Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

*~*A Touch of Jealousy*~* By Echidna

Author's Note:  Thanks to Ali my wonderful Beta-mom for betaing this fic and for supporting it! ;)

Chapter 18

Anger started to boil up in her veins as she watched the black-clad girl bluntly make her move on *her* Spike. All she felt like doing was striding over to her and ringing her neck until it snapped in two while screaming off at the top of her lungs: GET AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND! Yeah, that would teach her.

Then, suddenly, she realised: ‘He’s not my boyfriend. This is all a trick to get them back together’ she reminded herself as she watched Dru suggestively run her index finger over the lapels of Spike’s duster. Buffy had to inhale deeply to force the blood rage down. ‘And apparently it’s working. Good for him.’ She closed her eyes, shaking herself off before she resumed walking towards Willow, Xander and Oz who sat around a table.

“Hey, Oz!” Buffy said with fake enthusiasm.

The redhead simply nodded and gave her his version of a smile, which was pretty close to anyone else’s idea of a non-smile.

“Loved the show! You guys did great!” She continued.

“I’m amazed you saw anything, considering the major grope fest you and Spike put up on the dance floor.” Cordy mumbled. Never giving a chance for Buffy to answer she turned to Xander and whined: “I’m thirsty.”

Unfortunately, her boyfriend didn’t seem to be taught in the fine art of subtlety so she let out a loud grown before uttering:

“Xander, get me a soda.”

“Huh…? Oh, ok.” He said as he clumsily got off the stool. “You guys want anything?”

Everyone shook their heads except for Buffy who spoke up:

“A Daiquiri.”

Xander froze and everyone in the table turned to look at her.

“Are you sure?” Willow asked.

“Buffy you know how you get when you drink alcohol.” Xander muttered.

“Plus it’s illegal.” Willow piped up nervous and wide-eyed, sticking her index finger into the air.

“All the more reasons to do it.” Buffy said with a smile. “Come on Xander, I know you know the bartender tonight. Please, for me…” She begged, with a pout and batting her eyes lashes at him.

He couldn’t resist it. Somehow, after all those year of knowing her and working on getting over his crush on her, he still couldn’t say no to her when she asked him something. So he turned around and headed for the bar to make his order. Soon after he was back with a soda and a colourful glass with an umbrella sticking out of it in his hand.

“What about your no alcohol policy?” Cordy snorted as she saw Buffy tilting the glass into her mouth, taking huge gulps of the liquid inside.

“To hell with it.” She answered with a peppy smile before letting out a small hiccup. “Oops.” She giggled; placing her hand over her lips as her cheeks quickly became red.

“In my entire life, I have never seen alcohol have such a fast effect on anyone as her. You should be in the Guinness Book of Records.” Xander pointed out as he took his seat.

~+~

Spike ran his hand through his hair, trying hard to focus on what the girl standing in front of him was saying. He didn’t know why, but suddenly, Dru’s conversation just seemed plain and dull. Her half nutty routine he used to find gripping and enthralling now just seemed plain loony and boring. Pretty soon, he found her voice growing farther and farther away until it died out, being completely engulfed by the buzzing sound of the background. All he saw was a girl looking at him with hooded, pseudo-seductive gaze, moving her mouth in an excruciatingly slow pace.

“Huh?” He blinked a couple of times when he noticed she had stopped talking.

“I asked if you were going to the homecoming dance.” She repeated as she brought her body closer to him, her arms circling around his neck.

He instinctively took a step back, but she held a tight grip on him.

“I-I don’t know, Dru.” He answered as his eyes scanned the room for a certain blonde. ‘Where is she? What is taking her so long?’ He kept asking himself.

“I thought you hated that sort of thing. Said it was boring and…” She brought her lips closer to his ear as she whispered: “I’m sure we can find more interesting things to do. Couldn’t we, daddy?” She growled at the end of her question and ran her tongue over his earlobe.

“Um… Dru… What are you doing?” Spike asked, never moving, neither cheering nor discouraging her actions.

“What do you think? Grrr… You’ve been a very bad boy, going around playing with that little girly. Mommy doesn’t like it.” She said in a childlike tone, as her lower lip jutted out for a pout.

~+~

Buffy’s eyes grew wide and she felt every single muscle fibre in her body contract at the sight of Dru curling her arms around Spike and licking his ear. Without a word she tilted the glass again and drank from it.

“Buffy, you shouldn’t be doing this.” Willow warned a bit concerned.

“And why not?” For some reason her words were coming out a bit slurred. Buffy smacked her lips together as if trying to get her tongue to untie.

