Stardom Comes with a Price

Chapter 3: Home Sweet Home

Blitz looked out the window of the private jet to see nothing but clouds, gray clouds. It hadn't started raining yet, but the humidity was seeping through the poorly insulated walls. Glancing at Marron across from him, he noticed that she was slouching down in her chair, twirling a pen in her hand.

"Marron, sit up. You're a dancer too, and dancers' don't slouch," he scolded and returned to stare out the window. Marron slid down further in her seat, crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out at him momentarily. Blitz glanced at her, barely missing the gesture she'd made towards him.

A small droplet fell from a cloud and made its way to land on the window. Suddenly, thousands of water drops followed in suit, raining down hard on the jet.

"And here comes the down pour," Blitz sighed, turning away from the window. Marron spun around in her revolving chair and opened a compact mirror that was stored in her pocket. Opening it, she adjusted a few stray strands of hair and clapped the mirror shut. Dusting herself off, she looked at her attire. She was wearing a pair of khaki Capri pants and a pink tube top.

"Blitz," she looked over at him, the glow from lightening bolts was bouncing off his face, "Do you think-" her voice was cut short as the jet shook violently, tossing Marron out of her chair and onto the carpet covered floor. Rug burns covering her elbows and knees and she pushed herself off the ground.

"Shit, are you okay?" he asked her, rubbing his head. He crawled over to her as the plane shook again, introducing their faces with the floor once again.

"Oh, god, I think I'm going to loose my lunch," she held her stomach, and crouched over wincing. The last impact had torn her skin as she'd landed on her knees and elbows again.

"Excuse me for the interruption, ladies and gentlemen. But we seem to be having a little turbulence," the captain's voice crackled through the small p.a. system.

"No shit, Sherlock!" Blitz yelled as they both made their ways back to their chairs. Unfortunately, it would have been better for them to be on the floor, their seats came off their hinges and rolled to the opposite side of the aircraft, slamming into the wall.

"Why the hell don't we just land somewhere?!" Marron cried.

"Like where, on a freeway?!" Blitz said sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up," she growled and held onto a bar that was above her head, letting the chair roll freely. Suddenly, the jet unintentionally performed a barrel roll, sending them in a spin cycle. "Ahh," Marron let out a scream, "I feel like I'm in a freaking washing machine!"

"Dammit, Marron, you're not helping!" Blitz screamed, holding onto his own bar desperately. Slowly but surely, the plane leveled off and the two passengers slid to the floor cautiously.

"Hey, we stopped." Marron looked around the aircraft.

Standing up, Blitz rushed over to a window and peered outside to see the clouds being stripped of their grayness as they speedily emerged from the storm. Clarity started to set in, and the city below came into view.

Marron ran to a window and smiled happily, she recognized most of the buildings and shopping centers once they came into view as they began to land. "Blitz, I'm home! I'm finally home!"

"But not home-free," he replied wryly. Just outside of the airport, where the plane was to land, stood hundreds of reporters and photographers.

"What?! No way, how'd they find me here! No one knew I was going to be here for another week!" she cried, an expression of panic, shock and fear arose on her face.

"We'll have to push our way through them," Blitz growled as they touched down on the ground. Once the private jet came to a standstill, Marron grabbed her two handbags and followed Blitz down the staircase.

"Miss Chestnut! Miss Chestnut!" the reporters cried, trying to gain her attention. Immediately, Marron found herself to be staring at several microphones.

"Marron, you look injured, what happened?" asked one.

"Just a little turbulence, but I'm fine," she said and smiled politely.

"Marron, what do you plan to do for this extra week?"

"I'm sorry, but you're questions will have to wait," Blitz interrupted. "Miss Chestnut's had a long and rough flight and would like to rest seeing as she's tired."

They fought their way through the crowd, drowning in a sea of questions, flashes and cameras. Continuously haven't to repeat 'no comment', they made their way out of the throng and into the limousine waiting for her. Flopping down on the small couch, Marron let out a sigh of relief.

"For a second there I thought I was going to die," she said.

"In the plane?" he asked.

"No, in the reporters," she laughed. Blitz chuckled and tossed her a small container of liquid Aloe Vera. "What's this for?"

"Rub it on your skin, it might help for those burns," he said and glanced at her knees.

Marron rubbed on some of the substance, but instantly dropped the container as a stinging sensation arose on her flesh, "ow, it burns!"

"Oh, sorry, that was rubbing alcohol," he said sheepishly and passed her some cream of aloe Vera.

"Smart move," she glared at him, "somehow I doubt that was an accident."

"Now why would I do something like that on purpose?" he said sarcastically.

"You have to ask?" she chuckled and rubbed the cream on her skin. "There, that's better," she smiled.

"Hey, Marron." Blitz said as they came to a halt.

"Hm?" she looked up at him.

"We're here," he grinned and watched as the chauffeur walked around and opened her door. A smile tugged at Marron's lips as sunlight beamed into the limo. She slowly stood up and rested her sunglasses on the tip of her nose, stylishly. Shifting her weight and placing one hand on her hip, she looked at the large building, which read "Capsule Corp." in large letters.

"Marron!!" she heard several familiar voices as the front door opened.

"Hey, guys, what's new?" she asked casually as Bra, Pan, Trunks and Goten smothered her in hugs. "Miss me?"

"No, we just like giving hugs," Bra said sarcastically, "of course we missed you!"

"Hey, Marron, buddy," Pan smiled innocently, "can I-"

"How much," Marron giggled.

"How's a hundred bucks sound?"

"Not much, are you sure you don't need more?" Marron raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, that is it, you are taking me shopping!" Bra exclaimed.

"But first," Trunks interrupted, "she's going to give the details. So, got a boyfriend yet?"

Marron laughed, "No, I'm holding out. Besides, the guys I've seen aren't that good looking," she joked.

"I resent that," Blitz smirked, leaning against the limousine. Marron smiled and walked back, pulling him up to her friends.

"Guys this is Blitz, he's my. manager? No, trainer.. no.." she said confused. "Hey, Blitz what are you?"

"Umm, co. agent of. publicity?" he quickly made up.

"Yeah, that works," she rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. The four sweat dropped and laughed nervously.

"Oh, you're parents are here," Goten said.

"What? Where?!"

"Marron!" she was instantly tackled by her father. "Oh, my sweet little girl! I missed you so much!"

"Krillin, baka, you look so foolish, get up!" Juuhachigou demanded and looked sternly at them both.

"Missed you too, mama," Marron walked over and hugged her mother. Krillin still wrapped around her ankles. "Daddy, you can let go of me now, I'm not going anywhere for a few weeks!"

"That's it? You're not staying for good?" Goten asked.

"I can't, I've got tours and appearances to make on MTV and stuff like that," she said, "I thought you guys knew."

"Oh, pshh," Bra waved a hand, covering for them, "we knew. We just thought it was going to be for a little bit longer."

"Oh, okay," she smiled. "So what's changed since I left? You guys look a little different," she eyed her friends' appearances.

"Well, Pan finally got a rack," Trunks teased, but immediately got a punch in the arm, "and she's been training more too," he said weakly, rubbing his arm.

"Speaking of which, I'm so out of shape, you guys'll help me right?" Marron looked at them pleadingly.

A sinister grin crept on Trunks and Goten's face, "right! Of course!"