~~Sleeping Beauty~~


Sleeping Beauty Chapter 5


In a land close by, lies a mountain surrounded in darkness. On the top of this mountain is where a tall pointy castle resides. Dark clouds surrounded this area of the land, and an eerie toxic green fog surrounded the entrance of the castle. Kanon and Saga entered the throne room waiting for their minions to arrive.

Aldebaran entered the throne room with his subordinates. He bowed and said in a low husky voice, “Master Kanon, Master Saga; please excuse our rudeness by interrupting your daily tasks, but I am here to state Sub Commander Argor’s report.”

Kanon and Saga took their seats at the head of the throne room. Kanon raised an eyebrow and said, “Where is Sub Commander Argor?”

Aldebaran did not look up to meet Kanon’s harsh gaze, instead he continued to stare at the floor as he answered, “I apologize in his behalf, he is unable to attend due to a snakebite he received earlier today.”

Saga rose from his seat and told the other minions, “Go fetch Argor…NOW!! If he is able to breathe, he is able to attend this meeting.”

The minions scrambled to their feet to retrieve the fallen blondie.

As soon as Aldebaran returned to the throne room with Argor, Kanon yelled, “It has been sixteen years! How the hell could you spend sixteen years searching for Prince Shaka and not even have a clue as to his whereabouts.” Argor shuddered from the anger that was emanating from the twin witches. Saga asked in a serious tone, “So what were your methods for finding him?”

Aldebaran replied, “We have been searching mountains, streams, forests, cities, towns, and kingdoms far and wide.”

Argor kneeled and added, “We have also been looking in all of the nursery schools and cradles.”

Kanon and Saga looked at each other with awestruck faces. “Oh, so you have been looking at schools and cradles for a little baby for the last sixteen years,” Saga said with disbelief on his face.

Argor nodded and lowered his head from the pain from his snakebite, which he got when he was searching a swamp for little Prince Shaka.

Aldebaran became nervous at the maniacal laughter escaping Kanon’s lips. Kanon yelled, “You idiots! Prince Shaka is sixteen years old now. . .meaning that each year he gets older, therefore bigger. It is called common sense. Now that I know this I also realize that you are all to stupid to be sent on this mission. We must find him today!”

Saga nodded and said kindly, “Shura, our wonderful and loyal pet, we know that you will be able to find Prince Shaka. Just look for a young man at the age of sixteen, with hair as gold as sunshine, eyes as blue as the sky, and a little dot on his forehead.” Saga pet Shura on his head and Kanon smiled at their little crow. Shura flew out of the window and headed towards a green forest.

“Now for you, you are both the commanders and we expect ultimate defense from you. Since you are both worthless in searching for people, perhaps you can make yourselves useful by making sure that we have heavy security,” Kanon stated. He thought to himself, Knowing those fairies, they will want to attack us if anything happens to their precious little Shaka. We’ll be ready for them. Kanon smirked and Saga knew what his twin was thinking. They had not been close to each other for very long, but Kanon and Saga repaired their relationship sixteen years ago after they met due to neither one being invited to Shaka’s birth announcement.

Saga closed his eyes as he reminisced the past sixteen years. In part, he was thankful that he was not invited because otherwise if he were he wouldn’t have even gone, thus missing the opportunity to ever see his beloved twin. Besides both he and Kanon loved the power trip of two entire kingdoms fearing their capabilities. Saga thought, These last sixteen years have almost been blissful being with Kanon. . .and with our prophecy fulfilled we can both relax and enjoy the victory.

Kanon smiled at Saga and grabbed his brother’s arm to drag him off to their bedroom.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the woodcutter’s cottage, the fairy men were making little Virgo some special surprises, but it seems that things might not be going so well.

Milo was checking his cake that was in the oven and noticed that the batter was scattering all over the place. Milo frowned, “Shit!!” Milo put on some oven mittens, opened the oven and pulled out two trays of cake that were now destroyed. Milo sank to the floor and hit the floor with his fist. “Dammit! It’s ruined!” Milo exclaimed angrily.

Aphrodite nearly jumped when he heard Milo curse and hit the floor.

