***Webmaster's disclaimer: Digimon does not belong to Pyromon. This story does, though. If you want to post it on your site, e-mail Pyromon. Just click on "Pyromon" on the fanfiction page. Thank you.

The New Digimon Chapter 8: The Final Battle?

“Hey, this is T.K. We had finally met back up with Tai and his group, and had met Izzy’s new Digimon partner, Hoofmon. Then Phantomon and a bunch of Bakemon showed up, and tried to stop us from getting back to Gennai’s. Angemon then showed up, and stopped the Bakemon and Phantomon. We then all flew to Gennai’s, where we found seven Digimon that we had helped, except for Piximon, who helped us. We then rescued Gabumon and Biyomon from the Ice Caves, and are now getting ready to take on Rexmon and save the other Digimon.”

******

The group was all stuffed in the study room. Tai was leaning over a map of the area around Rexmon’s castle. “Ok,” Tai began, “the way that I figure it, we will need to split up again in order to rescue Agumon and the others.” Tai turned to Matt, “Matt, since you and Sora have Gabumon and Biyomon back, you will be part of the diversionary team. T.K. and Patamon will also be with you.”

“I don’t mean to put a downer on this thing Tai, but how will Matt and Sora be able to make two Digimon digivolve?” Mimi asked, and everyone looked at her in a strange way. “What? I was just asking a question?”

Izzy smiled at the remark, and then pulled out seven pieces of stone out of his pocket. All of the Digimon gasped in ah as they realized what the stones were from. “I picked up these pieces of the Digi-Stone just before we left the cave.” Izzy said, “Since then, I have talked extensively with both Centarumon and Gennai, and we have come up with a plan to use these fragments, to help us in this situation.”

“As you all know,” Centarumon spoke up, “I guarded the temple of the Digi-Vice back on File Island. And I was told long ago, the Digi-Vices were said to be built with pieces of the Digi-Stone.”

“So therefore,” Gennai began, “if each of you carry a piece of the Digi-Stone with you, not only will you be able to digivolve your new partners, but also your old ones as well, both into their Champion forms, as well as their Ultimate forms.”

“Well, now that we have that taken care of,” Tai began, “lets get to the part where we rescue the others.” Tai turned to Gatomon, “Gatomon, do you think that the castle is familiar enough that you could lead us to the dungeons?”

Gatomon nodded, “So long as the castle was rebuilt the exact same way that it was when I worked for Myotismon, I should be able to do it.”

“Good,” Tai said, “Then you and Kari will be with me, as will Izzy, Mimi, and Joe, and of course our new partners.”

“What about Leomon?” Monzamon asked, “How will we restore him to his old self?”

“Cockatrimon!” Sora said, everyone looked at her, “The last time that we faced him, he turned all the Digimon except for Biyomon and Palmon to stone. But when Togemon and Birdramon defeated him, they all turned back to normal.”

Tai stood up straight, “Good, then when Cockatrimon leaves the castle to fight somebody will have to take him out.” Tai thought for a moment, “Now we will definitely need some extra power for this battle. We need to take some food with us for Agumon and the others.”

“That won’t be necessary.” Gennai said, “I am currently working on something that will restore their strength to them 100%.”

“Good.” Tai said, “Now, let’s move on to other matters.” The group then went on to discuss the battle plan, and each kid or Digimon's responsibility in the battle ahead.

******

Agumon sat on the cold floor of Rexmon’s dungeon. He looked up at the statue of Leomon once again, “I really wish that you were back to normal right now Leomon, because we really need you.”

Just then the dungeon door swung open, and Rexmon walked in, tailed by Ogremon and Cockatrimon. Rexmon walked up to the statue, “I really like this statue. It says that not all Digimon are invincible just because their reputation says so.” Rexmon then walked up to Agumon, “So Agumon, have you thought about what I said earlier?”

Agumon looked up at the fully evolved Digimon, “We have thought about it Rexmon, and we have decided that our friends will come for us, and when they do, we will all make you sorry that you ever messed with us.” This brought cheers from the other 3 Digimon.

“You have had your chance to join me,” Rexmon said, “now you will rot in this dungeon for the rest of your lives, until you are deleted permanently.” Rexmon then turned, and walked out of the dungeon with his stooges in tow.

