***Webmaster's disclaimer: Digimon does not belong to Pyromon. This story does, though. If you want to post it on your site, e-mail Pyromon. Just click on "Pyromon" on the fanfiction page. Thank you.

The New Digimon Chapter 7: The Legion of the Digi-Stone

“Greetings, this is Izzy. We had come up to this town, where we believed that my new Digimon partner would be. But when we got there, we encountered Mammothmon. Dragimon and Tigramon both went in to attack, but was no match for him. Then Mammothmon grabbed Gatomon, and was starting to get even with her for betraying Myotismon, when Kari’s crest began to glow, and she digivolved into Angewomon. Tigramon then digivolved into Sabertoothedtigramon, and together they were able to defeat Mammothmon. We then pressed forward, and found a coliseum, that apparently housed Digimon fights. Inside, we met up with a Digimon named Torusmon, who was one of the combatants. He left, so that he and his partner, Giantmon could do battle with of all Digimon, Electrokabuterimon another form of my Kabuterimon. But before the battle could begin black gears hit both Electrokabuterimon and Giantmon. We quickly went into action, and that was when I found out that Torusmon was my new Digimon partner. He and Gatomon took on the two Digimon, but not before I was able to help him digivolve to Toromon with my computer. Gatomon once again digivolved into Angewomon, and used her Heaven’s Charm attack to give Toromon the energy that he needed to digivolve to Minitarmon, and together they were able to destroy the gears. Hoofmon, Torusmon’s in-training form, decided to join us in our quest. We are now headed to meet up with Matt and the others, and return to Rexmon’s castle.”

******

“Finally.” Mimi said, as they reached the meeting place. She then set Sproutmon down on the ground, and took a seat on a nearby rock.

Matt walked up to her, “Don’t get too comfortable, Mimi. Tai and his group could be here at any moment.” He told her.

Just then, Tai, Sora, Izzy, Kari, Pyromon, Gatomon, and two other Digimon, both in their in-training forms, came down the other path. “Actually, Matt, we are back, and boy, are we all famished.”

Matt smiled, “Hey Tai, who are the two Digimon with Sora and Izzy?” he asked, as he saw that Sora and Izzy both were carrying a Digimon.

“I guess that you don’t recognize me in this form Matt.” Puffmon said, “The last time you saw me, I was Purrmon. But you can just call me Puffmon.”

Matt looked at Puffmon for a moment, and then turned to Tai, “I guess that you had a little adventure while searching for Izzy’s new Digimon.”

“Yeah,” Tai said, as he saw Newmon and Sproutmon, “I guess that you had one too.”

Matt looked back at Mimi and Joe, and their Digimon partners. “Yeah, I guess that we did.”

Just then, a nearby boulder opened up, and a hologram projector came out of it. Gennai then appeared over top of it. “Greetings, I see that you all have your new partners, and I will assume that you will be headed back soon.”

Izzy stepped up to the projector, “We have indeed. I surmise that we will be headed home as soon as we can get our new Digimon to digivolve back into their Rookie forms.”

“Well then,” Gennai began, “you had better hurry up, Rexmon has captured Leomon, and has him locked up in his prison.”

“What!” Tai said in shock. “I hope that you have some good news.”

Gennai looked at him, “In fact I do, but that will be a surprise for when you get back to my place. I will be waiting.” Gennai then disappeared, and the boulder that had hid it, once again covered the projector.

“Well, that was really cryptic.” Sora said.

“So what now?” Kari asked.

Tai thought it over. He then looked up at the sky, and saw that it was starting to get dark. “Well, first off, we will make camp here tonight. Matt, Sora, and Kari will set up camp, with Puffmon and Noblemon’s help.” Tai then turned to Joe and Mimi, “You two will lead the group to gather food. Take Gatomon with you, she can keep an eye out for danger.” He then turned to Izzy and T.K., “Izzy, T.K., Patamon, Hoofmon, Pyromon, and myself will search for wood for the fire.” And everyone went off to do his or her jobs.

******

Several hours later night had fallen, and the light of the fire was all that could be seen. The children and their Digimon had finished eating, as well as telling the stories about how they found Hoofmon and Sproutmon. “So you guys were also attacked by Digimon that we had already defeated?” Tai asked.

“Yeah.” Matt responded.

