Takeo - It's Chapter One of Zutto Higure!
Yukito - Takeo doesn't own Card Captor Sakura or any of us. ^^
Touya - Warnings, shounen ai, shoujo ai, even a tinsy bit of lime and angst. And a bit of humor ^^

Chapter One : Tomeda to Tokyo

Touya and Sakura walked eagerly down the streets of Tokyo, getting a ride in one of the numerous taxi's drawn by people. Women wove in and out of the market, while some men sat in a quiet corner, playing a game of Chinese Checkers. Sakura drew her coat towards her body as her breath came in small puffy clouds.

"It's cold up here Touya." She said as her eyes skimmed the rise and fall of homes and shrines.

"I agree. But we'll soon be at the palace." Touya replied as his slender fingers clenched tightly around his violin case. Sakura sat silently for a moment, observing her brother's profile. The jaw was set and firm, showing no sighs of anxiety or fear. Sakura glanced at the blue orbs of her brother. They were filled with a mix of emotions. She placed her small hand in her brother's and gave it a small squeeze.

"I have faith in you oniisan." Sakura said, her green eyes shining with hope and excitement. Touya squeezed back and a small smile settled on his lips. Both siblings looked out of their cab and beheld the steadily increasing wall of gold and red that met their eyes. They had entered the Emperor's palace, along with several other young and hopeful artists, reaching for a dream.


Syaoran stood by his father's side as the artists and musicians gathered onto the open space in the palace. He spotted the young woman known as the Magic Painter, Tomoyo Daidouji. Many people had gathered and in the great multitude, and , among them, Syaoran spotted his silver haired cousin. His heartbeats tripled in their beatings as hazel eyes, sensing the gaze looked upward and caught the brown eyes of the Emperor to be. Syaoran smiled as he noticed a blush invade the small ivory face that housed the hazel orbs. Yukito waved and quickly turned away from the penetrative glance.

Yukito signed as he stood among several people, many coming from different areas of Japan. Only a moment ago had he and Syaoran exchanged glances. He felt a bit shy whenever Syaoran gazed at him, never quite processing the emotions that radiated off the Prince. Yukito shook his head to clear his thoughts. His sleep last night hadn't been peaceful…cries of pain and sadness were all Yukito ever saw in his sleep.

"Sugoi!(1) " a feminine voice exclaimed behind Yukito. Yukito spun around to face the new person. A young woman stood, clutching what seemed like a drawing pad, several art supplies in her bag and a pencil sticking out behind her ear.

"It is isn't it?" Yukito asked as the woman smiled warmly, her blue eyes taking in the colourful scene of people talking excitedly.

"Watashi wa desu Daidouji Tomoyo. O-namae wa?(4) " she asked as she held Yukito's hand, her eyes taking his appearance.

"Tsukishiro Yukito desu. Douzo yoroshiku.(3) " Yukito said as he shook the offered hand. Both youths smiled.

"Well, I see in your eyes, the eyes of and heart of music. What is your instrument?" Tomoyo asked.

"A harp Tomoyo-san." Yukito said with a grin. Tomoyo laughed.

"Ah yes. Quite fitting for your hands. They call me the *magic* painter." Tomoyo said as she used her hands to make a rectangular box. Yukito laughed.

"I've heard a lot about you. Are you excited about Venice? I've never been outside of Japan before." Yukito whispered.

"It's great, this world. Don't worry, you'll be all right." Tomoyo said with a warm smile. Yukito noticed that the blue eyes suddenly drifted from his face, staring at someone in the crowd.

"Beautiful." Tomoyo whispered as she clutched her hands to her chest.

"Tomoyo-san, whom are you looking at? More arrivals?" Yukito asked as he followed Tomoyo's line of vision. He saw a girl, about 16 years of age in a simple dress and coat, her brown hair tied up in buns at both sides of her head. Excited green eyes gave the girl a soulful look, one full of awe and happiness. Tomoyo's smile widened and without any debate, she grabbed Yukito's hand and headed straight for the girl, ignoring a number of people whom were calling out to her.

Sakura smiled warmly as a few people waved hello at she and Touya.

"This is so wonderful oniisan! I've never *seen* so many people before!" Sakura whispered to her brother. She could see the look of delight plainly in her brother's dark eyes.

"Yes, it is. Wait, someone's running towards us." Touya said as he noticed a small path weaving its way among the throngs of people. Sakura's eyes widened as a young man and woman stepped forward, both their faces warm from the brisk run.

