Takeo – Chapter Four of Dining at Xiu’s ^_^

Chapter Four: Crimson Lighting

Eris sighed as he sat on the living room couch. He was snuggled in his lover’s arms, Shuu fast asleep after the massive snowball fight that had ensured outside the Trooper’s home as they shoveled up snow around the large mansion. There’s something about you…and your friends Shu-chan. I sense something unusual, but you won’t tell me. And then, there’s that Seiji… At the thought of the blond trooper, Eris tensed. He didn’t like Seiji in the least. There was something in those blue eyes that unnerved him.

“Hmm…”Shuu murmured in his sleep as his hands held Eris closer. Eris smiled softly as he kissed Shuu, the Trooper responding with fervor.

“Shu-chan.” Eris whispered as their lips parted.

“Seiji.” Shuu moaned as his eyes rolled open, meeting face to face with angry red eyes.

“Why did you say his name like that Shu-kun?” Eris spoke coldly, removing himself from Shuu’s arms. Shuu sat up, a blush spreading through his features.

“I’m so sorry Eris! I should have told you. Forgive me!” Shuu cried as he got on his knees and clasped Eris’s legs, the ebony haired youth perplexed.

“Shuu, ever since we’ve been here, that Seiji guy keeps looking at you. And those looks were not friendly. Is he after you? I swear I’ll fight for what’s mine.” Eris spoke heatedly. In the back of Shuu’s mind, he pictured Seiji fighting Eris. He winced. Seiji was an expert swordsman. Eris wouldn’t be a challenge.

“Eri-chan…I have a confession to make.” Shuu spoke quietly, looking into Eris’s eyes. Eris stilled, fearing the worse. He doesn’t love me. He loves that Seiji guy.

“Go ahead.” Eris spoke, banishing the tremor that filled his throat.

“This morning, Seiji and I…we…slept together.” Shuu spoke, trembling as tears filled his eyes. “We didn’t mean to!” Shuu spoke as Eris’s eyes widened. He pushed Shuu away as he rose from the couch.

“How long have you been cheating on me Shuu? The first night we were together…you never said you loved me. Where you thinking of him? Do you love him?” Eris spoke, his voice rising higher with every word. Shuu stood, shocked to his core.

“Eris no! What we have is the most precious thing to me!” Shuu spoke as he tried to take hold of Eris’s hand.

“Let go of me liar!” Eris spoke as tears spilled down his cheeks. Shuu’s heart tore in two. He felt lower than any creature could feel.

“No! Eris, please, hear me out!” Shuu spoke as he held onto his boyfriend’s hand. Eris turned around and slapped Shuu hard. A red tinge appeared on Shuu’s bronze skin and Eris withdrew his hand shaking. The black haired youth looked into Shuu’s cobalt eyes. Shuu’s eyes were filled with hurt.

“Shuu, I’m sorry.” Eris spoke as he tried to hold Shuu. Shuu shook off Eris’s hand off him.

“I deserved that. I’ll just leave. But I want you to know that I have never cheated on you Eris. I made an unwise decision when I slept with Seiji this morning. But I didn’t do it because I didn’t care about you. And I wasn’t going to hide my unfaithfulness from you.” Shuu spoke as he grabbed his coat. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he grabbed his coat and fled to the safety of the outdoors.

Eris stood in the center of the living room, his hands tingling from the slap he had administered to Shuu. He knew Shuu had spoken the truth. He would never hurt me…he cares for me so much…but why Shuu? Why can’t you love me like I love you? Eris blinked as warm salty tears streamed down his cheeks. He was confused and hurt. I shouldn’t have slapped him. I know Shuu’s strong, but I shouldn’t have hit him. “Shuu!” Eris called as he ran after his lover, intent on apologizing and finding out the whole story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shuu kept running, the scene before him a white blur as he collapsed face first into a pile of snow, his warm tears hissing against the cold snow. He sat up, snowflakes in his dark blue smokey hair as his coat remained unzipped, Kongo’s bearer tilting his head upward to look at the clear blue sky, snowflakes gliding down all around him. Shuu buried his face in his hands, his hands almost frozen from the cold.