“Interesting.” Izzy said. Everyone looked at him.

“What do you mean Izzy?” Joe asked.

Izzy appeared to be thinking for a moment, “I believe that these monsters that we have encountered are not just a random occurrence. I believe that somebody has mobilized them to act against us in this manner.”

“How do you figure that?” T.K. asked.

“If you recall, Raremon said that Rexmon had sent him to the valley that we found Noblemon in.” Izzy began, “So, I believe that it is safe to say that Raremon, Digitamamon, Skullmeramon, and Mammothmon were all sent out to find and destroy us by another Digimon that has somehow brought them all together.”

“Could it be Rexmon?” Kari asked.

“I doubt it, Kari,” Izzy said, “though Rexmon would like nothing better than to defeat us, he has been to preoccupied with finding us, and stopping us from completing our quest to organize all of these Digimon together.”

“Then who could it be?” Sora asked.

“I could not even fathom a answer to that question without more data.” Izzy said, “But I would suggest that we leave for Gennai’s first thing in the morning, by the fastest mean possible.”

“And what would that be?” Matt asked.

“Flying, of course. We will have Pyromon and Noblemon digivolve to Dragimon and Griffimon, and fly us back to the lake.” Izzy said.

The rest of the group agreed to this plan, and after they decided who all would be standing guard for the night, they put out the fire, and went to sleep.

******

Rexmon’s castle was dark and forbidding. Rexmon stood on his balcony that looked out over the Digital World. He heard a rustling behind him, and looked back to see the Digimon that he had hoped would bring the destruction of the Digi-destined and their new Digimon partners. “You have failed me again.” He said without even turning around to look at the Digimon.

“I do realize that.” The Digimon said, “But it was not a complete loss. We know that they will be headed back here. I would suspect that they stopped somewhere for the night. I have sent in another Digimon that has fought them before.”

Rexmon turned around to face the other Digimon, “And what if that Digimon fails as well?”

The Digimon looked at Rexmon, and appeared to be thinking about it. “They will eventually return to the lake where Gennai lives, so I will have a little surprise waiting there for them.” The Digimon then began to laugh, as Rexmon turned around, and looked back out at what would be him kingdom.

******

The voices of Cockatrimon, Demidevimon, and Ogremon had passed by the hole again. Biyomon and Gabumon both looked at each other. When the voices had disappeared, Gabumon was the first to speak, “I don’t know how much longer it will be before they notice that hole that we came though.”

“I hope that it won’t be for a while Gabumon, because I don’t think that we have the strength to battle with them anyway. We have not eaten a good meal since we first got to the cave.”

Gabumon looked at her, “I know Biyomon, but we have to hold out for just while longer. I can’t explain it, but I know that Matt is on the way back even as we speak.”

“Your right Gabumon, I feel the same was about Sora.” Biyomon said.

“Then we must hold out for just a few more days.” Gabumon said.

Biyomon looked away, ‘Please hurry Sora, and return.’ She thought, as a tear formed in her eyes.

******

‘Please hurry Sora, and return’ the voice sounded in her head. Sora immediately sat up. This woke Puffmon up, and she looked up at Sora. “Sora, what is it?” the Digimon asked.

“I don’t know.” Sora said, as she placed one of her hands on her head.

Tai who was on guard duty, walked up to her, and laid a hand on her shoulder. “What happened?”

Sora looked up at Tai, he saw that tears had formed in her eyes, “Tai, I think that somehow I just heard Biyomon.”

“What?” Tai asked more than a little confused.

“Just a few seconds ago, I heard in my head Biyomon say, ‘Please hurry Sora, and return’.” Sora said. “She sounded like she was more than a little weak, and scared.”

Tai was about to take Sora into his arms, but then there was a streak that passed between them, knocking Tai and Sora back. They both looked up, and saw Phantomon floating near to them, surrounded by several Bakemon. “Oh, I am sorry, am I interrupting something?”

“Phantomon!” Sora said.

“Oh no. Sora, tell the others, quick.” Just then Pyromon landed next to Tai. “We will hold off these jokers.” Tai said, as Sora and Puffmon took off running for the others.

Sora and Puffmon did not get half way, when two Bakemon blocked her path. “Get her.” One of them said. Puffmon then began to glow.

“Puffmon digivolve to………..Purrmon!”

