The first building was a one room building at the intersection of Walnut and Snow Hill Streets.
Rev. Evans
served as pastor until December 1910 when Rev. J.M. Henderson was called.
Other pastors and the year they were called include: Rev. T.E.
Toole-1917; Rev. A.V. Pickern-1918;
Rev. T.J. Barnett-1921;Rev. A.V.
Pickern-1924; Rev. C.B. Jones-1925; Rev. T.J.Barnett-1926;
Rev.O.A. Grant-1927; Rev. N.H. Burch-1927; Rev. O.W. Garland 1931; Rev. John W.
Parker 1934;
Rev. A.T. Peacock-1935; Rev. J.B. Pickern-1936; Rev.R.L.
O'Brian-1938; Rev. J.W. Rainey-1941;
Rev. Charlie Smith-1948;Rev. J.W.
Hunsucker-1951; Rev. R.L. Shupe-1952; Rev. Earnest Herring-1955;
Rev. Bobby Moye-1957; Rev. James E. Elerson-1959; Rev. W.T.Berry-1963;
Rev. Alvin Oakes-1967;
Rev. Charles Franks-1969; Rev. J.W. Bowen-1983;
Rev. James C. Duggan-1990; and Rev. Glynn Cranford-1997.
On Monday, November 3,1919, construction was begun on the yellow brick building
at the corner
of Dexter and Snow Hill Streets. Cost of this building was
$12,000.00.This came from the church
conference minutes of December 19,1920
A small annex which houses the pastor's study and a classroom
was built behind the pulpit area in 1947
and an educational annex
of six classrooms and a large fellowship hall with kitchen facilities was added
in 1957.
A pump organ was used in the first building but
a piano was placed in the new building. An electronic organ was
bought in 1953 and a new organ and piano were bought in 1956. In 1970 a
large chapel organ was
purchased. This was replaced by a large Allen organ in 1988 given in Memory of
Mrs. Fleta Ridley Sikes.
New pews
were installed and the sanctuary completely carpeted in 1970 and a new heating
and cooling
system installed in 1976. The complete church records have been microfilmed by the SBC and are stored
in the State Archives
in Atlanta. New brass chandeliers were installed in 1980. New solid oak
sanctuary
doors were added in 1982.