Takeo – Hey, a new fic, a first one of Card Captor Sakura.
Yukito – This is a nice place to live in, don’t you think Tou-chan?
Touya – Sure it is. Are you going to eat ALL of that?
Yukito – * smiles * Of course. Anyway, Takeo doesn’t own Card Captor Sakura or its characters. Warnings, angst. It’s her first CCS fic so please let her get used to us okay? She also doesn't own "Here with me" sung by Dido.
Takeo – He’s so sweet.

Here With Me


I didn’t hear you leave
I wonder how am I still here

Yukito sighed as he sat under his favorite tree after school. He was concentrating on his chemistry homework, or pretending to at the very least. His throat was sore but that didn't bother him. Kaho, Touya's old girlfriend had come back to Tomeda as a teacher. She was currently watching Touya at soccer practice. Touya had completely ignored him all day and Yukito showed no signs of pain. Yukito was shocked out of his painful memory as a tear splashed against his book.


And I don't want to move a thing
It might change my memory

Yukito forced himself to his feet and went to watch Touya practice, the dark haired boy moving with aggressive speed over the field. Touya lifted his head as he scored a goal. He waved at Kaho was cheering and he caught sight of Yukito and waved as well. Yukito waved back. He could never let Touya see him unhappy. Yukito left quickly, heading for where he had left his bicycle. He couldn't stay here knowing that Touya would never see him as anything more than a friend. That's probably because he doesn't go for guys... I should go before I do something stupid... Yukito hurriedly wheeled out his bike and got on, speeding out of the schoolyard as silently as he had come in.


Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want
But I can't hide

Yukito waved as he saw Sakura and her friend Tomoyo walking home.

"Hey Yukito!" Sakura called as she roller bladed to where Yukito had stopped.

"Hi Sakura, hi Tomoyo, is everything okay?" Yukito asked as he smiled. Sakura blushed for a moment at the beautiful picture that Yukito made; hazel eyes lit up with a hint of sadness.

"Everything's fine. You're coming to lunch like you promised?" Sakura asked.

"Of course I will. I always do." Yukito replied. Sakura nodded and she bladed back over to Tomoyo.

"Bye Yukito!" Tomoyo called as Yukito set off again, waving to the two girls.

"He seemed sad Sakura." Tomoyo said as she linked hands with her friend. Sakura nodded, her brow furrowed in concentration.

"He is, I could feel it. I hope he'll be okay by tonight." Sakura said.

"With your cooking, he might need a doctor." Tomoyo said with a laugh.

"Ok, it's not THAT bad." Sakura said.

"Of course not. I was just teasing." Tomoyo said as she squeezed Sakura's hand. Sakura smiled softly.


I won't go
I won't sleep
I can't breathe
Until you're resting here with me

Yukito smiled as Sakura shoved a plate of hot food under his nose later on the evening.

"Dig in." Sakura said as she beamed.

"Wait a minute. I got this for you." Yukito said as he dug through his book bag and produced a book on cheerleading. Sakura squealed in excitement and hugged Yukito.

"Thanks Yukito, I've been looking for this book forever." Sakura said.

"No problem." Yukito said with a smile. He concentrated on doing Sakura's food justice. Sakura glared as she made out the out line of her brother in the doorway.

"Hey Kaijuu.(1)" Touya said as he strolled into the kitchen.

"Hmmp. Evil has made itself known. This is what I have to live with Yukito." Sakura said as she completely ignored her brother.

"Are you sure you want to eat that Yuki? Who knows what she's put in it?" Touya said as he rested his hand on Yukito's shoulder. Yukito blushed, his silver frames slipping off his face.

"I don't think so Touya." Yukito said as he bundled his flustered nerves and dug into the food with relish. Sakura shook her head. She knew that Yukito was an enthusiastic eater; that was what she loved about him. Touya watched in fascination as Yukito cleared the plate and smiled at Sakura.

"It was very good Sakura. Maybe you could convince Touya to taste a bit." Yukito said as he sat up.

"On my death bed. Come on Yuki. Bye shrimp." Touya said as he grabbed Yukito's hand and led him out of the kitchen.


I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be
Until you're resting here with me

"Touya, could I have my glasses back?" Yukito asked as Touya sat him down in the living room.

"Sure." Touya said as he delicately opened the slender frames and put them back on Yukito's face, silver bangs brushing against his hand as he did so. Yukito blushed as Touya's hand lingered for a moment on his face.

"Touya?" Yukito asked uncertainly.

" Hai Yuki?" Touya asked. Yukito was silent for a moment, silently contemplating his decision.


