[PROTEL EDA USERS]: Layers visibility (ex Re: Jump to a new location)

> > For editing the bottom silkscreen clearly, I temporarily close the other
> > layers except Bottom silkscreen and bottom layer, But every time I use
the
> > short cut key J(jump) >> L(New location) to jump to a new
> > location, ALL the
> > layers are appeared. Is it another bug of P99SE? or anything I
> > had missed?
> >
> > Robert,

> It's a bug!! Good job!! I've never used that feature before. I normally do
> Jump Component, and it doesn't re-enable all layers like what you have
> found. Report it to Protel directly if you haven't already.
>
> Tony Karavidas

"Good job!!" ??! Or did you mean "Good Spotting" in the above post? (I'm not
losing too much sleep over what you said, but the fewer the bugs that Protel
has, the better.)

Although I have not experienced this situation myself, this is not the only
situation in which you can be "treated" to all of the layers being made
visible. But this thread has reminded me that I have had plans of creating a
Process within an addon Server which would be used to memorise and restore
(as required) which layers are visible, to reduce the inconvenience caused
by this "family" of bugs. (Reminds me a bit of a canoeing trip I took back
in 1986, when the organisers demonstrated "Eskimo flips" to restore a
flipped canoe to an upright position again.) Next Monday is a public holiday
in NSW, and with the Olympic games finishing the night before, I might be
able to cut some code then...

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer