***Webmaster's disclaimer: Digimon does not belong to Pyromon. This story does, though. If you want to post it on your site, e-mail Pyromon. Just click on "Pyromon" on the fanfiction page. Thank you.

The New Digimon Chapter 9: Evil Returns

“Hi, this is Kari. Tai came up with this plan to free Agumon and the others, which involved us splitting up again. When we all got to the castle, Matt, Sora, T.K., and their Digimon as well as the seven that came to help, went off to create a distraction, while the rest of us went inside. Garurumon and Griffimon were able to defeat Cockatrimon, which released Leomon from his stone statue form. He then freed the others. Meanwhile, we encountered Vademon, who tried to stop us from going into dungeon room. All of the Digimon digivolved, in order to battle Vademon, which proved unnecessary, since Leomon blasted the door of the dungeon, causing it to crash into Vademon, and crush him into a wall. Agumon and the others then digivolved, and Vademon ran off. We quickly followed suit, only to find Rexmon blocking the way out. That’s when Leomon, with the help of one of the pieces of the Digi-Stone, digivolved into Saberleomon. Once we had all gotten outside, all of the Digimon digivolved, and we defeated Rexmon once and for all.”

******

After the battle with Rexmon, the Digi-destined and their Digimon friends, went back inside the castle, to release all of the captured Digimon. Once outside, the group celebrated their victory. Meanwhile, deep under the castle, in the room that held the gate that Myotismon had used to go to the real world, Demidevimon sat on a makeshift throne with his eyes closed. Ogremon stood in front of him, along with Vademon. He held in his claw one of the three pieces of the Digi-Stone, that he had picked up in the Ice Caves. He then opened his eyes, “It is time.” He said, as he gripped the stone, and suddenly, he began to glow. “Demidevimon digivolve to………..Devimon!”

Ogremon dropped to one knee in front of Devimon. “It is good to have you back Master.”

“Yes,” Devimon said, “it is good to be back. Are you ready to go back to File Island?”

Ogremon looked at his Devimon, “Vademon and I are.”

“Excellent, now go, and bring my plan to reality.” Devimon said.

“At once, mighty Devimon.” Ogremon said, and followed by Vademon, he left the room.

Devimon watched as the 2 Digimon left the room, he then looked at the 2 Digimon that laid on tables set up on the far side of the room, and walked up to them. He then places a hand on the foreheads on each one, “Now I awaken you from your long sleep with the Touch of Evil!” He shouted, as energy coursed through his arms, and into each of the Digimon.

******

The next morning, was sort of a sad one. Centarumon and the others had decided that they should be headed back to File Island. Saberleomon had decided to stay until he was sure that Ogremon had left Server himself. But the 6 Digimon, who had all digivolved back to their Rookie forms, had decided that it was time for them to move out as well.

Pyromon stood in front of the other 5 Digimon. In turn, Tai stood across from him, Agumon standing next to him. “We will never forget you guys.” Tai said, as he fought to hold back the tears that wanted to come out.

“Nor will we forget you, Tai.” Pyromon said. “But it is time for us to be headed back out to continue our own lives.” Then, Sora, Mimi, Matt, Joe, and Izzy each walked up to their new Digimon partners.

******

“Take care of yourself, Noblemon.” Matt said, fighting as hard as Tai was to hold back the tears.

“It was an honor to fight by your side, Matt.” Noblemon said.

******

Sora walked up to Purrmon and wrapped her arms around the small Digimon. “I will never forget what you did for me and Biyomon Purrmon.” Sora said, as she let her tears stream down her face. “And I will never forget what you did for me Sora.” Purrmon said, as she to let her own tears flow freely.

******

Joe walked up to Leathermon, “I guess that you are going back to the Gekomon Swamp now.”

“Yeah Joe, Snoutmon will be expecting me back there now that Rexmon has been defeated.” Leathermon said.

“Well then, maybe our paths will cross again.” Joe said.

