Lemons & Limes
WRITTEN BY: Star Rocket

Lemons & Limes

(Cassidy's Tale)

I look over at him. He snores. Not noticing my affection, nor my regrets. I am pained, pined by my own silence. He sleeps. While he is peaceful, I am disturbed. When he is resting, I am wishing. While he sleeps, I sigh. Unnoticed is my love. Unresting is my heart. He and I fit! It's in our minds! Our hearts! Our souls! We belong together! We must be together!
In my mind, I dread. I dread the day when Butch leaves this Earth. I dread the day when the Boss takes him. I dread the day he says no.
I look over once more. He mumbles in his slumber. What's that? I could've sworn I heard my name. No, just thinking of revenge by the sound of it. I cry. I am a lemon. My secret love is squeezing the juice out of me. Lemons need juice to survive. No one wants a lemon if it is not juicy when you bite it.
There is one way a lemon can continue without juice. And that way is if you mix lemon and lime juice together. Butch is a lime. Together, we are sweet. Citrus is the name we share. Where do I get lemon and lime? Our appearance. My hair is yellow, the shade of a lemon's skin. His green hair color is that of a lime's.
Another reason is that separately, and without sugar, we are bitter. Love is sugar. Add sugar to me, and I am sweet. He is the same. Add a sweet me to a sweet him, and we are delicious. We belong together. We are soulmates! We are! It's meant to be! He is for me. I am for him. We are together in my dreams, and hopefully in my future.
Our names fit, too. Butch was made for Cassidy. Oh, how I love my lime. Though his voice is bitter to the ear, it is warmth to my heart. Lime is special, therefore Lemon cares for him. Butch, love, citrus, sugar. So many words! I do not want words! I want Lime! He is my heart.
I dry my tears when I hear the sound of a lime. He calls my name, and I call his. He takes my hand, I feel sugar. He must feel it too. He tells me he has something for me. Could it be the sweet combination of citrus fruit? I had the sugar. Did he? He pulls out a green box. It is velvet. He hands it to me. This is where he has hidden his sugar. I feel the box open in my palm. I cry out in delight as I see the results of lemon and lime mixed with sugar. I take out the ring, fingering the gold band and lovely purple stone. The stone was the same color as my eyes. The gold was the same as my hair. This small gift was me! My eyes, my hair, and best of all, it was sugar from my lime. He slides the ring onto my finger, asking for my love the rest of our lives. I nod. He hugs me, and I cry. This time, my juice is shed with lime juice too. He touches my lips with his. I kiss back, my heat finally at rest. Lemon and Lime are together at last.

Cassidy

That was my first ever Butch and Cassidy fanfic. I hope you liked it.
Please visit my website at
http://www.homestead.com/rocketshideout/rocketshipper.html
Thank you for reading my fic!

Star