Chapter 2: Checks


A dark figure emptied a motorcycle into the river below the harbor; smirking, she dusted off her hands.

"Dispose of all evidence... check." she crossed her arms, before hearing someone yell out her location, "flee from authorities..." she started to run out of the harbor, "check."

They followed her out of the city and into the flatlands. "Fire! Mark bearing 0/0/1 and don't let her get into the forest!" she faintly heard one of them yell, causing her to speed up and actually run into the forest, jumping into the trees.

"Stupid fool, never yell out your objectives within earshot of your opponent." she chuckled, disappearing into the branches.

Stealth mode, it'll scare them half to death, before they actually get there that is. She thought and proceeded to do so.

The guards were grouped together, being as quiet as possible, to hear where their adversary was. A branch with many leaves rustled, causing them to turn towards it and start firing their guns. Just then, the rustling was heard from behind them, and they fired, then the rustling moved to their right, then their left and soon it was all around them.

"How the hell is she doing that!?" yelled one guard.

"She's everywhere!!" panicked another, and suddenly, silence. Absolute silence, no one moved, no one breathed... *thump*

The guards turned to see three of their troop on the ground, all with snapped necks. They started to panic and shake, their weapons clattering against each other. Their eyes were darting around before... *thwap* a knife came flying from the trees, stabbing the head officer in the eye. The other guards started shooting at the origin of the knife, only to be injected with poisonous darts from behind.

The remaining guard turned to see her. The girl looked about 17, her black golden hair was pulled back in a messy bun. She wearing a white tank top with a red over coat cover up on top of it; it was obvious that she had torn the bottom of it, and was now a several inches above her knees. She had also torn her entire right sleeve off, she had on blue shorts that were frayed at the ends and her black boots.

She had a silver gauntlet on her right forearm, and she wore black biker gloves. Her yellow-honey eyes gleaming with anger.

"It's you!! You're--" he started, but was stopped as she launched an arrow from her crossbow, killing him.

She heard clamor from her right and spotted more guards.

"Reinforcements," she hissed and ran over to the head officer, crouching down and retrieving her knife before taking off out of the forest and re-entering the flatlands.
"Kill off half the authoritive guards.. check." she said when she spotted an obstacle... a 20-foot gap with a 70-foot drop to the rocks below.

"This could be a problem."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Squall still hadn't managed to get back to Balamb, instead, he was still in the flatlands.

"I swear when I find Seifer, I'm going to kill him... " he muttered.

Suddenly, ahead of him, he heard what sounded like an attack. He saw a girl emerge from the forest and skid to a halt, barely managing to keep from falling off the cliff. behind her, were about 30 guards, pursuing her. She backed up a bit, and then ran towards the cliff before the guards could grab her.

"Dangerously cheat death..." she jumped off the edge of the cliff, her foot just hit the edge of the other side, she started to plummet, but caught the edge of it and pulled herself back up, " check!" she finished.

Squall could only stare, she jumped it! I can't believe she made it! he thought.
The girl dusted off her hands and started walking, but just as she got back to level ground, three convertible hummers blazed through the bushes and towards her. She produced a look of panic and started running in the opposite direction.

"No more running," she shook her head and made a full 180 before running straight for the hummers. Inches away from being hit, she jumped on the hood of the closest on to her and thrusted herself into the backseat. she snapped the drivers neck and kicked the officer in the passenger's seat out of the moving vehicle. She pushed the now dead driver out and drove away, picking up a rifle for protection. She made a sharp turn to her left and floored the accelerator. The other hummers followed in hot pursuit.

"Shit, come one... where is it?" she moved her hand around underneath her seat until it fell upon a case. She pulled it out and sat it on her lap as she tried to open it and drive at the same time.

"Yes.. " she snapped the case open and pulled out its contents... a flare gun. She rested her forearms on the steering wheel and drove while she loaded the flare gun. Once she snapped the flare in place, she slammed on the brakes and swirved the car so that it was sideways. She pointed the gun towards one of the hummers and fired. She didn't stay to watch, instead, she threw the flare gun behind her, into the backseat and held onto the rifle. She drove at top speed as the flare broke through the air and hit its target... the gas tank. The hummer exploded.

"Oh, pretty fireworks," she chuckled, "burst military vehicles into flames..." she stood up and pointed the rifle behind her and fired. She managed to shot two of the four passengers before running out of bullets. She pulled out a .33 millimeter from a strap around her thigh and abruptly turned the hummer completely around and put it in reverse.

Much better. she thought and fired once, knocking the gun out of the officer's hand. She jumped up, out of the hummer after dropping a grenade into it, and onto the others' hood. She landed on one knee and hand, and she smirked then clocked the gun. She quickly pressed the gun to the hood and fired into the engine. She kicked off the windshield and off the hummer before it exploded. She hid behind a large rock to be protected from the blast as it exploded.

"Check."