Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: help with design rule edit hang

> Still pissed off
> WE SHOULD NOT BE REQUIRED TO BY ANOTHER OS TO FIX PROTEL FU's
> No other ap's seem to have this problem. It must be this northern
> hemisphere
> ;-(

I know no one wants to change OS but I will speak for my self because I just
went the other way ....from using NT for the last six years to 98.
I have been running Protel on NT  from version 2.8 to the current version
with SP5 and rarely experienced any  of the problems encountered on the
forum.  ( with the exception of any Version 3.X software that was released).
I may have one hang up every six months.   I recently got a new free
upgraded Compaq 7360 computer with 98  from BEST BUY  ( because they lost
mine) and it is blazing fast but hangs up,  changes color on the display,
hangs up during design rule changes,  all of the mentioned problems with
video, hang ups etc.
I just installed Norton anti freeze on it this weekend...helped loosing
data.  Not sure what I want my slower NT system back or just put up with my
98 crashes until the next Protel product come out  then change OS again.
Recommendation to anyone.... stop using 98   and install either NT or 2000.
Your will be happier with your life and your software.

Now, Does anyone know why the damn thing persist on changing colors from
classic to the default when I open option, display, and change a visible
attribute like hide text?

Mike Reagan
EDSI