“Because pretty soon you’ll lose all ability for coherent speech and you can’t go home to your mom like that.” Willow tried to rationalise.

“My mom’s not coming home. She’s gonna stay out all night boinking some stranger.” She pressed her lips together and nodded wildly, her hair coming to partially cover her flushed face.

“Oh, Buffy.” Willow’s eyebrows came together over the bridge of her nose as she watched the pain in her best friend’s eyes. So that’s why she was acting so strange. “Don’t you think we better get you home?”

At that Buffy violently shook her head, causing her hair to fan out around her.

“I like it ‘ere.” She mumbled. “It’s nice in ‘ere.” Her face lit up as she remembered something. “I get everything for free.” Singsonged and a wave of childlike giggles followed while Willow simply frowned in confusion.

Oz soon came to her aid:

“It’s the lyrics from one of K’s Choice’s songs.”

“Oh.” Willow raised her eyebrows for a second as realisation came.

~+~

Spike felt like he was suffocating. He couldn’t breathe. She was too close, clinging to him, making him feel like there was no room, not enough space. He just needed space. And to know where she… His eyes widened and a small sigh of relief escaped his lips as he saw her. She was sitting around the table with Oz and the rest of the gang. Well, it was more of a slouching over the table and occasionally standing up straight to wave her arms in the air like a mad woman sort of routine than actually sitting but, he’d found her. Dru continued to stick to him as she yapped on and on, while he absentmindedly watched the effusive blonde girl giggle and shout like a little girl. What was she holding in her hand? What was…

“Bloody hell…” He breathed. “Hum… Dru?” He began trying to pull himself out of the girl’s death grip, but it turned out to be a Herculean task. “Dru… Luv… Let go now.” She wouldn’t let go. “Dru!” He finally shouted and she stepped back; a look of amazement and pain on her face. “Look, pet, I’m sorry, but I gotta go.”

And he was off crossing the room with ground-eating footsteps until he reached his destination.

“Spike! Thank God you’re here.” Willow breathed in relief.

“What’s going on?” He questioned with a frown, looking at Buffy who now seemed to be sleeping with her head resting on the table, her arms dangling to the floor at her side. The moment he reached for her, she jumped up to attention.

“Hum… what? Where? Oh… Spike.” She drooled the words out as she plastered on a goofy smile. “The reunification didn’t go well? Do we need to pretend a bit more?”

Everyone around the table frowned, except for Spike, whose heart immediately jumped to his throat. He tried to ignore her questions and turned to face Willow.

“How many of these did she have?”

“Just that one.” The redhead pointed at the empty glass.

“And she’s drunk?” Spike asked in disbelief.

“Buffy’s body is not very alcohol-friendly.” Oz piped up.

“I can see that. Come on, luv, let’s get you home.” Spike said picking up her coat and putting it over her shoulders.

“What? So soon? I thought you’d want to stay and work on the plan and-“

“Alright, you need to go home… Now!” He noted, bringing his arms around her numb form and pulling her to her feet.

The moment he made a move to let her go, she began tumbling to the floor, but he quickly grabbed a hold on her and lifted her off her feet.

“Are you sure you can take her?” Xander asked.

“I’m fine, mate. See you later.” He answered as he made his way out of the busy club.

~+~

As they reached the car, consciousness seemed to dawn on Buffy. Her stomach turned as she felt herself being carried. She opened her eyes to meet black leather. Blinking a couple of times her gaze focussed on Spike’s face.

“We’re here, luv.” He said as he lowered her to the ground.

She stumbled a bit, but eventually was able keep standing long enough for Spike to open the car door for her. With a loud sigh she plopped down on the front seat; her legs still sticking out of the vehicle. Spike shook his head as he picked her feet up and pushed them into the car before closing the door.

They remained silent most of the drive home, with Spike occasionally throwing a worried glance at the slumbering blonde sitting next to him. He smiled as he heard her mumble something incomprehensible, while frowning and making a series of odd faces. She was just so strange.

Coming to a full stop in front of her house, he turned and gently ran his fingers over her exposed shoulder.

“Pet… we’re home.”

“Hum…” She grumbled opening her eyes and glancing up at him with a glassy stare. She swallowed dryly before looking around and frowning. “Where are we?”

“Home. Remember?” He answered with a soft smile before exiting the car to open the door for her.

He held out his hand and Buffy stared at it. The fresh images of what had happened at the Bronze flashed before her eyes – Dru… and him… snuggling. She felt her stomach turn and something inside her snapped. She stood up abruptly; dismissing his outstretched hand and trying to walk proudly over to her front porch. The task seemed simple enough, except her alcohol soaked brain seemed to have something to say about it and pretty soon she was sprawled out on the grass, face down.

