Takeo- Been a while, but I’m back, with chapter four of State of Grace. Do the warnings Sorata
Sorata- Right! Takeo doesn’t own X, although she Wishes…
Takeo – Hey, don’t mention that kind of *wish* around here young man!
Sorata- ^^;; Yeah. Warnings of angst, torture, rape, death and many unpleasant things. But that’s the life of us X peeps right?
Takeo – Damn skippy. Oh yeah /Kamui/ = Evil Fuuma

Chapter Four: Dreams and Tears

Kakyou opened his eyes as he drifted through the dreamscape, his pale yellow hair streaming behind his as his cat like eyes observed the swirling world around him. He had sensed something different in /Kamui/ when he had come to see him. An edge of desperation, madness and that familiar surge of power that /Kamui/ radiated around him.

“It was as if two beings inhabited the same body. But it cannot be possible, after all this time can it?” Kakyou murmured as he entered into someone’s dream. His cat like eyes widened in surprise as he recognized the aura of the dream. It can’t be…/Kamui/ never lets me into any of his dreams. But Kakyou remained in place. He knew that the /Kamui/ could easily dispel him from his dream as he was always aware of his surroundings at all times, even in the dreamscape.

“You may enter Kakyou, I have something that I want you to see, but you must be silent, I have a guest.” /Kamui/’s voice murmured across the dreamscape, his sensual voice wrapping itself around Kakyou’s mind. Kakyou nodded and gasped as he was suddenly beside the leader of the Chi no Ryu, and he looked positively confused as he saw his leader talking to what looked like a splitting image of himself, but this person was bound up in chains, tied to a rather large sakura tree.

“Let me go you bastard. I won’t let you keep using me like this. You have to leave Kamui alone!” the boy yelled as he struggled with his bounds. His arms and wrists had nasty wounds on them from the boy’s continual struggling. His clothes were torn and ragged and the boy was decorated with bruises. /Kamui/ just smirked as he leaned over and buried his nose in the boy’s neck.

“Ah Fuuma…you’re so naïve. I *am* Kamui.” The /Kamui/ whispered as he bit into Fuuma’s neck, the boy crying out, his golden eyes filled with tears.

“No! You’ll never be Kamui. You can’t hurt him anymore. He never did anything wrong!” Fuuma cried out as leaned out of the Dragon’s touch. /Kamui/ laughed.

“He’s very silly Kakyou, don’t you think?” /Kamui/’s mind whispered to the dreamgazer. The yumeni just nodded, struggling to understand how the boy in chains and his leader were like carbon copies, but with obviously very different personalities.

“It doesn’t matter what you think or want Fuuma. You had to be destroyed in order for me to be born, and that is what happened. It is only by Kamui’s Wish alone that you are even still alive.” /Kamui/ murmured as he altered his dreamscape. The scene switched to a room, more specifically, Fuuma’s room at his father’s shrine. Fuuma muttered in surprise as his bounds were released and he dropped unceremoniously onto his bed, /Kamui/ settling over him with nothing short of a sinister smirk on his lips. He pinned Fuuma down on his futon, straddling the boy’s lap as he leaned closer to his prey. Fuuma shook with fear, his golden eyes trying desperately not to show the fear he felt. The last time was pinned down like this was when /Kamui/ had thrust him to the forefront of his mind when the assassin known as Seishirou Sakurazukamori had taken him at the hotel two nights ago.

“Ah, you remembering the hotel room. I wanted you to experience that you could never let yourself get to. The assassin is a beautiful man isn’t he?” /Kamui/ murmured as he let his image change so that he resembled the assassin down to the last lock of hair. Fuuma gasped as he struggled, Seishirou’s face smirked at him as his hands ran under the shreds of Fuuma’s shirt. The golden eyed boy struggled valiantly as Seishirou’s image faded away to be replaced by the Kamui that he had know all his life. The image dissolved and the /Kamui/ appeared again.

