Takeo - I'm back!
Ken - And louder than ever
Takeo - *sticks out her tongue* Meanie
Ken - And that's why you love me ^^
Takeo - Evil boy. Anyway, this is my first Digimon fic, for my lovely D.F.K. Society ^^
Ken - More excuses to have a bad-ass shrine in her resume.
Takeo - True, anyway, there's angst, lime, and kinda AU, songfic style! Oh, and I made ALL the New Digidestined 16 years old. Hope that you don't mind ^^
Ken - Have fun. Takeo doesn't own Digimon, neither does she own "Again" sung by Lenny Kravitz. Thoughts are in italics, lyrics are in ~~~~

Second Chances

~ I've been searching for you ~

Ken Ichijoji walked slowly down the hallway in his new school. Ever since the Digidestined had defeated him and his parents had finally come to terms with just how estranged they were from him, they had transferred him to a new school and no longer held Ken up to his dead brother's expectations. Ken *knew* that the new digidestined hated his guts, even though he had made every amend possible. Ken shook his head softly, willing away the tears that threatened to fall from his lavender eyes. Never gain, never again would he find a friend. Unknown to him, a set of comforting eyes watched as Ken picked up his pace as the bell rang.

~ I heard a cry within my soul ~

Davis smiled feebly, keeping his anger down as Hikari and Takeru talked during lunch, both giggling over a secret. Damn T.K . Every time I try to ask Hikari out he's *always* in the way. Argh! I can't stand it!

"Hi Yolei." Hikari said as the taller girl came in carrying her tray, accompanied by Cody. Both sat down and formalities were exchanged.

"Did you know that Ken is in our school now?" Yolei whispered as she unwrapped her lunch, the sneer in her voice making itself evident. Beside her, Cody's face puffed up in anger.

"How can he show his face around here, after all that he's done? I hate him!" Cody said heatedly as he broke his spork (1). Davis looked up, surprised.

"Look guys, don't get all bent out of shape. He's paying for his wrongs. Give a guy a break." Davis said defensively.

"I don't see why you can be so soft hearted on this matter Davis." Hikari said, Takeru nodding his agreement. Davis did a double take, the venom in Hikari's voice striking him to the quick. The group fell silent as they noticed another's presence in the cafeteria. Standing in gray slacks and a blue Chinese style shirt was Ken looking lost and embarrassed. Four sets of eyes met the cool lavender gaze, hatred emitted from the former. Ken dropped his eyes and hurried out of the cafeteria, in his head, hateful jeers screaming at him. Davis let go of his tray and stood up from the table. Flashing angry eyes at his 'friends' he hurried out after the fleeing boy.


~I never had a yearning quite like this before
Whoever you are, walking right through my door ~

Ken dropped down under a tree in the school yard, his bookbag landing beside him with a thump. Tears washed down his face as he sobbed silently, those piercing stares haunting him, like his digimon's dying eyes.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry." He whispered, tears wetting the sand at his feet. He wished for death long ago, but knowing that his own demise would kill his parents, his gentle heart and soul would never allow such a thing. Ken stared down at the sand, wishing that he could be as insignificant as just that one grain among a million. He never noticed the pounding footsteps that approached him until a voice rang in his ear.

"Hi Ken." Davis said as he plopped down beside Ken, his cheeks red from running. Lavender eyes widened as they met Davis's triumphant gaze.

"What do you want? You and your friends aren't done killing me yet?" Ken asked, sarcasm miles away from his mind. Davis cocked his head to the side and laughed nervously.

"Them? They'll come around. I've seen for myself that you really have changed, and got rid of that totally wack hairstyle." Davis said with a grin. Ken smiled, actually chuckled. Davis was surprised to hear how sweet Ken's voice sounded when he wasn't screaming for revenge.

"Have you looked in a mirror lately? I would say the same." Ken said, the joke bringing more chuckles from his lips, making him feel light inside. Davis fumed and patted Ken good naturedly on his back and the two shared a laugh.

"Funny Ken. Look, don't let the others get to you. And I'm Davis." Davis said as he caught the lavender gaze again, briefly obscured by soft blue locks. Ken nodded.

"I'm Ken. Glad that you're giving me a second chance." Ken said as he held out his hand to receive a handshake. Davis took the offered hand, noticing that his hand was bigger than Ken's and Ken's were soft. Ken blushed awkwardly as he withdrew his hand, noticing a puzzled expression pass in Davis's eyes.

"Well, I'll see you around. Maybe at a soccer game or something? You are trying out , right?" Davis asked as he got to his feet. Ken nodded.