“I should have resisted Seiji this morning. It’s not worth it, if I hurt Eris. But I don’t want to hurt Seiji either. How can they both love me? How can I love either of them? How can anyone love stupid Shuu no baka!” Shuu screamed out into the air, the forest around him silent. Shuu laughed bitterly as no sound reached his ears but a faint echo of his own voice. “It figures. I’ve always wanted to be loved, just for one moment, no matter how impossible it seemed, because it seemed that I would be lonely for the rest of my life. And fate is proving me right by having two people love me. They both deserve to be loved. I…I guess I’m not the one to love them back.” Shuu spoke, letting his arms dangle at his sides.

“Shuu! Where are you? Shuu!” someone called in the distance. Shuu looked up as he shielded his eyes from a biting wind that began to pick up, whipping snowflakes and ice into a frenzy. The trees in the forest seemed to bend their barks to avoid the harsh wind.

“Who’s there?” Shuu called back as he got to his feet.

“Shuu! It’s Eris! Where are you? I can’t see you. I’m, I’m so cold!” Eris yelled back, his black hair obscuring his vision as he clung to a bare tree. Shuu spotted Eris’s red sweater a distance away and he ran in that direction, shouting reassurances to his boyfriend.

Eris sighed in relief, shivering as he spotted Shuu’s bright orange jacket and his lover’s strong voice calling out to him. Eris moved away from the tree and almost shrieked in terror as a tree being swayed by the almost violent wind toppled over and struck the black haired boy, trapping him against the cold snow and a great weight across his back. Eris only heard Shuu’s scream as he passed out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seiji stared outside the kitchen window, a cup of green tea in his hand. The snowstorm was coming back again, ferocious winds tearing at the unfortunate trees outside. Seiji frowned as he remembered seeing Eris and Shuu cuddled up in the living room almost an hour ago. Shin’s words from earlier in the morning came back to Seiji’s mind. “Have it your way Seiji. No one ever said that love was easy. Think of it as a battle that must be fought. One that scars will be acquired. Are you willing to sacrifice his happiness for your own?” Seiji sighed. He knew he loved Shuu, more than anything in the world. “I shouldn’t have forced myself on him. Eris loves him, and he loves Eris. Shuu is happy with him. Why can’t I be content with that?” Seiji asked, staring outside the snowy scene outside.

“Yes, why can’t you be content Seiji?” Touma asked as he walked into the kitchen, plopping down on a chair. His serious blue eyes rested on Seiji whom was a bit frozen from his unintentionally voiced thoughts.

“Because…I want to be the reason why he smiles.” Seiji replied. Touma sighed.

“I don’t know what exactly happened Seiji, but talk with Shuu. It will help sort things out.” Touma spoke as he got up and walked to the fridge. Seiji offered a small smile.

“I’ve made a mess of things haven’t I?” Seiji replied with a small sigh.

“Royally my friend.” Touma said with a cheeky smile intended to cheer Seiji up. Both troopers stopped talking as they felt a tinge through their yoroi bond. It felt that the very Earth trembled as it struggled against some heavy force.

“Shuu!” Seiji cried out as he leapt off the counter top and grabbed his coat, using his link to find Shuu. I’m coming Shuu! Seiji’s consciousness screamed as he sprinted into the storm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shuu grunted as he placed his hands under the large tree that had almost killed Eris. Concentrating and shutting his eyes tightly, Shuu felt his familiar power course through him like a warm caress.

“I’ll have you out of here in a jiffy Eris.” Shuu spoke as he gritted his teeth. His justice symbol flashed on his forehead as he heaved the large tree into the air and threw it away, sending it crashing to the ground. Shuu carefully picked up Eris, whose eyes were shut, his face a bit paler than usual.

“Shuu, are you okay?” Seiji called as he finally found Shuu, the dark haired trooper looking downcast as he held Eris delicately in his arms.