"Tomoyo-san!" Sakura said as a blush rose to her cheeks. This had been one of her most treasured dreams...meeting this girl who inspired her to dance as if she walked on air. Tomoyo's black eyebrows shot up in surprise. The little angel knew her.

"Welcome to the Emperor's palace." Tomoyo said as she hugged Sakura and then Touya who had been preoccupied by someone else. The other youth that had arrived with Tomoyo had silver hair, the frames on his face a matching set and the most enigmatic hazel eyes that he had ever seen.

"Konichi Wa." The boy said, a faint blush across his ivory cheeks as the bronzed boy looked intently at him.

"I'm Kinomoto Touya, and this is my sister Sakura." Touya said as he gestured to his sister who was been fired a million questions by an overly excited Tomoyo. Yukito gave a nervous sweatdrop.

"I just met Tomoyo-san a few minutes ago. She seems quite taken by your sister." Yukito said. Touya laughed. Yukito noticed the violin case in his hand.

"You play the violin? It's such a wonderful instrument." Yukito said, rubbing his hands together to keep them warm.

"Yes. It took me years of practice, and here I am." Touya said as he gestured to the red palace before them. A loud gong rippled throughout the crowd, whom fell silent. An old man, barely into his sixties rose form his throne, with a young man in tow behind him. The crowd bowed, showing respect to their Emperor.

"I'm glad to see you all here. May this festival of all things dear to the human heart bring us the same joyful feeling like on the day the sakura blossoms grace us with their beauty." The Emperor said as he curled a silky white lock of hair from his long beard.

"Well said father. Your speeches are always heart warming." Syaoran whispered as the crowd cheered at the Emperor's words and all were lead out an area in the large palace where they would spend the next few days.

"It will come naturally to you Syaoran. Now, go and talk with the people. I'm sure you're going to see Yukito." The Emperor said as he and Syaoran departed from the throne, walking down the rich red carpet. Syaoran's brow furrowed a bit as he walked in silence beside his father. Yes, he couldn't wait to be graced by his silver haired angel's presence again…

Yukito watched in amusement as Tomoyo drew sketches of Sakura against the backdrop of several of the rooms that would house about 500 people whom were all going to Italy. The rooms, or rather, the large group of houses, 15 in number, were all facing a rather large lake in the Emperor's palace. Two large toriis (4) were in the middle of the river, looking serene in the quiet scene of nature.

"Hey Yukito!" someone shouted as the group reached their allotted room. Yukito turned around and waved. Syaoran came striding up to his cousin and gave him a warm smile before shifting his gaze to Yukito's companions.

"Whoa, the Emperor's son." Sakura said as she, Tomoyo and Touya bowed. Yukito smiled, not bowing to Syaoran, and Touya wondered why.

"That isn't necessary. Are they friends of yours Yuki-kun?" Syaoran asked with an embarrassed smile.

"Yes. I just met them. This is Touya Kinomoto, and his sister Sakura. And this is Tomoyo, the Magic painter." Yukito said as he introduced his friends. Brief handshakes were passed around.

"I beg your pardon, but, are the two of you related?" Touya asked. Yukito laughed and ran his hand through his silver hair.

"Well," he said a bit sheepishly, " Syaoran is a distant cousin of mine." Yukito said. Touya nodded.

"It's been nice meeting all of you." Syaoran said as he gave a small bow. Sakura and Tomoyo nodded and slid their screen door open and took their belongings into the small would-be apartment. The three boys stood in silence, more like Touya and Syaoran passed glances at Yukito who was gazing at the toriis in the lake.

"Whose shrines are those Sya-kun?" Yukito asked, breaking the tension that seemed to be his fault.

"The one on the left, is the shrine to Amaterastu (5)and the one on the right is the shrine to Isukiyomi (6)." Syaoran said with a smile in his brown eyes. Yukito nodded.

"How does one get to the shrines? I can't see a path leading to them." Touya asked.

"The path is at the other side of the lake. You'll get a chance to see it soon enough. Are you ready to leave Yuki-kun?" Syaoran asked as his eyes drifted back to his cousin. Yukito nodded. Turning and smiling at Touya, he said his goodbye.