“Sora go, I will hold them off.” Purrmon said, as she took to the sky, circling around behind the Bakemon and then flying head first into them.

Sora ran up to the others, “Wake up everyone!” she shouted, just as a Bakemon floated up behind her.

Matt sat up, just in time to see the ghost Digimon, “Sora look out!” Sora ducked down, just as the spooks arms were about to wrap around her. Matt tuned to Noblemon, “Get in there Noblemon.”

“Laser Horns!” Noblemon shouted, as a blast came out of each horn, hitting the Bakemon. But by now, the Bakemon had completely surrounded the group. As the Bakemon surrounded them, the Digimon also began to wake up.

“Mimi!” Sproutmon shouted.

“Izzy, look out!” Hoofmon called.

“Joe, no!” Newmon shouted. Suddenly all three of them began to glow.

“Sproutmon digivolve to………..Ivymon!”

“Hoofmon digivolve to………..Torusmon!”

“Newmon digivolve to………..Leathermon!”

Ivymon, Torusmon, and Leathermon all stood between the Bakemon and their partners. “You want them, you will have to go through all of us.” Gatomon proclaimed taking a position in front of the other three Digimon.

******

“Shadow Scythe!” Phantomon shouted, as he brought his scythe down at Tai. But he was able to dodge the attack. Pyromon flew in fast and hard at the ghost Digimon.

“Fire Breath!” he shouted, as he released a fireball that the Digimon.

Patamon flew up behind Phantomon “Boom Bubble!” and he shot out a bubble of condensed air at him. This sent Phantomon flying back a little. T.K. then ran over to help Tai up.

“Are you ok Tai?” T.K. asked.

“Yeah, I’m alright.” Tai looked at Phantomon, “But he isn’t. Pyromon, NOW!”

“You got it, Tai.” Pyromon said, as he began to glow. “Pyromon digivolve to………..Dragimon!”

“Patamon, you too.” T.K. shouted.

Patamon nodded, and then began to glow. “Patamon digivolve to………..Angemon!”

“Oh no, not again.” Phantomon said, as he saw Angemon appear in front of him.

“Oh yes.” Angemon said. He then turned to Dragimon, “Shall we take this guy Dragimon?”

“Let’s do it, Angemon.” Dragimon responded.

******

“Lightning Claw!” Gatomon shouted, as she struck one of the Bakemon.

“Pollen Spray!” Ivymon yelled as she shot a sticky mist at another Bakemon.

Leathermon began to glow, “Leathermon digivolve to………...Alimon!” Alimon stood before his Bakemon, “Laser Disks!” He shouted, as three bright disks shot out, and hit the Bakemon.

“Super Charge!” Torusmon shouted, as he ran at full speed right into another Bakemon.

The Bakemon then began to run for their lives, “That did it,” Matt said, “now lets finish it.” He turned to Noblemon who already knew what to do.

“Noblemon digivolve to………..Griffimon!”

Griffimon flew up high, “Feather Launcher!” and he shot out several feathers that homed in on the Bakemon, and hit each one.

******

“Hand of Fate!” Angemon shouted.

“Lava Flame!” Dragimon followed.

Both attacks hit Phantomon, and he was thrown back against a nearby rock so hard that it left his impression in it. As Phantomon recovered from his encounter with the rock, he saw that the other Digimon had joined the party now. He also noticed that all of the Bakemon had run away, leaving him to fight the Digi-destined by himself. He looked back at the other Digimon, “Ah, can’t we talk this over, you will find that I can be a very reasonable ghost at times.”

“Everyone get ready.” Tai said.

“NO!” Phantomon shouted, as he started to float away as fast as he could.

When Phantomon was out of earshot, Tai turned back to the others, and smiled. “Good job everyone.” Tai then noticed that the sun had begun to come up. “Well, I guess that it is time for us to head back to Gennai’s.” Tai said, as Alimon reverted back to Leathermon.

“Then all aboard.” Dragimon said.

“Hold on.” Gatomon said. “Dragimon and Griffimon are not the only Digimon that can fly.” She then turned to Purrmon. “Are you ready Purrmon?”

“Lets do it.” Purrmon responded, and they both began to glow.

“Gatomon digivolve to………..Angewomon!”

“Purrmon digivolve to………..Tigramon!”

