Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The Game

Main Page

My Art
Gallery 1 - Originals
Gallery 2 - Invaderz!
Gallery 3 - Gifts

My Writing
Section 1 - Originals
Section 2 - Fanfiction

Who is this Froggy girl?

The Pond: Subsites
The Pond: Gorillaz
Feh! - Pantyhose Pages

Invaderz! Cru Member - click here for the official site!

SpiderWeb Page Design by Erin Gentry

Graphics fonts provided by:

Graphics fonts provided by Divide by Zero

The Game

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, and I'm writing without permission.
Rating: G
Author's Note: Just a little soliloquy that struck me one day. Could she possibly have NO FEELINGS?

The Game

Believe me. I know how to play the game. The game is big, it's complicated. A lot of feelings, intentions, a giant tapestry of fate; all are involved in this neverending game.

So what if one little thread unwound itself? What if one little color decided it wanted to change? What if I decided that I'm not who everyone thinks I am, despite the way everyone deludes themselves, including me? Everything would fall apart, and so I don't.

I think in Chinese. When I think, the words come exactly how I tell them to. The words don't pour out of me in stilted sentences that make everyone believe I am an underintelligenced bimbo. In my home village, I dressed modestly, I lived plainly, I was friends with everyone I chose to be friends with. There was no 'game'.

Here. Here in Nerima...here I am forced to be a 'woman'. Not the strong, willfull person I wish to be, not in the way I want to be. Here I am 'stubborn', 'thickheaded', 'icy cold'.

Do they know I have feelings and emotions? It seems that nothing ever hurts me, but that's merely Amazon stubornness coming out. I am hurt often, although it never shows. When I am hurt, who can I go to?

No one. Nobody can know. They believe women are the weaker vessels, the poor, pathetic ones who can't have strength because we were put in these little bodies with the hormones and mental wiring that make us emotional. Women are strong, stronger than anyone gives us credit for. Believe that, believe that when I don't show my weaknesses to everyone, it does NOT mean that I don't have them. And believe that this makes me strong, proves that I am strong.

As I said, I can go to no one. That doesn't stop people from coming to me. One person, a boy who loves me. Somehow, he sees inside, sees what no one else can see. He can look at me with those pathetic eyes and see something that no one with perfect vision could. When I come home with my head high after another rejection, with my head high and my heart in the mud, he can see that. He brings me flowers, he gives me gifts and lifts my heart again.

I hate him for it.

What if I was to give in to it? What if I took the gifts and the coddling and the love? What if I let it lift my heart?

Then I would rely on it, then I would need it forever and ever. I wouldn't be able to survive without it. I would need it, need him. I wouldn't be self-reliant and strong. I would need a pep-talk, a kiss, just to survive. I wouldn't be able to do it MYSELF. If Ranma gave in, I could work hard and strong to train him; maybe to break him, and then I could be myself, but with Mousse...oh, with Mousse I know I would need him.

But the question remains.

Do I already need him? Don't I already rely on him to be there? Because, you know, when I come home with my head high and my heart in the mud, I know he'll be there. If he wasn't, my heart wouldn't be in the mud, it would be dead. Over and over and over I would be dead inside, black and cold.

So I hate him. But he's always there.

Mousse is also stronger than anyone gives him credit for.

Even me.

Author's Note: There. Now you know. Mousse is an obstacle to Shampoo's strength! The biggest riddle in the Ranmaverse, and I've told you the answer! Hahahahahaha! To thank me (or, of course, to flame me, give me comments and criticism, or any other feedback) write to thepond66@hotmail.com.