"I wouldn't miss it." Ken replied.


~ All of my life
Where have you been?
I wonder if I'll ever see you again ~

Ken sat in the bleachers as he stayed after school to tryout for the soccer team, dressed in gray shorts and a white T-shirt. He watched as Davis ran the veterans through a few runs. Ken watched as Davis moved across the field. I remember the time that I played against you, I can never account for that tackle were you scarped my leg. Maybe I can learn that someday. If you don't hate me. Ken smiled, brushing blue locks from his eyes. A whistle rang out and Davis ran over to Ken.

"Hi Ken. Ready?" Davis asked as he held out his hand, smiling brightly. Ken felt a knot twist in his stomach, as he accepted Davis's hand. If I ever saw that smile when my brother died, would I have been so cruel? Ken shut up his thoughts as he offered a weak smile, praying that his cheeks didn't burn. Davis smiled as he let go of Ken's hand, marveling for the second time that day. He's' got soft hands, smaller than mine, almost slender and graceful, and his hair… looks so pretty , especially when the wind blows. Davis smacked his hand and almost wished he could smack his head against the wall for thinking about Ken like that. Ken stood in the center of the field while the coach waved for the veterans of the team to sit and watch the tryouts. Davis watched Ken as he flew across the field, his slender body dazzling to watch. I know that Ken is good, but he looks so graceful and damn long legs! Davis turned red. He couldn't believe the voices going crazy in his head. Thankfully for Davis, the tryouts ended and Ken rejoined Davis on the bleachers.

"Think that I did okay?" Ken asked.

"Sure. I mean, at your old school you were a legendary. You just have me to compete with." Davis said with a smile. Ken smiled back, the first true one in years and Davis felt that that smile was very important.

"I better get going. I…I guess that I'll see you tomorrow." Ken said as he sat up, picking up his bookbag with him. Davis ran a hand through his hair and smiled.

"Okay. Bye " he replied. Ken nodded and left.

Davis sat for a moment in the bleachers, rolling over just what kind of effect Ken had on him as he watched the blue haired boy leave.

He's so lonely and sad, and I can't believe that the guys *still* hate him. Can't they see that he's changed?

Forget them. Ken's nice, you like him don't you?

(At this point, Davis blushed and then fumed)

Are you saying that I'm gay?! I like Hikari!

Riiiight…and yet you're *still* watching Ken leave. Weren't you the one looking into his eyes, feeling his hand, looking at his hair and his long smooth legs? And besides, what does gender have anything to do with love? You know that Hikari is a lost cause.

(Davis glowed red but calmed down) Okay, wait, I love Ken?!

Duh! Why are you looking at him the way you are now? Why are you feeling incomplete without him laughing beside you? It felt *right* when he was with you, and you let him go!

Davis stopped the argument in his head and gathered up his things quickly. Waving goodbye to his friends, he took off, heading home to iron out just what he wanted with Ken.


~ And if that day comes, I know we could win.
I wonder if I'll ever see you again ~

Ken felt happier as he arrived at school the next day. He knew that he liked Davis, something about the other boy made him feel safe, like someone that promised to keep his nightmares away, give him a chance to start his life again, even though he felt that he didn't deserve it. Throwing his books into his locker, Ken smiled as he remembered when Davis held out his hand to him, a smile in his eyes the day before. Stop it Ken, you know that he doesn't like guys. He's always pining at that Hikari girl, get a grip.

Davis watched silently as Ken headed down the hallway, avoiding looking at people. Drawing his breath, Davis ran down the hallway.

"Hi Ken." Davis said as he fell into step beside Ken. Ken looked up, giving Davis a smile.

"Hi. I thought that I wouldn't see you again. I mean, your friends and all. I don’t want to draw you away from them. More reasons for them to hate me." Ken said. Davis blinked. Time for my plan Ken, let's see if you know half the hell I'm going through for you.

"Nah Ken. It's just you and me today okay?" Davis said, his 'plan' to get Ken alone, already in the making. Ken blushed.

"Alone? Are we practicing or something?" Ken asked, willing his raging emotions to take a back seat and stop reading things the way he wished them to be.

"Well, the tryouts aren't just showing your skill you know?" Davis said.


~A secret gift of heaven
For better, worse, whatever ~

Ken nodded.

"Where should I meet you then?" he replied.

"Under that bridge that's near the soccer field. I'll be waiting for you." Davis said as he waved and ran into his class. Ken stood in the emptying hallway for a moment, his heart calming down from the panicked frenzy. I can't wait to see you too. Ken smiled and ran into his own class before he was late.