“Maybe they will, Joe.” Leathermon said.

******

“Good bye, Ivymon.” Mimi said, as she to let her tears flow freely.

“So long, Mimi. Thank you for letting me know what I will digivolve to when my time comes.” Ivymon said, as the two embraced each other.

******

“Farewell Torusmon.” Izzy said. “I will be sure to look up your profile on a regular basis, so that I will recall all that you did for us.”

Torusmon let out a small chuckle, “Izzy, I don’t know how I was ever chosen to be your new partner, but I am glad that I was. If it weren’t for you, I would never have been a part of something so large. Thank you.”

******

After more good-byes were given, and several more tears were shed, the 6 Digimon headed off, to find the path to their new destiny, wherever that path would lead them. When the 6 were finally out of sight, Tai wiped his eyes with his the wristband that he had on one of his arms, and turned to look at the others. “I guess that it is time for us to be headed off to.” He said to the rest of the group. They all nodded, and Tai then turned to face Saberleomon. “How about traveling with us for a while Saberleomon?”

“I would like nothing better than to do that Tai, but I must begin my search for Ogremon.” Saberleomon said. “He is still out there, and I must find him, no matter what the cost.” Saberleomon then walked off, without another word, but was stopped by an explosion that sounded in the area of Rexmon’s castle.

“What was that?” Kari asked.

“More than likely, no good.” Saberleomon said. He then turned to the Digi-destined, “It looks like your next challenge will be sooner than you thought.” He then took off running towards the castle, with the Digi-destined and their Digimon hot on his tail.

******

When they arrived, the group found the castle completely destroyed. “I wonder what could have happened here.” Agumon said.

“Perhaps the structure became unstable in yesterday’s battle.” Izzy said.

Saberleomon sniffed the air, “No, that is not what happened.” He said suddenly. Looking up, he pointed to three figures standing on a cliff above the castles ruins, “That is what happened to this castle.”

Tai quickly pulled out his monocular, and looked at the Digimon that stood on the cliff. Tai suddenly had a look of shock on his face, “I don’t believe it.” He said, as he brought the device down.

“What is it, Tai?” Sora asked. When she did not get an answer, she reached out, and took the monocular out of Tai’s hand, and looked for herself. “It can’t be.” Sora said, as she suddenly saw what had shocked Tai.

“What can’t be, Sora?” Biyomon asked.

“Devimon.” Tai finally said.

“DEVIMON!” Everyone said at once.

“And he is not the only one.” Saberleomon said.

“Who else is there Sora?” Matt asked.

“It’s Etemon and Myotismon.” Sora said.

Everyone had the sudden look of shock on his or her faces, “But I thought that you destroyed Etemon.” Kari said, as the 3 Digimon jumped off the cliff, and landed right in front of the group.

“They did, but I was not completely lost.” Etemon said, in his usually bad Elvis impersonation.

“As was I.” Myotismon said.

“Now it is time for the 3 of us to finish what I had started on File Island.” Devimon said, as he pulled out a small stone out from behind his back. He then held it up for all to see.

Tai, who had gotten his monocular back from Sora, looked through it at the stone. “Oh no guys, he has a piece of the Digi-Stone.” And everyone else gasped in shock.

“And he is not the only one son.” Etemon said, as he to pulled a piece out of the Monzamon doll that he had at his side.

Myotismon reached into a pocket that he had hidden in his cape, and pulled out a third piece of the famed stone. “Now with these pieces of the Digi-Stone, we shall finally end your interference once and for all.”

******

Pyromon did not know why, but something was calling him and the others to the caves, where they had found Gabumon and Biyomon guarding the Digi-Stone only two days earlier. As the group entered the caves, an icy chill hit each of them.

“Why are we here Pyromon?” Ivymon asked, shaking from the sudden cold.

Pyromon looked back at her, “I don’t know, something just seemed to call for me to come here.” Pyromon suddenly remembered something, “Just like the day that I first met Tai and the others.”

