I Luv…

Disclaimer: Nope. Don't own 'em.

~*~

March 14 , 2001

Dear Diary,

You know when you were in elementary school and you'd write "I luv so-and-so" in your notebook?

Heh.

Boy, you sure didn't know anything about love, did you? Because then you grew up.

And fell in love for real. But by then, you've been hurt so many times, you're afraid to expose your feelings. Even if the guy you're in love with is the sweetest, nicest, most gentle guy in the world.

Oh wait, that's just me.

Yeah, in case you haven't figured it out yet (but that would make you stupid, right?), I'm in love with James. Yeah, that's right, the same sniveling, whining, cowardly, ignorant little idiot that follows me around on all my missions, screwing everything up and making a mockery of my work.

… Remind me why I'm in love with him again?

Oh yes. Because he's the most sensitive, handsome, caring, adorable, innocent, loving, forgiving, and… well, handsome (again) man I've ever met.

Let's see. The good obviously outweighs the bad. Besides, he makes me laugh.

Inwardly.

Why can't I ever show my true feelings!? Why can't I just walk up to him, smack him upside the head and say, "Guess what? I like you, boy!"?

Aw, I don't know. I know he'd love to hear it from me. Yeah, I know he loves me. He told me.

Just walked up to me and said, "I love you, Jessie," and winced like he was expecting a fan. What did I do?

I ran.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I ran like a Zubat out of the Home for Eternal Losers into the forest. With my diary.

How stupid was that?

I mean, I could have told him, I could have said, "Oh my GOD I love you too!" or just thrown my arms around his neck and kissed him or done *something*! But noooooo… I had to grab my *diary* and run away from him. Poor guy, I probably broke his heart.

Is there still time to reverse things?

-Jessie

~*~

Jessie closed her diary and sighed. She looked toward the direction of camp, stood up, and, gathering all her courage and nerve, walked toward it.

"James?"

"Jessie? Are you OK? You kinda, just…"

James was cut off by Jessie grabbing him by the shoulders and laying a kiss on his rather shocked lips. She held him there for a second or ten, then released him. He stared for a minute, then said, "Uh… what was that for?"

"I love you too, James. I should have told you when you…" Jessie trailed off when she noticed the confused expression on James' face. "What is it?"

"I didn't tell you anything…"

Jessie thought for a moment. It was then that she realized her mistake:

She had fallen asleep.

"Oh, God…" she thought, "The whole thing was a dream!"

Her face turned ten shades darker than her hair and she did something she hadn't done in 13 years. She stuttered. "I… uh, t-that is… u-um… I thought…" she managed a nervous laugh.

But James was smiling. SMILING! "That's fine, Jessie. I don't care!" He stepped forward and put his arms around her waist. "You just saved me the trouble of confessing!" With that, he brought his head down and touched his lips to hers.

~*~

Later that night, Jessie sat up, unable to sleep. She looked at James, sleeping by her side, a childish smile on his face. But Jessie felt uneasy. There was something she needed to do. She got up, rummaged through her bag, and pulled out her diary. She got a light-pen, opened the book, and made a three-word entry:

~*~

Dear Diary,

I luv James.

~*~

The End

~*~

OK, so this was just getting me out of Writers' Block. Sue me! Wait, don't, I don't own any of these characters. Anyways, it was just a little "I'm out of Writers' Block" thing. Ja ne!