"I'll see all of you again, I hope." Yukito said as he shook Touya's hand. Touya nodded, keeping his eyes locked on the hazel orbs below him. With a small tug, Syaoran had Yukito by his side and the two walked down the long hallway, greeting strangers. Before they disappeared, Syaoran's brown eyes made contact with Touya's blue eyes, seemingly warning him. Stay away from him those brown eyes burned with a passion. Blue eyes stared back, Touya reading the message loud and clear. Syaoran and Yukito disappeared and Touya sighed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was late in the evening. The Shinto priests had come and gone, giving blessings to the newcomers among them. Touya sat in his room, quietly checking his violin and stroking the polished wood. He rose from his chair, carefully placing the violin back in its case and he slid open a screen door, the dragon in gold ink seeming to gleam with life. Touya strode across the sitting room and knocked on the screen door were Sakura was supposed to be. Receiving no reply, he opened the door, and a scream erupted and he ran out, hurriedly shutting the door and blushing.

"Touya!" Sakura screamed from inside the room, clearly upset and pissed.

"I knocked , I swear it!" Touya yelled back. Tomoyo smiled sweetly at Sakura and told the girl to sit down

"It's all right Touya-san, no harm will come to her." Tomoyo said as she began her sketching again.

"But she's partially naked in there!" Touya fumed.

"It's nothing Touya. Don't you have practice?" Sakura asked, this time, her temper in check. Touya sighed.

"Fine. I'm leaving. What a bunch of bossy onnas." Touya swore as he picked up his violin case and left.

Tomoyo laughed as she heard the screen door shut. She trained her eyes back on her subject. Sakura was lying on her stomach on her futon, her eyes almost shut as if in sleep. A green silk sheet draped around her young thighs and Tomoyo pursed her lips. Her angel truly was beautiful…

Yukito sighed as he sat in the darkness in a room within the actual palace. Soft strains of music reached his ears as various instruments and their music made him aware of his own soft breathing. Yukito sighed. Syaoran had hovered around him since they had left the houses by the lake. Yukito sighed as he thought of the boy that had held the utmost part of his attention. His name...Touya…he's eyes were so beautiful, so full of hope and life...ahh...I can't remember what that feels like...to have some kind of hope. Tears made their way down Yukito's cheeks and splashed against his fingers. He stopped his harp playing and for a moment, he cried.

Touya slipped into a well lit room and locked the door. He had seen lots of people running around, making friends and practicing together. He preferred his own solitude, and besides, he had *someone* to think about. Touya stood in the center of the room and lifted his treasured gift. He propped the violin under his chin and started to play. His thoughts focused on the silver haired angel that was making him simply euphoric, sweet sensations rambling on in his mind, his body in tune with every feeling that over took him. He drew the bow across the arrows and started to play.

Those beautiful eyes, full of sorrow...I want to see them smile in happiness, I want to know what's wrong…I want... I want to feel thsoe warm eyes on me, and for me to treasure every movement that he makes, and those soft lips, that innocent smile… Touya's lips parted in a dreamy smile as he pictured the boy that on their first meeting had captured his heart. Touya felt a warm sensation in his chest, he didn't need to question it, he already knew what it was.

Yukito stirred from his frightful memories as a sweet music, more wonderful than anything he had heard filled his eyes. He listened closely. The notes spoke of desire and love and a yearning heart. Yukito smiled. Whoever was playing this was playing from their very soul. He rose quickly, wiping away his tears. He *had* to tell this person that their music was too beautiful for words. Bursting out of his room, he followed the sound, drawn to it as it got louder in his ears. Reaching the door, he found that the door was locked. He sighed. It made sense to him that this person would not want to be disturbed. He knocked on the door, half hoping that the person would hear. Touya heard the light tap at the door and continued playing . He made his way to the door and unlocked it, and stopped playing the instance his eyes made contact with Yukito's. Yukito blushed.

"I, I just had to tell you, your music it's simply wonderful." Yukito said, his hazel eyes shining brightly. Touya blushed, thanking his bronze skin for hiding that fact.

"Thank you very much," Touya replied. Yukito nodded and turned to leave. Touya held on to his hand, " Don't go. Please stay for a while." Touya asked. Yukito nodded and went back into the room with Touya. Touya locked the door and gestured for Yukito to sit down in the only chair available in the room.

"Is there anything you want to show me?" Yukito asked. Touya nodded.

"I need an honest critic. Back in Tomeda, people wouldn't stop to comment on my music, they would comment on me. " Touya said with a bit of a scowl in his features.

