meetingMC.htmlTEXTStMl>$$mBIN Meeting Major Crimes
Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

 

Title: Meeting Major Crimes
Author/pseudonym: Wildeskind
E-mail address: wildeskind@surfree.com
Rating: G
Status: New, complete
Parts: 1
Date: November 1, 2000
Archive: YES
Series/Sequel: none
Website: www.angelfire.com/md/wildchild/fanfic.html


Warnings: Original Female Character
Conventions: I use / / to mean when someone is thinking.
Disclaimer: I don't own the guys, I just torture them every once in a while.
Summary: The guys are acting very strangely
Beta Credit: No Beta


Jim walked down the hall towards the bullpen, the reports he needed to finish his paperwork for the day tucked under one arm. He was eager to finish them off so he could spend some time with Sarah.

The thought of her brought a smile to his face. He'd met her while he was at a conference in DC six months ago. He had literally run into her, spilling his drink all over them. Instead of throwing a fit, she'd smiled and invited him to lunch, apologizing for HER mistake. They had ended up sitting at a picnic bench, eating monster sized burgers from McDonalds. He'd never seen someone inhale a double quarter pounder so fast, all the while talk about anything and everything, skipping from subject to subject with dizzying speed. Maybe it had been the contradictions that had fascinated him. Everytime he thought he knew her, she would change. There were times he suspected she changed, just to confuse him.

Stopping just outside of the door to the bullpen, he heard Sarah's high pitched voice telling one of her outrageous stories. He wondered what tale of woe or wonder she'd come up with this time. Peeking inside, he saw her perched on the corner of Brown's desk with most of Major Crimes hanging on her every word. Her hands flew throught the air as she acted out the story.

"And there I was, in the middle of that alley. I can't remember how I ended up there. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. Anyway, there was this mugger and he had this big ole knife." Her hand went up with an imaginary knife. "I thought I was a goner when Jim appears out of no where. He done grabbed that mugger by the arm and slammed him into the wall, kapowee!" She slapped her hands together to demonstrate the noise. "Out like a light. I tell you, I have never been more scared in my life." The petite woman looked around the crowd with a look of devilment in her eyes. "I mean, the clothes Jim was wearing was absolutely frightful. He had on this lime green shirt with parrots on it and this florescent orange pants that could light up the sky." There was a groan at this pronouncement.

Unable to take the suspense of wondering what she was up to, Jim entered the room. "Sarah, what are you doing?" He couldn't keep the amusement out of his voice.


"Jim! You left me here all alone!" Her green eyes shimmered with laughter, belying the mournful tone of her voice. Jumping off the desk, she ran up to him, stopping a hair's breath away. Pulling down on his arm, she gave him a peck on the cheek before wrapping his arm around her tiny waist and leaning her head against his chest, playing the abandoned little girl to the hilt.

Trying to ignore what the feel of her firm slender body did to him, he focused on her words. "I didn't leave you here all alone, I left you with Simon."

Said person, who had been hanging on the outskirts of the crowd came forward. "She's been keeping us entertained with tales about how you two met. So far, she's had you meet at the Smithsonian, where you accidentally deconstructed a dinosaur. You've met at the Lincoln Memorial, where you captured a terrorist. You've met a McDonald's, where you spilled your drink all over her. And the latest story is that you met in an alley where you saved her from a mugger wearing a lime green shirt and orange pants. That's you wearing the lime green shirt and orange pants." His deep voice was full of irony.

Looking down at his mischievous visitor, he grinned. It was nice to see she was giving everyone else the same runaround she normally gave him. "Why didn't you just tell them how we met?"

She batted her long lashes at him. Pulling on his arm, she whispered loudly in his ear. "But Jim, telling them that you pulled me over for having a butcher's knife on the top of my car would give them a bad impression of me."

There were snickers and chuckles all around. Seeing that the situation was getting out of hand, he decided to spin a tale of his own. "Now you know that isn't true. We met at that movie theatre. You dumped the whole tub of popcorn on me. I still have the T-shirt with grease stains to prove it." He watched as Sarah's face turned bright red. That wasn't how the grease stains had gotten on the shirt, but he knew Sarah would never admit how they got on there. She was bold as brass at times, but there were still limits to her outrageousness.

She punched him in the gut. It felt like a feather hitting him. "That's not true and you know it. James Ellison. Now you stop telling tall tales and let's get out of here. I'm hungry." Her stomach rumbled loudly, agreeing with her.

Seeing that the fun was over, most of the Major Crimes took their leave of her and drifted back to their desks. Simon lingered for a second. "You two have fun. It's been nice meeting, Sarah. A real pleasure." A smile covered his face.

Impulsively, she pulled the large dark man in a hug. "It's been nice meeting you, too. Jim's told me a lot about you. I'm glad to see most of it's not true." She pulled away and winked.

Laughing, Jim spun her around. Leaning over, he slung her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. She screeched as her feet left the floor. "Sorry sir for the inconvenience. It won't happen again." Turning around, he walked away.

Sarah gave another half-hearted screech before she started laughing. Jim could feel her propping herself up as she waved bye to everyone. Setting her down at the elevator, he looked at the folder still in his hand. "Damn, I forgot to give this to Simon."


"Here, I'll take it." Before he could say a word, she had the folder and was running back to the bullpen. Her feet slide as she took the turn a full tilt, almost running into Brown. Gasping out an apology, she entered into the other room at a more dignified pace.

Brown came up to Jim with a bemused look on his face. Hitting the down button, he stared at the empty doorway. He turned back to Jim. "Where did you find her, again?"


Jim smiled. "It doesn't matter where I found her. The question is, what am I going to do with her?"

Brown shook his head, "No the question is, are you going to survive her?"

The End.


I am a delicate flower of creativity, and I'll re-write anyone who says otherwise.
-The Writer

On the other hand, I do like to hear what people think of my insanity.

Email me at wildeskind@surfree.com.


Home | Joke Archive | Fanfic Archive | Philosophy Page | What's New?  2LO  2 $2PMwp  (