“Ouch…Aphrodite…be careful where you point that thing!” exclaimed a frustrated Camus.

Aphrodite looked over at Camus who was wearing his cloth creation, “I’m sorry darling. I did not mean to poke you with the needle.”

Camus gave Aphrodite a glare that could melt the Himalaya Mountains. Camus was ready to kill someone, he could not believe that he was wearing the most ridiculous outfit; he swore he looked like a clown on drugs.

Camus got up irritated with the whole situation. “Aphrodite, I don’t think this is going to work. We have been at this for the past hour or two. And…this outfit…it’s hideous!”

Camus eyes were full of rage, he could not stand sitting and standing around while the happy peppy Aphrodite made the hideous outfit any longer.

Milo got up from the floor and saw Camus. Milo’s shoulders were shaking violently; he could not contain his laugh any longer.

Aphrodite’s eyes were filled with emotion. He said with feigned sadness, “D…Darling…I’m trying my best…and…maybe it only looks bad because it is on you. Once Virgo wears it, he will be the talk of the kingdom.”

“Yeah, they’ll talk, because he looks so stupid; they will do a whole news spread on his ridiculous fashion sense. The headline: Is this what happens with a lifetime of no human contact? Or perhaps ~Fairyland: the Final Frontier~,” Milo replied while stifling a laugh.

Camus nodded in response and glared towards his fashion stylist, “Look Aphrodite, I know you mean well, but this outfit is. . .well it looks like shit.” Aphrodite looked at Camus in disbelief and stated, “You just said ‘shit’. I never heard you say such words.”

Camus replied, “Yes, I just said shit, because that is what the outfit looks like.” Aphrodite began to lighten up to his usual self, “Well if both of you don’t like this outfit, then we need to create something beautiful, like me!”

Camus and Milo looked at each other as hearts formed in Aphrodite’s eyes. Aphrodite grinned and said, “I am the most beautiful fairy to ever exist, and I want to make sure that Prince Shaka, our Virgo, stays the most beautiful prince to ever exist. Therefore, I request that we take out the wands.”

Camus frowned, “‘No magic’ was your idea in the first place, Aphrodite. Anyway, today is his sixteenth birthday, and he is returning home tonight. . .so perhaps it will be okay as long as we make sure that the doors and windows are closed.”

Milo grabbed the wands before Camus finished his sentence and distributed them amongst themselves. Milo went back to the cake and created layers of crisp meringue, dark chocolate ganache, white chocolate mousse, and warm raspberry reduction on top. The magical sparkles emanated from his wand and Milo began to dance around as he assembled his cake. Milo began to smirk as he thought Hehehe! Chocolate is a great aphrodisiac, perfect for when he meets Prince Mu.

Camus decided that since they were going to be moving out, that he should pack most of their belongings into the fairy realm. After he sent things home, he decided he would make Virgo something useful for his birthday. He began to use his wand to make him a little dagger to keep him protected. He encrusted the handle with beautiful jewels and gold as he sharpened the blade.

Aphrodite got right to work once the wand was in his hand. He wanted to make Virgo the most luxurious tunic, robe, cape, pants, shoes, the works, in order to make him feel beautiful and sexy when meeting his betrothed. He grabbed soft velvet and velour materials in rich shades of pink, mauve, magenta, and red. He began to assemble it with matching piping when Milo noticed the color scheme for their Virgo.

“What the hell? Do you want him to look like a bloated cherry or something? You should make it blue, it will extenuate his pretty blue eyes,” Milo stated. With that he used his wand to send a spray of blue magic sparkles to Virgo’s outfit to be and created shades of aqua, cerulean blue, and royal blue.

Aphrodite was dancing to his own tune, but as soon as the color of the threads changed, Aphrodite screeched, “WHAT!?!?” Aphrodite shot a glare at Milo and said, “What are you trying to do??”

Milo glared at Aphrodite and said, “I am just protecting our little boy.”

Aphrodite said, “Humph!” and went back to working on the outfit. When Milo turned around to work on his magnificent cake, Aphrodite changed the color of the outfit back to pinks and reds. Aphrodite’s eyes sparkled with hearts and stars as he got his way.

