ICE 2 : THE BEST THING
By Jezbell

Notes: Well, obviously this is the sequel to Ice, and I think it's pretty lame. But anyway, who cares what I say? An artist always says her work sucks. And none of this is mine, so please don't sue!!!! ::grovels at your feet:: This is also in memory (kinda) of Kojiro's voice actor*sniff, sniff, waterfall tears*

Never want to fly
Never want to leave
Never want to say what you mean to me

Jessie placed her coffee on the table to a scratching at the door. You'd think by now that Meowth could at least work a door knob, she thought as she opened the door. But the Pokémon at her feet was anything but Meowth.
"Espeon? Espi?" It queried. Jessie backed away, afraid for a reason she couldn't explain.

Never want to run
Frightened to believe
You're the best thing about me

The tiny creature entered. It sat down and shook its head, loosing dust from its long purple ears and a small dog-eared piece of paper from its jeweled collar. Jessie reached out with a shaking hand and picked up the ragged sheet. She scratched the Pokémon gently behind the ears.
"Espeon." It sighed contentedly.
This is her, I know it! She's the one master told me of.

Sometimes I feel like this is only chemistry
Stuck in a maze, searching for a way to
Shut down, turn around, feel the ground beneath me

Jessie went back to her chair and opened the tightly folded paper. Sipping her now luke-warm coffee she began reading.

You're so close where do you end
Where do I begin?
Always pushing and pulling
Sometimes sanity takes vacation time on me

'Jessie,
I want to say so much to you, but I can't. I know by the time you read this I will be gone and you will have all my Pokémon in your possession. The Pokémon that brought you this letter is also mine, but I never showed her to you.'
Jessie glanced at the small creature at her feet. Suddenly she clutched at her head, a painful vision scorching her mind.

I'm in a daze stumbling bewildered
North of gravity head up in the stratosphere
You and I
Roller coaster riding love
You're the center of adrenaline
And I'm beginning to understand

Jessie opened her eyes, still wincing in memory of the pain. She focused on the letter and kept reading.
'She is an Eevee evolution, and her name is Espeon. Please keep her with you at all times. As a favor, please also get my Growlithe from my parents' estate. Jessebelle won't be there, so you should be safe.'
Jessie smiled. She remembered that day.

Never want to fly
Never want to leave
Never want to say what you mean to me
Never want to run
Frightened to believe
You're the best thing about me

She remembered how she had felt when she was hit by the knowledge that he had a fiancee. She remembered what she would have done for his home, his riches, and what she would have done to save him his awful childhood. And what she would have done to have his love.

Walk on broken glass make my way through fire
These are the things I would do for love
Farewell peace of mind, say goodbye to reason
Up is down, the impossible occurs each day
This intoxication thrills me
I only pray it doesn't kill me

'Jess, in our long years as friends I never told you one awful truth. As best friends, I suppose we were supposed to share everything with each other.'
Well, make me feel guilty then James, Jessie thought bitterly.

You're the center of adrenaline
And I'm beginning to understand

'I was afraid that if I did I would lose you forever.'
Oh James! Jessie thought sadly. But now I've lost you and I never got to say what I wanted to more than anything.

Never want to fly
Never want to leave
Never want to say what you mean to me

'Jessie I never got to tell you how much you really mean to me, not just as a friend, but as something deeper. I loved you from day one Jessie, through all of our fights. I always will. James.'
That was all Jessie could take. She burst into loud shuddering sobs. All her life she had been afraid to lose him, and now that she had, he loved her.

Never want to run
Frightened to believe
You're the best thing about me

Then Espeon let out a wild howl. It opened its mouth and a glowing beam shot out, forming a human shape. The human had an extremely surprised expression.
"Jessie?" He wondered.

You could be the best thing about me
What if you're the best thing about me?

Jessie flung herself into his arms, crying. "James, you're back, oh James!"
"Jess, I missed you so much!"
"Me too! And James?"
"Yes Jessie?"
"I feel the same way. Exactly."
"You do?"
"Yes James."
"Then will you um, I mean-?"
"Of course James. I love you!"
"Jess?"
"Mmm?"
"You're the best."
"I know."

THE END

Okay, so it was a dumb ending. Bite me.

Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!