~ And I would never let somebody break you down
or take your crown, never…~

Ken sat at a table during lunch, surviving the looks that Cody and Yolei sent him. Seems like those two hate me the most…I think that Davis should hate me the most,

he's the one who went through the most…still…it hurts. Ken swallowed his food, keeping a straight face, ignoring the now four glares sent his way from a table off to his right. Davis came into the lunch room, surrounded by his soccer buddies. He spotted Ken, glaring back at someone and following his gaze, he wasn't surprised to see an upset Yolei. Ken put his bookbag to block out the crazed female before she made him choke on his food.

"Who does he think he is?" Yolei cried as she slammed her fist on the table, causing a rattle to ring out.

"Cut it out already, Sheesh!" Davis said as he approached the table.

"So, you made friends with him." Hikari asked, or rather, a statement.

"Yeah, so?" Davis inquired. Without waiting for an answer, he went to join Ken at his table where most of his friends were already sitting down. Davis moved the bookbag aside and met an angry lavender gaze that softened the instance Davis's brown eyes met them.

"How's it going? Rough huh?" Davis asked with a smile, brushing against Ken's hand.

"That Yolei hates me. I'm getting annoyed. I know that they don't like me, but damn, I didn't make her life on Earth a living hell, just the digital one; she's making the only one I have even more unbearable. Sorry Davis." Ken said as he poked at the tatotots(2) on his tray.

"Yeah, she's annoying at times, leave her be. Anyway, your life can't be that unbearable." Davis said as he dug into his own food. Ken was silent for a moment.

"Thoughts sometimes keep the nightmares away." Ken replied, his eyes dropping to his tray. Davis stopped chewing his food and swallowed it, fixing Ken with a look.

"Nightmares? Are they really that bad?" Davis asked. Ken didn't answer, but Davis caught the far off gaze in Ken's eyes. Such pain...and anger and gentleness?!

"I…I don't want to talk about it, not here." Ken replied, his voice a whisper. Davis nodded.

"It's okay. Those must be some pretty nice thoughts to keep those at bay." Davis said with a wink in his eyes.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Ken said with a twinkle in his eyes. Davis caught it and smiled.


~ All of my life, where have you been?
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we could win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again ~

Ken's POV

After that afternoon, I met Davis everyday under the bridge. We would talk about our families, and about the digital world, it turned out that the digidestined needing my help and I complied, but worked on my own. Wormon was reborn, my heart simply shattered, knowing that he forgave me. He helped me become a stronger person and I couldn't have been happier. My nightmares of my brother dying, of Wormon dying and everyone hating me finally lessened. Davis replaced the nightmares little by little… his smile always lit up my world. Wormon told me sometime yesterday that I was back to my *real* self again, gentle. Being gentle was something that I have held on to because it has given me compassion and makes me more open to assessing my feelings. I know now, after three months of befriending Davis that I love him. I can't bare to tell him because I think that he still likes that girl Hikari and I want him to be happy. I actually told Mama that I liked guys over girls and she didn't seem to mind, she was actually excited. Dad didn't mind either, but since I'm now their only child, they fully support my decision, they just don't want me to get hurt. I can live with that.


~ All through time
I've always known
That you were there ~

Davis's POV

It’s great to be in the digital world again. Like I said, the others came around after Ken proved himself. I could see all that darkness flee him when the others said that they had forgiven him, and they truly had which was cool and all. Now, Yolei always gets this look in her eye everytime I say that Ken and I are hanging out together after school. We're on the same freaking team! Of course, she can see what is really going through my head, she's the only one who I think has guessed that I have a thing for Ken. Correction, not a thing. I want that boy like I've never wanted anyone before! It's like an obsession, being with him. And I have the crest of courage! No use you know since I can't work up the nerve to tell Ken that I want him to be mine and mine alone. Sounds crazy doesn't it? But it's not because I'm so afraid, afraid of losing him to the darkness that still lingers in him, that part of him that even I can't touch, but no more, if staying Ken's friend is the closet that I'll ever get to him…so be it.


~ Upon your throne
a lonely queen
without her king ~

3rd POV

Ken sat silently as he waited under the bridge. It was already dark and Davis was late. Brushing blue locks from his eyes, Ken sighed. Davis was never *this* late before. Ken was starting to get worried, fearing that something terrible had happened to Davis. No! Davis is not my brother, Davis is strong and besides, he could have been held up in school or something, be calm Ken. Ken urged himself to stand up, resisting the urge to pace.


~I longed for you,
my love forever ~

Davis sighed as he saw Ken's slim figure standing out under the bridge, the nights light adding a soft glow to him. Ken looked up as he heard pounding footsteps.