Camus sighed heavily as he saw the two argue about the outfit. Camus thought, I hope those two won’t go at it again…I would really hate to see someone get hurt on this special occasion. Camus continued to work on his special gift for Virgo.

Milo sighed in defeat, but the moment Aphrodite was busy, he changed the color back to blue.

Aphrodite glared at Milo and immediately tried to turn the tunic pink again, only to end up turning Camus’s hair pink. Camus did not notice the hair color change and continued to work on his present for Shaka.

Camus noticed two pair of eyes staring at him, he looked up and said, “What’s wrong? Are you guys done arguing?”

Both Milo and Aphrodite looked shocked and at the same time were holding in the laugh of a lifetime. They feared Camus, especially when he had his wand, but seeing him with bright pink hair was something that they could not hold in.

Aphrodite was the first to start laughing, and Milo followed suit, unable to keep a straight face. Camus gave them a stern, yet confused look and looked down at the blade he was sharpening. He saw his now-pink hair in the reflection and immediately shot a look up at the other two laughing fairies.

Camus shot a death-glare at the two and immediately changed their hair colors to bright pink as well and then changed the outfit to black. He fixed his own hair and was amused at seeing Aphrodite and Milo with pink hair. Since it was Shaka’s birthday, he felt more light-hearted than usual and decided to have fun with his friends, instead of being the one to hold them back from the little things that amused them.

Milo began to smirk as he looked at Aphrodite with his bright pink hair. Milo stated, “You know, Aphrodite, that color suits you well…in fact…that should be your permanent hair color.” With that said, Milo started cackling and Camus laughed lightly.

Aphrodite pouted and said, “WHAT?!?! I love pink…but I don’t want pink hair…besides it would look FABULOUS on little Shaka!!!” Aphrodite quickly changed the outfit that he was working on to several shades of pink; little hearts and starts encircled the pink fairy.

While Aphrodite was working hard, Milo snuck in a bolt of magic that switched the outfit to shades of blue. Milo thought, Sorry Aphrodite…I still think that blue is the best color for Shaka…not that corny color pink.

Just then Shura the crow noticed shades of pink and blue glowing from a house in the middle of the forest. He decided to investigate and watched as the fairies attacked each other with their favorite colors. Camus decided to join in on the fun and began to change everything green, since he knew that Virgo liked the color.

Shura watched intently as the fairies made each other’s hair and clothing speckles and rainbows of colors. Just then they all heard some chanting and realized that Virgo was returning from his bout in the forest.

“Holy Shit! We gotta fix this place up before he gets back!” Milo yelled as he made himself look normal. He continued to zap the other fairies and furniture until it was nearly impossible to tell that they had made such a mess.

Camus fixed up the room and made sure to put lots of candles on the cake. He then carefully wrapped up the knife he made for Shaka. Aphrodite created a large drawstring bag with his wand, filled with handcuffs, chains, condoms, lubricant, and a wide variety of toys for his first evening with Prince Mu. He figured that since that night would be their little Virgo’s first sexual experience, they should give him all of the accessories that he could enjoy.

Virgo entered the room and Shura watched the blonde enter the house. Shura knew from Kanon and Saga’s description that this pretty boy had to be Prince Shaka.

Virgo stepped into the dark room with his animal friends holding his berry basket. The flickering of the candles was the only movement inside the cottage, and Virgo had a feeling that his family was going to celebrate his birthday. He figured that they kicked him out of the house earlier just to prepare for his special day, since every year they made him pick berries on his birthday, and he would return to find sweet surprises.

Virgo smiled as he opened his eyes to look around the room expecting to see a berry tart or something to that effect. Just then Aphrodite used his wand to turn on all the lights and they yelled, “SURPRISE!!!!! Happy Birthday!”

Virgo’s animal friends looked sheepishly at Aphrodite causing him to look back at them with a ‘why do you all seem so guilty’ look. The animals also chimed in to say congratulations and quickly ran off before Virgo could tell the fairies that he had met someone.

Virgo saw the beautiful cake that Milo created and Milo smiled, “Yup! I made that special dessert for you!”