“Alright.” Tai said. He then turned back to the others. “Kari and T.K. will ride with Angemon and Angewomon. Matt you will take Joe and Leathermon on Griffimon. Sora you got Mimi and Ivymon on Tigramon. And Izzy and Torusmon will ride with me on Dragimon.” Everyone quickly got onto his or her Digimon, and all five Digimon took to the air.

******

Phantomon stood before Rexmon and the Digimon that had organized them all. “We did our best, but we were unable to stop them.”

“You incompetent fool.” The mysterious Digimon said, as he drew out what looked like a laser, and shot it at Phantomon. The beam ripped through the Digimon, and in its wake, left only the Scythe that Phantomon carried, which soon disappeared as well.

Rexmon turned to the Digimon that he had allied himself with, and looked at him. “When you first came to me, you told me that you and your group would handle the Digi-destined before they could find the 6 New Digimon. But instead, all that you have brought is failure. Give me one good reason why I should not do to you what you just did to Phantomon?”

Before the Digimon could speak, 2 Gazimon brought the mirror into the throne room. “A message from Demidevimon master Rexmon.” One of them reported.

They set up the mirror in front of the evil Digimon, and he looked into it. An image of Demidevimon appeared, standing behind him, were Cockatrimon and Ogremon. “What have you to report on the search for Tsunomon and Yokomon?”

Demidevimon made a gulping sound, “We have searched this cave from top to bottom several times, and have found no sign of them.”

“Then search again and again until you do find them.” Rexmon barked, as he waved his hand in front of the mirror, and the image disappeared. As the Gazimon took the mirror our of the throne room, Rexmon turned back to the other Digimon. “Now give me that reason.”

“Simply enough you still need me.” The Digimon said, “The Digi-destined are still out there, and are more than likely coming back to the lake to meet up with Gennai. I have already sent in 2 Digimon that will give them a nice welcome when they arrive there, as well as take care of that fool Gennai once and for all as well.”

“Good, I may just keep you around a little while longer then after all.” Rexmon said, an evil smile coming across his face.

******

The 5 Digimon flew in a formation that had Dragimon who carried Tai, Izzy, and Torusmon in the lead. Tigramon and Griffimon carrying Matt, Joe, Leathermon, Mimi, Ivymon, and Sora flew closely behind him. Bringing up the rear, were Angemon with T.K. and Angewomon with Kari. Tai had out him monocular, and was watching the area that spanned out before them. “How much longer do you think that it will be before we reach Gennai’s?” Tai asked Izzy.

“Not much longer Tai.” Izzy had his computer out, and was looking at the radar program that Gennai had put on it before they had left for the real world. “According to my radar, we should be setting down in a few minutes.”

Tai put the monocular back up to his eye, and looked again. “I see the lake.” He said with excitement in his voice. “Get ready to land Dragimon.”

“Right, Tai.” Dragimon responded. A few minutes later, the 5 Digimon landed in front of the lake. Gennai was standing on the shore waiting for them. After the Digi-destined had gotten off of the 5 Digimon, they all reverted back to their Rookie forms, except for Angewomon, who returned to her champion form. “It is about time that you got here.” Gennai said, as the 8 children and their Digimon approached, “I expected you five minutes ago.”

“Well, we ran into a problem or two before we left.” Tai said.

“Yeah, in the form of Phantomon and his Bakemon stooges.” Matt added.

“So where is this surprise that you have for us?” T.K. asked, his impatience getting the better of him.

“Well, if you will all come into the house, I will show you.” Gennai said, as he began to head for the edge of the water. Just then, a roar came out of nowhere, and 2 Digimon popped out of the water.

Joe immediately recognized both of them. “Oh no, it’s Megaseadramon and Gesomon.”

“Not again.” Tai said. He then looked back at the Digimon. “You guys need to digivolve right away.”

Pyromon looked at Tai, and then at the others. “Sorry Tai, but we are to weak to fight.”

“What do you mean?” Tai asked.

“It’s simple Tai,” Sora began, “they have not eaten yet today, and they used up what energy that they had fighting the Bakemon and flying us here.”

“Then what are we going to do?” Tai asked.

Megaseadramon looked at the children, “Well, how about if you all get destroyed.”

Heart Attack, with a blast!” Came a shout from out of nowhere. And suddenly several hearts floated at Megaseadramon, all of them exploded on impact.