“What do you mean?” Leathermon asked.

“On that day, like any other, I was taking a morning flight, to stretch out my wings,” Pyromon began, “but for some reason instead of flying north like I usually did, I flew west. The next thing that I know, I was blasted out of the sky by a Gazimon, and was knocked out. When I woke up, I saw that Rexmon had captured Tai, and I just flew in to save him. That was when I first digivolved to Dragimon.” Pyromon finished his story, and then trailed off, “It was as if some force that I could not explain called me to that spot, just like something is calling me here to these caves.”

Torusmon looked at his companion, “Well, I guess that there is no harm in looking around.”

“And besides, the Digi-Stone is still in this cave somewhere.” Purrmon added. Noblemon, Leathermon, and Ivymon quickly agreed to go alone, and the group began to explore the cave.

******

“Agumon digivolve to………..Greymon!”

“Gabumon digivolve to………..Garurumon!”

“Biyomon digivolve to………..Birdramon!”

“Tentomon digivolve to………..Kabuterimon!”

“Palmon digivolve to………..Togemon!”

“Gomamon digivolve to………...Ikkakumon!”

“Patamon digivolve to………..Angemon!”

“Salamon digivolve to………..Gatomon!”

The 8 Champion Digimon stood or floated before the 3 evil Digimon. “Do you think that they will be able to defeat us this time Digi-destined?” Devimon asked.

“Don’t forget, they are not alone!” Saberleomon shouted.

“You are wasting your time Saberleomon!” Etemon shouted back.

Devimon gripped the stone in his hand, “Now lets see what will happen when I use this stone again.” He said with an evil grin spreading over his face.

“NO!” Tai shouted, as Devimon began to glow.

“Devimon digivolve to………..Skulldevimon!”

Izzy quickly pulled out his computer, “Skulldevimon is the fully evolved form of Devimon. His attack is called the Skull Basher.” Izzy turned to Tai, “Tai, it may still be possible for us to destroy him, if he was at all weakened by his transformation.”

Tai did not need any convincing, “Ok guys, everyone attack at the same time.”

“You got it, Tai.” Greymon said, “Nova Blast!”

“Howling Blaster!” Garurumon added.

“Meteor Wing!” Birdramon shouted.

“Electro Shocker!” Kabuterimon put in.

“Get ready for my Needle Spray!” Togemon added.

“Harpoon Torpedo!” Ikkakumon shouted.

“Hand of Fate!” Angemon shouted.

“Mega Fist!” Saberleomon finished off.

All eight attacks hit Skulldevimon, but he flew up out of the dust that it had kicked up. “A good try, but not good enough. Etemon, Myotismon, show them how it is done.”

“With pleasure, Dark Network!” Etemon said.

“Grisly Wing!” Myotismon added.

******

The 6 had only explored the caves for a short time, when they came to the place where the Digi-Stone was buried. “So now what?” Purrmon asked, “Do we dig the stone out?”

Pyromon was about to answer that question, when there was a sudden shaking, and the Digi-Stone emerged from the pile of stone and dirt that it was trapped under. The 6 gasped in ah as the huge stone floated in front of them. “It is even more powerful than I ever imagined.” Leathermon said.

The stone began to glow brighter, and then there was a flash of light, and a Digimon stood before the 6. “I have been expecting you,” the Digimon said. “I am Creekmon.”

Everyone looked at Creekmon. Finally, Pyromon gathered enough courage to speak, “You are Creekmon?” he asked.

Creekmon looked at the Rookie Digimon with big eyes, full of understanding. “Yes Pyromon, I am Creekmon.” He then indicated the Digi-Stone that floated behind him, “Everyone thought that I was deleted, but in actuality, my body was transformed into energy, and then transferred into the stone that you see floating behind me.” He paused for a moment, “I am fully aware of everything that happens, just as I have been watching you six.”

“You have been?” Purrmon asked.

