Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Snow Angels
Epilogue

By Julie

     Mike pulled away, and rested his forehead on Carrie’s. They both sighed at the same time, and their breath frosted in the air. Carrie looked up into the eyes of her beloved ~ her Mike.

     “I am so happy,” Carrie whispered. “How much more perfect can life get?”

     “I’m glad that I make you happy,” Mike said, touching her cheek tenderly. “You don’t know how much I love you.”

     “I think I have an idea,” Carrie said shyly. “It’s just as much as I love you.”

     The snow was letting up a bit, and random snowflakes were flying in the air. Carrie and Mike were immersed in each other, and nothing in the world could have torn them apart. Carrie wrapped her arms around Mike’s neck, and looked into his blue eyes. She had looked into these blue eyes many times before, but this time, she saw something different. She saw her children and her life within this man. She knew that her life would not be complete without him. Carrie had always known this, but now she was free to love him, fully and without reservation. She did not have to hide her feelings and her love.

     “Mike,” Carrie said softly. “I have something to show you.” Mike looked at her questioningly. “Close your eyes.”

     “Why?” he asked.

     “Just do it,” she said with a smile on her face. Mike rolled his eyes, but finally shut them. Carrie giggled nervously, and took his hand. She led him over to the place where she had made a snow angel a few minutes before. She maneuvered Mike in the right place, and looked over at him.

     “Do you remember our conversation earlier tonight?” she asked. She slid her arm through his. Mike nodded.

     “Well,” he replied. “Actually, that was Binky.” Carrie laughed.

     “No it wasn’t!” she said, hitting him softly on the shoulder. “You said something about playing the snow...” Mike nodded again.

     “Yeah,” he said, smiling. “I told you to make a snow angel.”

     “Do you remember when we were younger and we made snow angels on Christmas Eve?”

     “You had a crush on me, then,” Mike said, teasingly. “You were so enamoured with love that you tripped me and gave me a white-wash!”

     “No!” Carrie yelled, laughing. “I think it was the other way around!” Mike opened his eyes and looked over at her. She melted when their eyes met.

     “I noticed you staring at me then,” he said softly, touching her hand. “Kind of like you are now.” He leaned over to give her a kiss, but she put her finger to his lips.

     “I made another snow angel,” she whispered. She pointed to the ground, and Mike’s face lit up.

     “It’s beautiful,” he said, smiling. He noticed the writing in the snow next to the angel. “What does the writing say?”

     Carrie paused slightly, taking a deep breath. Before she could answer, Mike’s grip on her hand stopped her.

     “’Carrie Horton’...” he said softly. His breath seemed to catch in his throat, and he smiled gently. “’Carrie Horton’...” he repeated. He looked over at Carrie, who was smiling broadly. There was a tear in her eye.

     “What do you think?” she asked.

     “I think it’s...perfect.” Carrie squeezed his hand tightly, and engulfed Mike in a hug. “Can we make that official?” he asked. Carrie froze, and pulled away from him. She stared up at him, and she realized that he was serious.

     “What are you saying?” she asked softly.

     “I’m asking you to become my angel for life,” he whispered. Carrie caught her breath quickly ~ she couldn’t believe what was happening. Her dreams and hopes were becoming a reality. Her heart was beating a mile a minute, even though she already knew what her answer was.

     “I will,” she said, kissing him happily. Mike’s heart soared when he heard her answer. He rested his forehead on hers, and looked down at her. He smiled broadly, and Carrie began to giggle.

     “I can’t believe how happy we are,” she said.

     “I can,” Mike replied, with a smile on his face. All of a sudden, he lifted Carrie off her feet and spun her around. She screamed and laughed in delight. Just as Mike was about to set her down, he tripped on her foot and they went falling to the ground. They laughed hysterically for a couple moments, before Carrie started to move her arms and legs in a snow angel pattern. Mike joined her, and they made two angels.

     When they were done, Mike pulled Carrie up from the ground. They looked down on their angels, and Carrie couldn’t help but smiling. She impulsively kissed Mike.

     “I love you so much,” she whispered.

     “I love you too,” he said. Carrie bent down and began drawing hearts in the snow with her finger. Mike wrote something in the snow beside their angels, and Carrie walked up behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist, and laid her cheek on his shoulder. Mike linked his fingers with her, and together they looked at their angelic imprints.

     "You know what, Mike?" Carrie said softly.

     "What?" he said, looking at her.

     "I think we were meant to be," she said. "I mean, we are ready to move on with our lives, and we're lucky enough to be ready to love right at the exact same time. We had God looking down on us and blessing us each day. I think that's what has been pulling us together all of these months."

     "I agree," Mike said. "Carrie, I never knew what it was like to live until I started loving you. I'm so glad that I found you, and that I have you in my life."

     "You're the best," she whispered, kissing his nose.

     "Ditto," he said, his blue eyes sparkling down at her beautiful face. "Here's to our life together."

     "Forever," Carrie finished for him.

     Mike and Carrie stood in the snow for a few moments more, and went to start the first day of the rest of their lives. And, of course, they lived happily ever after.


Back to Mike and Carrie: Together Forever