“Seiji, I’m glad you’re here. Eris almost got killed because of me. We had a fight and he hit me and I left and he came after me, and the storm started up and a tree fell on him!” Shuu spoke, tears filling his eyes. Seiji sighed as he placed his hand on Shuu’s cheek, brushing the tears away. He never wanted to see Shuu cry, see those dark cobalt eyes twisted in pain, like back in the days of the Dynasty.

“It’s not your fault Shu-kun. Nature does what she wants when she wants. Let’s go back to the mansion. I’ll get Eris fixed up, come on.” Seiji spoke softly as they walked back to the mansion. Nasuti, Touma, Ryo and Shin stood outside, waiting anxiously and a smile lit up their features as they saw the three men approach.

“Glad you made it back in one piece. What happened to Eris?” Shin called as the two troopers entered the house.

“Eris got slammed by a tree. But Shuu got it off him in record time. I’m just going to heal his back. Get some warm blankets and a fresh change of clothes. Eris’s is really cold.” Seiji spoke. Shuu offered him a grateful smile. He really couldn’t speak at the moment. Shin complied. Nasuti and Touma went into the kitchen to prepare some tea for Shuu and Seiji while Ryo helped Seiji and Shuu strip Eris down to his boxers. Eris lay on his stomach, his breathing shallow but his pulse steady. Seiji concentrated and felt his symbol light up on his forehead. He placed his hands on Eris’s back and mended the bruised ribs. Come on Eris, Shuu needs you.

“Seiji, are you okay?” Shuu asked in concern. Seiji’s green field around his body was fading. The blond Trooper fell backwards, a bit dizzy at all the power he had channeled into healing Eris. Shuu caught him and lead Seiji to the comfortable recliner.

“I’m fine Shuu. I just overdid it a bit.” Seiji spoke with a nod as he rested his fingers against his forehead. Shuu smiled warmly.

“Take it easy okay? I’ll get you something to drink.” Shuu replied. Shin came down the stairs and shooed Shuu back to Eris.

“Get him dressed. I’ll get Seiji some tea.” Shin spoke as Shuu nodded. He knelt by the couch and dressed Eris up, carefully tying his lover’s hair back into its usual ponytail. Eris sat up, crimson eyes focusing on Shuu whom was sliding socks onto Eris’s feet.

“Shuu!” Eris cried as his eyes widened in surprise. The last thing he remembered was a giant tree crushing him, and then seeing Shuu lifting the tree, his body draped in warm orange light.

“Eris! You’re awake! Are you okay? You shouldn’t have come after me! It was all my fault!” Shuu spoke rapidly as Eris glomped him, sending them both to the floor. Eris blinked in surprise. He knew that his back was hurt, so then how come he felt better than ever?

“It wasn’t your fault silly. I’m sorry about our fight Shuu. The thought of losing you over something that wasn’t entirely in your control…” Eris spoke as he wrapped his arms around Shuu. Shuu responded in kind, sighing softly, happy that Eris was okay. Crimson eyes met blue eyes across the room. Seiji’s expression was like ice as he stared back at Eris, but Eris smiled, nodding in understanding.

“Seiji…thank you.” Eris spoke as he and Shuu rose to their feet. Seiji’s blue expression remained impassive, but his eyes wavered. The rest of the troopers and Nasuti emerged from the kitchen.

“I haven’t done anything except come between you and Shuu.” Seiji spoke bluntly as he rose from his seat.

“I’m…beginning to understand why. You and your friends…you all share a special connection…something that has bonded you deeply. I can feel it so strongly now more than ever. When that tree hit me, I was conscious long enough to see when Shuu *lifted* it off me and he was glowing orange!” Eris spoke as he turned to his boyfriend. “You’re special…you have some sort of power don’t you Shu-kun? If felt like the earth had embraced me for the longest time. Please Shuu, tell me what’s going on.” Eris asked as he clasped Shuu’s hands. “I won’t reject you if that’s your fear…I love you Shuu…I don’t care if you’re different from me.” Eris almost cried as he buried his head in Shuu’s strong shoulder. Shuu looked perplexed to say the least and the rest of the Troopers weren’t that far off.