“Why? I don’t understand…why do you do things to me?” Fuuma asked as the /Kamui/ leisurely stripped Fuuma of his remaining clothing. /Kamui/ paused his exploration of Fuuma’s chest to ponder the question.

“It is my destiny to grant Earth’s Wish. And in order to do that, I must kill Kamui. You are all that is left for me to destroy before I can kill Kamui, but his Wish still keeps you prisoner here, so you can blame him for your predicament. Regardless, after the stunt you tired to pull earlier tonight, I had to come and make sure that you won’t be trying any more suicide attempts with my Shinken.” /Kamui/ murmured as he playfully nipped at one of Fuuma’s earlobes.

“If I die, then so will you, and Kamui will be safe. It is a sacrifice that I must make.” Fuuma bit back as he felt the now naked Chi no Ryu’s body press against, him, golden skin upon golden skin. Fuuma didn’t even want to begin to wonder how /Kamui/ had achieved that minor feat.

“I can’t let you do things like this Fuuma. I can’t let you slip into my consciousness. You messed up my plan for the Sakurazukamori. The baka thinks he’s in love with you know after your beautiful performance last night.” /Kamui/ murmured as his fingers slid down to Fuuma’s lower body, his fingers latching unto Fuuma’s shaft, the boy underneath struggling as he realized just what the Dragon above him wanted.

“No, you can’t do this!” Fuuma whispered as /Kamui/’s eyes glowed softly.

“But I can! I am now part of you as long as destiny sends us hurtling through time and space,” /Kamui/ murmured as he poised himself to plunge into Fuuma’s body. “Besides,” he murmured as he kissed Fuuma deeply, biting the boy’s tongue to draw blood. “You can’t call this rape.” /Kamui/ uttered softly as he thrust his erect member into Fuuma’s body, Fuuma crying out as bright hot pain sizzled across his mind, tears leaking from his tightly sealed eyes. /Kamui/ simply laughed as he continued to thrust into Fuuma, coming a few moments later, purring in satisfaction as he brought the trembling boy beneath him to climax. Fuuma moaned in pain as his body surrendered, the golden eyed boy weeping as he opened his eyes again as he felt his other self withdraw from his body. “You look just as beautiful as Kamui when he cries, did you know that?” /Kamui/ whispered as he kissed Fuuma again, his tongue invading deeply into Fuuma’s mouth.

Kakyou absently wiped the tears that had unknowingly stolen down his cheeks.

“He’s been alive all this time? But why did you rape him? Why do you torture him?” Kakyou spoke softly as /Kamui/ rose from the bed, dismissing the image of Fuuma’s room. The same garden appeared again and Fuuma, naked and bleeding was tied back in chains to the large sakura tree. For the first time since Fuuma had seen the /Kamui/, he was also now able to see the yumeni standing beside his leader. He bent his head in shame. He had never even known that someone had been watching /Kamui/ rape him.

/Kamui/ got dressed again as he answered Kakyou.

“He’s been alive as a result of Kamui’s Wish. I’m the only one he ever sees. He’s in a rather hopeless situation isn’t he? He shall have no release until either I or Kamui dies. If I die, he dies with me, if Kamui dies, Fuuma might as well be dead. He cares for the violet eyed Kamui. It is because of him that Kamui continues to live because he Wishes it to be so.” /Kamui/ answered as he gave one last look at Fuuma before the boy tied to the tree disappeared from their sight.

“I would have sensed him.” Kakyou spoke as he stared at his leader with a mix of fear, curiosity and anger. /Kamui/ simply shrugged.