“Well said, Agumon.” Gomamon said.

“I really did not think that you had it in you.” Palmon commented.

“Where did you find the courage to say that to him?” Tentomon asked.

“I don’t know.” Agumon said, “It is as if Tai was with me, and I was drawing the courage from him.”

“You feel that Tai is close?” Gomamon asked, “I feel the same way about Joe.”

“As do I with Izzy.” Tentomon said.

“Yeah, I can feel Mimi as well.” Palmon said.

“Then they must be close if we can feel them.” Agumon tailed off, thinking back to Tsunomon and Yokomon still in the cave. “I just hope that they found Tsunomon and Yokomon before Rexmon’s goons did.”

“I am sure that they are still safe, considering that Ogremon is back, and we have not seen our friends yet.” Tentomon said.

“Well then, now all that we have to do is wait for Joe and the others to come and get us.” The other 3 Digimon all agreed with Gomamon.

******

The next morning, the entire group, including Gennai, had gathered on the shore of the lake. “Now does everyone know their part in the plan.”

Everyone nodded, and then Joe produced a couple of sets of two-way radios from his bag. “Hey I don’t have the Crest of Reliability for nothing.” He said, as he handed on to Matt, and the other to Sora.

Gennai then handed four bottles to Joe. “This concoction should restore the Digimon to full strength. Now be careful, this is all that I can make.”

“Don’t worry, we will.” Izzy assured Gennai, as the entire group headed out for Rexmon’s castle.

******

The castle looked even darker than it did the fist time that they were there. The 8 children, and their Digimon companions, moved in closer. “Ok,” Tai said, breaking the silence that had shrouded them in their journey so far, “It’s time that we split up.” Izzy reached into his pocket, and pulled out the pieces of the Digi-Stone, and handed a piece to Tai, Mimi, Sora, Joe, and finally, Matt, who all placed them in their own pockets. When everyone was ready, the group split up, to take care of they’re various activities.

******

Rexmon stood on his balcony, looking out over the Digiworld. The mysterious Digimon stepped up behind him. “Is something on your mind Rexmon?”

Rexmon did not even turn around to face the other Digimon. “No, now stop bothering me.”

“But I think that you should know that Demidevimon has disappeared.” The Digimon said.

Rexmon turned around, “What? Where could that little gnat be?”

“I could not say, but Cockatrimon said that he has been missing ever since the attack at the Ice Caves,” the Digimon said.

Rexmon was about to respond to that, when “Gattling Attack!” a shout came from below. Rexmon tuned to face back out, then two missiles just in time to see two missiles slam into the castle wall.

“Heart Attack, with a blast!” Came another shout from below, and suddenly several heart shaped bubbles floated up, and exploded on impact with the castle.

Rexmon turned back to the other Digimon, “Obviously, the Digi-destined are trying to free their friends.” The Digimon said.

“Obviously.” Rexmon responded, just as Ogremon and Cockatrimon ran into the room. “Mobilize the castle defenses, and prepare for an immediate counter attack.” Ogremon and Cockatrimon ran off to do as ordered, and Rexmon then noticed that the Digimon was headed for the door. “And where do you think that you are going?”

The Digimon turned around “I am going to guard the prisoners.” The Digimon said, and headed off again.

Rexmon turned around, and faced out again, just in time to see a ball of light slam into the castle wall.

******

With Gatomon leading the way, Tai knew that they were getting closer to the dungeons. They all turned a corner, and ran right into a group of Gazimon. “Look, intruders.” One of them shouted.

“Leave this to me.” Torusmon said, as he began to glow. “Torusmon digivolve to…Toromon!” As soon as the Gazimon saw Toromon, they all scattered in every direction. The group then continued their journey, and eventually came up to a door.

“This is the main dungeon room.” Gatomon said, “If Rexmon is anything like Myotismon, he would have placed them in here.”

“Then let’s get in.” Tai said. But just before he could reach the door, a laser blast streaked past him.

Everyone looked in the direction of the blast, and Izzy quickly recognized the Digimon that stood before him or her, “Vademon!” he exclaimed.

Vademon looked at Izzy, “That is correct, and you are still to curios for your own good young man. Now I am going to show you just why curiosity killed the cat.” Vademon began to laugh historically, and then fired his laser again.

