Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Copy & paste within PCB P99SE with NETS please.

<x-flowed>
On 04:03 AM 1/09/2000 -0400, Brian Guralnick said:
>Hi everyone,
>
>     I created sorta a 'via funnell' to pass a buss over a group of SGRAM
>chips.  Annoyingly, my pasted copy was missing the net names.  Is there a
>simple way to transfer the nets so that my 2 via funnells may be joined
>without all the ERC?
>
>Illustration, 80Kb desktop screenshot:
>ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/ptelcopy.png
>

>     One other thing, is there an automated way to build such a funnel to try
>to keep a bundled set of signals as tight as possible?  I know it woul be
>easy to just make straight lines for the bundle, but I like to keep open
>room to place power plane vias for the adjacent ICs...
>
>Happy CADing,,,
>     Brian.

If you are pasting (after a copy) use the Paste-Special command and check
Keep Net Names.

You can also paste so that the wires are just touching the corresponding
wires of the existing "funnel" - pasted primitives should pick up the net
of  a copper object that they touch.

Ian Wilson

</x-flowed>