Virgo had tears in his eyes from the beautiful cake and outfit before him. He opened the small package from Camus and looked at the knife in awe.

“Thank you so much for these gifts! I can’t believe you would do all this for me! This is the most amazing outfit I have ever seen! I can’t believe you would make me an outfit of this luxury. . .and this knife, it looks like pure gold and real gems,” Virgo said in amazement.

Camus smiled at Virgo contentedly and said, “Well you are very special, and we wanted to give you things that we felt would be good for your future.”

Virgo looked at Camus quizzically as he went to grab the drawstring bag from Aphrodite. He opened it and immediately blushed, “Um. . .I. . .”

Aphrodite grinned and said, “Well I’ll let you in on a little secret. I know there is a special guy out there for you and that you are going to meet him tonight! So I decided that since you two would probably get it on, that you should have the necessary supplies.”

Virgo blushed deeply and said, “Huh? You know what? I mean, what gave you the idea that I would be meeting a special guy tonight?”

Milo smirked and replied, “Well you are sixteen years old and we realize that you are pretty much grown up and that you would. . .” before Milo could finish, Virgo interrupted him. “No, I mean, how did you know that I met the guy of my dreams today and that he would be coming over here tonight?”

Camus, Milo, and Aphrodite looked at Virgo as if he had just committed the most heinous act in history. Virgo looked at them completely confused, “Well, will any of you answer me?”

All three fairies looked down and each felt a sharp pain through their hearts. That night their Virgo was going to meet his future husband and the person he would spend the rest of his life with.

Camus was the first to speak, “Virgo, we have to discuss something with you and this is very difficult for us to say. . .You are betrothed to Prince Mu of King Shion’s kingdom. And you are to meet him tonight.”

Virgo’s eyes widened as he felt his heart sink, “What do you mean I am supposed to marry Prince Mu, I don’t even know him!? I don’t want to marry him! I’m in love with someone else. . .and he is in love with me too. I realize that we just met today, but my feelings are true and pure. I feel as though I have met my soul mate, a man who understands my heart, and a person who shares similar passions for life.”

Aphrodite cocked his eyebrow and said, “Hmm. . .you two had sex, didn’t you? Is that why you feel such a strong connection?”

Virgo looked into Aphrodite eyes and gave him a pleading look.

Milo sighed and said, “Look Virgo, I don’t know how to help you here. I mean you are really Prince Shaka, and you are engaged to Prince Mu. Your father wanted you two to marry since you were born. . .I wish I could do something about this, but could you just settle with this forest buddy of yours as a concubine or something?”

Camus lightly whacked Milo’s head and said, “Prince Shaka, I understand the predicament, but we as your guardians have a duty. If you would like to work it out with your father and mother, then please do. Go ahead and see if they change their minds about who you should marry. In any case, they will be overjoyed to see you that you shouldn’t worry about such matters.”

Shaka, still in shock that his name was not even Virgo, and in shock that his parents would give him up for no apparent reason, closed his eyes in sadness. He did not know what to do, he was hopelessly in love with his forest boy and wanted to be with him in nature, not in some stuffy castle.

He decided to ask more about his so-called guardians, “Well if you are not my biological family, then who are you. . . I mean I see all of you as my parents, and I love you dearly. . . you are the ones here with me and the ones who have helped me through many trials and tribulations. . .thus, I would rather have your approval of things over a set of parents who I know nothing about.”

Camus smiled at Shaka and responded, “Of course we love you and want you to be happy, but your parents have given us particular roles to fill. One of those roles was to raise you to understand the concept of responsibility. Sadly that responsibility increases greatly today and you are going to have to face it. I hope that you could be open to the idea of marriage to Prince Mu, or that your parents are willing to allow you to be with your forest friend, whose name I still have not heard you say. In any case, I believe that you should know more about us.”

With that Aphrodite took that as the cue to turn the three of them back into fairies. All three of them sparkled with glitter in their hair and gossamer wings glowing in the afternoon sun. They looked ethereal and Shaka wanted to soak in the radiant glow they emitted.