"All right. Go ahead." Yukito said as he shut his eyes. Touya bit his lip for a moment, staring at the small pouty red lips that were parted slightly, the owner completely unoblivious to how beautiful he looked. Touya picked up his violin and started playing again, his own eyes shut as he fed of off the heat and sensuality that Yukito presented. Yukito's heart flowed with the music, the boy wishing for the umpteenth time that his past wouldn't prevent him from feeling so happy.

Touya played a song, and Yukito would comment, telling when he should have softened up on a note or held it longer. Touya was happy with his honest little critic. Touya couldn't help but remember the almost possessive glare that Syaoran had given him earlier that day. Touya finished his last song when he heard a little growl. He looked inquiringly at Yukito whom blushed.

"I'm hungry. We can go back the Lake House. They have a nice restaurant there." Yukito said with a sheepish grin. Touya nodded.

"Okay." He relied as he put his violin away and he and Yukito left. Touya kept stealing glances at Yukito, whose eyes were unreadable at the moment. The two spent the evening, talking about their towns and what they liked. Touya watched in amazement as Yukito polished off four bowls of rice, two plates of sushi and two snow cones. Yukito had had strawberry cones, so his lips were even redder than before and Touya was having a difficult time focusing on Yukito's face. His eyes wandered, racing Yukito's lithe shape in his simple waistcoat outfit. Touya even dared to imagine how Yukito would look *out* of the outfit. Touya and his hormones were officially at war.

Stop this madness. I'm not sure if I even *like* guys!

Sure...you've *never* checked out a girl like this before. Admit it, he's very cute and beautiful.

Touya blushed as hise yes met Yukito's.

...yeah…he is.

Admittance!

No! I mean...damn you! Touya shrieked in his mind.

Sorry kid, only your violin can reach that kind of screeching level, which reminds us, how high do you think Yuki over there would scream? Touya promptly spluttered over his tea. Yukito raised a slender eyebrow.

"Are you okay To-ya?" Yukito asked, liking his new nickname for his very nice friend.

"I'm fine." Touya said hurriedly. Yukito laughed. A gong sounded somewhere off in the distance.

"Oi! It's past eleven. I have to get going Touya. I had a wonderful time." Yukito said as he rose form his seat and quickly paid the bill. Touya smiled as they strode towards his apartment, the moonlight playing on the red walls with the occasional screen door sliding shut for the night. They reached Touya's in no time at all. Yukito smiled as he regarded Touya for a moment. Yes, he is happy...I'm glad…everyone should be happy.

"Goodnight Yuki." Touya said with a small smile, not knowing if hugging Yukito would be totally out of the question. He settled for a warm handshake and Yukito waved goodnight at Touya's retreating back. Yukito walked around the lake and headed for the shrine of Isukiyomi. As he reached there, a tall shadow stood in the light of the moon. Yukito recognized it as Syaoran.

"Syaoran, what are you doing here?" Yukito asked as he quickly cleaned his frames before placing them back on his face. Syaoran turned around, a bit startled. All sighs of anxiety departed from his face.

"I came to ask for guidance. I'm in great turmoil Yuki-kun." Syaoran said as he rose from his kneeling position. He was dressed in a pale blue kimono with white flowers spread in a winding pattern.

"Oh." Yukito said as he sat next to Syaoran. Syaoran noticed Yukito's face lose its youthful shine as the boy next to him seemed to become older than his 17 years. Syaoran could barely hear the words that Yukito murmured as he prayed to the queen of the night. Yukito finished his prayer and picked up a small bowl of leaves at his side. Whispering a few more words, he threw the leaves into the small burning fire that was always lit in the shrine. He watched as the leaves burned, giving off a faint aroma of vanilla, and the smoke rose, as if flying straight to the moon.(7) Syaoran and Yukito rose from their feet and Syaoran noticed tears making their way down Yukito's cheeks. In the few months that Yukito had started living with him, he had *never* seen his happy cousin cry. Syaoran began to have his doubts that his cousin was ever happy to begin with. He quickly the closed the distance between them and he wrapped his arms around Yukito, drawing the younger boy towards him.

"Yuki-kun, please, tell me what’s wrong. I want to help." Syaoran whispered as he wiped away the tears that the moonlight cherished. Yukito looked up at Syaoran, hazel eyes filled with so much sorrow that it struck Syaoran to his very core.

"Sya-kun, I'm glad that your family has accepted me, but I am not what I appear to be. " Yukito whispered.

