Final Fate Forever

Chapter 10: Blood Thirst

Venas groaned as she slowly awoke realizing she couldn't move. She snapped her eyes open, but quickly regretted it as the sun blinded her for a moment. As soon as her eyes had adjusted, she glanced at her hands and feet to see that they were tied to a stone bed in which she was laid.

"What in the hell is going on?" she growled as she struggled to get loose. For some reason the sun felt uncomfortable on her skin.

"You're strong," a male voice said. Seifer walked in the shadows as he looked at her. "Maybe it's your new sorceress powers that are keeping the venom down," he guessed.

"What are you talki-," Venas started, but quickly stopped as the previous nights events dawned on her. "Bastard, I'll kill you for this…" she hissed. She knew that it wasn't his fault and that he hadn't done it intentionally. The thought of him fighting it crept on her, but it was his fault that they were away from civilization where no one could help either of them.

"If you survive the sun," he glanced to the light.

"Seifer, untie me," she demanded as the sunlight became more and more difficult to withstand.

"Nah, I don't think so," he walked out chuckling evilly.

"Dammit, Seifer!" she shouted, struggling to get out of the ropes.

~*~

Seifer sat at the desk in the old house he had moved them from. He had thought the cave was too cramped. Occasionally he'd hear a sudden cry of pain from the other room where Venas was located.

The sun was burning her severely, but he felt confident that she would eventually realize her renowned strength and be able to break free of the restraints. However, this would happen much faster than he'd expected. His assumption about her sorceress powers was correct and they were growing.

He suddenly felt a presence behind himself and turned around to see a scene that shocked him slightly. Venas was standing in the doorway, the ropes still around her wrists and ankles, but broken off at the ends. He figured she'd used her powers sometimes as her clothes had changed. She was now wearing an old English peasant dress. He looked closely to see that the skin, underneath the knots of the rope, was red.

"I see you finally made it out," he snickered.

"You doubted me?" she raised an eyebrow.

"No, but I was starting to wonder when you would eventually get out," he smirked. Venas rolled her eyes and ripped the remains of the ropes of her.

"I'm going to go look for my room," she said and turned to leave, but stopped for a moment, "oh and Seifer?"

"What?"

"If you ever try to kill me just to test my power and strength, you'd better hope someone stakes you before I get to you," she hissed and disappeared down the hallway. Seifer frowned at her back when he heard her voice echoing off the walls, "hey, this one's locked!" followed by a crash.

Venas kicked the shards of wood that were nailed across the door, out of the way as she walked in to see the room. It was decorated elegantly with a large king size bed and a fireplace on the far right of the room. She used her powers to light the fire and dissipate the cobwebs all over the room.

"Not bad…" Seifer stepped into the room, "you'd better get used to it, you'll be in here all day."

"Well, if I'm going to be stuck with you all day until the sun goes down, then you'd better start talking," she said in a menacingly low voice.

"What do you mean?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Why'd you come on to me, Seifer," she pushed him towards her bed. "Haven't had a date in a while, so you thought you'd catch the next thing with a pair of legs under a skirt? Why all of a sudden did you make up a lie that you love me?"

"First of all, it wasn't a lie," he grasped her wrist, "I do love you. And second it wasn't all of a sudden, it started at the boot camp," he purred into her ear.

"Liar," she hissed.

"Would I lie to you?"

"I'm hungry..." she changed the subject, "rather... thirsty," she said evilly and smirked.