“The foreordained day draws closer, and my powers, as well as the other Kamui’s power grows as our destinies come rushing forth. Fuuma is living off that energy. It will all end soon.” /Kamui/ spoke as he too disappeared from the dreamscape. The yumeni was left the ponder all that he had seen and heard. He felt bad for Fuuma, not just because he was trapped within his own mind, but because as /Kamui/ had hinted, he let Fuuma out to interact and feel some of the things that he had been doing. But in his present state, I highly doubt that Fuuma can regain any semblance of control. He truly is doomed. The dreamgazer sighed as he sought out to find the *real* Fuuma’s dreams since he now knew what aura Fuuma’s soul emitted. He found it easily enough. As he stepped into Fuuma’s dream, he noticed that he was at shrine, the Togakushi shrine to be specific. He saw Fuuma riding his bike to school, Kotori perched at his back as she spoke sweetly to her brother about her dream of Kamui.

“That’s great Kotori. It would be nice if Kamui did come back. We haven’t seen him in such a long time.” Fuuma said with a thoughtful smile.

“Remember when he said that he was going to be my bride?” Kotori replied with a smile. Fuuma laughed.

“Yes, of course I remember.” Fuuma said with another laugh. The smile faded from Fuuma’s face as his bike rolled to a stop. Kakyou watched as Fuuma saw his sister and Kamui wrapped in each others arms, fear in their eyes as a familiar presence held a bloody shinken. Fuuma screamed for his sister and Kamui to run as the shadowy figure grabbed Fuuma’s hand. It held them(Fuuma’s hands) as it slashed Kotori’s head off and Fuuma screamed as he saw the scene. The figure wasn’t done and dragged Fuuma over as they stabbed Kamui in his leg, Kamui crying out.

“Stop it! Stop it!” Fuuma screamed as the shadowy figure let go of his hands that were now stained with Kotori and Kamui’s blood. The figure pulled back its cloak and Fuuma’s eyes widened in fear as he saw his own face staring back at him. The face smirked and pulled Fuuma closer to him. He caught Fuuma’s lips in a kiss and as Fuuma struggled the figure rammed the shinken through him. Fuuma dropped to his knees, blood pouring from his lips and from his chest. The figure smiled and contoured to look exactly like Kamui. “Kamui…” Fuuma murmured as he fell backwards, tears of blood streaming down his cheeks as he breathed his last. The dream dissolved and only pitch blackness surrounded Kakyou. He then heard someone sobbing quietly and he saw the dreamscape flash with Princess Hinoto’s symbol.

“Show yourself!” Kakyou called out into the darkness. Princess Hinoto emerged, her unseeing eyes filled with tears.

“This cannot be. This boy…” Hinoto spoke as she shook her head.

“Did you know, that he still exists, even though barely?” Kakyou asked softly.

“No, I did not. After what has happened to him, he may not last longer.” Hinoto spoke as her image began to dissipate, leaving a shower of petals in her wake. Kakyou resigned himself to the emptiness and decided that he had seen enough blood and carnage for one day.

*******

Seishirou shifted in his sleep as his eyes opened. He reached his hand over to grasp his lover but his hands came back with empty sheets.

“Where the devil are you Fuuma?” Seishirou murmured as his eyes scanned the room for the lead Chi no Ryu.

“I’m /Kamui/ Seishirou.” /Kamui/ replied from where he sat in the corner of the room. Seishirou sat up in the bed, running a hand through his hair. He sensed something different in his leader, but he decided not to comment on it.

“I thought you liked sleeping in.” Seishirou stated as he sat up in /Kamui/’s bed, brushing back his ebony hair. /Kamui/ smiled, his lips curled sensually as he gazed at the man that lay in his bed.

“I feel the need for some ice cream, and a broken kekkai barrier. What do you say? Care to join me? We might run into Subaru.” /Kamui/ spoke as he got up from the corner of his room. Seishirou remained silent. He refused to have his mind come up with images of Subaru holding Kamui close just as he had done with /Kamui/ the night before. A faint voice whispered in Seishirou’s mind and he sat up.