******

“Noblemon digivolve to…Griffimon!”

“I hope that this works.” Matt said, as he touched the piece of the Digi-Stone to his Digi-Vice.

Suddenly, Gabumon began to glow. “Gabumon digivolve to…Garurumon!”

Matt through up both of his arms, “Yes it worked.” He then looked around, and brought both of his arms down, his face turning a little red.

Sora let out a little chuckle, and then turned to her own Digimon. “Ok you two, let’s do it.” Both Biyomon and Purrmon nodded, as Sora touched the Digi-Stone to her Digi-Vice.

“Biyomon digivolve to…Birdramon!”

“Purrmon digivolve to…Tigramon!”

T.K. looked at the 4 Digimon with an excited look on his face, “Ok Patamon, your turn.”

Patamon nodded, “Patamon digivolve to…Angemon!”

“Ok,” Matt shouted, “everyone fire at the castle.”

“Meteor Wing!” Birdramon shouted.

“Howling Blaster!” Garurumon followed.

“Feather Launcher!” Griffimon put in.

“Blue Fire!” Tigramon added.

“Hand of Fate!” Angemon finished.

All five attacks hit the castle, just as Ogremon lead a counter strike team out of the castle. Sora then noticed that Cockatrimon was with them. “Birdramon, Tigramon there’s Cockatrimon!”

“He’s ours.” Tigramon said, as the 2 Digimon swooped in to attack.

Birdramon dove into the group of Digimon that had come out of the castle, and grabbed Cockatrimon before he had a chance to get away. “Let me go you feather brain!” Cockatrimon shouted.

“As you wish.” Birdramon said, and then dropped the other Digimon.

“Not like that!” Cockatrimon shouted, as he fell to the ground, hitting it hard.

“Good, now finish him off.” Matt said. Garurumon and Griffimon responded to this.

“Howling Blaster!” Garurumon lead off.

“Feather Launcher!” Griffimon added.

Angemon flew in, “Hand of Fate!” All three attacks hit Cockatrimon, and an intense light appeared around him, and he vanished inside of it.

******

Agumon heard a cracking sound, and when he looked up, he saw that the statue of Leomon was starting to break up. Suddenly, the stone shattered all over the place, and there stood Leomon, back to normal. The large Digimon looked around in confusion, and then saw Agumon chained to the wall nearest to him. “Agumon what happened?” Leomon asked.

“It is a long story Leomon.” Agumon said.

“But that is best left for another time. Right now, I believe that we are needed.” Tentomon stated.

“How do you know?” Leomon asked.

“I don’t know,” Agumon said, “it is either the crests or hunger, or just paranoia, but I believe that Tai and the others are close by, and that they are in trouble.”

Leomon looked at the rookie Digimon, and then nodded. He walked over to where Agumon was chained tot he wall, “That is all that I need to know.” He said, as he yanked the chain right out of the wall. Leomon then proceeded to free Tentomon, then Palmon, and finally Gomamon. Once everyone was freed from his or her chains, Leomon turned to the dungeon door. “Now lets get out of here.” He then raised his hand up.

******

“Pyromon digivolve to…Dragimon!”

“Ivymon digivolve to…Rosemon!”

“Leathermon digivolve to...Alimon!”

“Gatomon digivolve to...Angewomon!”

The other 4 Digimon then joined Toromon, as he faced off against Vademon. “Do you really think that the five of you stand a chance against me?” Vademon then began to laugh, “Give me your best shot.”

“Fist of the Beast King!” Came a shout from the other side of the door. The door was blown off of its hinges, hitting Vademon, and then flattening him against the wall. Leomon then walked out of the dungeon, followed by Agumon, Tentomon, Palmon, and finally Gomamon.

“Leomon!” Kari exclaimed with joy.

“Agumon!” Tai shouted out.

“Tentomon!” Izzy stated.

“Palmon!” Mimi yelled.

“Gomamon!” Joe yelled, and all four children ran to their Digimon.

“Tai, is that you?” Agumon asked.

“Who else would have the courage to come here and save you guys,” Tai said.