“Yes,” Creekmon repeated, “I can’t explain how, but the stone somehow allows me to see other Digimon no matter were they are.” Creekmon paused in order to search for the proper words, and then continued, “I have been watching you and your journey with the Digi-destined to free their friends and stop Rexmon. Just as I am aware that at this very minute, they are locked in a battle with 3 of the most evil Digimon ever to exist in the Digi-world.”

“We need to help them.” Ivymon said.

Creekmon looked at the small plant, and shook his head. “Not in your present form.” Creekmon paused for a second, “The Digimon that they are battling, are all fully evolved, and they each have a piece of the stone with them.”

“Then how do we help them?” Noblemon asked.

“You will see.” Creekmon said, as a smile broke his face.

******

The black ball and the hoard of bats went straight at the 9 Digimon. Angemon and Saberleomon were the fastest to react to the danger, blasting both attacks out of existence. The 3 Digimon began to laugh. “What is so funny?” Tai screamed at them.

“Your pathetic attempts.” Skulldevimon said. “Now, prepare to taste my power, Skull Basher!” Energy began to build up in front of Skulldevimon, and then formed into the shape of a skull, and shot out at the group.

Saberleomon was the fastest to react this time, “Mega Fist!” he shouted, as he shot out his own energy. The two blasts met, but Skulldevimon’s attack proved to be the stronger of the two, and hit Saberleomon hard enough to send him flying back into the forest.

Matt ran up to Tai, “Our Digimon are not powerful enough to handle this as is.”

“Your right Matt,” Tai said, “Time to digivolve everyone.” He shouted to the Digimon. His crest then began to glow, as did Matt’s and then everyone else’s.

“Greymon digivolve to………..Metalgreymon!”

“Garurumon digivolve to………..Weregarurumon!”

“Kabuterimon digivolve to………..Megakabuterimon!”

“Birdramon digivolve to………..Garudamon!”

“Togemon digivolve to………..Lillymon!”

“Ikkakumon digivolve to………..Zudomon!”

“Gatomon digivolve to………..Angewomon!”

The 7 Ultimate Digimon stood ready for battle. Etemon turned to Myotismon and Skulldevimon, “I believe that it is time for the big show, wouldn’t you?”

“Yes I do believe that it is time.” Myotismon said.

“Then let us show these Digi-doomed what is in store for them.” Skulldevimon said. Suddenly, all three of them pulled out the pieces of the Digi-Stone, and gripped them tightly, and all three of them began to glow.

“Tai, what’s happening?” Kari asked as she ran up to her big brother.

“It looks like they are digivolving.” Tai said.

“Into their Mega forms.” Izzy added. And they watched, helplessly, as the 3 evil Digimon went to their Mega level.

“Etemon digivolve to………..,” Etemon’s entire body turned to rock. A black leather jacket appeared on him. His guitar changed into an even larger one, and the Monzamon doll disappeared. “Rocketemon!”

“Myotismon digivolve to………..Venommyotismon!”

“Skulldevimon digivolve to………..” Skulldevimon’s body was covered all over with metal. Cannons appear on each of his arms. His wings disappear, and a rocket pack type device appears. “Metaldevimon!”

“Oh no.” Tai said, and turned to Izzy. “Are we in as much danger as I think we are?”

Izzy switched on his computer, and looked up the profiles for Rocketemon and Metaldevimon. “We are Tai. Rocketemon’s is the Mega form of Etemon. His skin is made of a diamond type substance that is almost impervious to anything. His attack is called Rock and Roll.” Izzy then quickly looked up the profile for Metaldevimon, “Metaldevimon is also a Mega Digimon. His armor is made of a super titanium, and his attack is the Dark Cannons.” Izzy paused for a moment, “And of course we already know about Venommyotismon.”

“What do we do now?” Sora asked.

“We must attack, and hope that their new forms are not as powerful as Izzy’s computer says they are.” Saberleomon said.

“Then let’s do it.” Metalgreymon said.