“Buffy!” He called out, slamming the car door shut and coming to her aid, but as soon as he made a move to help her up, she pushed him away and scrambled to her feet.

“I’m fine.” She retorted.

“You’re drunk, luv.” He stated the obvious as he watched her zigzag her way to the front door eventually reaching her destination. Now… sticking the itsy bitsy key into that stupid lock… that was a serious mission.

She grumbled a string of curses as she scratched at the wooden door but was never able to get the key into the lock.

“Stupid lock.” She moaned letting the key fall to the floor. “Keeps moving. Stand still, damn it!” She ordered with a serious tone as she bent down to pick up her key.

Spike had to repress a growl as her miniskirt hitched up at her motion, exposing her thighs to him.

“Let me get that, pet.” He immediately shook himself out of his daze snatching the key from her hands and quickly opening the door before she could say anything. He entered the room while she stood in the threshold for a few more seconds.

“I could’ve done it.” She mumbled as she walked into the hall.

Clumsily, she tried to take off her coat, pushing at pulling at it, to no avail.

“Here, let me get that.” He made a move towards her and she jumped back.

“No! I’ll do it.” She insisted as she glared daggers at him.

“Are you ok?” He questioned raising a scarred eyebrow.

“I’m…” She struggled with the piece of clothing; it seemed like a straight-jacket. “Stupid… A-ha!” She said triumphantly as she found herself free from her restraints, letting the coat drop to the floor. She nervously pulled her hair out of the way and looked up at him with an arrogant sparkle in her eyes and a defiant little chin jutting out. “I’m fine.”

She crisscrossed her way to the living room and thanked whatever gods there were that the couch was right there.

“Good couch, nice couch.” She sighed, plopping down on it and caressing it.

“Buffy, you need to go to bed.” Spike explained coming to sit next to her.

She instantly jumped away from him, sitting on the opposite side of the couch.

“Don’t tell me what to do.” She growled.

“Are you mad at me?” He finally asked.

“Mad? I’m not made. I’m just…” She couldn’t find an explanation so she resorted for the feeblest of excuses. “You’re annoying and I don’t like you.”

Spike gave her a weak smile and they remained in an awkward silence for a few moments.

“So… Can we stop the plan already?” Buffy suddenly blurted out.

“What?”

“You and Dru are back together, right? We can quit pretending.” She tried to seem as unfazed as possible by the topic of conversation and was pretty successful in her attempt.

Her questions took him by surprise. It was true, Dru had come back to him, or at least was drooling all over him again, which was a positive sign, but they weren’t together yet.

“Me and Dru aren’t together.” Spike explained.

“Right, cause the whole bumping and grinding on the dance floor is just soooo normal amongst ex’s.” Buffy snarled, clumsily standing and making her way to the kitchen.

“We weren’t bumping and grinding.” He protested as he followed her.

“Whatever…” She said uninterested as she opened the various cabinets in the kitchen.

“We were just…” He stopped, looking for the right word.

“Dry humping on the dance floor?” Buffy offered with a hint of anger.

“I-“

“I don’t care Spike. You got what you wanted, Dru pawing all over you. Now can we please put an end to the stupid farce?” She asked raising her eyebrows as she found what she was looking for.

She reached for the bottle and took out the cork before quickly taking a big gulp from its content.

“What are you doing?!” He questioned as he grabbed the bottle from her hands. He turned it in his hands to read the label. “What is it with you and alcohol all of a sudden? I thought you hated this stuff.”

“Not anymore.” She grumbled snatching the bottle back from his hands and drinking from it.

Spike made a move to retrieve the object, but she clenched it against her chest as if clinging to dear life itself.

“It’s mine.” She grumbled, frowning and pouting at the same time.

God, she looked to cute, flushed and… angry? She was angry. Why was she…

“Are you jealous, pet?” He asked with a cocky smirk as realisation came to him.

Her eyes instantly widened as if he had said the greatest of blasphemies. Her mouth opened and closed a couple of time before she was able to stutter:

“J-jealous? Me? Jealous? Of what?”

“Of me and Dru.” He continued with that annoying smirk on his lips. Oh, how she hated that stupid smirk.

“Dream on, Brit-boy.” She snarled, gulping from the bottle.

“You’re jealous…” He singsonged.

“And you’ve lost it pal.” She drooled out.

He smiled and tilted his head sideways as he came closer to her.

“Just admit it, luv. You’re jealous… It’s only normal. I mean, being so close to me these last few days… touching… kissing…” He had to stop to take in some air as his own words started to bring back the memories of the past week.