Joe pulled the four bottles that Gennai had given them before they left out of his bag, and handed one to Tai, Mimi, and Izzy. He then took Gomamon in his arms, “Drink this, it will restore your strength.” Joe told his friend.

As Gomamon and the others drank the concoction that Gennai had wiped up, Vademon was trying to get the door of the dungeon off of him. “You Digi-destined will pay for this.” The Digimon said, as he finally succeeded in his task.

“I don’t think so!” Tai exclaimed, as he and the others pulled the pieces of the Digi-Stone out, and touched them to their Digi-Vices. Tai then turned to Agumon and the others. “Time to digivolve guys.” He told them.

Agumon nodded, “Lets do it, guys.” He said to the others, as they all began to glow. “Agumon digivolve to...Greymon!”

“Tentomon digivolve to...Kabuterimon!”

“Palmon digivolve to...Togemon!”

“Gomamon digivolve to...Ikkakumon!”

Vademon looked at the 4 champion Digimon, made a gulping sound, and then ran away as fast as he could.

“It is good to be back.” Greymon said. He then turned to Dragimon, “Dragimon, thank you for protecting Tai for me.”

“It was an honor, Greymon.” Dragimon responded.

“I would hate to break this up,” Angewomon said, “But there is still a battle going on outside.”

“You’re right, Angewomon,” Leomon said, “Let’s move troops.”

******

Matt pulled out his radio, “Tai, we could really use some help out here.” He said into the microphone.

There was static, and then Tai’s voice came through the speaker, “Mission completed, we have them. We are now on our way out. And be on the lookout for Vademon.”

Matt looked up, just in time to see the Digimon running from the castle. “I see him Tai, Garurumon, Griffimon and I are on our way.” Matt then clipped the radio to his belt, and took off to get Vademon, when suddenly the ground began to shake.

Tyrannomon then appeared, followed by another larger Tyrannomon. This one was all black, and was twice as large. Sora ran up to Matt, “Oh no, its Darktyrannomon, the evil form of Tyrannomon.”

“Then I guess that it is time to go Ultra.” Matt said, as his crest began to glow. Garurumon and Griffimon then began to glow as well.

“Garurumon digivolve to...Weregarurumon!”

“Griffimon digivolve to...Knightmon!”

Weregarurumon looked over at Knightmon, “So, who gets who”

“It does not matter to me Weregarurumon.” Knightmon said, “You can have DarkTyrannomon, I will take Tyrannomon. A battle is a battle to me.”

“Have it your way, Knightmon,” Weregarurumon said, as he jumped in at the larger Digimon.

******

“There it is,” Tai said, as the group approached the exit. But just before they reached it, Rexmon appeared, and blocked it off.

“You Digi-destined are beginning to become an annoyance.” Rexmon bellowed.

“Well, it has been a pleasure annoying you Rexmon.” Tai said, “But we really must be going now.” Tai then turned to the other Digimon, who all nodded back to him.

Greymon stepped up in front of Tai. “You want them, you will have to go through us.” And with that they other Digimon all gathered in front of the children.

“Do you really think that you can stand up to me?” Rexmon asked with a wicked smile crossing his face. “I would like to see you try.”

“Give it to him then.” Tai said.

“You got it, Tai,” Greymon said, “Nova Blast!”

“Lave Flame!” Dragimon followed.

“Harpoon Torpedo!” Ikkakumon shouted.

“Laser Disks!” Alimon followed.

“Get ready for my Needle Spray!” Togemon shouted out.

“And my Leaf Blade!” Rosemon came in with.

“Electro Shocker!” Kabuterimon shouted out.

“Fist of the Beast King!” Leomon put in.

“Celestial Arrow!” Angewomon finished.

All of the attacks hit Rexmon, but as the smoke and dusk cleared away, everyone could clearly see that all of that had not been enough to stop him. Toromon then got set up for his attack, “Hyper Charge!” he shouted, as he charged right at Rexmon, but just before he collided with the other Digimon, Rexmon grabbed his horns, and began to spin Toromon around, finally throwing him out of the castle all together.

“Who will be the next to taste my power?” Rexmon asked turning back to the rest of the group.

“Tai,” Izzy spoke up, “there is no way that they can battle a Ultimate form Digimon in their current forms.”

“Then it is time for them to go to the next level.” Tai exclaimed.

