka’s ding-dong perfect in every way…now you are telling me to soften some spell!?!”

Camus gave Milo the coldest glare that spoke to Milo in more ways than one. Milo sighed heavily and said, “Alright, alright. I’ll see what I can do.”

Milo went over to the sleeping child and looked at Shaka with much concern. He sighed once again, raised his wand and said, “Dear Shaka, although Saga and Kanon’s spell has befallen upon you…you shall not die…but sleep (Yeah…that’s it!). The spell of the evil witches shall be broken by love’s first kiss!” And Milo added for his amusement, he whispered quietly so not even a mouse could hear, “And dear Shaka, your true love shall lust over you when you open your wondrous eyes…and the two of you shall be horny…and have sex till dawn.” With that said, he swished his wand above the sleeping prince and beautiful sparkles fell upon the prince’s cradle.

The audience looked at Milo in awe and watched him wiggle his butt to the sway of his wand. He cast the magic with his entire body; that was Milo’s style. Aphrodite and Camus looked at each other knowingly about what Milo may have added to his little spell.


King Dohko was very upset and decided to spend his moments of grief with his beloved King Shion. Queen Athena gave up on those two and played with Mu and Shaka as the guards set fire to all of the spinning wheels in the kingdom.

The three fairies were in one of the rooms in the castle trying to figure out a way to protect prince Shaka from the evil witches. Aphrodite was pacing back in forth in the room trying to come up with something to protect dear Shaka. “Oh, what are we to do!” Aphrodite said with much concern.

Camus said while he was sitting down on a fancy chair with a spot of tea, “Well, I could go over to their lair and put a spell over them.”

“Camus!! You can’t do that!!! Our magic is used for good…we shall not stoop so low!” Aphrodite said with a frown.

“I like what Camus said! Let’s turn them into some sort of toads!!” Milo said with a smirk plastered on his face.

Aphrodite went over to Milo and smacked him over the head with his hand. “Ow! What the hell was that for!!!” Milo retorted.

“Milo! No! We shall not do such things! Do you understand!!!” Aphrodite said with a glare that could burn down a village in seconds.

Milo sighed again for the millionth time that day. Silence had befallen the fairies for several minutes until Milo and Camus heard a squeal. The two fairies looked at each other and then at Aphrodite.

Aphrodite had a huge smile on his face and little hearts were flying everywhere he went. “Um…Aphrodite…what are you thinking about?? Did you figure out something to protect the golden prince?!” Milo said with confusion.

Aphrodite was about to reveal all, but realized that the room could be bugged. “Wait! Follow me,” Aphrodite said as he turned his comrades into the size of tiny fireflies and lead them into one of the trinkets that lied on the table.

Milo did not like it when Aphrodite did things like that on a whim, “What the hell!! Why did you do that for?!?”

Aphrodite smacked him over the head once again and said, “You never know who is listening…I just wanted to take the extra precaution is all.”

Camus said lowly, “So, what’s your plan Aphrodite?”

“Let’s turn him into a flower, like a rose!” Aphrodite exclaimed.

Both Camus and Milo sweatdropped.

“Hey, that’s a wonderful idea, he would make such a lovely flower,” Milo said as he danced around the trinket box.

“Until there is a frost,” Camus said as a matter of factly.

“Dammit Camus, do you always have to be spoil-sport!” Aphrodite pouted. “Well Aphrodite, it was a good idea, but Camus is right. Stupid idiot, that was a good idea too!” Milo responded.

Camus looked down and said, “But he would make a nice flower. . .” Damn! I gotta make Aphrodite feel a little better, otherwise he won’t brainstorm anymore.

Milo and Aphrodite looked at Camus shocked that was as close to an apology they would ever hear from Camus and they both smiled at him.

Aphrodite smiled and giggled softly, “Well, how about if we take Shaka into a small cottage in the forest…we can take care of him until he reaches the age of sixteen!!! Imagine…us…taking care of a small cute little baby!!!”

Milo’s eyes widen, “What!?! But…but we don’t know how to take care of a little baby!?!”

Camus looked at Aphrodite with disbelief, “I don’t know if that is such a good idea, Aphrodite. The king and queen are most likely going to reject this course of action. I do not think that they would like to be away from their son for such a long period of time.”

Aphrodite pouted and said, “Well, we will have to make them understand that this is the only way to protect poor defenseless little Shaka! And you two are going to help me!” Aphrodite shot them both the most seductive look they have ever seen.

Milo who was already turning red said, “Um…Aphrodite…you scare me!”

