A Strong Love
By: Samantha (Crzyrocket@aol.com)

Disclaimer: Team Rocket isn't even close to belonging to me. Neither does Pokémon. I don't even want to own Ash so I guess I don't need a disclaimer for him. The song at the end, 'I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' is owned by Aerosmith. I don't own it, but I like it. It's really sweet.

Rating: Um....I ain't good at this so maybe um....maybe from G to PG

Summary: Jess gets in an accident and it brings her and James closer.

***********************************************************************

"Hand over the yellow rat, you stupid brat!!" Jessie demanded, her arms crossed. James stood behind her and nodded.

"Hah! Jessie's a poet, I didn't know it!" Ash remarked, a smirk on his face. "Well, you'll never get Pikachu. He's my friend and I'll never give him to you or anyone!!" Jessie and James advanced closer to Ash. The young Pokémon trainer pulled out a Pokéball and threw it into the air.

"Pokéball, GOOOO!!" he yelled. From the ball emerged a large dragon-like creature. Through it's nose, it breathed fire and its eyes shimmered with evil. With a roar it yelled its name. "Charrr...." Jessie and James were stunned. Charizard? The Pokémon that never listened to anyone and yet, Ash still had chosen it.

"Charizard, combine your flamethrower with Pikachu's thundershock and blow Team Rocket away!!" the brat yelled. Both Pokémon obeyed and a combination of fire and electricity flew towards Team Rocket. They ran for their lives. The combination of fire and electricity just missed James and Meowth but hit Jessie head on.

She was thrown through the air and landed on the pavement. She moaned for a minute and then was completely still. "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" James yelled as he and Meowth ran to Jessie's fallen body. She was a terrible mess.

On the right side of her head was a deep gnash. Cuts and bruises covered her worn body. Her uniform was all cut up. James put his head on her chest, listening for a heartbeat. Relief spread over him as he heard a soft but steady heartbeat. But she was not breathing. He picked her up carefully and ran to their Jeep. Meowth followed close behind.

Ash watched for a minute but then returned to his Pokémon. "Looks like another victory for Ash the soon-to-be Pokémon Master! Team Rocket. Ha! What a bunch of losers!"

After placing Jessie carefully in the backseat, James sped off to the nearest hospital. Meowth sat in the backseat tending to some of Jessie's wounds. The Jeep skidded to stop in front of the hospital. He lifted Jessie from the back and ran through the doors of the hospital.

"Please, I need a doctor fast!!" James said pleadingly to the receptionist. She nodded and called for a doctor. Seconds later, a young doctor about the age of twenty-five ran towards them pushing a bed in front of him. James carefully lay Jessie on the bed and in a minute, she and the doctor disappeared into intensive care.

James stood pacing in front of the room, waiting for some kind of sign that would tell him Jessie was alright. Hours passed and there was still no sign. Meowth walked up to James. "She's gonna be okay, don't ya worry." Meowth said trying to comfort James.

James leaned against the wall and slowly fell into a sitting position. "Oh, God..." he whispered softly, his face buried in his hands. Tears began running down his face. His body shook as he sat crying like a little boy. Meowth ran to his side to comfort him but it was no use. Nothing could stop his tears. "Oh, Jessie...Please be alright. I love you so much, please don't leave me. Not now..." James murmured between sobs. He eventually cried himself to sleep.

The doctor came out of the room early the next morning. He saw James and Meowth asleep next to the door of the intensive care room and automatically felt sorry for both of them. James lifted his head and stood up slowly, facing the doctor. "How is she?" James asked quietly, almost afraid to hear the answer.

"Well, the condition she's in is better than the one she was in yesterday. But, her heartbeat is very faint some times, and she's having troulbe breathing. The gnash in her head is very serious. I've done the best I can, the rest is up to her." The doctor finished and looked up at James. His usual twinkling green eyes were now full of sadness. "Thank you...for taking care of her doctor." he said softly. The doctor nodded. "Please call me Jon. I'm very sorry this happened." Jon turned and walked to the nurse to give her a full report.