Angewomon suddenly floated to the group, “Wait, there might be another way to win.”

“How?” Kari asked.

“Remember the last battle that we had with Myotismon back before he first became Venommyotismon.” Everyone nodded, “My Heaven’s Charm attack weakened him.”

“And you think that it might just work here as well?” Matt asked.

“It is worth a try.” Angewomon replied. She then turned to Angemon. “I will need your help on this one Angemon.”

“I am with you, Angewomon.” Angemon replied, and the two angels took off to do battle.

******

The Ice Caves rattled as an earthquake tore through them. Then suddenly, 6 Digimon came out of the caves. They looked around, as if trying to remember what they were going to do. There was then an explosion that shook the ground, “Lets go, the Digi-destined need our help.” One of them said to the others. They all agreed, and all 6 of them took off, either running or flying.

******

“Hand of Fate!” Angemon shouted, shooting out a beam of energy at Rocketemon.

“What was that, a misquito bite?” the Digimon said, “Now try my own attack, “Rock and Roll!” Rocketemon shouted, as boulders began to fly out at Angemon.

Angemon dodged them as best he could, but eventually he was hit by a huge boulder, and fell hard to the ground, reverting back to his Tokomon form. T.K. quickly ran up to his fallen friend, and scooped him up in his arms.

Angewomon on the other hand, was having an easier time dodging Venommyotismon’s attacks. “You will pay the price now for your betrayal Angewomon.”

“That was Gatomon’s betrayal Venommyotismon, not mine.” Angewomon responded.

“But you are the same Digimon none the less, and now it is payback time.”

‘I hope that this works.’ Angewomon thought, as she dodged another blast, “Here goes, Heaven’s Charm!” She shouted, as she raised her arms, and a portal opened above her. “Now everyone give me your power.”

“Lets do it,” Saberleomon said, “everyone together. Mega Fist!”

“Giga Blaster!” Metalgreymon shouted.

“Wolf’s Claw!” Weregarurumon followed.

“Horn Buster!” Megakabuterimon added.

“Wing Blade!” Garudamon shouted out.

“Flower Cannon!” Lillymon added in.

“Vulcan’s Hammer!” Zudomon finished.

All seven attacks went into the portal, and it erupted in energy. Angewomon then raised her arm up, “Celestial Arrow!” she shouted, as she brought the arrow coursing with energy into firing position.

“I don’t think so my dear, Dark Cannon!” Metaldevimon shouted, and fired a powerful blast from both of his cannons at Angewomon. The first blast hit her, and she dropped the arrow. The second blast also hit her, but this one was enough to force her to revert back to Salamon. Salamon landed hard in front of Kari, who picked her up, and carried her off to safety. “Rocketemon, would you be so kind as to finish the rest of them off?” Metaldevimon asked.

“It would be a pleasure.” Rocketemon said, as he pulled out his guitar. “Now I believe that you all remember a little number that I did for you before called, ‘Bye Bye Digimon Bye Bye.’” Rocketemon then began to sing, and all of the Digimon except for Saberleomon reverted back to their Rookie forms.

“He drained them of their powers again.” Joe shouted, as he picked Gomamon up.

“Agumon,” Tai said as he ran to his friend, “are you ok?”

“I’m fine Tai, but I’m just weak.” Agumon responded.

“What are we going to do now?” Matt asked, “Agumon and Gabumon are to weak to go to their Mega forms.”

“I wish that I knew, Matt.” Tai said.

“I will tell you.” Venommyotismon said, “We will destroy the eight of you right now.”

Venommyotismon then raised his foot up, and was prepared to stomp on the Digi-destined, when out of nowhere, “Cosmic Fire!” was heard all over the place. A powerful blast of fire hit Venommyotismon, and he fell backwards, right into Metaldevimon and Rocketemon.

Everyone looked up, and saw a giant dragon flying overhead. “Who is that?” Tai asked.

