The Best Reason
By: Samantha (CrzyRocket@aol.com)

Disclaimer: Don't own them, but if whoever does own them decides that they don't want to anymore, I'll take them.

Rating: G-ish

**********************************************************************

~ Jessie ~

Why? Why do I hug him when I'm scared? I'm a grown woman, I should be able to take care of myself. Shouldn't I? But yet, I still hug him in fear. Why? The answer is very simple. I like him. No, not like. I love him. I love him so much. Yet, I'm too scared to tell him. I hug him because I need him. I need someone to protect me. He's the one that does that. I can hear his heartbeat when he holds me close and it calms me. His arms around me, protecting me from harm. I feel safe when I'm close to him. Even though I act tough, I'm really a scared child inside, seeking protection. That's what a girl needs. A boy who will protect her, tell her that everything'll be okay. He may not say that out loud but I know he feels it. He may not love me the same way I love him but he knows that he's the one who will protect me. He's all I ever had. I wouldn't be able to live without him

~ James ~

Why? Why is it every time she's scared, I hug her, wrap my arms around her. It's my job, but I don't have to. But I do. Because I love her. With all my heart. I want to comfort her when's she's scared. I want to hear her heartbeat, I want to hear her breathe. It's not because I have to do it, it's because I want to. I want to hold her close to me. I want to protect her from her fears. I want to put my arms around her and fell her slowly calm down because I'm there. And when she's calm, I'm calm. When she's happy, I'm happy. When she's sad, I'm sad. She's a part of me. Without her, I would be empty.

~ Jessie ~

He's sitting right next to me. I can feel his closeness, I can feel his warmth. I sneak a glance at him. He's too handsome for words. Lavenderish hair up to his chin and that one strand that falls in his eyes. His eyes. An emerald green color. And his perfect body. Everything fits him perfectly. He's deep in thought and looks so cute when he's thinking. I wonder what he's thinking about.

~ James ~

She's right next to me. She's thinking about something. Something important. I wish I knew what. But I know what I was thinking about. Her. Words can't describe how beautiful she is. Raspberry colored hair, so long and luxurous. Any guy would want to run their hand through it. And those eyes. A deep sapphire blue. The kind someone could look into and get lost. I want to look into them forever. And her body...God was she gorgeous. She had a perfect figure. Everything about her was perfect. I can't hold it in any longer. I have to tell her. I need to tell her.

~ Jessie ~

I'm still sitting here when James wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap. His arms wrap around my waist tightly and he whispers into my ear, "Jessie, I love you." I'm shocked. He loved me? It couldn't be but it was true. He loved me and I loved him back. I turn to tell him that I loved him but instead, I kiss him.

~ James ~

Completely surprised. That's what I was when she kissed me. Her lips were so soft and I kissed her back. Heaven. I was definitely in heaven. Breaking apart, we both smile at each other. She wraps her arms abound my neck and leans her head against my shoulder. We were hugging again, except this time it wasn't because of fear. It was because of love.

~ Jessie ~

I love you James...

~ James ~

I love you Jessie...