Final Fate Forever

Chapter 8: Carnival

“Rinoa, wait up!” Venas caught up to her. “I want to ask you something.”

“Hn?” she looked at her quizzically, not really sure of what she was going to ask her.

“Okay, so you said that you knew that I had some of your sorceress powers, but I still don’t get how you did,” she looked at her confused.

“Hold out your hand,” she ordered. Venas looked at her puzzled, but did so anyway.

“What’s the point of this?” she asked.

“Jeez, your so impatient,” Rinoa rolled her eyes then pointed into her palm, “see that?”

“Yeah, it’s a bandaid, so what?” she looked up at her twin. “Ow!” she cried as Rinoa ripped it off. “What’d you do that for?!”

“You didn’t have this bandaid on when we shook hands, your cut was open,” she said, “now look.” She pointed to her own hand, which held its own cut, now healed.

“Are you telling me our blood mixed when we shook hands?” Venas asked.

“Yup,” she nodded her head, “I’m guessing that’s how you have my powers now.”

“I still don’t get it,” she raised an eyebrow.

“Neh,” she shrugged, “don’t worry so much about it, and just be happy that you have cool powers, but be careful with them, I rarely use them.”

“You know, this twin thing is sounding better and better all the time,” she laughed.

“Hey, I’m going to a carnival tonight with Squall, you want to come?” she invited her.

“Well, I don’t want to be a third wheel,” she explained.

“So bring someone,” she said before gasping, “Seifer!”

“What? Seifer, at a carnival? Yeah right!” she laughed, “well unless I make a bet with him, or call him a wuss.”

“So it’s settled, we’ll all go together.”

“Great, now I just have to ditch Dalena…”

~*~

“I still don’t get why the hell I’m here,” Seifer scowled.

“What? Still scared of the roller coasters?” Venas snickered. Seifer growled low in his throat and narrowed his eyes at her.

“I ain’t scared of anything,” he stated.

“Except Squall maybe,” she muttered.

“That’s it, bitch, you and me on the biggest roller coaster here,” he grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the fastest ride in the carnival.

“Well, looks like they’re having fun,” Rinoa chuckled.

“You’re such a fuck off, Seifer,” Venas giggled as a worker tightened her seatbelt. “Hey, you’re kind of cute,” she winked at him causing him to blush.

“Back off, twerp,” Seifer shot him a death glare causing him to walk away taken aback.

“Jealous are we?” she chuckled as they started to climb the elevated drop.

“You’re out of your goddamn mind,” he narrowed his eyes at her. She only smirked and raised her hands into the air as they reached the peak, challenging him. Seifer did the same and glared at her as they started to plummet. Venas lightly shut her eyes and felt as the wind whipped past her; she smiled and opened her eyes slowly.

“Whoo hoo!” she laughed as they spun into loops. Their car came to a stand still as they waited for the belts to unlock. As soon as they heard the click they shoved the belts off and hopped out.

“Dizzy?” Seifer asked.

“Not in the least bit, nauseas?” she asked him as he replied by shaking his head. “Either way I win,” she proclaimed.

“What do you—“ he started but stopped as he noticed that Venas had pulled the worker that had tightened her seatbelt to the side. She whispered something in his ear that made him blush. Venas pecked his cheek and winked at him. Seifer growled and grasped her arm forcefully. He dragged her down until they were underneath the roller coaster. “What the hell was that?”

“It’s called having a social life, you should try it sometime,” she hissed and started to walk away but was stopped as he slammed his fist into the pillar of wood, blocking her with his arm. “Get out of my way,” she glared at him.

“Make me,” he taunted her. She growled low in her throat and pressed her hands onto his chest, shoving him a couple of feet away. She started to walk away only to have Seifer grab the back of her shirt and slam her back into the pillar.

“What the fuck is your pro-“ she started but was interrupted as he pressed his lips against hers. She couldn’t do anything for a few moments as she was in complete shock. Then realization started to dawn on her. She placed her hands firmly on his chest and pushed him off of her. Looking at him for a moment with disgust she then proceeded to give him a sharp slap to the face. Not even giving him a chance to react, she stormed off towards the exit.

“Venas where are you going!?” he yelled after her.

“Home!” she shouted back.

“How are you going to get there? You don’t have a ride!” he reminded her.

“I’ll hotwire a car!” she responded.

“You don’t want to ruin your reputation with Balamb, do you?”

“So I’ll walk!” she yelled angrily.