“It’s not only my secret to tell Eris. Being with me could endanger your life, even though our current threat is gone. I don’t want you to get hurt because of what I have been given in life.” Shuu replied as he wiped Eris’s tears away. The other troopers looked to Nasuti who nodded.

“It won’t hurt to tell him.” Nasuti replied. Seiji sighed and spoke.

“We are the Yorioden Samurai Troopers. We were granted powers to protect the world from evil. We fought in a different realm and here on earth to saved humanity from being overrun by Arago, an evil warlord and his flunkies. His flunkies, the Mashos were misguided souls that eventually retuned to the way of truth. We have armors that we call upon to fight. I have the power of light, Shin has water, Touma has air, Ryo has fire, and Shuu is earth. We also have attributes that give meaning to our power. Shuu is justice, I am wisdom/courtesy, Touma is life, Shin is trust and Ryo is virtue.” Seiji spoke. Eris stood in awe as each Trooper glowed with their power.

“Thank you all, for telling me. On behalf of everyone who does not know of the hardships you have faced, I say thank you. And I’m guessing that you are all bonded through your armors?” Eris asked. The troopers nodded.

“Keeping connected strengthens us and our armors.” Shin said with a gentle smile.

“Okay, now that Eris is now a part of our family, let’s make some dinner and lighten the mood.” Nasuti called as she drove the Troopers into the kitchen, leaving Eris, Shuu and Seiji alone in the living room.

“Shuu, I won’t pursue you. Your happiness matters to me and I refuse to cause you any strife. And Eris, I’m sorry that I have acted coldly towards you. I envy you for I wish to be in your place.” Seiji spoke as he addressed the two. He could feel the tears welling up in his eyes as he spoke. Eris smile saddened. If Shuu can love us both…

“No Seiji. Don’t say that. I must be honest. I love you both. But I do not wish to hurt either one of you. Eris, I love you because despite what you’ve learned about me, you still love me. You don’t look upon me and my friends as strangers. Seiji, I’ve been to hell and back with you, you know me better than anyone else. There will always be a connection between us.” Shuu spoke as he held on to Seiji’s hand.

“I have an idea. I know you aren’t comfortable with it because you’ve said that you could never be certain of the people’s feelings…but we both love you Shuu, and you love us. Isn’t there room for both of us in your life? “Eris asked. Shuu’s eyes grew huge.

“Are you suggesting…” Shuu asked, blushing red.

“A threesome?” Seiji asked with a piqued eyebrow. Eris laughed.

“Not entirely. You and I can spend time with Shuu on different occasions. There won’t be anything other than a friendship between us. I only want Shuu.” Eris spoke to Seiji as the blond looked interested.

“Well how about it Shuu?” Seiji asked. The only reply was an incoherent sound as Shuu passed out on the floor.

“Shuu?” Eris asked worriedly. Seiji laughed.

“I think we just overloaded his senses. That’s his way of saying yes.” Seiji replied as he knelt down next to Shuu’s prone figure.

“Then why is his eyebrow twitching like that?” Eris asked. Seiji sweatdropped and from the kitchen Touma erupted in loud laughter.

End of chapter four

Takeo – Hmm, two lovers. ^_^v
Shuu- Is that legal? I mean, isn’t Seiji thinking up some devilish plan to get rid of Eris?
Seiji - ::purrs:: come here Shu-bear.
Shuu – Argh! ::dragged off by fiesty blond:: Hey, don’t poke me with that ::muffled shouts::
Eris – What’s going on?
Takeo –Seiji sighed Shuu out for some private fun
Eris – Oh. I better sign up next. I need some attention. ::bishounen wonders off::
Takeo – Oi, must separate yaoi harem into separate anime series before I start writing crossover fics.

Back to Chapter Three || On to Chapter Five