Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Top Paste in single-layer display shows tracks

In a message dated 9/18/00 3:49:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dwighth@traxsoft.com writes:

> When I'm in single-layer display mode, and choose the Top Paste layer, the
>  SMT pads show in purple, but I also see all the Top Layer tracks in red.
Is
>  this expected, or a bug?  Using P99SEsp5 with a simple 2-layer board, all
>  the SMTs on top.

Yes, this is normal if you turn on either the paste mask or the soldermask.
Recall that those layers are handled in inverse, so every place there's a
cutout (such as a hole in the soldermask, directly over a pad) you'll see a
matching pad in the mask layer.

Steve Hendrix