“Lightning Blade! And fire!” Came another shout, and a blast hit Gesomon hard.

The children looked back and saw 7 Digimon standing behind them. “Monzamon!” Tai shouted.

“Andromon!” Izzy followed in.

“Look, its Meramon!” Sora followed.

“And there’s Centarumon!” Mimi added

“Piximon!” T.K. added.

“It’s Frigimon!” Joe added.

“And Mojamon!” Matt finished.

The 7 Digimon stood ready for battle. “You think that you can beat us,” Gesomon said, “well, think again, Coral Crusher!”

“And try my Thunder Javelin!” Megaseadramon shouted.

“Pixy Shield!” Piximon shouted, as the blasts came in, and bounced harmlessly off of the shield.

Frigimon ran up to the water, “Subzero Ice Punch!” he shouted, as he brought his fist down on the water, and the entire lake froze, trapping the 2 Digimon in it.

“Now everyone together.” Centarumon said, “Solar Ray!”

“Eye Beam Lasers!” Monzamon shouted.

“Lightning Blade!” Andromon added.

“Fireball!” Meramon added.

“Pixie Bomb!” Piximon put in.

“Ice Club!” Mojamon finished throwing his boomerang. All six attacks hit home, Megaseadramon and Gesomon feeling the full force of the attack. Shortly after impact, they both disappeared under the water.

The 7 Digimon walked up to the Digi-destined, “It is good to see you again my friends.” Centarumon said.

“And we are glad to see you guys,” Tai said, “but what are you doing here?”

“Well,” Gennai said, “if you will all come inside, all will be explained.”

******

Gesomon stood in the same spot that Phantomon had stood only a few hours before. “We would have had them, if not for those other 7 Digimon showing up.”

“What Digimon?” The mysterious Digimon asked.

“The group consisted of a Centarumon, a Frigimon, a Andromon, a Monzamon, a Meramon, a Mojamon, and a Piximon.” Gesomon said. “When all of them attacked, Megaseadramon and myself could not withstand the attack. I was barely able to make it back here myself.”

Rexmon stood up, and walked over to the weak Digimon. “Gesomon, I can understand, you were out gunned.” The Digimon nodded, and Rexmon placed an arm around his head. “But you were weak none the less.” Rexmon tightened his grip, and grabbed the other Digimon with his claw. “And I can not let any Digimon under my employ be weak.” Rexmon began to pump energy out of Gesomon.

“NO!” Gesomon screamed, as Rexmon pumped all of the energy out of him.

“Yes.” Rexmon said, as Gesomon reverted back to his Rookie form. A few seconds later, he was in his In-Training form, and then his Baby form, and finally, all that was left of him, was a Digi-egg. “Hopefully, when you hatch, you will turn out to be a better Digimon than you were before.” Rexmon then turned to the Digimon that stood in the shadows. “Those Digimon that he just rambled off, sound familiar to me.” He thought for a moment, “Of course, they are all Digimon from File Island.”

“From where?” The Digimon asked.

“File Island. That is were I learned the secrets of the Black Gears from Ogremon, and I also learned about the how to fight the Digi-destined.” Rexmon paused for a moment, “Those 7 Digimon that appeared to help the Digi-destined, are all Digimon that Devimon took control of with the black gears, and they were all saved by the Digi-destined.”

“That makes sense.” The Digimon said, “Leomon might have called for help from the island before he was captured.”

“Yes,” Rexmon said, “and I believe that I know were the first place that they will go will be.” He then signaled for the mirror.

“What are you doing?” The Digimon asked.

“I am going to tell Ogremon that he is about to have company.” Rexmon said.

******

After Gennai and the other Digimon had told the Digi-destined the story about why they had come to Server, and everyone had eaten, they had decided to go to the Ice Caves, where Leomon had set up his HQ. Centarumon, Monzamon, and Meramon had come with them. As they got closer to the cave, they became more and more careful. “OK,” Tai said to the others, “if Gennai was right, and Tsunomon and Yokomon are in this cave, then we have to find them.” He then turned to Matt and Sora. “Matt and Sora are defiantly going o be part of this group, as well as Noblemon and Purrmon, as will I and Pyromon. I need one more volunteer to go in with us.”

Izzy spoke up, “I had better be in this group to. The radar program that Gennai put on my computer could come in handy.”