Camus on the other hand would be much harder to convince. Aphrodite went over to the dark blue haired man and said to him in a sweet voice, “Camus-sama, you will help me right?” Aphrodite bat his gleaming eyes.

Camus knowing that if he looked into Aphrodite’s eyes, he was sure to cave in. Camus turned his head the other way.

Aphrodite tried harder. He was now pressing against Camus’s body. He put his arms around Camus’s neck and brought his face closer to Camus. He whispered, “Please Camus…you know I can’t do it without you…I will make it worth your while.”

Camus’s eyes shot open and he realized that he was now looking directly into Aphrodite’s eyes. Aphrodite ran a finger down his chest, sending chills down Camus’s spine.

Camus grunted, “Fine…fine…but let us think this through…I do not want to do something that isn’t well thought out.”

Aphrodite jumped in the air for a few seconds with a euphoric smile on his face. Milo laughed and said, “I know that there was an abandoned woodcutter’s cottage somewhere in the forest.”

Aphrodite squealed, “I know…we will have to give up our magic for the next sixteen years…we shall be peasants!!”

Milo and Camus looked at Aphrodite with horror stricken eyes. Milo said, “You have got to be shit’in me!! There is no way you are going to get me to give up my magic FOR SIXTEEN YEARS!!!”

Aphrodite eyes started to water. Milo feeling guilty for yelling at Aphrodite went over to him and embraced him. Milo said apologetically, “I’m sorry Aphrodite, I didn’t mean to make you cry…it’s just that…” Before Milo could say anything more, Aphrodite zapped his wings, which disappeared in thin air and grabbed his wand. Aphrodite shoved Milo off of him, causing the scorpion to fall to the floor. Aphrodite used his wand to put him into a light blue peasant’s tunic with a hat too. Aphrodite smirked and squealed when he saw his work.

Camus sneaked over to Aphrodite and zapped his wings into thin air; Aphrodite fell to the floor, rubbing his butt. Camus then waved his wand and suddenly Aphrodite was wearing a red peasant’s tunic with a little hat.

Milo burst out laughing and said, “Aphrodite…is a peasant!!!!” Aphrodite shot Milo a glare made of pure fire. He looked up and saw a very amused Camus. Aphrodite got up and used his wand to catch Camus. Camus dodged every blast Aphrodite shot at him.

Milo said, “Aphrodite, if we don’t have magic…just how are we going to protect Shaka…it’s the only way we know…and…” Aphrodite cut Milo off and said, “Don’t worry so much Milo! We will figure it out…if humans can do all that human stuff…so can we!”

As soon as Aphrodite was done talking to Milo, he noticed that Camus was off-guard, he shot a blast from his wand, poof, there went Camus’s wings. Camus fell to the floor, he grunted.

Aphrodite shot another blast from his wand, causing Camus’s clothes to change into a green peasant’s tunic with a cute little hat. Milo and Aphrodite laughed at the sight and Camus got up and shot the other two an icy glare. After the three were done figuring out the rest of the logistics, they got out of the trinket that they were hiding in and Aphrodite returned them to their normal size.

Milo said, “Aphrodite, aren’t you forgetting something.” Milo went over to the surprised Aphrodite and pointed to the wands.

Aphrodite giggled, “OH! That’s right! Got to get rid of these!!” With a wave of his wand, the wands disappeared into hammer-space.

The three fairies went to the throne room to tell the king and queen of their plan.


Once in the throne room, Aphrodite, Camus, and Milo sought out an audience with the king and queen. As soon as they approached the king and queen who looked very sad, Aphrodite said, “Your majesties, I have a plan. I believe that it would be wise if you allowed us the opportunity to take care of Shaka in the forest for the next sixteen years to ensure his safety.”

The Queen opened her mouth to protest, but then King Dohko intercepted, “Well I think that could be a wonderful idea. If you do that, then Shaka will surely survive!” He looked over to his glaring wife and added, “but we will miss him dearly considering we wouldn’t be able to visit without risking the twins following us.” The Queen again was about to open her mouth as King Shion (who was still there because he wanted to comfort King Dohko) said, “I agree with King Dohko, it is the wisest course of action. If you take Shaka then he and Mu can get married as soon as he returns.”

The Queen, who did not like the idea of her baby boy being taken away, let alone to return and be wed to her husband’s boyfriend’s son as soon as he returned again was opening her mouth to protest, just to be interrupted by Shaka squealing as Camus tickled his tummy.

