Darkness is the Light

Chapter 4

A terrified scream escaped from Masterian’s lips as he was thrown against a wall, brutally. He looked up at the monster as it threw beams of light at him, pinning him to the wall.

“She’s late,” the monster growled.

“She’ll be here!!” Masterian all but yelled, receiving a snarl from it and winced, expecting the onslaught to come.

“Hold it!!” they heard a voice coming from the door. They turned to see Lorena standing in the doorway, holding it open with one hand.

“Lorena!” Masterian’s expression lifted at the sight of his sister.

“Where is the painting of the North?” he bellowed. She lifted her hand swiftly, holding an orb, glowing with a white light. As he peered in, he saw the image of the painting inside of it.

“Give it to me,” he demanded.

“First my brother,” she narrowed her eyes at him.

“The painting,” he growled, taking a step forward to strike her.

“Stop!” a voice echoed off the walls, originating from the window above. They all turned to see Damion standing there.

“Who the hell-“ Lorena questioned, but just as the monster looked up at Damion, she ran towards Masterian and blasted the beams of light off, setting him free. “Let’s go!!” She ran towards the open door as the monster was shutting it, telekinetically. She dived out just as it shut, unfortunately Masterian hadn’t gotten out. Not wanting to repeat the same thing again, or go through the guilt and pain, Lorena spun around and pulled her fist back. She slammed her fist into the glass door and shattered it. She reached in to help Masterian out, but the monster suddenly appeared behind him and let out an angered roar. Lorena, frozen in fear, stared at the monster, but quickly witnessed as it was thrown back by a red blast. She snapped her head to the side to see that it had come from Pyralis. She nodded to her, and she quickly pulled her brother out and stood next to Damion. The four of them stood in a solid line, and disappeared in a black portal.

“Good to have you back, brother.”