Seeing them in their true form also made the situation much more real to Shaka, and he became quite upset. He would not be able to see his beloved forest-lover that evening and he wanted to make sure to leave a note for him so he would understand the situation.

Shaka sighed and said to Camus, “In response to your question, I highly doubt my own ability for handling responsibility. . . I did not even ask my beloved his name. . .I feel so foolish for not doing so. . . All I remember is that his horse’s name is Aioria.”

Aphrodite chuckled, “Well at least you can leave the horse a note! Hahaha! Okay okay, but seriously just leave him a note that says that you have some things to sort out and that he needs to leave you his name and address or something. And why the hell did you have sex with a guy without even knowing his name?”

Milo smiled and added, “Anyway, what are we waiting for!? For all we know Shaka may become so enamored with Prince Mu that we won’t have to worry about it! Besides if he doesn’t have the guy’s name, then at least if he has an orgasm with Prince Mu, he’ll know what to say!” In a mimicking tone he chimed, “Oh! Mu! Harder! Harder! Faster! OOOOhhh!”

Shaka sent Milo a Camus-style death glare in response. He did not want his feelings for his lavender-haired angel to be discounted, and he was going to make sure that the king and queen, his parents, would understand that. “Gee with that kind of enthusiasm, why don’t you take Prince Mu, and I will have my green-eyed beauty.”

Milo sighed, “Well Vir. . .I mean Shaka, since you and this forest guy had sex in the forest, you gotta tell us how your first time was!”

Shaka turned red and went straight to Aphrodite. Aphrodite said to Shaka, “Maybe you want to talk one to one?”

Shaka smiled at Aphrodite, who always seemed to understand situations related to sex. Since Aphrodite taught him about sex four years prior to this occasion, he always went to him for questions and thoughts on the topic.

Camus smiled at Shaka’s behavior; though he was not pleased with Shaka’s actions of having sex with the first guy he meets in the forest, he was glad that he trusted Aphrodite enough to want to talk. He was also very glad that Shaka’s confidante was not Milo, who would probably end up spilling the details to the king and queen.

Shaka pulled Aphrodite to the other room and whispered, “It was amazing! I have never felt so complete in my life. I felt so much happiness and love in my heart, and I never knew I could feel this way. I realize that you all think this is a one time thing, but he is coming over tonight to meet you, so that must mean that he is serious too.”

Aphrodite smiled at the blonde, “I am really happy for you, and I know that you really want to see him tonight, but I am afraid that we will have to just leave the note and hope that he understands that there are some things you need to deal with first. Besides, if he loves you to the extent that you express, then he would not mind the wait. Think of it as a really complex game of ‘hard to get’.”

Shaka smiled at Aphrodite, the king of playing ‘hard to get,’ that made him feel a lot more comfortable and he began to calm down and enjoy his birthday cake.

After the long conversation with the fairies and a large amount of birthday cake, Shaka changed into the luxurious blue outfit and put the golden, bejeweled knife to the side. He brushed out his long golden hair and was ready to go. The three fairies looked at him and realized just how lucky Prince Mu would be if Shaka indeed wanted him.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shura the crow was already in complete understanding that the blonde Virgo was Prince Shaka, but he wanted more information. As soon as he heard that they were heading back to the palace soon and that Shaka’s forest friend would be coming to the cottage later that night, he headed back home to Saga and Kanon’s domain.

Saga and Kanon got dressed immediately upon Shura’s return and headed for the throne room. Kanon smiled at Shura after hearing the good news. He definitely wanted to find out more about Prince Shaka’s forest boy and decided that utilizing Aldebaran and Argor for the task of trapping him in the cottage would be a good course of action. As for Prince Shaka himself, Saga and Kanon decided to create a scenario that reminded them of their good friends Syd and Bud. One of them would be at the spinning wheel trying to seduce Shaka into touching the spindle, while the other would push him forward and force him to do so. Although their close friends Syd and Bud did not do things quite in that manner, they did appreciate the other set of twin’s ability to give sneak attacks.

Saga sighed because he knew that both he and Kanon could have easily found Prince Shaka and kill him, but they wanted their prophecy to be fulfilled in a dramatic way. He decided that there would be no point in just killing Prince Shaka, since he was not the one who sent out the baby party invitations anyway. But to hurt the king and queen, via their only child, was a wonderful idea, thus they had to make it as dramatic as possible so they would learn their lesson.