"What are you talking about?" Syaoran asked. A strange calmness settled over Yukito's features.

"I can only show you. Please, let's leave here." Yukito asked. Syaoran compiled with a nod and led his cousin to back to the palace and to his room. Upon reaching his room, Syaoran locked his door , not wanting any interruptions. He turned and faced Yukito who was sitting on his bed, hazel eyes downcast.

"Now, please tell me." Syaoran asked. Yukito sighed.

"When your father found me, it was because of my harp which had your distant cousin's name on it. I wasn't born into that family willing. I was raped and scared, by my own father. I, I never expected that to happen to me. I was around seven when this happened and my father dumped me by a river and left me for dead. He, he had killed my mother before my eyes…my mother never did anything to him Syaoran, nothing at all. And then, I guess, one of your distant relatives found me. I had drifted over waterfalls and it was a miracle that I had lived. The man's name was Mei and he took me to his small home where he and his wife cared for me. I, I had amnesia and couldn't remember anything. They raised me along with their two sons who were about 5 years older than I was. Pretty soon, Mei and his wife passed away and both their sons left me in charge of their home as they went out to fight against a band of raiders who were terrorizing our clan. They both died." Yukito whispered as tears slid down his cheeks.

"But, how can you remember all of this?" Syaoran asked gently as he sat by Yukito's side, brushing away the tears that the moon loved dearly. Yukito peeled off his waistcoat and then his shirt and turned his back towards the light in the room. Syaoran traced the scar on Yukito's back, a deep cut that ran from his shoulder blade and right across his spine. Syaoran traced the scar softly.

"I saw that in the mirror when I turned thirteen. Everything came rushing back to me when I touched it. I'm not worthy of being in the Emperor's presence. I deceived people for so long, everyone thinking that I'm part of the Emperor's lineage when I'm not. I tried to tell him but he didn't want to listen. Ever since I regained my memory, nightmares have plagued me and there's no end to them. I pray to the queen of night, to take way my nightmares, to give me a small moment of peace. I've never found any such relief." Yukito whispered as he trembled, partially from his confession, and from the cold that seemed to be drawing him towards death. Warm strong arms wrapped around Yukito, and warm lips brushed against the back of his neck.

"That doesn't matter Yukito. You're so wonderful and kind and I don't care if you're not my cousin. I'm just glad that I found you; that I have an opportunity to know you. I will discuss this with father and everything will be all right. I want you to be happy." Syaoran whispered as he faced Yukito towards him. Yukito smiled faintly.

"Thank you Sya-kun." Yukto whispered as he leaned against Syaoran, the kimono warm and inviting. Syaoran smiled as Yukito's breathing evened out. Yukito after so many sleepless night was in a deep sleep. Without much effort, Syaoran deposited Yukito on his bed and tucked him in. Smiling and leaning over Yukito, the Prince pressed a quick kiss to Yukito's own, warm rosebud lips curving in a small smile. Syaoran withdrew and pulled out his futon which he used for warm nights and he lay in the dark for a moment, absorbing all that Yukito had told him. It doesn't make any difference my Yukito…I still, suki da (8)…

End of chapter one.


Takeo - Damn! And they haven't even gotten to Italy yet. ^^
Yukito - Wait, you have Touya and Syaoran as enemies? How horrible!
Takeo - Hey, you win either way babe ^^


Okay what all those little numbers meant ^^

(1)Sugoi> - Amazing.
(2)Watashi wa desu Daidouji Tomoyo. O-namae wa?- My name is Daidouji Tomoyo. What’s your name?
(3)Tsukishiro Yukito desu. Douzo yoroshiku- My name is Tsukishiro Yukito. Pleased to meet you ^^
(4)Toriis - Large bright red gates *like in YST* at temple entrances are dedicated to different kamis(gods)
(5)Amateratsu - Japanese Goddess of the sun and light ^^
(6)Isukiyomi - Japanese Goddess of the moon, queen of the night ^^ Yup, Yukito prays to her, afterall, his last name means "moon castle " ^^
(7) Okay, I know that if you want to pray at a shrine, you usually fold up your prayer and tie it to the rope that's around the tree in the shrine. Well, I put the shrine in the middle of a lake with two large toriis. I wanted Yukito to burn some leaves so I made it this way :P
(8)Suki da - it means either " I like you" or "love you" In Syaoran's case, it's love ^^