“It’s 15 miles dammit!”

“I don’t care!” and with that she stormed away from him. She walked hastily as she muttered not so pleasant things under her breath, she didn’t even notice who she had bumped into.

“Venas?” he asked, catching her attention and causing her to spin around.

“Zell, what are you doing here?” she asked.

“I was about to ask you the same thing, I thought you were with Rinoa and them, where’s Seifer?” he asked causing her to cross her arms and clench her teeth.

“Dead for all I care,” she snapped.

“Whoa, what happened?” he asked.

“Zell, can you just…” she took a breath, “just take me home?”

“Yeah, sure come on,” he led her to a car he had borrowed from the Garden. “You going to tell me what happened?”

“Eventually,” she sighed and slumped down in the seat.

“You sure you’re okay?” he glanced down at her.

“Ugh, I don’t even know anymore,” she looked through the moon roof. They arrived back at the Garden and walked towards Zell’s dorm. Venas plopped down on his sofa as he sat down next to her; she automatically leaned against his shoulder and brought her feet onto the couch.

“What’s going on with you?” he asked. After slight hesitation, she finally answered him.

“Seifer kissed me,” she whispered.

Zell froze and quickly chose not to overreact, “why?”

“I don’t know, I would say he was drunk, but he didn’t have any liquor,” she yawned.

“You tired?” he asked.

“No,” she lied before yawning again, causing him to chuckle. He started to get up to let her sleep comfortably, but she stopped him. “Can you stay, just for tonight?” she pleaded with him.

Zell smiled at her, “alright,” he sat back down and reached over to grab a blanket from his bed and wrapped it around them both.

“Thanks, Zell,” she said barely audible.

“No problemo,” he said before they fell asleep.

~*~

“Raijin, have you seen Venas?” Seifer asked.

Raijin shrugged, “haven’t seen her since ya’ll left, ya know.”

“ZELL,” Fuujin said.

“What about chicken wuss?” Seifer asked.

“That’s right,” Raijin said, “we saw her and Zell go into his room, ya know.”

“What?!” Seifer boomed and stormed towards the dorms. He slammed open Zell’s door and looked in to see them both curled up on the couch, his arms around her. Rage built up inside of him as he approached him.

Venas moaned as she opened her eyes slowly to see Seifer inches away from them. She opened her mouth to scream, but was muffled as he slammed his hand over her lips. He lifted her up away from Zell and dragged her out of the room. He pulled her outside and just about threw her into a car and drove off.

“What is wrong with you!?” Venas yelled at him as he drove at top speed.

“What the hell were you two doing?!” he demanded, ignoring her question.

“What are you talking about?! I was talking to Zell and we fell asleep, what the hell do you care anyway, it’s like you’re freaking jealous or something!” she growled. Seifer slammed on the brakes as they were on an abandoned road near a forest. She glared at him, “Zell told me about you and Rinoa. Is that why you kissed me, because I look like her?”

“No!” he spat, “because I lo-“

“Shut up!” she covered her ears and opened the door. As she walked out, Seifer followed after her. “You can’t say that, Seifer!”

“Why the hell not?!” he asked.

“Because you’re not! You barely know me!”

“I’ve known you since boot camp, that’s when it all started!” he explained.

“No, shut up, I don’t want to hear it!” she walked into the forest with Seifer in hot pursuit.

“Dammit, Venas, I’m fucking telling you how I feel about you and you’re just ignoring me! I never tell or show anyone what my emotions are other than hate, rage and killing things!”

“Killing things isn’t an emotion, Seifer! It’s an action that comes from rage which is the only emotion you have making it completely impossible for you to be falling for me!”

“Why the fuck is it so hard for you to understand!?” he pinned her against a tree.

“Because it’s not true! We’re warriors, dammit, we don’t have time for this and you know it! So stop saying that you adore me,” she spat, “because you don’t!”

“If I didn’t, would I do this?” he leaned in to kiss her, but she managed to free herself from his grasp and jump into the trees. “Dammit, Venas!” he yelled, knowing that she was far from him. The trees were always a place she could hide in and escape through.

As he ran after her, a bat swooped down and landed on his back. Seifer swung at it and managed to chase if off, but not before it bit him. “Shit,” he held his neck as a stream of blood trickled down his collar bone. Suddenly, he dropped down to his knees as he felt a strange sensation inside of him. “No…” he looked at his hands in fear. “It can’t be… Venas I hope you’re far away…”