“But I don’t think that this cave is big enough for them.” Joe said. “What if we just have one of them digivolve. Then that Digimon along with Angewomon, could hold him off long enough to give us a chance to meet up with Matt, Sora, and T.K.”

“Ok, then who will digivolve?” Tai asked.

“That is obvious, Togemon is the logical choice, since Lillymon is one of the smaller fully evolved forms in our group.”

Tai thought this over, and then turned to Mimi, “Mimi, you need to get Togemon to digivolve to Lillymon.”

“All right.” Mimi said, “You heard him Togemon digivolve.”

“You got it Mimi.” Togemon said, as she began to glow, “Togemon digivolve to...Lillymon!” Lillymon hovered in front of everyone, “Ok Angewomon, lets get them out of here.”

“I’m with you Lillymon.” Angewomon said. “Celestial Arrow!” She shouted, as she shot another arrow at Rexmon.

“Flower Cannon!” Lillymon shouted.

Both attacks hit Rexmon, but barely fazed him. “Ok, now try my attack out, Hyper Beam!” Rexmon shouted, as an intense beam shot out at Lillymon and Angewomon.

******

Weregarurumon and Knightmon made short work of Tyrannomon and DarkTyrannomon. That is when Sora noticed that Tai and the others had not joined up with them yet. She ran over to Matt, “Matt, Tai and the others are not back yet.”

“I wonder where they could be?” T.K. asked. Suddenly there was a huge explosion, and they all looked towards the castle.

“I think that we just got our answer T.K.” Matt said to his brother. “Weregarurumon, Knightmon, get over here quick.”

******

Rexmon’s Hyper Beam was so powerful, that it knocked everyone over. When Izzy was knocked over, the last piece of the Digi-Stone fell out of his pocket, and landed a few feet away, right in front of Leomon. Rexmon began to advance to them, “Now I will finally be rid of you Digi-destined brats.” Rexmon prepared to attack again.

“Wolf Claw!” Weregarurumon shouted, as he sent out a blast of energy at they other Digimon.

Rexmon recovered from the attack, and turned to face Weregarurumon and Knightmon. “You think that will stop me. It just made me mad. Now it is your turn to taste my wrath. Hyper Beam!” And Rexmon sent out an intense beam on light.

“Leave this to me Weregarurumon.” Knightmon said, as he brought up his shield, “Shield Protector!” The powerful force field was put up just in time to protect them from the blast.

******

Leomon woke up, and saw the strange stone that was lying in front of him. Suddenly he realized what the stone was, and reached out to pick it up. He then stood up, and walked out to the battle.

******

“Your pathetic shield will not protect you forever.” Rexmon said in an informative voice.

“It won’t have to Rexmon.” Leomon said, as he stepped up behind the evil Digimon.

Rexmon looked at Leomon, and laughed. “And what are you going to do Leomon? You have no energy left to fight with.”

Leomon looked at Rexmon, “I may not have much energy left, but I do have this.” Leomon said, as he held up the piece of the Digi-Stone. “Now we shall see just how powerful you really are.” Leomon said, as he gripped the Digi-Stone in his hand. He then suddenly began to glow.

“NO!” Rexmon shouted.

Tai looked up at the intense glow, “Who’s that?” he asked.

“It’s Leomon, he’s digivolving.” Greymon told him.

“Leomon digivolve to...Saberleomon!”

Saberleomon stood before Rexmon. Izzy quickly looked the profile for Saberleomon. “Saberleomon is the fully evolved form of Leomon. He constantly searches for justice, and fights for all that are good and decent. His attack is call Mega Fist, which is similar to his Beast King attack, only ten times more powerful.”

Saberleomon looked at Rexmon, “You have harmed the Digiworld enough Rexmon, and now we are going to stop you once and for all.”

“We shall see about that Saberleomon.” Rexmon said, “Hyper Beam!”

“Yes we shall, Mega Fist!” Saberleomon shouted, as he sent out his attack. Both attacks met in the middle, and slammed into each other. But Saberleomon's attack was the more powerful of the two, and went on to hit Rexmon, knocking him out of the castle. Everyone then ran out and stood before Rexmon. Saberleomon then looked at the Digi-destined, “Now, have your Digimon digivolve to their next level.”