Izzy pulled out his laptop, and brought up the analyzer program. “Prodigious, that is Magmadragimon. He is the Mega form of Pyromon.”

Magmadragimon floated down to the ground in front of the Digi-destined. “Are you ok?”

“We are now, thanks to you, Magmadragimon.” Tai said.

The 3 evil Digimon were now getting back up, “Well, got to go and save the day again.” Magmadragimon said, as he took to the air.

Metaldevimon looked at the small Mega Digimon, and laughed, “You think that you will beat us Magmadragimon. I would like to see you try.”

“Well he is not alone, White Stripes!” Came a shout from behind the 3 Digimon, and a blast of white-hot fire hit Metaldevimon. A giant white tiger standing on her hind legs, landed in front of the Digimon.

Izzy looked up the profile for this Digimon, “That’s Bengaltigramon, the Mega form of Purrmon.”

“2 Mega Digimon are still not enough to fight off the three of us.” Rocketemon said.

“Then how about three of us as well?” Another Digimon that looked almost like an over grown reptile asked, “Rocket Cannon!” the Digimon shouted, as several missiles made a b-line right at the 3 Digimon, hitting them hard.

“And maybe even four.” A fourth Digimon, who was covered in a golden armor said, “Blazing Spears!” and a spear were shot at Venommyotismon, hitting one of his arms.

“Who are they, Izzy?” Joe asked.

Izzy’s fingers moved like lightning over the keyboard, “The first one is Lizardmon. He is the Mega form of Leathermon, and the other is Warriormon, who is the Mega form of Noblemon.”

The 3 Digimon looked at the 4 Mega Digimon, but before any of them could say anything, another Digimon, this one a plant type, stepped up to take a whack at the three. “Now I hope that you boys have some fight left in you, because now that I am here, it is a whole new ballgame.”

“But you had better save some for me.” Yet another Digimon said, this one looking like a half man half bull, with armor on.

“Prodigious,” Izzy said, “that’s Colossalrosemon, she is the Mega form of Ivymon, and her attack is called Pedal Pulverizer.” He then brought up the file for the other Digimon, “And that is Titanminitarmon. He is the Mega form of Torusmon. His attack is called Titan’s Blast!”

Sora looked up at the 6 Digimon, “How did they all digivolve to their Mega levels?” Sora asked.

“I don’t know,” Tai said, “and I am not complaining either.” He then felt a tug on his shirt, and turned to see Agumon.

“Tai, Gabumon and I have to help them.” He said.

“Are you guys sure about this?” Matt asked Gabumon.

“We are.” Gabumon said. “The two of us believe that we have enough energy left to try it.”

“Ok.” Tai said, reluctantly pulling out his Digi-Vice. Matt followed suit, and both Agumon and Gabumon began to glow.

“Agumon warp digivolve to………..Wargreymon!”

“Gabumon warp digivolve to………..Metalgarurumon!”

The 2 Mega Digimon took to the air, and flew up to Magmadragimon. “We thought that you could use some extra power Magmadragimon.” Wargreymon said.

“Glad to have you both on board.” Magmadragimon said.

“You will not win against us.” Metaldevimon said, “Dark Cannon!” he shouted, and sent off two blasts at the 3 Digimon that were in the air.

Metalgarurumon, Wargreymon, and Magmadragimon all dodged the attack easily. “That was not bad Metaldevimon,” Wargreymon said, “but now try this on for size, Mega Claw!” Suddenly, Wargreymon began to spin at an incredible speed, creating a whirlwind, and flew straight at Metaldevimon.

“You have to be kidding.” Metaldevimon said, as Wargreymon came in, and just before the whirlwind hit him, Metaldevimon moved out of the way, giving Wargreymon a clear path to Venommyotismon. The giant Digimon screamed in agony as Wargreymon cut into him.

“Oh no!” Mimi screamed out, “Not again,” as Venommyotismon fell hard to the ground.

