Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Tender Souls, Chapter 2

"Come on, Trunks! Lets get going!"
"Coming mom!"
It was a beautiful day as Trunks decided not to waste any time by walking down the stairs, so he instead jumped out the window of his room and floated down to the passenger seat. He was wearing a blue shirt with the Capsule Corporation logo and jeans. His mother laughed and pulled herself into the driver's seat. "I wish I could do that. I should really teach you how to drive, Trunks. Maybe some other time, though. Come on."
She turned the car on and it started to float. She sped off into the city.
West City had begun rebuilding and was really getting somewhere. There were stores all over, even a few restaurants and a theater. Bulma pointed out all of these things and then some, things they were going to do today, and she belted out a hello to someone she knew that was on the street.
Trunks smiled at his mother. "So what do we do first?"
"We need to get a new TV." Bulma grinned. "I haven't seen much of that for a while. The last one I had was broken. I still think my vcr works, though. We should rent a movie, after watching one in the cinema, of course."
If it wasn't for the obvious age difference, someone might have thought of Trunks as Bulma's date of some sort.
First stop was the theater. They went to see some chick flick that Trunks didn't appeal to too much. He had never been to a movie like this in his life, and he dreaded they were all the same.
"Kami! She is SO faking it! I could've done a better job if I was screwing a midget!" "Mother!" A little later they were at a museum as Trunks posed up with the dinosaur exhibits, trying to become one himself. "Garrrghhhh!" Bulma smirked. "Hmmm... I think it's an Australopithecus aferensis." Trunks burst out laughing. "A what?!" Next stop was a restaurant. Bulma pointed a thumb out at a fancy guy behind her and she picked up a piece of her food that she had paid a lot for. She spun around and pelted it at him and spun back around in her chair. It bounced off of his head and onto the floor next to his chair. The man was shocked and didn't realize his toupee had fallen off. Trunks struggled not to burst out laughing as he waved the waitress over to ask for the bill.
At the electronics store, Trunks posed in front of a camera and was portrayed on several different screens while his mother looked at movies. Bulma soon decided on what she wanted and walked over to Trunks and stared at the screen. "You wanna know how to really get people going with these things?" Bulma lifted up her shirt and flashed the camera. She laughed crazily, but Trunks was mortified. "Come on, Trunks, we need to go get groceries."
In the grocery store, Trunks was still feeling kinda uncomfortable, but he got it out when he spent tons of money on junk food with his mother. "Ketchup or Sour Cream & Onion?"
"Ketchup."
Home again, Bulma set up the TV and the VCR. She had bought a few movies and she and Trunks were sitting down with tons of junk food like ships, popcorn, and cookies.
"This day has been great, Trunks," Bulma said before turning on the movie. "I'll never forget it, and I hope there will be many more."
Trunks nodded. "Me too. Please forgive me if I fall asleep during the movie, I'm exhausted."
And exhausted he was, before the end of the second movie, he was sleeping like a baby on the couch. Bulma turned off the movie and the TV and began cleaning up. She put some soda back into the fridge and she noticed she'd forgotten to get milk.
Bulma hesitated and went back to the family room for a moment. She crouched down next to the couch and examined her son, with a love only a mother could know, and a pride only a parent could taste. She kissed her son on the forehead and ran a hand through his hair. She then stood and decided it wasn't very late. She could still go get milk and be back before Trunks even awoke. So she pulled on her jacket and left Capsule Corporation, whispering an "I love you" to her sleeping child.

*~Chapter 3~*