STEELE ‘O MY HEART: STEELEWORTHY

BY: Susan Deborah Smith

SUMMARY:

RATING:

DISCLAIMER: This "Remington Steele" story is not-for-profit and is purely for entertainment purposes. The author and this site do not own the characters and are in no way affiliated with "Remington Steele," the actors, their agents, the producers, MTM Productions, the NBC Television Network or any station or network carrying the show in syndication, or anyone in the industry.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Los Angeles Times

September 4, 1988

Section E: Real Estate

Hot Properties

Private detective Remington Steele has listed his Hancock Park condominium at just under a quarter of a million dollars. Steele, an internationally renowned criminologist, was married last year and is investigating larger properties on the Westside to accommodate his growing family.

The one-bedroom, one-bath, fifth-floor condominium in an elegant 1930s deco building on north Rossmore offers such amenities as a 24-hour doorman and concierge, and features a fireplace, formal dining room, large balcony, and a fully-equipped gourmet kitchen in about 1400 square feet.

Rory Posin has the listing at Fred Sands Real Estate in Beverly Hills.

* * *

Daily Variety

Tuesday, February 7, 1989

Births

Mr. and Mrs. Remington Steele, a girl, Laura Tracy Steele, January 24th, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles — Father is famed private detective and film buff, currently consulting on a project for Tri-Star. Mother is a non-pro.

* * *

Los Angeles Times

October 24, 1991

Section B: Metro

[photo]

Internationally known private detective Remington Steele (second from left) is flanked by his associate Mildred Krebs and another member of his staff as he received the key to the city from Mayor Tom Bradley, who proclaimed October 23rd Remington Steele Day in Los Angeles. Steele recently assisted the LAPD, LA County Sheriffs and the FBI in breaking up a slave-labor ring based in Lennox. Kenneth Hahn, far right, representing the LA County Board of Supervisors, was also on hand to congratulate Steele and his staff.

* * *

Waterford Today

May 15, 1993

Celebrity Visit

Mrs. Kathleen Riordan of New Cottage near Slieveford has been busy hosting a visit from her grandson, world-famous American detective Remington Steele. Remington was accompanied by his wife and his four-year-old daughter, Tracy. All the family enjoyed a week of sightseeing in our beautiful county.

* * *

Los Angeles Times

June 29, 1995

Section B: Metro

[photo]

A bomb scare emptied the Criminal Courts building yesterday, temporarily halting the O.J. Simpson murder trial and sending lawyers, judges, jurors, county workers and media personnel onto surrounding streets for more than two hours.

[photo]

Private investigator Remington Steele (right), who was delivering evidence to another courtroom, and attorney William Westfield survey the scene with an unidentified woman.

* * *

UCLA Daily Bruin

October 22, 1997

World Famous Detective to Speak on Campus

Renowned private detective and noted film buff Remington Steele is scheduled to address film and television students in History of the American Motion Picture (Film&TV 106A) on Monday. “Life imitates art, and vice versa,” says Steele, whose remarks are expected to revolve around his unique method of using his encyclopedic knowledge of the movies to solve real-life crimes. The course, a survey of American films both as a developing art form and as a medium of mass communication, is required for students with a concentration in critical studies.

Steele was also on campus last week as a guest lecturer in UCLA Extension’s “The Real World of the Private Detective”, a class designed to teach prose, television and screen writers basic principles and techniques of the art of detection. The popular course, offered six times over the last eight years, is taught by Steele’s wife, herself a private detective.