I don't want to call my friends
They might wake me from this dream

Yukito looked up and caught dark blue eyes starring at him inquiringly.

"It's more of a statement. Ai shiteru Tou-kun." Yukito whispered softly, his cheeks burning as the words passed his lips. Touya was silent, a confused look on his face. Yukito lowered his head as the uncomfortable silence set in.

"I... don't feel the same way Yuki. You understand." Touya said softly. Yukito nodded and got up.

"I'm...I'm sorry Touya. I shouldn't have asked." Yukito whispered as he gathered his books and ran from the Kinomoto house, tears in his eyes as he hurried home. Touya lowered his head and sighed.


And I can't leave this bed
Risk forgetting all that's been

Yukito was on his bed, cheeks wet with tears as he cried his lonely heart out. How stupid could I have been? I shouldn't have...we can never be friends again...we shouldn't have been friends to begin with...Kami, what have I done? Yukito sobbed even harder, nothing but the darkness in his room as his only comfort.


Oh I am what I am
I'll do what I want

Yukito woke as the rising sun cast its rays into his small apartment. He sighed as the previous day's events rushed back to his mind. He lay against his pillow, and another heartbreak washed over him in its full intensity. He looked at the time. It was five in the morning. I'm not going to school today, I don't have the strength, or the heart...


I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be
Until you're resting here with me

Yukito rose to his feet and took a long bath, helping to lift his mood. He sat by his desk, looking at all his neatly arranged books. There was a picture of he and Touya on the first day of high school. He ripped Touya out of the picture and threw it into the waste paper basket by his desk. He reached for his pen and started writing...


I won't leave
I can't hide
I cannot be

Touya and Sakura approached Yukito's apartment as night fell.

"I can't believe that Yukito didn't show up at all today. Are you sure that you don't know why?" Sakura asked as she knocked on Yukito's door. Touya remained silent as he fished out the spare key that opened Yukito's apartment. He opened the door and he and Sakura went it.

"Let's look for him." Touya said. Sakura nodded. Touya headed to a slightly opened door and he found Yukito's study. The place was usually neat on the few occasions that Touya had seen it. There was a paper on the desk and a picture. Touya picked up the picture and realized that it was one of he and Yukito except that he had been tore out of the picture. He put the picture down and picked up the paper. Yukito's elegant handwriting graced the paper and Touya read.

It was too much to ask, to tell him how much I loved him. I've always done what I felt is right...not hiding my feelings, but this time...it's real and powerful and my world ended when he didn't feel the same way. The pain makes me regret my decision. Isn't an ignorant man the happiest? He doesn't know of the gloom above his head, the utterance of words that have now robbed me of what I value the most. It's silly really, falling for a boy, and one at that who wants nothing but a friend from you. I'm truly beyond stupid at this point and people wonder what the meaning of life is. I know I don't know... I just know that I've made a mistake and ruined the best friendship that I've ever had. If Ryo had still been with me, I wouldn't have to go through all this again...but I can't change my life, the way I feel...it's simply me. Maybe, it's not too late to find Ryo once again... The words stopped there and Touya put the letter down with shaking fingers as Sakura's voice raced through the apartment. Touya ran to where his sister was. She was in the kitchen.

"Touya, he's he's..." Sakura whispered as she cried softly. Touya cursed himself for his coldness as he saw Yukito curled up on the floor, his wrists slit.

"Sakura, stick with me. Call the hospital!" Touya shouted as he tried to control his own tears as he lifted Yukito's head into his arms, the silver hair losing its glimmer. Yukito opened his eyes softly and saw both Sakura and Touya bent over him.

"I'm sorry Sakura. Forgive me." Yukito whispered as he closed his eyes.

"Yuki, don't do this, you'll make it." Touya said angrily as he held pale slender fingers in his bronzed hand. Yukito smiled weakly, hazel eyes resting on Touya. Tears spilled down Touya's cheek and splashed unto Yukito's hand.

"Don't cry. I'm glad that I'm still your friend." Yukito said as Touya cradled him to his chest. Yukito shut his eyes and he was gone. Sakura dissolved into tears and Touya clutched his friend closer, comforting his sister.

" I should have thought about it. I was so stupid. I'm sorry Yuki, please." Touya whispered softly.

The End

(1) Kaijuu - Japanese for monster. Touya calls Sakura this all the time. Like how all siblings argue.


Tomoyo - Okay, so Takeo's first fic had death. Are you depressed or something?
Takeo - You could say so. I have to go...