“Metalgarurumon, Magmadragimon, quick, attack before he gets back up.” Wargreymon shouted. The other 2 Digimon nodded.

“Metal Wolf Claw!” Metalgarurumon shouted.

“Cosmic Fire!” Magmadragimon followed.

“Terra Force!” Wargreymon finished.

All three attacks streaked towards Venommyotismon, and hit him hard. “NO!” he screamed, “Not again!” He continued shouting, as he was deleted out of existence.

“You may have defeated him, but you will not be able to defeat me as easily.” Rocketemon said. He then brought up his guitar, “And now for a little number that I just wrote called, ‘The Death of the Digimon.’”

“I don’t think so, Titan’s Blast!” Titanminitarmon shouted, and released a powerful beam of energy that hit the guitar, busting it in two.

Rocketemon looked at his guitar, “You will pay for that Titanminitarmon.” He then through the two pieces of the guitar to the ground, “Rock and Roll!” he shouted, as boulders suddenly shot out at Titanminitarmon.

The attack hit Titanminitarmon, but he just shrugged it off, and then turned to Colossalrosemon. “Would you like to handle this one?” He asked

“It would be a pleasure.” Colossalrosemon said, “Pedal Pulverizer!” and several pedals shot out, and began to circle Rocketemon.

“This is your attack, it is more pathetic than any other attack that I have ever seen.” Rocketemon said.

“Then I guess that I will have to change your opinion on that.” Colossalrosemon said, as she brought he hands together. At the same time, the pedals, all began to squeeze onto Rocketemon. The Digimon was shocked when he realized what was happening, and tried to get free.

Warriormon and Lizardmon both ran up to Colossalrosemon. “Finish this joker off guys.” The plant Digimon said.

“You heard the lady.” Warriormon said, “Blazing Spears!”

“Rocket Cannon!” Lizardmon followed.

Both attacks hit Rocketemon, as the pedals finished squeezing in on him. “Hey, I am to important to be deleted.” He shouted, as both attacks hit him, knocking him back.

“Now to finish it” Bengaltigramon said, “White Stripes!” She shouted, as the white-hot attack hit Rocketemon, and he disappeared in the flames.

“You may have defeated them with ease, but I will not go so easily.” Metaldevimon said.

“We will see about that.” Wargreymon said. “Everyone attack at the same time, Terra Force!”

“Metal Wolf Claw!”

“Cosmic Fire!”

“White Stripes!”

“Rocket Cannon!”

“Blazing Spears!”

“Pedal Pulverizer!”

“Titan’s Blast!”

The eight attacks went in fast and hard and hit home, but Metaldevimon just shrugged them off. “Your pathetic attempts to destroy me will not succeed. I am the most powerful Digimon in this world.”

Tai looked at the others, “There has to be something that we can do.” He said.

“But what.” Sora said

“Yeah, it’s not like we can fight him with our Digimon.” Joe said. “Maybe we should try to retreat.”

“Never!” Kari shouted, Salamon still in her arms, “We can’t just run away from this guy.”

‘She is right.’ Came a voice from nowhere, and yet everywhere.

“Am I going crazy, or did I just hear a voice in my head.” Mimi said.

‘You are not crazy.’ The voice said, ‘I am Creekmon. And you must all listen to me carefully, the only way to defeat this evil, is to combine the power of your Crests.’

“What does that mean?” Joe asked.

“I think that I know,” Izzy said, “do you all recall when we battled Venommyotismon the first time.”

“Yeah, how could we.” T.K. said.

“Well, in order to win the battle, our Crests emitted some sort of beam that immobilized Venommyotismon, giving Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon the chance that they needed to finish him off.”

“Then we need to do the same the same thing here.” Tai said, “Lets go.”

******

“What now Wargreymon?” Magmadragimon asked.

“I wish that I knew Magmadragimon.” Wargreymon said. He then noticed that the Digi-destined were moving out. “I wonder what they are doing?” He said, as he watched them surround Metaldevimon.

