[AN: yeah yeah, here's the disclaimer, dbz doesn't belong to me blah blah blah, don't try to sue me you won't get much.. Oh and the songs I use belong to their respective owners and not me.* turns to producers that have guns to her head* Happy now?!

Producers: *nod and drop guns *

Hottichan: *wipes forehead * whew! Anyway, on with the story.

Trunks: 26

Goten: 25

Marron: 24

Bra: 18

Pan: 17

Stardom Comes with a Price

Chapter 1

Marron was sitting in the ready room of a studio, stretching out her limbs, as she got ready for her audition. Blitz was crouched behind her and pushing her forward as she sat in a split, stretching her lower back. She needed extra help with this stretch, her muscles were always slightly stiffer in this region, but once she was stretched out she could obtain just about any position.

She'd met Blitz the year she moved in San Francisco and started studying performing arts. He'd helped her become familiar with the city and some 'important' people she'd need to know in order to further her career. The first thing she looked into was dance; she knew she needed to start now otherwise it would become extremely difficult, as she grew older. Already having trouble with it because of her late start, she struggled to keep up with the other dancers her age.

Luckily, Blitz new of a good coach for both dance and vocal training, but after realizing that the man was cheating her out of her money, he decided to train her himself. He'd picked up a few things, growing up with performers. The two had grown close, so close in fact that they could be mistaken for brother and sister if not a couple.

Suddenly, a young girl, about a year younger than Marron, burst through the door and immediately ran in to audition, cutting in line.

"Hey, she's next!" Blitz started, pointing to Marron, only to have her tug on his sleeve.

"Chill, it's okay, I'll go next," she calmed him down. She found herself doing that several times, as he would have trouble containing his anger. Chuckling lightly, Marron stood and took a sip of her water before starting her vocal warm ups.

Just as she was getting ready to enter for her audition, a man burst through the door leading to the stage, waving a chart wildly in his hand. With his free hand, he dragged the girl who'd just walked in. "We have our star! No more auditions are required!"

"What?!" Blitz clenched his teeth and balled his fists. Marron simply stood, put her jacket on and started to clap for the girl. Soon the others joined her as Blitz looked at his blonde haired friend in disbelief. "But-"

"Come on, let's go," she smiled and walked out of the studio with Blitz in hot pursuit.

"What the hell was that, Marron!? You clapped for her? That was your audition, they should have chosen you not her!" he shouted as they entered a secluded area of the park.

"It's okay, Blitz, don't worry about it. I'm fine," she said, her voice wavered slightly. Blitz grasped her arm, stopping her from walking further and spun her around to face him.

"You're lying, no you're not. It's bothering you isn't it?" he looked in her blue eyes as they shimmered, tears threatening to trickle down her cheeks.

"Yeah," she said after a slight hesitation, "it is."

"Come on, Marron, you can tell me anything," he said as they sat under a large willow tree.

"I heard one of the other girls talking about her. She just started training last year, and she was lazy about it too. It's not fair, Blitz! I've worked so hard for all this and she just comes along and takes it all away from me without even so much as lifting a finger to do as much work as I have!" she said on the brink of tears now.

"Marron, I." he started, not sure of what to say. He'd never seen her like this before, she was always the calm one as he was the hot head.

"Did you see her face, Blitz, did you?!" she yelled, standing from her position on the floor. "It's like she didn't even care! It's my dream and she doesn't even give a damn that she stole it from me!"

Blitz stood and wrapped his arms around her, allowing the distraught girl to cry on his shoulder, "it's okay."

"It's not fair," she sobbed, "it's not fair!"

Marron shut her eyes slowly, remembering the memory of that day vividly. She'd cried herself to sleep that night, her hopes and dreams shattered like a million pieces on the floor. Opening her eyes, she smiled at how far she'd come and looked into the enclosed room where two girls were singing some back up lines.

I can't believe it's finally happening, she thought happily to herself. They were recording her first cd with one of the biggest record companies in the country.

"You ready?" Blitz asked her as the two girls stepped out of the sound box. Marron smiled at him and nodded as she stepped into the room and placed the headset over her ears. She looked through the large window to see Blitz counting down with his fingers before pointing to her once the music started.

She'd studied several languages in the time she was in San Francisco, so initially she sung several songs in other languages. Some of her more energetic songs were in Spanish, which she was proud of because she could enunciate much more easily in Spanish than any other language.

"No te pares, baila siempre asi," she sung into the microphone, holding onto the headset to hear the music better. "Mueve las caderas, mueve el esternon mueve el esqueleto, aprovecha la ocasion."

As the song ended, Marron walked out of the sound booth and hugged Blitz as they officially announced her cd, "Around the World." Her producer popped the cd into the player so that they could listen to it. The first track on her song came on and her voice slowly rose through the speakers.

She couldn't believe it, she was listening to her own cd, her own voice, being played by a record company. Her dream had finally come true, all she had to do now was make the video and she'd be on her way back to Japan to visit her family and friends.

"That's you, Marron, you finally did it," Blitz whispered.

"I know!" she screamed excitedly and jumped on him, giving him the biggest hug she could think of.

"I give you a week, tops, and everyone will know your name," he chuckled. Marron grinned from ear to ear and suddenly gasped.

"I have to go celebration shopping!" she said and dragged him out the door, her cd in hand and jumped into his convertible. "Come on, put the cd in," she said excitedly and pumped the volume to full blast.

"Hey, you're going to blow my speakers!" he cried.

"Oh, who cares! I'm going to be a star and I can buy you new ones!"

"Oy vey, things are going to get a lot more interesting around here." he groaned.

~*~

A few weeks later, "Around the World" was released in several countries, one of them being Japan. Bra came flying into the room, waving a cd wildly in her hand, an expression of pure anticipation was plastered on her face.

"I got it! I got Marron's cd!" she cried and popped it into the CD player. Goten stood and snatched the case from her grasp.

"Already?! Didn't she just release it?" he asked confused. Trunks grabbed the case from him and read over the songs.

"She's singing in five different languages!" he shouted.

"She should be a translator not a damn singer," Vegita snorted.

"Wait, wait, here's the translation for this first song.. Mue-.. mue.." Pan started, trying to pronounce the song title.

"Muevelo," Trunks corrected for her.

"Don't stop moving, do it, don't stop moving, don't stop moving, keep dancing like this. Go on move your hips now, move the sternum go and move your bones now, it's your chance to go." Bulma sang along with the Spanish version of the song.

"That's enough from you, woman, let's listen to the brat already!" Vegita snapped.

"Turn that off!" Juuhachigou shouted, running to the stereo and flipping on the radio.

"But, Juu-chan," Krillin started. She motioned for him to be quiet as she raised the volume. The radio announcer's crackly voice broke through the silence as he was talking about Marron.

"Miss Chestnut's single, "Muevelo" has reached number one on the charts!"

Cheers, shouts and screams of joy erupted through out the room. Suddenly, the phone rang and Vegita, being the nearest one, answered it.

"Yeah, what do you want?" he asked arrogantly. "Mmhm, mmhm, mmhm." he hung up with out saying anything else.

"Well, who was it?" Bulma asked, everyone staring at him with curiosity.

"Marron's coming home."