Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Password for the Protel database files....

<x-flowed>
At 11:40 PM 9/2/00 +1000, djmoore wrote:
>Here it is.....
>
>Manteghulteir

"ManTiqu l-Tayr," I am sure, is the origin of that. It is the title of a
classical poem in Persian by Fariduddin Attar, and translates as
"Conference of the Birds." (The words of the title are Arabic, however.)

Is Protel trying to tell us something?

I'm not sure how valuable it is for us to know this password; by itself the
password allows one to access the Access .ddb form of the same information,
more or less, that is found in the Windows database .ddb file, plus
permissions, etc. One could rather easily damage the Access database such
that the files within it could no longer be accessed, which is perhaps why
there is a password.

It is already possible to directly manipulate Protel data outside the
database by simply using the Windows file system.

A little more dangerously -- and I don't know this for a fact -- having
that password could make it easier to bypass administrative restrictions on
the data, to edit, for example, read-only libraries.

marjan@vom.com
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433