James turned and stared at the door of Jessie's room. Jessie, his Jessie, was inside that room, fighting for her life and here he was, crying like a baby. Jessie wouldn't have wanted him to do that. She would have probably to slapped him, and then tell him to 'get a hold of yourself, James'. He sighed. He missed her even more know and thinking of her made it even worse.

A few days later, Jessie was moved to another room. This room was isolated and had a large window in front. Looking through the window, James saw the body of his partner, his friend. Her body was hooked to various machines. Her skin was a deathly white. There was almost no sign of life in her. It broke his heart to see her like this, vulnerable to almost the smallest things. At that moment, the only thing that mattered to James was the life of his beloved, Jessie.

"Please get better soon Jessie. I can't live like this..." he whispered softly. A few weeks later, there was still no change. Jon had tried everything to help but nothing worked. James would spend the whole day, watching Jessie. Praying for her. He would only leave to eat but then would always go back to watch. It was as if an invisible force drew him to her. Yet, there was an invisible force, love.

Weeks later, Jessie's condition seemed to improve and James was allowed to go in and visit her. "Oh, Jessie. I've missed you for so long..." James whispered softly, holding her hand tightly in his own. His other hand reached out to caress her pale cheek. Grief overcame him as he saw her state up close. She was even paler than before. Her eyes were closed and her once flame-like hair was now spread around her limply. Yet, there was still something, something that was still alive and struggling to free itself. James could see this something and it gave him hope. He bent down and kissed her softly.

He spent the rest of the afternoon by her side, holding onto her hand. Almost afraid that if he let go, she would disappear. That night, just before he went to sleep, James prayed. It was the very first time he had ever done soemthing like that, but it was important.

"Please God, I'm only asking for this one thing. Nothing else. Please make Jessie better. I can't live without her. We've been through so much together...Pokémon Tech...the Bike Gang...Jezebel...and the prehistoric Pokémon. We've gotten through them somehow. We've never been apart. I need her in my life. My life will be empty without her in it. Please...please help her get through this. Thank you..."

He finished and automatically fell asleep, his hands still tightly holding onto Jessie's. As he slept, a shimmering figure appeared above him and Jessie.

Wavy golden hair spilled around her head. She wore a white, flowy robe. Her face was soft and she was surrounded by a glowing light. She opened her mouth and spoke softly. "Jessie, James you have suffered enough. You have gone through a very rough life. There is something very special between the two of you that have helped you through life and it will help you in the future. It is love and I have seen much love between the two of you. May your life be full of happiness from now on..." She spread her hands. A bright light surrounded Jessie and James. "Your prayers have answered..." the angel whispered and disappeared.

James awoke shortly after. He had the strangest dream. With an angel. An angel who came and had helped him and Jessie. He looked over at Jessie. She looked better, healthier than before. Perhaps it wasn't a dream. Maybe it had really happened.

"James?" a soft voice whispered. No doubt about it, only one person's voice sound like that. Jessie. His Jessie. "Jessie!" James whispered her name softly and looked at her face. Her blue sapphire eyes fluttered open and she smiled softly. "Oh, Jessie..." James whispered, tears of happiness ran down his face as he hugged her tightly. She reached up to brush his tears away. Her touch felt so soft and he felt like he was in heaven. Jon walked in minutes later to see, not only Jessie very much alive, but also kissing James. Jon smiled and decided to leave them alone for a while.

The very next day, Jessie was released from the hospital. No one could figure out the reason for Jessie's quick recovery but no one really cared. As far as Jessie and James were concerned, the only thing that mattered was the two of them. They walked out of the hospital together. They got into the Jeep quietly and left the hospital. Jessie lay her head against James' shoulder and closed her eyes. James smiled. The Jeep drove along the almost empty road, while a song played softly over the radio.

"I could stay lost in this moment forever, every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure..."

Epilouge

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." the minister ended, smiling at the couple. James turned to face Jessie and slowly lifted the veil from her face. He bent down and kissed her softly. They turned and walked down the aisle hand in hand while the guests stood and applauded.

The newlyweds walked out of the church and got into the black limousine parked outside. They drove off, waving out the window of the limo. Althoughtheir pasts had been rough, they had finally found true happiness in their lives.