“Ok Izzy, you and Torusmon are in.” Tai then turned to the rest of the group. “The rest of you will be I charge of a diversion. Keep Rexmon’s goons off of us long enough to get Tsunomon and Yokomon out of the cave.”

“Count on it, Tai.” Joe said.

Kari walked up to her brother, “Be careful, Tai.”

“Don’t worry Kari, I will be.” He then gave her a little hug, and his group headed off to go for the cave and the others to begin the diversion.

******

“Laser Disks!” Came a shout from several hundred yards away. And three glowing disks shot out from there, and hit the ground near to where several Digimon were camped.

“Solar Ray!” Came another shout, and a ball of light hit near to where the disks had just hit.

“Fire Ball!” Came yet another shout, and a ball of fire hit in the same area.

“Leaf Blade!” And out of nowhere several razor sharp leaves hit the ground.

“Heart Attack! With a blast!” And several hearts floated into the camp, and exploded.

Ogremon walked out of the cave, closely followed by Cockatrimon and Demidevimon. “It has begun.” Cockatrimon said, as he took off running with Ogremon. Demidevimon was about to follow them, when he spotted something out of the corner of his eye.

******

When the 3 Digimon left the cave, Tai and the rest of his group made a break for the entrance. But unknown to them, Demidevimon had spotted them, and was following them into the cave.

Once inside of the cave, Izzy quickly pulled out his computer, and switched it on. Almost immediately, he began to pick up a signal. “This way.” He pointed out. The group all ran down the passage, until they had come up to a large chamber.

“Which way now, Izzy?” Matt asked.

“According to the Radar, we should be right near to them.” Izzy began to type something in, and that was when Sora began to hear something. “It will just take me a nano to figure this out.” Izzy said.

But Sora did not hear anything that her friend had just said. Tai watched as she walked over to a nearby wall, and placed her hand on it. He walked up to her, “What is it Sora?” he asked.

“I thought that I had heard something around the area of this wall.” Sora said.

“Sora!” Came a muffled shout through the wall.

“Biyomon.” Sora said softly. She then turned to back to Tai, “Tai, they are behind this wall.”

“Are you sure?” Tai asked.

“There is only one way to find out.” Torusmon said, “Stand back.”

Sora looked at Torusmon, “Biyomon, Gabumon, get away from the wall.”

Tai and Sora then stepped off to the side, to give Torusmon the room that he needed. “Super Charge!” Torusmon shouted, as he took off running right at the wall. He hit the wall with enough force to make it crack up, but not much more.

“Let me try now.” Purrmon said. She backed up, and began to run at the wall. At about half way, she jumped up, “Tail Slash!” She shouted, as her tail began to glow, and it hit the wall. It cracked some more, but still not enough to break it down.

“You guys are doing it the hard way.” Noblemon said, as he stepped up to the wall, “Laser Horns!” And a beam of light came out of each of his horns, and hit the wall, and that was it, as the wall came crumpling down, reviling behind it, Gabumon and Biyomon, as well as something that made all of the other Digimon gasp in ah.

“The Digi-Stone.” Pyromon said.

“The what?” Matt asked, kneeling next to Gabumon.

“The Digi-Stone.” Pyromon repeated, “It is said that it is the remains of the most powerful Digimon that ever existed.” Pyromon took a moment to remember the legion. “A long time ago, a Digimon known as Creekmon learned how to advance his evolution to one beyond the Ultimate level.”

“You mean the Mega level?” Izzy asked.

“Yes, the Mega level.” Pyromon confirmed. “Anyway, he was in a great battle with many evil Digimon. Even though he defeated them, he was badly hurt, and knew that he would soon leave this existence. So he called together several of the most honorable and trustworthy Digimon that he could think of. When they all arrived, he told them that his time was short, and that he was going to pass his power to them. Each of those Digimon were advanced to their Ultimate level, but Creekmon had so much energy that when he passed away, the stone that he was resting on, absorbed the power that was left. The stone was later found out to be able to give any Digimon that touched it the power needed to digivolve to their next level.” Pyromon paused for a moment, “Several years after Creekmon passed away, the Digi-Stone disappeared. And until this day, nobody ever knew what happened to it.”

Biyomon looked up, “When we found the stone, Gabumon and I used it to digivolve back to our Rookie forms.”