“I would love to join you, but the Tree calls.” The assassin replied as he got up from the bed and made his way to the door. /Kamui/ appeared before him, wrapping his arms around the assassin’s broad body. His lips met Seishirou’s and the assassin couldn’t help but feel that there was something very wrong.

“I won’t keep you then. I’ll see you in the evening then.” /Kamui/ spoke as he let go of Seishirou. The assassin nodded and left the room. /Kamui/ remained standing by the door, a thought flickering in his golden eyes. Dismissing it, he went into his bathroom to take a shower. He had a long day ahead of him. It was time to start granting the Earth’s Wish.

*******

Kamui and the other Seals leapt from building to building as they dodged the joint onslaught of the Chi no Ryu. So far, one spirit shield had fallen and the Seals were battling bravely to protect the remaining six shields.

“Stop playing around Kamui! You must die today!” /Kamui/ shouted as he went after Kamui, the violet eyed boy barely managing to block /Kamui/’s shinken from piecing his heart.

“Stop it Fuuma!” Kamui yelled as the two barreled into a building, glass and concrete showering over them.

“I am /Kamui/!” the lead Chi no Ryu responded, passion in his voice, his golden eyes bent only on destruction. Inside /Kamui/, Fuuma’s eyes lolled open, the boy’s body hurting all over. He felt a presence in the garden where he was held prisoner. He looked up to see Kakyou, trying to untie the iron bonds that held him fast to the tree.

“What are you doing?” Fuuma whispered hoarsely. He remembered the man from his humiliation just a few hours before and was in no mood for his already depressing life to get any worse.

“I’m trying to get you out of here. I had a dream. Your sister Kotori…as she died, she said that the future was not yet decided. The Promised Day is drawing near. I believe that you can save Kamui today. I saw it.” the yumeni spoke as he pulled at the links, causing Fuuma to wince at the pain. Cat like eyes widened as the links finally gave way. Fuuma fell forward, exhausted both physically and mentally.

“Thank you…but what can I do? I’m too injured and tired to try and fight with the Other /Kamui/’s mind. He saw to that when he raped me.” Fuuma spoke softly, hugging his arms close to his body. Kakyou pursed his lips. Give me strength Hokuto

“If you don’t…Nataku and Seishirou will die today, and Kamui will forever be unhappy.” Kakyou spoke as he remembered his dream foretelling doom for the assassin man and the bio-android. Fuuma’s eyes widened. The only two people who can somehow see that I’m still alive. I can’t let them die! Fuuma clutched the tree as he tried to stand. Kakyou helped him stand, realizing that the boy was still naked, but was too injured to care.

Please…tell me what to do.” Fuuma asked, his golden eyes filling with determination. Kakyou nodded.

“/Kamui/ is fighting Kamui as we speak, so he isn’t focused on your whereabouts. Only your death can set Kamui free. /Kamui/ will lose his Holy Sword and Kamui will gain possession of it for a moment. That is when you must act.” Kakyou spoke.

“You mean…” Fuuma asked, thinking back to the night when he had nearly succeeded in killing himself. Kakyou nodded as he read Fuuma’s thoughts.

“Kamui *must* kill you. There is no other way. If you had succeeded that night, it would not have impacted his destiny. We must hurry.” Kakyou spoke as he took hold of Fuuma and began slowly towards their destination.

*******

/Kamui/ grasped his chest as a shock ran through him, his sword dropping from his hand as the paralyzing pain brought him to his knees. Above and around him the Seals and Angels battled on. Kamui picked up /Kamui/’s sword, holding it in his hand.

“Fuuma?” he asked as he cautiously approached his friend. A laugh escaped /Kamui/ as he looked up to face Kamui.

“He’s trying to come back. I can’t let him. I am /Kamui/!” /Kamui/ spoke as he clutched his heart. Seishirou dodged Subaru’s onslaught of magic and felt a heart beat in his mind. His gaze fell on his leader down below and his eyes widened. /Kamui/’s eyes were flashing a brilliant gold, and the cool and collected demeanor broke, revealing a brusied and battered boy, his eyes weary but joyful despite his injuries.

