Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way profiting from this adventure. Jonny Quest and all associated characters belong to Hanna Barbara. I am merely a tool they use to have new adventures when they tire of reruns.

Category: Alt, Future, JJHR (very slight)....

Rating: Not for the faint of heart...haha...just kidding. G. maybe PG.

Archive: Suze can have it. Permission granted to anyone else who asks nicely. No groveling required. Trust me. It's not worth it.

Author's Note: Why do I feel like fanfic lately has had to be wrenched out of me with a monkey? Anyways....don't ask me for more, because.... haha....  I'm writing by the seat of my pants. Ummm....if you really want to read something of mine....yah. Suze's Archive. Where else? But...don't expect it to be like this (thank god! haha!)...because..it's been a while. Well, anyways. It's okay. It's not too bad.

Happy Reading. >:)

ACADEMY

by Kristen McClure (Chimmy)

Chapter 1: Crime and Punishment

Mother of God. How could his father have done this to him? It was one thing to have him in public school. It was another thing entirely to be sent off to….he frowned at the sign they passed while riding in the plush coach bus.

                                      Alexander de Musel Academy

"Turning impressionable boys into

stalwart young men for over

150 years."

Good God, the school was older than Moses. He frowned down at his navy blue school blazer. This wasn't his style. You know, he never would have even gotten into this mess if it wasn't for Jessie. And, of course, you didn't see her going off to some academy. No, she was snug at home, with his dog, probably reading his comics, and playing in Questworld. Oh yeah. That girl was in for it when he got back. He sighed.

"If I ever get back." He murmured softly to himself, watching the lush green fields in front of Musel. A few boys were playing soccer, all wearing matching school uniforms, most with the same carelessly athletic look as Jonny, with some variations in height, width, build. He brushed back his hair with a lazy flick of his wrist, newly cut for school. It was a little shorter than he was used to, but, truthfully, now that he was grown up (17, truly on the cusp of manhood, or so every 17 year old boy thinks), he preferred it shorter. As the bus rounded the corner to the impressively old front hall of Musel, Jonny mused about what got him into this situation in the first place.

"NO way, Jess. Uh uhn." Jonny shook his head vigorously as his female cohort climbed onto the balcony over looking the pool. Jessie smirked tauntingly, resting her slender hands on her slim hips. Having just turned 18, Jessie was still challenging her best friend, younger by a year (of course, an accident of birth which was devilishly lorded over him at every opportunity), who she viewed as extremely gullible. This particular challenge was who could do the better dive off the balcony into the pool. A particularly seductive bet considering they weren't supposed to be up here. Jessie stripped off her robe, left in her smooth, emerald green one-piece, the same color as her eyes, which were, at the moment, very amused at the slightly nervous look on Jonny's face.

"What's th' matter, Hot Shot? Afraid of heights?" Jonny's sapphire blue eyes steeled.

"No way!" Yeah, no way in hell he'd admit he was scared his dad would find them out here. Jessie grinned.

"Well then, good. Because, we're gonna stay a little longer up here." Jonny looked confused.

"Huh?" Jessie grinned and slipped her robe back on, advancing on Jonny. The nerves flickered in his eyes again and he looked around anxiously. "Jessie…what are you doi--" His protests were muffled by her soft lips on his. His body stiffened with shock as she pressed closer, running her hands through his hair. Oh my god…Jessie…is kissing me. A hundred thoughts went through his head at once, suddenly dwarfed by a voice, sharp and smug, in his head. So, whatcha gonna do about it? I never thought I'd see the day Jonathan Quest would be scared by a GIRL. Jonny's eyes light up as these words sunk in. His body relaxed and he started to respond to the kiss, pressing his lips back softly against hers, his lean body pressing back against her softly even though she had him trapped between her slim curves and the railing.

"Oh, Jonny…" Her eyes closed as her lips curved softly. Just as Jonny was about to wrap his arms around her and pull the kiss deeper, a shrill scream, castrati reminiscent, emanated from the doorway to the balcony. Jonny briefly wondered how that sound could come from the male form as he saw Roger Bannon, father to Jessica Bannon, one of his two best friends, confident…girl he'd just been kissing…He didn't quite dodge quick enough as Race picked him up and carried him like a sack of potatoes down the hall, ranting and raving about how it wasn't proper. How they were too young. That he just didn't want Jonny kissing his damn daughter. Jonny sighed and mused that it probably wasn't an option to mention that Jessie had initiated it. Jessie walked down the hall after them, smirking at him. Jonny stuck out his tongue at her good naturedly and she winked.

Needless to say, Jonny had gotten the talking to of his life, and it had been decided that, to deter any further behavior of this nature, Jonny was to attend boarding school for his senior year of high school. Pulling up in front of Musel Hall, he debated whether it was worth it or not. The jury was still out, he supposed. It was…one hell of a kiss. The ivy covered brick of Musel was so stereotypical Jonny couldn't help but roll his eyes. As the bus came to a stop, he grabbed his duffel bag from the seat next to him, and joined the line of boys getting off the bus. After descending the stairs off the bus, he grabbed his suitcase out from under the bus, grateful for the wheels on the bottom. He could see some of the other boys struggling with over packed suitcases without rollers and mentally thanked his dad for his foresight, even while he mentally cursed him as well. What was dad thinking? I don't know anyone here..they've all been here for 4 years now. I'm the odd man out. He thinned his lips determinedly. Well, I'm stuck here. Might as well make the best of it. Ascending the stairs to the front hall, he looked up at the old, sturdy brick structure. A clock chimed with the hour, the sound of metal hitting metal ringing 10 times. He had two hours before lunch, and a whole campus to explore. He sighed and trudged up the steps.

"Well, this is it, buddy. No friends, no dog, no girls, and no Questworld. Welcome home."

********
 
 

Copyright 2002 - KDM