Finally Queen Athena spoke up, “But he is MY baby, how dare you consider taking him away from me the best course of action! I am already bored with my husband, Shaka is all I have left!” King Dohko sweatdropped and said, “Oh, I am boring huh?”

“I don’t find you boring at all,” said King Shion as he snaked his arm around Dohko’s waist. Dohko smiled and Queen Athena sighed. “Look, Shaka can’t grow up without women around!” Athena added.

Aphrodite swished his hair and said, “Don’t worry, he is going to marry Prince Mu anyway. And since the three of us like guys, it is the perfect experience for Prince Shaka to learn. . .um. . .certain things that he will need to know about for a happy gay marriage.”

Queen Athena fumed with anger. She thought to herself, I can’t believe this!! They are going to take my baby away!! My baby Shaka!! Queen Athena eyes were starting to water. The thought of being alone consumed her soul, she wanted her baby near, not in some forgotten forest, by three fairies no less!

Milo saw that the Queen was having much difficulty with the separation from her son. Milo walked over to Queen Athena, rested his hands on her shoulders and said softly, “Queen Athena, I understand that this is difficult. I can see that you truly love your son, and we want your son to live a long and prosperous life. Don’t you want that?”

Queen Athena looked straight into Milo’s blue orbs. She saw true concern in his eyes, and she could not protest. She knew in her heart that the fairies suggestion is the best course of action, but she could feel a part of herself dying as she admitted this to herself. She finally said to Milo, “I…I understand now. Please, take anything in my baby’s room…my…maid will help you. Now go…before I change my mind.” She looked into Milo’s eyes and gave him a sweet smile.

Milo smiled back towards Queen Athena and announced to the others, “Queen Athena has agreed with our request and her majesty even offered to have us enter prince Shaka quarters to take anything that we can carry.”

Aphrodite, Camus, Douko, and Shion were shocked to hear that Queen Athena had agreed to let the fairies take care of Shaka. They all looked at Milo in awe. Queen Athena stood up from her throne and called for her maid…Tatsumi. Tatsumi entered the room, bowed and said, “Yes your majesty.” Queen Athena said, “Please escort the fairies to Shaka’s room and prepare a few bags for them to take.”

Tatsumi got up quickly and said to the Queen, “Yes your majesty!” He went over to the fairies, bowed and said, “Please follow me.”

The fairies left the throne room and followed Tatsumi up the stairs, down a long hallway and into the prince’s quarters. Tatsumi said, “Please take what you need. I will prepare some bags for you to take with you on your journey.”

Milo smiled towards the maid, Tatsumi, and said, “Thank you very much!” Tatsumi blushed slightly, bowed and left to continue the Queen’s orders.

Aphrodite, Camus and Milo looked around the room and were quite amazed at all the little things that the prince had. There were toys galore. Milo went straight to the toys and started picking the ones that he would like to take.

Aphrodite looked in the cabinets to find diapers, bottles, clothing, blankets etc. Camus was content holding baby Shaka in his arms; he rocked the baby back and forth in hopes that he would fall asleep soon.

Tatsumi entered the room with a couple of bags. Milo and Aphrodite handed Tatsumi items that they picked out and Tatsumi would place the items in the bags in an orderly fashion. When they were finished, Milo and Aphrodite carried the bags and headed downstairs for the King and Queen to say their goodbyes to their son.

Again, the fairies entered the throne room. Queen Athena ran towards Camus. Camus gently handed the baby to Queen Athena; she held the baby close and whispered a few words to her son. King Douko went over to Queen Athena and held his son’s hand and whispered a few words to him as well. When both the King and Queen were done with their goodbyes, Queen Athena, who was now in tears, handed her son to Camus and said, “Please take care…all of you!”

The three fairies gave their majesties bows before they left, but, before Milo was able to leave, King Douko grabbed his arm and gave him a bag filled with gold. King Douko said quietly, “Please take this…its money, I believe that you will need it.”

Milo nodded and put the bag of money into one of the bags that he was carrying. The three fairies headed towards the back enterance of the castle, but before they could leave Tatsumi said, “Please wear these.” Tatsumi gave the three fairies three black cloaks.

Aphrodite, Camus and Milo quickly put the cloaks on and Milo said, “Thanks so much Tatsumi!” Tatsumi once again blushed, he handed the fairies the bags and baby Shaka.

Before the fairies left, Tatsumi said, “Please take care…May the gods protect you!” With that being said, the three fairies headed straight to the dark forest.


TBC

On to Chapter 2
Back to Saint Seiya Fanfiction
Back to Anime Section
Back to Main Index

Email: yami_kiwi@yahoo.com