"Davis!" Ken cried as Davis came to a full halt, looking sheepish. Davis blushed as two arms came around him, in a tight hug.

"Ken, you're squeezing too hard." Davis said. Ken pulled back, relief in his eyes. Ken then blushed, noticing that Davis's arms were on his shoulders, shaking him to get a grip.

"I'm sorry. I was…I'm just glad that you're here." Ken said, dropping his arms to his sides. Davis smiled at the soft expression on Ken's face. The two stood, Davis not knowing what to do, drew Ken closer to him, till their noses almost touched.

"Ken...I…I…I got this for you." Davis said as he fumbled around in his pocket and pulled out an old fashioned watch, silver in colour with a sliver chain, a yin yang engraved in it. Ken looked at the gift, confusion on his face.

"This is why you were late? It's beautiful Da-kun, but why are you giving it to me? It's very valuable." Ken said as he put the watch back in Davis's pocket.

"Not as valuable as you. Ai...ai shiteru Ken-chan." Davis whispered as he caught Ken's lips in his, savouring the feeling of love that washed over him. Lavender eyes shut as Ken whimpered in Davis's arms, his heart racing wildly in his ears. Davis pulled Ken closer, lips now crushed against one another. Ken's trembling lips parted, Davis's tongue slipping in to explore and touch the gentle soul that was now on the verge of tears. Davis pulled away, sucking in air as his fingers traced Ken's slightly swelling lips.

"I love you Ken. From the moment I saw you, even though you were the enemy, and the fact that you changed and overcame all that crap that happened to you and still turned out as beautiful as ever, I couldn't help but love you." Davis whispered heatedly, hoping against wildest hope that Ken felt *something* for him. Shocked lavender eyes darted back at Davis, tears sliding down ivory skin. Davis's copper hand wiped them away, gently lifting Ken's face to his.

"Ai shiteru. I always have, even when no one was on my side, it was you that…that gave me strength to go on. Thank you, for, for giving me my chance." Ken replied, eyes still soaked in tears. Davis smiled.

"That's just the kind of guy that I am." He said with a small chuckle. Tracing Ken's eyes slowly, Davis reeled his itooshi in for another hard kiss.


~ All of my life. Where have you been?
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we would win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again. ~

Davis waited impatiently the next morning. He was up three hours early, just so that he could spend the two hours before school with just Ken and Ken alone. My boyfriend, my sweet boyfriend. Davis laughed at the impish thought, wondering what his sister would say if she ever saw him taking Ken's breath away. Davis's early wake was rewarded as Ken came out of his apartment, waving goodbye to his parents. Running down the stairs, Ken exited the building, surprised to see Davis grinning from ear to ear.

"You came to see me? How nice of you." Ken said as he approached Davis. Davis smiled and grabbed Ken with a bear hug, Ken's laugh tickling his neck.

"Couldn't stop thinking about you after last night.(3) I love you so much." Davis whispered as he captured 's Ken's lips to show him just how much he had been missed. Ken purred in content as Davis's arms held him tighter, offering warmth and love. Pulling away reluctantly, Ken twined his fingers with Davis and gave his boyfriend a kiss, blushing as he did so.

"I love you too." Ken replied, tugging Davis towards the road that led to their school.


~ All of my life. Where have you been?
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
And if that day comes
I know we would win
I wonder if I'll ever see you again ~

Davis eyed his lunch, his lips in a pout as he sat with his friends.

"What's wrong Davis? Afraid that you scared Ken off with that watch that you bought for him?" Yolei asked as she noticed Davis's tense mood. To her surprise, Davis broke out in a radiant smile as Ken appeared with his tray, said a quick hello to everyone at the table and sat beside Davis.


~ I wonder if I'll ever see you again
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
I wonder if I'll ever see you again
(fades) ~

"Hi Da-chan." Ken whispered, the blue haired boy leaning over and engaged his love in a liplock, the table falling silent. Davis placed his hands on Ken's shoulders and

pulled away from his boyfriend, a smirk in his eyes.

"Yolei, my boyfriend Ken." Davis said as he pulled Ken in for an encore as his friends broke out clapping. My plan worked and what a wonderful reward!

OWARI


(1) The spork. A cross between a fork and a spoon.
(2) Tatotots are small fried potatoes. Yummy!
(3) NO. They didn't sleep together. Hentais!
Takeo - Damn! That was long!
Ken - Sap Takeo, my teeth are hurting!
Davis - Wait till I get you in the sack.
Takeo - Oi!