Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: company part numbers

<x-flowed>
At 07:39 AM 9/1/00 -0400, Pierce, Scott wrote:
>Does anyone out there have a program or routine to add company part numbers
>to the schematic symbols?
>We need this so that our pick and place machine knows what parts to choose.
>Any help would be appreciated.

The spreadsheet can be used for this. Because the company part data can
come in many forms, there would be many ways to interface the data; but
since this is a one-time programming issue, and it can be solved by
processing simple text files, it should not be difficult to write a short
program to do it automatically.

One way to do this would be to save the schematic in ASCII form; likewise
save the cross-reference as a text file; the program would then directly
modify the schematic part fields in accordance with the data in the
cross-reference.

There might even be some facility already in Protel to make this easier,
but I don't know what it is. I do know that I could write such a program in
a few hours.

marjan@vom.com
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690