Buffy stepped back and he continued to close the distance between them until she felt the edge of the kitchen counter rub against her back. She stared up at him and felt her heart race as he set both hands on counter on either side of her, successfully trapping her.

“Admit that you felt jealous when you saw me and… Dru-“

The simple mention of her name made her skin curl and gave her renewed strength. She quickly pushed him away and stepped away from the counter.

“You’re full of yourself, you know that? I would never, ever feel jealous of you. What I don’t want is for people in school to think that my current boyfriend is going behind my back to boink that skanky ho. Again!” She managed to word out even though the room seemed to start turning around her.

“That’s your problem?”

“You bet it is. Everyone at the Bronze saw you and her doing… whatever you were doing and I don’t really care. Except that everyone thinks that you’re my boyfriend and I so don’t need the entire student body to give me the pity look. I had enough of it last time. So you know what, Spike? This whole arrangement we had going? “ She pointed at herself and then at him. “It’s over.”

“But-“ A hint of desperation started to build up inside of him.

“No buts, you wanted Dru back, you’ve got her.” She snarled.

“I don’t have her back.” He answered without thinking and Buffy felt her blood start to boil.

“I don’t care! That’s your problem; I’m not going to be made the fool. Forget it.” She yelled as she tried to turn on her heels, but suddenly she seemed to lose all balance and stumbled to the floor.

With instant reflexes, he was able to grab her before she fell. His arms kept a tight grip around her waist crushing her against his chest; the bottle of wine, still in her hand, spilling against his shirt at the abrupt movement.

“Are you ok?” True concern echoed in his voice.

She shook her head slightly, closing her eyes for a brief second and then scrambled away from him.

“I’m fine.” She insisted, trying to keep her distance.

“Look, Buffy… I didn’t mean to… Dru was just there…”

“I don’t want to hear it. I told you, I’m out.” She insisted as the anger returned in full force at the mention of the black-clad teen.

“But-“

“Just leave, Spike!” She yelled slamming the bottle on the nearest available surface.

“I-“

“I’m not gonna continue this stupid charade just because your ex is playing hard to get. Get someone else to do it, cause I’m tired of it.”

“I didn’t do anything.” He insisted raising his voice.

“You were practically doing it on the dance floor!” She cried out as she waved her hands in front of her.

“We were just dancing.”

“Ok, next time, I’ll ‘dance’ with Angel like that, see how it makes *you* feel.”

Buffy never knew what hit her. She was being slammed against the refrigerator, Spike’s angered body crashed against hers as her hands were pinned at her side, near her shoulders.

“You don’t go near him.” He hissed.

“Or what?” She said breathless with a cocky tone, but deep inside she felt her heart skip a few beats as she felt his left leg pushed between hers. “You’re gonna do what?”

“Stay away from him.” He warned her as anger flashed in his eyes.

“You know what? I think I’ll go over there right now. I still look kinda cute, I doubt that Angel would say no.” She grinned as she made a move to leave, but he tightened his grip around her wrists.

“Don’t…” He growled.

Raising her chin and looking up at him she asked:

“Don’t what? You gonna stop me?”

“Damn right I am.” His voice was low and filled with rage.

“Doesn’t feel good when you’re on the other side, does it… William?” She mocked cocking up a perfectly shaped eyebrow as she instinctively rubbed her pelvis against his. Her grin crumbled in a flash, eyes widened for a second as she felt something hard pressing against her lower abdomen and before she could say anything else he smashed his lips against hers in a bruising kiss.

Caught by surprise, Buffy let out a muffled cry as his tongue pushed its way into her mouth, forcing it open. She struggled for breath as his hands let go of her wrists and started to frantically move over her entire body, pulling and pushing at her clothes as he thrust his hips into hers. She felt his fingers finally settle under her thighs, gripping them and pulling her up, her legs instinctively wrapping around his waist. Her arms came to drape around his neck, pulling him closer as she tilted her head to deepen the urgent kiss. They’re tongues battled for dominance, a series of hungry moans escaping the two as they erratically tugged at each other.

She felt him move, effortlessly carrying her with him. He settled her over the counter and stretched his hand over the cold surface, sending its contents to the floor. Buffy ignored the crashing noises as Spike spread her over the counter, his body coming to hover over hers as they never stopped kissing.

Her small trembling fingers curled around the lapels of his duster, pulling at it until it was scattered on the floor. Her hands ran through his dishevelled hair and she wrapped her legs around his hips, drawing him closer as she continued to hungrily kiss him. She gasped as she felt his fingers slide over the outside of her thighs pushing her miniskirt higher, until it was bunched up around her waist.