Saga had set a trap so when Prince Shaka arrived at the castle: Shura would distract the three fairies, causing the prince to be alone. Then Kanon would lure him to the spinning wheel and Saga would make sure that he touched the spindle.

Kanon smirked as he thought of Saga’s trap and wanted to celebrate early. He ordered his favorite musician, Sorrento, to play him a song that would help the morale of their minions. With that Saga and Kanon smiled deviously at the thought of what would happen later that evening.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prince Mu finally returned home to see his father. King Shion was busy preparing the feast for when Prince Shaka arrived to meet his son again for the first time in 15 and a half years.

Prince Mu went over to his father with a look of confidence on his face as he stated, “Father I must speak with you at once.”

King Shion loved his son and always took time to talk to him, and this was no exception. He stopped everything to go over to his son to see what he could do to help him.

Prince Mu looked up at his father with large, puppy eyes. King Shion knew that whatever was coming must be huge, considering the look in his son’s eyes.

The young, lavender-haired prince said, “I do not want to marry Prince Shaka, father. I understand why you did not want me to marry Deathmask because you said that he was going to leave to another country, and that he was not the one for me. But father, I met a boy, his name is Virgo, and I feel as though we are meant to be. I know it is wrong, but I want to bring him home father! I am to go over to him tonight to meet his family. . .”

King Shion could not believe his ears, he knew that his son did not like the idea of arranged marriage, but this was the day that they were to meet. King Shion sighed, “Well son, why can’t you meet Prince Shaka this evening and see where it takes you.”

Prince Mu looked down and said, “Father, I know how I feel about Virgo, and I don’t want to feel that way with anyone but him. . .Father, I think I am in love.”

King Shion’s mouth dropped as he said, “But son. . .you just met him today, how do you know it’s love. If that were the case, then maybe since you will meet Prince Shaka today, you will fall in love with him too.”

Mu shook his head because he knew that his father would not understand his feelings for Virgo. He knew the moment he heard Virgo chanting in the forest that he could not live without him near. Mu could not stand the idea of another controlling his destiny, and he decided that maybe his father really didn’t know that much about him after all.

Mu stated, “Well Aioria and I are going to that cottage whether you like it or not.”

King Shion gave his son a pleading look that usually worked, but this time Prince Mu remained firm. King Shion stated, “Well If you love this Virgo that much, then I know that I cannot stop you, but I hope you realize that there will be a very upset neighboring kingdom as well as a disappointed father.”

Prince Mu smiled since Shion implied that he could not be stopped.

Prince Mu kissed Shion on the cheek and took the reigns on Aioria and began to ride back to the forest.

King Shion sighed sadly and quickly headed over to King Dohko and Queen Athena’s home to tell them that his son may have ruined their plans for the future.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shaka spent a long time writing his forest-lover a good letter that would seem flirty enough to make sure that he knew that he was interested, and to apologize for his absence. He did not want to tell him that he would be meeting a possible fiancé that night, so he carefully avoided adding anything about his new identity.

Camus went over to Shaka and gave him a hug to assure him that he knew that they loved him and wanted the best for him. Shaka already knew this and did not want to displace his feelings of confusion toward his royal parents onto his fairy parents. Shaka smirked when he thought about his parents being fairies, I always thought that fairies only existed in stories, and I have been living with three of them for my entire life. . .funny how I never even suspected anything, but then again, if I grew up with them, and they are the only ones that I am exposed to, then it makes a lot of sense. I guess my beloved forest dweller is the first human I have ever met. . .

Aphrodite and Milo double-checked to make sure that everything was ready to go. Shaka put up his letter telling his new boyfriend that he would not be there that night, but if he wanted to he could take a rest at their cottage.