“Fuuma!” Kamui screamed as he ran towards his friend. Fuuma saw his chance and as Kamui approached, he used /Kamui/’s psychic power to thrust the sword into his body. Kamui’s eyes widened and tears began to fall as he realized that the sword had run through Fuuma, right up to its hilt. Warm hot blood gushed out of Fuuma, staining Kamui’s hands.

“I’m sorry Kamui. It was the only way. You and everyone else are free now. Heaven has won.” Fuuma spoke as he fell back onto the hard concrete.

“Fuuma!” Seishirou screamed as he darted down to where Fuuma lay dying. Fuuma dragged his eyes open.

“I’m sorry Seishirou. Now, you can be with Subaru if you want to. Don’t push him away.” Fuuma spoke as he winced. He stroked the assassin’s face, a wistful smile on his lips.

“Fuuma…” Kamui whispered as he dropped o his knees, tears still streaming down his cheeks. He clutched his best friend’s body in his arms and cried as Fuuma’s eyes closed for the last time. Thank you Kakyou. I hope that you can be as free as I am.

All around the Seals and Angels, the sky grew dark. Six red dragons appeared from under the building, destroying it as they ran a ring around the buildings foundations. A large circle of light opened up in the sky and the seven seals were lifted into the air, turning into green bolts of electricity and light. They foraged around the seven barriers and reinforced them. The Holy Sword locked in the center of the Clamp Campus Academy disintegrated and so did the sword that was lodged in Fuuma’s body. With great cries, the thirteen dragons ran head on into each other and as they met, a shower of sparks illuminated the dark sky. Then there was a great silence and as the sky cleared, the thirteen people fell out of the sky.

******

Princess Hinoto smiled as she and her sister Kanoe stood outside the Diet building, their symbols disappearing from their foreheads. Hinoto fell into her sister’s arms and began to weep. Kanoe held her, her own eyes filled with tears.

“You’re free sister. My selfish Wish has been granted.” Kanoe spoke as she fell to her knees in the middle of the street. Hinoto’s red eyes opened, and for the first time, the setting sun greeted Hinoto’s eyes. She hugged her sister and there they remained.

*****

Fuuma floated through his dream of death. He watched as the Seals and Angels landed injured and scattered around various parts of Tokyo. He saw Kamui on his knees amidst rubble, his wide violet eyes going blank from the pain of losing the last person with whom he shared his childhood. Fuuma’s golden eyes swam in tears and Fuuma tore himself away from the sight.

“I had to do it Kamui…you have to live. Please…it would make Kotori and I so happy.” Fuuma whispered, knowing that Kamui couldn’t hear him. He saw Kakyou standing at his side, and for once, a true smile graced the yumeni’s face.

“Thank you so much Fuuma. You’ve freed me.” Kakyou spoke as pearly white wings burst forth from his back, lifting the dreamgazer into the air.

“Kakyou…I- I …thank you.” Fuuma spoke as he too sprouted wings and felt his feet dangle freely underneath him. Kakyou held out his hand for Fuuma and the golden eyed boy reached for it, but as their fingers touched, green and red dragons surrounded Fuuma, pulling the boy into nothingness. Kakyou shut his eyes and left only a twinge of pain as his mortal body breathed its last. Fuuma…it will be all right. I’ll see you again. With that fleeting thought, Kakyou cried tears of joy as a pair of familiar emerald eyes smiled lovingly upon him. He was free.

~End of chapter four~


Takeo- Yup, that’s the end of chapter four.
Fuuma- I’m dead…that sucks.
Takeo - ^_^;; yeah well, ummh, it’s not so bad. I mean no more evil assassins or decapitated people floating through your dreams.
Fuuma- But what about ice-cream?
Takeo – There’s plenty of time for ice-cream. Right now, you have other things to worry about -.-