Matt, Sora, and T.K. ran up to them. “Well guys, you heard the Digimon.” Tai said, looking back at the Digimon. Suddenly, Tai’s, Sora’s, Izzy’s, Mimi’s, and Joe’s crests began to glow.

“Greymon digivolve to...Metalgreymon!”

“Dragimon digivolve to...Ultradragimon!”

“Birdramon digivolve to…Garudamon!”

“Tigramon digivolve to...Sabertoothedtigramon!”

“Kabuterimon digivolve to...Megakabuterimon!”

“Toromon digivolve to...Minitarmon!”

“Rosemon digivolve to...Thornedrosemon!”

“Ikkakumon digivolve to...Zudomon!”

“Alimon digivolve to...Cyberalimon!”

All of the fully evolved Digimon stood, or floated before Rexmon. They were soon joined by the 7 Digimon that had come to help in the battle. Saberleomon stepped up. “I am giving you this chance to surrender Rexmon.”

“And I will give you no chance.” Rexmon said, “Hyper Beam!”

Knightmon quickly call his shield again, and the beam bounced off of it. “Now everyone fire.” Saberleomon shouted, “Mega Fist!”

“Giga Blaster!” Metalgreymon shouted.

“Mega Flame!” Ultradragimon followed.

“Wolf Claw!” Weregarurumon shouted.

“Laser Sword Slash!” Knightmon put in.

“Wing Blade!” Garudamon said.

“Fire Stripes!” Sabertoothedtigramon added.

“Horn Buster!” Megakabuterimon shouted out.

“Atomic Horns!” Minitarmon added.

“Flower Cannon!” Lillymon shouted.

“Thorn Missiles!” Thornedrosemon shouted out.

“Vulcan’s Hammer!” Zudomon shouted.

“Cyber Cannon!” Cyberalimon followed.

“Hand of Fate!” Angemon shouted.

“Celestial Arrow!” Angewomon shouted.

“Solar Ray!” Centarumon put in.

“Eye Beam Lasers!” Monzamon added.

“Lightning Blade!” Andromon put in.

“Pix Bombs!” Piximon added.

“Fireball!” Meramon finished.

All 20 attacks slammed into Rexmon. He screamed in pain, as the massive energy coursed through his body, until it could not hold anymore, and in an intense and brilliant light, Rexmon disappeared, forever. All of the Digimon reverted back to either their Rookie or In-Training forms, including Angewomon, who reverted back to Salamon, her Rookie form.

“We did it!” Tai shouted, holding Scalmon over his head.

“We sure did, Tai.” Agumon said. And the Digi-destined and their Digimon friends all celebrated their victory.

******

“He was completely defeated.” Vademon said.

“Good, I never liked the guy much anyway.” Ogremon said.

Demidevimon flew into the room. “What have you to report?”

Ogremon stepped up to him, “It is as you expected, the Digi-destined have beaten Rexmon. He is no more.”

“Excellent.” The small Digimon said, “Soon we will all have our revenge on the Digi-destined for what they did to us all.” Demidevimon turned to Vademon, “Vademon, keep an eye on them. We don’t need them to spoil our plans, when we are so close to starting phase 2.”

Vademon bowed, “As you wish Demidevimon.”

“How much longer will it be?” Ogremon asked.

“Not much longer.” Demidevimon sneered, “By the end of the day tomorrow, the Digi-destined and their Digimon, both new and old, will be out of our way permanently.” The little Digimon then began to laugh evilly, as did Ogremon.

******

(Narrator) For the Digi-destined, victory just means that another battle awaits them in the near future. What evil plan does Demidevimon have in store for them, and who are the 2 Digimon that he placed the pieces of the Digi-Stone next to? Find out in the next chapter of The New Digimon.”

To Be Concluded in Chapter 9: Evil Returns

***Webmaster's Note: This has been edited for spelling and grammar, not content.


Chapter 9

Back to Fanfiction

Main Page ~ Character Index ~ Episode Guide ~ Fanfiction ~ My Digimon ~ Polls
Voting Booth ~ The Celestial Universe ~ Starlight Universe ~ Link to Me ~ Links ~ Credits

Email: digimonangel137@angelfire.com