He pressed hard against her, forcing her to lay back down, while her legs dangled off the counter. His lips left hers to trace ravenous trails down her neck, over her collarbone and down between her breasts where he nuzzled his face, taking in her scent.

“God…” He heard her mutter.

He looked up to find her head thrown back, her neck exposed, her cheeks flushed; her breath coming in rapid urgent pants. He stared blindly at her when a sharp ringing sound pierced through their combined haze. She immediately looked up.

“What…?” Her gaze alternated between the phone and the breathless boy still trapped between her legs.

She felt her heart race as realisation came to her. Without a word, she pushed him out of the way, jumped off the counter and ran to the phone picking it up.


Chapter 19

She nervously tugged at her miniskirt, pulling it downwards as she picked up the receiver.

“Hello? Oh, hi!” There was silence for a few seconds, her fingers tensely twirling around the cord while she walked around in circles next to the phone.

Spike leaned on the counter, his heart still racing, watching her from under an apprehensive frown as he listened in on the conversation, trying to discern who was on the other side of the line. He anxiously tapped his fingers on the white surface; his gaze followed her closely while the memories of what had just happened flashed before his eyes. ‘What was that all about?’ he continuously asked himself. ‘Why did I…’ He couldn’t understand, but the simple thought of her being anywhere near Angel, having him touch her… just made his stomach turn, his skin curl; the way she had mocked him… He stood up straight as she started to speak into the receiver after the long pause.

“Ok, then… No, I’m fine. Don’t worry. Bye.” She waited a few moments, her mind racing as she finally set the phone down.

She really didn’t want to deal with this now, not with this or with… She finally turned to see Spike, standing by the counter an anxious look on his face. ‘God, what did I do?’ She asked herself as she swallowed hard and re-entered the tiled room. An awkward moment of silence thickened the air between them, making it hard to breathe. Buffy’s gaze erratically flew all over the place, trying to avoid meeting Spike’s eyes and finally found what looked like her salvation – the bottle of wine. In a flash, she reached for it and turning on her heels headed for the living room.

A stunned black-clad teen soon followed her to find her sitting on the couch taking a long gulp from the bottle.

“Hum… Buffy?” He started.

She wouldn’t look at him. Reaching for the remote, she turned on the TV and found her new source of distraction.

“Buffy…” He called again and this time she was forced to look up.

Her eyes were flooded in a dazed sparkle, giving them a glassy drunken aspect.

“Yeah?” She drooled.

He didn’t know what to do. Was he supposed to say something about the scorching grope fest in the kitchen or was he just supposed to ignore it? Judging from the scared look on her face, he assumed she’d prefer the latter. Slowly, he moved to the couch and sat down.

“So… who was that?”

Buffy felt something tug at her heart at his question. ‘So the plan is to ignore what just happened?’ She asked herself.

“Hum…” She struggled with the words as the alcohol started swimming around in her brain. “My mom.” She answered, turning back to the TV. ‘You want to ignore it? Fine, I’ll ignore it.’ She shouted in her mind as the anger started brewing in her stomach.

“She went out tonight?” Spike asked as he noticed for the first time Mrs. Summers’ absence from the household.

Buffy nodded and refused to speak as she took another gulp from the bottle.

“She called to check up on you, huh?” He continued to question. Someone had to make conversation, because he sure as hell wasn’t going to be able to stay alone in a room with her in silence.

Another mindless nod, followed by a long gulp from the bottle.

“You’re out on the piss tonight aren’t you?” He asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

At this she frowned and looked at him.

“You’re trying to get drunk, aren’t you?”

“You think?” She said cocking up her eyebrow and returning her attention to the television set.

“Luv, you really shouldn’t be drinking like this. You’re not used to it.” He tried to warn her.

Her answer came as she tilted the bottle once again and swallowed a few more gulps of its content. Angrily, he reached for the green bottle and yanked it out of her hands. She immediately jumped up in protest, her arms waving it the air as she tried to retrieve it.

“Hey, give it back. It’s…” She began to stand up, to try and catch up to him and suddenly the entire room started to circle around her. She blinked a couple of times and then dropped like a stone on the couch, clinging to her aching head. “Oh… oh…. This is not good… Why is the whole room moving?” She asked with a liquid voice as she tried to focus on something but failed.

“Because you’re completely sloshed.” He answered as he set the bottle down on the coffee table and came down to sit next to her once more.

His hands settled on each side of her head, under her ears, framing her flushed face as he watched her blink wildly and cringe.