“We knew that we had to protect it from the evil Digimon.” Gabumon said.

Just then, there was an explosion that was so intense that it knocked dirt and pebbles from the ceiling. “We have to get out of here.” Tai said, and everyone began to move, except for Izzy, who picked up some pieces that had fallen off the Digi-Stone, and tucked them away in his pocket. He then took off to catch up with the others.

After Izzy had left, Demidevimon flew down, and grabbed three pieces of the stone as well, and then flew away.

******

At the entrance to the cave, Alimon, Centarumon, Monzamon, Meramon, and Rosemon were fighting the evil Digimon that had come against them. Torusmon lead the group, as they came out of the cave, and right into a group of Bakemon that had gathered to keep anyone out of the cave.

The Bakemon saw the group that had come out of the cave, and were now floating towards them. “Time to digivolve guys.” Tai told Pyromon, Purrmon, Torusmon, and Noblemon. They all nodded, and began to glow.

“Pyromon digivolve to………..Dragimon!”

“Purrmon digivolve to………..Tigramon!”

“Noblemon digivolve to………..Griffimon!”

“Torusmon digivolve to………..Toromon!”

The Bakemon quickly backed off, as the 4 Champion Digimon stood before them. “Hyper Charge!” Toromon shouted, as he ran right through the Bakemon, clearing a path for the children and other Digimon to follow. He then ran headfirst into Cockatrimon and Ogremon, who were taken completely off guard, and then disappeared into the forest. Soon enough, all of the other Digimon and the Digi-destined had disappeared into the forest as well.

******

A short time later, everyone was at Gennai’s home, eating. Gabumon and Biyomon had told the story of how they had escaped from Rexmon’s dungeon, only to meet up with Ninjimon. And then how Ogremon had found the hideout. Then they told how they found the Digi-Stone, and how they had sworn to protect it until the their friends had returned. And then how they had learned that Leomon had been turned into a stone statue by Cockatrimon.

Tai slapped his hands down on the table, “The time has come for us to strike back at Rexmon.”

“I agree.” Matt said, “It’s time for the final battle, with Rexmon.”

“Not to mention that Agumon, Tentomon, Gomamon, and Palmon are still being held in his dungeon.” Sora added.

“And let’s not forget about Leomon.” Kari added.

“Then it is time for action.” Tai said, “We need to attack Rexmon’s castle, just like Leomon intended to do in the beginning.”

“Do you have a plan?” Gatomon asked.

“I do indeed, and it will take every one of us to pull it off. Are you all in?”

“Count me in Tai.” Matt said, and both Noblemon and Gabumon nodded as well.

“Biyomon, Purrmon and I are in.” Sora said.

“You can count on me and Leathermon.” Joe said.

“We’re in too.” Mimi said, with Ivymon agreeing.

“You can count on us, Tai.” Kari said.

“Torusmon and I are in as well.” Izzy put in.

“And of course Patamon and myself are in as well.” T.K. finished.

Smiling, Tai turned to the other Digimon that were there. “And what about you guys, are you in?”

Centarumon stood up, “I believe that I speak for all of us here, when I say that we believe in you kids, and will help out in any way that we can.” The other Digimon all agreed.

“Good then, tomorrow we attack Rexmon’s castle, and end this once and for all.” Tai said.

******

Demidevimon stood by the bodies of the 2 fallen Digimon, and smiled. “Soon my servants, you will rise again, and the Digi-destined and their Digimon will know once again, what true power really is.” The small Digimon then looked at the three stones that he had picked up in the cave earlier that day, and placed on next to each Digimon. The stones began to glow, and both Digimon’s fingers began to move as well.

******

(T.K.) “It was totally awesome how we found Gabumon and Biyomon like we did. Whatever Tai has planned, will be big. But Patamon and me will be ready for it. I just hope that we do stop that creep Rexmon, because he is really scary.”

To Be Continued in Chapter 8: The Final Battle?

***Webmaster's Note: This has been edited for spelling and grammar, not content.


Chapter 8

Back to Fanfiction

Main Page ~ Character Index ~ Episode Guide ~ Fanfiction ~ My Digimon ~ Polls
Voting Booth ~ The Celestial Universe ~ Starlight Universe ~ Link to Me ~ Links ~ Credits

Email: digimonangel137@angelfire.com