Camus, Aphrodite, Milo, and Shaka headed for the castle as the autumn breeze swirled through the air. Seiya, Ikki, Shun, Hyoga, and Shiryu watched their best friend, Virgo, leave with heavy hearts.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Shion arrived at King Dohko’s castle a few hours later looking troubled. He had spent a lot of time with King Dohko over the years, and he always wanted the best for him. This was going to be a difficult discussion for King Shion, considering that this was his and Dohko’s dream that was being crushed. He knew already that Queen Athena would be pleased to find out that her son would be returning home and not leaving to get married any time soon. In fact a long time before he realized that she wanted her son to marry a nice princess and live happily ever after. Shion chuckled at the thought of her son, Shaka and the little dot on his forehead. I guess dots will run in the family. . ., Shion mused. He realized that it could only be the case if his son indeed would take Prince Shaka’s hand in marriage. He could only hope that Prince Shaka turned out well enough to woo his son.

King Shion walked into the throne room and smiled at King Dohko. Queen Athena looked at her husband and then at Shion. She knew that they had feelings for each other, and that one reason why they wanted their sons to marry was to live out their secret wish through their children. By no means did the Queen approve, but she felt that it was a much better idea than just telling her husband to run off with the leader of the neighboring kingdom.

King Shion bowed and quickly ascended the staircase to the thrones. He gave King Dohko a long and sensuous hug that incorporated a few soft pinches of his butt. King Dohko smiled and said, “Hey Athena! King Shion and I are going to go catch up on things, so we’ll be outside.” Queen Athena sighed helplessly as she plopped herself down on her throne again and asked the nearest servant for a strong drink.

King Shion and King Douko went to the courtyard to enjoy the cool breeze and the beautiful scenery. King Douko was the first to break the silence, “How is your son? He must be excited of the upcoming events,” Douko said with a huge smile plastered on his face. King Shion felt his heart sink, but he knew that he would have to tell him the truth, “Mu is doing quite well, he has been riding out into the forest as of late. Douko…I am afraid that I have some concerning news in regards to my son and the upcoming events,” Shion looked up at the heavens as he said those words. Shion could not bear to look in to Douko’s puzzled eyes.

Douko looked directly at Shion and saw sadness, “I’m glad to hear that Mu is doing well.” Douko sat down on one the benches near by as he said with his eyes closed, “So tell me about the concerning news you have.” Shion closed his eyes gently as he thought of a way to break the news to Douko, “Douko…I wonder if what we are doing with our sons is an appropriate course of action. Remember when we were young Douko…arranged marriages was something that we fought against. What if…Shaka and Mu find themselves in the same knot we were in years ago. I…don’t want them to feel forced Douko. We may be committing the same mistake that has been passed down for centuries. Maybe…we should let them choose their own way.”

Douko listened to Shion’s concern and thought about his words. Douko opened his eyes to see Shion’s harsh lavender eyes, he saw something in Shion and it was regret. Douko sighed lightly and looked up at sky, “Shion, did Mu express his feelings of discontent about our decision? I wish we could let them choose their own way…however imagine the consequences if we let our children stray off the path of royalty. The people need to be assured happiness…if royalty cannot find happiness, then the people cannot find happiness. The people need something to look forward to…and our business becomes their business. The people want to see their heirs filled with bliss…to let Mu and Shaka choose their own way…will worry our followers…you know that we cannot have that. Shion, I do understand what Mu is feeling…but the consequences are too grave if you allow him to choose his partner. Gaining respect and honor from the people is difficult, Shion…you should know this better than anyone else.”

Shion sat down beside Douko and looked up at the sky, the stars were beginning to show their light. Douko placed his warm arm around Shion shoulders and said, “I have faith in Mu…I know that he will make a wise decision…he is young…allow him to make his mistakes. It is not often that we can allow ourselves the luxury of being human. After all, Mu does take after you,” Douko chuckled lightly. Shion turned his head and caught sight of Douko’s beautiful smile and contagious laugh. Shion could not help but laugh with Douko, “I apologize Douko, I did not mean to worry you.”

Douko and Shion sat together as they witnessed the sunset.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N—Wow it took a really long time to get this chapter out—Sorry!

On to Chapter 6 (not up yet)
Back to Chapter 4
Back to Saint Seiya Fics
Back to Anime Fanfiction

Email: yami_kiwi@yahoo.com