“I don’t like this.” She whined.

“It’s gonna be ok. You just need some coffee.” He explained as he moved to leave the room.

Her fingers instantly curled around his duster, pulling him to her.

“No! Don’t! Don’t leave me!” She begged panicky.

“I’ll be right back I’m just going to the kitchen to get you some…”

He trailed off as he watched her vehemently shake her head.

“No. I don’t wanna be alone. This is…” She stopped in mid sentence as she felt something quickly crawl its way up her oesophagus. “Oh, I think I’m gonna be-“

She wasn’t able to finish her sentence as her mouth went wide open and she vomited all over Spike.

The Brit froze when he saw the greenish slobber plastered all over his favourite piece of clothing. The anger and disgust soon disappeared as he saw the distraught look on the petite blonde’s face.

“Oh God, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!” She begged, her hand resting on her mouth.

“It’s ok, it’s ok.” He lied as he quickly took off his duster and balled it up so that the vomit wouldn’t spread to the couch.

He let out a sigh as he saw the stains on his shirt and without another thought quickly discarded it too, leaving him in a black t-shirt and equally black jeans. His attention was back on Buffy, who was now sprawled on the couch; her facial muscles cringed up in a painful expression. His arms circled around her slender form and carried as he walked up the stairs. He stood in the corridor for a few seconds, debating over which door lead to the bathroom. He followed his most logical guess and chose the door at the end of the hall.

He opened it and after some struggling managed to find the light switch. The room lit up to reveal the white tiled bathroom.

“Luv…” He called her.

“Hum... She mumbled semi-conscious.

“You’ve got to hold onto me so I can get you cleaned up.”

She nodded and flung her arm around his neck, partially supporting herself as he turned on the faucet. Buffy jumped up as the cool water splashed against her face, causing her to cough a bit. She soon calmed down and he was able to run his wet hand over her mouth and cheeks, in an attempt to get her cleaned. His fingers slowly managed to get most of the green coloured vomit off her face and then proceeded with washing her neck. After a few minutes she was clean and he could tell that she was a bit more awake as she started to mumble something incomprehensible.

“You’ll be fine.” He reassured her.

But she continued to murmur something and soon tears began to thread down her flushed cheeks.

“Oh, God please don’t cry…” He begged awkwardly as he set her down on the toilet.

But she wouldn’t indulge him as she rested her head in her hands and suddenly burst out in loud and painful crying session.

“Please… don’t… I can’t stand to see girls… Please…” As he kneeled down beside her his hands suddenly seemed nothing more than embarrassing appendages as he struggled to figure out where to put them. They hovered over her shoulders, her arms, her legs and back up to her hair to finally awkwardly tap her on the head, in a typically male version of a comforting caress.

“Why…” Hiccup “ are you” hiccup “hitting meeeee?” She whined in a babyish tone, looking down on him with blood-shot eyes.

“I-I…” He tried to explain, but it was no use as she returned to her crying. “Luv… wha-what’s wrong?” He asked, deciding it was best not to touch her at all.

Everythiiiiing.” She bellowed.

“Oh, come on… It can’t be that-“

“My mom is boinking an idiot.” She whined as another onslaught of tears took over.

Taken by surprise, it took a few seconds for Spike to react, but eventually he managed to stutter:

Sh-she’s going out on a date, that doesn’t mean she’s…” He made a face as the mental picture flashed before his eyes causing his facial muscles to contract. “… boinking anyone.”

“Yes, she is.” She insisted between hiccups and snivels. “She was wearing make up.”

His scarred eyebrow cocked up as he thought: ‘And…?’

“And she just called saying she was going to be very late and-and…” She inhaled sharply as the tears continued to travel down her face. “…and she said if I needed anything for lunch tomorrow I could just order pizzaaaaaaa.” And once more she was down the path of loud howls and incessant moans.

“Oh…” He noted giving her a sorry look. “Well… M-my da has been going out on a lot of dates too lately… it-it’s only natural for divorced or widowed grown-ups to… you know…” He had to swallow hard to stop himself from heaving at the idea of his father ever having sex.

“Not my mom!” She bellowed, covering her face with her hands as she burst into tears.

“Hum… pet… please… just calm down… it’s…” It was no use, she wouldn’t stop.

Awkwardly, he straightened up, still on his knees and brought his arms around her, giving her a light tap on her back.

“There, there…” He murmured uncomfortably. God, he hated seeing women cry.

Slowly, she relaxed in his arms and eventually slumped off the toilet to sit on the floor, still wrapped up in his arms, her moist face buried in his t-shirt. He heard her mumble and snivel as she wiped her eyes and nose on the black fabric.

