RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Operating system

I've been using 99SE on WIN98 for at least 6 months, with no real
problems.  I've experienced, however, some problems in PCB if you're
using an AGP video card.  If you do a lot of  selecting, moving, and
zooming in and out, eventually you'll have a crash.  I guess your
options for dealing with this problem are:

1) Save your file alot and just accept that you'll crash from time to
time.
2) Get rid of your AGP card and use a PCI (or other) Video card,  which
sucks if you play games on your computer.
3) See if your mother board or video card maker have any updated AGP
drivers.  I personally used this option.  I have an Asus K7V Slot A
mother board, and a Diamond Stealth III AGP card.  I updated the drivers
for the video card, and didn't notice any improvements.  After I loaded
the updated AGP drivers for my mother board, I did seem to be noticing
far fewer system crashes.  I can now go through an 8-10 hour session and
crash maybe once, while before I'd crash 5-6 times.

Jim Hood
South Bay CAD