Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Title: 'Rommie By...' I - Letters
Author: Meg Brown, aka Andromeda Valentine
Fandom: Andromeda
Pairing: None outright, mention of Dylan/Rommie
Rating: G
Status: New (3/27/02); Complete
Archive: Yes to list archives, anyone else please ask first.
Feedback: Yes, please!!
E-mail address for feedback: andromeda_valentine@hotmail.com
Series/Sequel: Part One of the 'Rommie By...' series...
Other Websites: Crimson Redd - https://www.angelfire.com/goth/crimsonredd
Disclaimers: Not mine, as usual...

Summary: Rommie does some thinking about letters and definitions...

Notes: Just an idea that popped into my head and would not go away until I wrote it. I'll have the rest of the series done shortly...

Warnings: None, kinda angsty though - of course, you *do* have to figure that it really sucks to be Rommie sometimes...

*************************

A - Android, a robot made in the image of humanity...

B - Black Hole, the spatial anomaly that took three hundred years of my life...

C - Civilization, or Commonwealth, the world we're trying to rebuild even though we know it won't happen...

D - Dylan, the only thing I have left, and the only thing I can't have...

E - Emptiness, the defining emotion of my existence...

F - Faith, the thing I try to hold onto even though I'm certain it's gone...

G - Gabriel, who I loved and lost without understanding the real importance of either...

H - High Guard, the military I swore to serve and still can't help but hate...

I - Isolation, the other defining emotion of my existence...

J - Jill Pearce, the twisted reflection of Maggie, my sister...

K - Kiss, the only thing it seems I'll ever know of physical love...

L - Little Professor, the nickname of my creator...

M - Maggie, my sister, who dared to love her captain, and died for it...

N - Necessary Evil, the moral gray area we keep finding ourselves thrust into just trying to survive...

O - Original Sin, what I committed by falling in love with my captain...

P - Protocol, the thing that gives my existence definition while forever denying it any depth...

Q - Questions, to which I'll never have the answers...

R - Rhade, Gaheris, my former First Officer...

S - Sara, the love of Dylan's life, who I can't even bring myself to hate...

T - Tears, tears I'm too proud to let anyone see me shed...

U - Unique, what Dylan tells me I am, which is just another way of saying I'm alone...

V - Valentine, Beka, my new First Officer, who does her best to help me learn to be human...

W - Warrick, yet another ghost standing between me and Dylan...

X - Xenophobia, the technical term for the prejudice I will always face...

Y - Yearning, the third emotion that defines my existence...

Z - Zero, the chances I have of surviving this new universe with my sanity intact...