“Go ahead… It’s not my favourite anyway.” He spurred her on as he ran his hand over her hair.

“My…”

“What’s that, luv?” He asked pulling her to look up at him.

They stared at each other for a few seconds before she burst out.

“My mom is having sex… Buaaaa!” And her face was once again buried in his chest.

“It’s ok… It’s gonna be fine.” He reassured her. “It’s normal. You knew this would eventually-“

“No!” She suddenly, sat up straight. “You’re not listening!”

“Tell me then.”

“My mom is having sex…” She paused as she tried to push back the tears and finally burst out: “… And I’m not!” She protested with a loud cry as she continued to sob uncontrollably.

“Oh!” The bleached teen raised his eyebrows at the realisation as her face fell with a dull thud against his chest.

She cried and sniffed for a while longer, until she calmed down and was able to slowly sit up straight; her hands coming to wipe away the tears. They sat in silence, till Buffy broke it with a ghostly whisper:

“Am I repulsive?”

“What?!” He asked amazed.

“Am I repulsive?” She repeated.

“Of course not. What… Why would you say that?”

“Then why… doesn’t Angel… want me anymore?” She managed to blurt out between sniffs and hiccups.

“Cause he’s an idiot.” Was Spike’s direct response as his hands came to push her hair behind her ear.

She seemed calmer, but suddenly, her expression changed, turning hard and cold.

“What do you know?” She grumbled as she stumbled to her feet and zigzagged her way down the hall.

“What do you mean?” He asked as he quickly followed her into her room.

He jumped back a little as she unexpectedly turned on her heels and faced him.

“You’re obsessed with that skinny vapid ho too.” She snapped.

At his confused expression she continued:

“All of a sudden every guy seems to be head over heels for that black haired witch.” She waved her arms in the air. “What does she have that I don’t?”

Spike tilted his head and gave her light smile.

“You’re jealous of Dru?”

“I. Am. Not. Jealous of that skanky ho!” She insisted, crossing her arms over her chest and flopping onto the edge of her bed.

Soon, her pout grew and, as the alcohol continued to heighten her emotions, she restarted crying.

“Luv… Come on… Not again.” He begged falling on his knees in front of her.

“Why doesn’t Angel want me anymore?” She whined.

He felt his stomach turn at the mention of the quarterback’s name. Why was she so worried about him? God, he felt like strangling him.

“I’m ugly.” She concluded.

“No, you’re not!” He countered. “How can you think that? God, Summers do you have any idea just how beautiful you are?” He didn’t even seem to be talking to her anymore as he stared blindly at her face, his fingers coming to brush over her cheeks. “You’re amazing and…” He sighed audibly as he saw her pout. “God, you drive me insane every time you to that.”

“What?” She frowned.

“When you pout. Jutting out that lower lip…”

“Angel liked it too.” She replied absentmindedly.

That was it! His blood started rushing to his face as the anger boiled up inside of him.

“Will you just forget about that wanker for one bleeding second, damn it?” He growled standing up and pacing around the room in front of her.

She frowned, a drunken look still on her face, giving her a semi-idiotic expression.

“Why are you so angry all of a sudden?” She grumbled with a frown, following him with her gaze. “Will you stop walking around in circles? You’re making me dizzy.” She protested shaking her head a bit and blinking.

“Why are you so worried about what Angel thinks?” He tried to control his emotions as he came to an abrupt stop in front of her.

“I don’t worry about what-“

“Bollocks! The whole time, you’re going on about how Angel doesn’t want you anymore, how you think you’re ugly because he doesn’t give a rat’s ass about you. What is it with you women? You only like men that are complete wankers. Are you masochists or something? A guy devotes all of his attention to you and you go behind his back to boink the person he hates the most and when he ignores you, you immediately want him back.” He let his arms fall limply at his sides as he finished his ramblings.

Buffy simply continued to frown sheepishly as she felt her entire body go numb from the alcohol in her system.

“You need some serious anger management classes, you know that right?” She mumbled.

“I need to get you bloody bints out of my head, that’s what I need.” He protested.

“You could always turn gay.” She offered. “You already know that my mom has no problem with it.”

Spike gave her a fake smile while Buffy cringed at the memory of her mother… Soon the tears started to fall again as the depression phase of her drunken state kicked in once more.

“Oh, will you just quit it?” He growled.

“No, I will not, you insensitive pig!” She shouted at him, throwing herself back on her bed and curling up into the foetal position.

He felt a pang of regret in his heart.