******

“Ok everyone,” Tai shouted, removing his crest from under his shirt, and holding it up, “just like Creekmon told us.” He then pointed his crest at Metaldevimon, “Now you will see what we can do Metaldevimon!” Tai shouted, “The Crest of Courage!”

“The Crest of Reliability!” Joe shouted out.

“The Crest of Sincerity!” Mimi followed.

“The Crest of Knowledge!” Izzy shouted.

“The Crest of Friendship!” Matt followed.

“The Crest of Hope!” T.K. came in with.

“The Crest of Love!” Sora came in with.

“The Crest of Light!” Kari finished.

Suddenly, all eight Crests each emitted a beam that struck Metaldevimon. The giant Digimon howled in pain as the power of the Crests did their work on him. “Now Wargreymon, try again.” Tai shouted.

“You heard him everyone, Terra Force!”

“Metal Wolf Claw!”

“Cosmic Fire!”

“White Stripes!”

“Rocket Cannon!”

“Blazing Spears!”

“Pedal Pulverizer!”

“Titan’s Blast!”

This time when the eight attacks hit Metaldevimon, they did what they were intended to do, and he began to disappear. “You may have defeated me, but you have not saved this world. Even now, more evil Digimon are massing to destroy you accursed Digi-destined. So do not celebrate just yet, because you have only won a battle, and not the war.” Metaldevimon then disappeared completely, emitting an evil laugh.

Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon both landed in front of Tai and Matt, and reverted back to Koromon and Tsunomon, and all of the Digi-destined breathed a sigh of relief that the battle was finally over.

******

Later that day, after the 6 had told the story about how they Creekmon had used the Digi-Stone to digivolve them to their Mega forms, and everyone had eaten, the 6 departed again to begin new lives for themselves as some of the few that could be called Mega Digimon.

After they had left, Saberleomon walked up to the Digi-destined, “I have heard that Ogremon had gone back to File Island, with Vademon. I must go back in order to fight them both.”

“We will miss you, Saberleomon.” Tai said.

“And I will miss all of you.” Saberleomon said. He then turned to the Digimon, “Take good care of them you 8.”

“You can count on that, Saberleomon.” Koromon said. And with that, Saberleomon headed off to get a ride back to File Island.

Gennai came out of his house, and looked at the Digi-destined, “Well, you should be headed off as well, you still have to save this world and your own.”

Tai nodded, “Then lets get going everyone.” He said, as he lead the group off to their next big adventure.

After they had walked for a while, Matt ran up to Tai, “Hey Tai, I have been wondering something.”

“What is that, Matt?” Tai asked.

“You never mentioned if I was now the full time second in command yet.”

“Well Matt, I think that you have already answered that question.” Matt looked at Tai confused, “When you led the group to find Ivymon.” Tai paused for a moment, “After that, I would think that you would make an excellent second in command” Tai then extended his hand to Matt, and he took it.

******

The two boys shook hands, and then the group began to walk again. Piedmon watched this through his telescope, and laughed. “Soon the Digi-destined will know what a real battle is like. Isn’t that right my friends.” Metalseadramon, Puppetmon, and Machindramon all agreed with him. “Then let us begin the battle.” Piedmon said, as all 4 Digimon began to laugh evilly.

******

(Narrator) “With a new found sense of hope and responsibility, the Digi-destined head off to face their next great challenge, The Dark Masters. In this battle, they will be pushed to their limits, not only physically, but also mentally. But will they succeed in defeating this new threat. Find out on Digimon, Digital Monsters.”

The End/The Beginning

***Webmaster's Note: This has been edited for spelling and grammar, not content.


The New Digimon Guide

Back to Fanfiction

Main Page ~ Character Index ~ Episode Guide ~ Fanfiction ~ My Digimon ~ Polls
Voting Booth ~ The Celestial Universe ~ Starlight Universe ~ Link to Me ~ Links ~ Credits

Email: digimonangel137@angelfire.com