“Oh… Luv… I’m sorry… I didn’t… Please…” He pleaded as he came to the left side of the bed and kneeled down next to it. “Look… I’m sorry I didn’t mean to shout… Please, don’t cry.”

She never answered him, simply turning her back to him. He sighed and slowly stood up to sit on the bed, his hand coming to rest on her shoulder.

“Pet… I’m sorry I didn’t-“

“Stop calling me that!” She finally yelled, curling up further.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t…” He continued to beg as he lay down beside her, propping his head on one hand, while the other gently brushed over Buffy’s naked arm.

She didn’t make a move to push him away, standing still as he caressed her skin.

“It’s gonna be ok… Don’t worry.” He whispered smoothly in her ear.

Sluggishly, she turned around to face him and without a word snuggled up against his chest. He froze for a second but soon relaxed, bringing his arm around her and pulling her closer. He slowly rocked her; sleep creeping up on him when her soft voice broke through the fog that engulfed his mind.

“What’s that, luv?”

“Did you really mean it?” she repeated.

“Mean what?”

“That you thought I was amazing?” She asked in a low voice, looking up at him from his chest.

“You’re amazing, Summers.” He answered with a half smile.

“Do you think I’m cute?” She questioned with a pout, innocently blinking her eyes a couple of times.

“You’re gorgeous.” He replied.

She smiled at that, resting her head back on his chest for a while before looking up at him. His eyes were semi-closed as slumber started to take over him again. With one arm draped along the length of the headboard, the other protectively thrown around her he drifted into sleep.

His heart started to race though, as he felt something warm brush over the nape of his neck, a small hand curling around his waist to reach his back and worm its way under his t-shirt, thin legs pressing between his as she moved it under his arm.

He opened his eyes to find her nipping and kissing his neck and quickly closed them at the intense sensation that cursed through his veins. He gasped as she moved up and brushed her mouth against his, her hands pushing him onto his back and she crawled over him.

Her right leg moved over his stomach to settle on the other side, next to his thigh, while her tongue snaked its way into his mouth; the mint taste of the mouthwash and a hint alcohol spilling through. He let out a deep groan as she finally straddled him, putting all her weight over his, her hair cascading around his face to gently caress him.

Her hand continued to explore under his t-shirt, pressing hard against the contours of his abdominal muscles as it made its way down south, over his navel.

Wha…” The words caught in his throat as her tiny fingers slipped under the waistband of his jeans and fondled the mass of curls beneath before finding their goal. “Ah…” He gasped as she carefully encircled him and began pumping while her lips parted to kiss him once again.

He rolled his eyed back in their sockets at the feel on her caressing him.

“Luv…” He started as she kissed her way down his check to his earlobe.

“Don’t… Call me that.” She gasped.

“What are you… ah…” He stopped in mid sentence as she squeezed him tighter. “…Doing? Please… Stop… we… Oh, God!”

He felt her smile against his neck at his broken voice and it seemed to give him enough strength to grab her by her wrist.

“Please… We can’t do this.” He breathed as his other hand dug into her hair and pulled her up to face him.

“Why not?” She pouted. “Don’t you want it?”

“God, you have no idea how much!” He gasped and she began the pumping movements with her right hand again.

“Good!” She smiled and dove for his earlobe, taking it into her mouth to nibble at it.

“Please… stop… you’re drunk… you don’t know… Ah!” He inhaled sharply as she gave him another light squeeze.

He seemed completely lost as she let go of him and proceeded with unbuckling his belt and then working on the buttons of his jeans until they were all undone.

She felt herself blush as she looked downwards at his crotch. The innocent smile that spread over her lips almost did him in. She looked breathtaking all flushed and sweaty, her dishevelled hair cascading around her. God, he wanted her so much.

“Pet…” He managed to whisper as he gathered all of his strength, but it seemed to crumble apart when she looked up at him. “We… can’t do this.”

Her answer was to reach into his pants once again, only this time he was fast enough to grab her and stop her.

“You’re drunk, pet. I don’t wanna do this this way. Not like this.” He breathed.

“You don’t want me?” She pouted.

“More than anything. But not like this.”

Suddenly, anger flashed before her eyes and she was up and off him in a second.

“Get out!” She shouted with her back towards him.

He sat up and reached for her, lightly caressing her back and she snapped.

“Get out!” She yelled off the top of her lungs.

“Luv…”

With anger raving through her veins she stood up and flung the door open as she hissed between clenched teeth:

“Get out. Now.”

Head bowed, he stood up and dragged his feet across the floor until he reached the hall and heard the door slam in his back.

Next

Review - Makes chapters come way quicker! ;)