Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Going Back
By Kasey

**Disclaimer**


I am in no way affiliated with NBC, Corday Productions, Inc, Days of Our Lives or it’s characters, Christie Clark, and Roark Critchlow. This is simply a story by an obsessed fan LOL! I wish it really would happen this way!
Mike looked over at Carrie, who was trying to sleep next to him. She looked absolutely beautiful. He couldn’t believe they were flying back to Salem. It seemed like only days ago when they were flying on a plane to Israel to start their new lives together. But, Marlena had called and invited them to the Annual Brady/Horton Picnic they held every Fourth of July. Except for last year. With the sexual harassment suit and Ali, nobody had time for a party. Mike didn’t think Carrie should be flying in her condition, but she was persistent. Besides, he couldn’t resist after staring into her angelic face.

Carrie shifted positions again, and looked up into his eyes with half a smile.

"What’s wrong Princess?" he asked.

"I can’t seem to get comfortable. I barely fit in the seat!" she replied.

"Would you like me to ask the flight attendant for another pillow?" he asked as he laughed.

"No, thanks! My stomach already sticks out a lot. I can’t believe how big I am! I don’t even remember the last time I saw my feet!"

"Ah, the glories of being pregnant! I can’t believe you’re already 8 months! I still remember the night we created our child!"

"Me too! How could I forget? Once we got to your house in Israel, the first room I saw was the bedroom!"

Carrie and Mike both smiled and laughed.

"You are so romantic, Mike."

"I know! Listen Carrie," he paused, "are you sure you feel okay? You know it’s not the best thing to fly now that you’re so close to your due date."

"I’m fine Mike. Don’t worry! Ohhh!" she exclaimed.

"What? What’s wrong?" Mike asked, worringly.

"Nothing’s wrong. The babies are kicking!" she excitingly replied. "Feel!" she said as she grabbed Mike’s hand and gently placed it on her stomach.

"Wow! They’re really active. Are you sure we did the right thing not telling anyone you’re pregnant?"

"Positive. I told them we’d have a surprise for everyone."

"They’ll definitely be surprised, alright! No one could miss it!"

Carrie jokingly hit Mike over the head.

"That reminds me. Did you bring the pictures of the twins?"

"Yes, I sure did."

"How about the pictures from the wedding, and our new house?"

"I have them in my bag."

"Okay, I’m going to try to get some sleep before we land. I love you."

"I love you too," Mike replied as he leaned over to give her a kiss.

He smiled as he settled back into his seat. He closed his eyes and remembered the small wedding ceremony that was held a couple of miles outside of the Israeli village. February 14. Valentine’s Day. Their wedding day. It was also the same exact day Carrie discovered she was pregnant with their first child. It was the happiest day of their lives.

"Mike? You were a million miles away just now, and you had a smile that went across one end of your adorable face to the other! What were you thinking about?"

"The day I married the most beautiful woman in the world!"

A voice came over the PA.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are approaching Salem as I speak. Please take your seats and buckle your seatbelts. Also, put all luggage under your seat or in the overhead compartment. Thank you for choosing to fly with International Airlines, and we hoped you enjoyed your flight."

"Want me to help you with your seatbelt?" Mike asked.

"Please. I’m surprised the seatbelt still buckles!"

"Carrie, I think you are the most beautiful woman on this earth. And, I love you more everyday for carrying our beautiful children inside of you. The children that were created out of our love."

"I love you, too. And, I’m happy that I am carrying our children. It’s such a wonderful thing. I’m so excited about giving birth. But, I’m also scared about what can go wrong."

"Don’t worry. Everything will be fine. Trust me!"

"I do. And, I believe you."

She leaned over to kiss Mike. Then, she grabbed hold of his hand.


Marlena looked up as Roman walked over.

"Their plane just landed," he said.

"Good," Marlena replied. "I can’t wait to see them!"

"Me too," Sami added. "I wonder what the surprise is!"

"Well, I’m just glad that they decided to come back for the picnic," Eric mentioned. "I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye before they left last year."

"I think that’s them," Roman interrupted.

Carrie and Mike walked over to the family.

"Oh my gosh!" Marlena and Sami exclaimed simultaneously.

"Surprise!" Carrie and Mike shouted.

"Wow!" Roman said, stunned.

"I can’t believe you’re pregnant!" Eric added.

"Yes, I sure am!" Carrie responded.

"Should we tell them the rest of the surprise, Princess?" Mike asked as he looked over at her.

"I suppose we should," she replied.

"What’s the rest of the surprise?" Marlena asked.

"Well," Carrie started, "Mike and I are having twins!"

"Twins?!" Sami exclaimed. "That’s so wonderful!"

"Carrie always wanted a big family," Eric mentioned.

"Do you know what you’re having?" Roman asked.

"We’re having a boy and a girl," Mike answered.

"That’s so great!" Marlena said. "I can’t believe you didn’t tell us! How far along are you?"

"Eight and a half months," Carrie answered.

"Oh my!" Marlena exclaimed. "I’m so happy for you!" she added as tears streamed down her face.

She gave Carrie a big hug, as did Roman, Eric, and Sami.

"I’m so happy you came back," Sami said. "I’ve missed you."

"I’ve missed you, too," Carrie replied.

"So," Roman started, "how’s the dad to be?"

"Fine," Mike replied. "Anxious."

"Well, Mike," Roman paused, "I will tell you from personal experience that seeing your children being born is the best experience of your life."

"I can’t wait," Mike added. "So, Eric, how’s everything been going?"

"Fine, thanks. Greta and I have decided to go to the Bahamas next week for a photo shoot. I convinced her to start modeling."

"Wait a minute," Carrie interrupted, "how long have you and Greta been together?"

"About 5 months," Eric answered.

"Wow!" Carrie said. "What about you Sami? How’s everything going with Austin?"

"Um," Sami started, "Austin and I-"

"Well," Marlena interrupted, "I think we should get going. It’s getting late. Why don’t you guys get the luggage, and Sami and I will help Carrie get her stuff to the car."

"Alright," Mike said. He, Roman, and Eric went to the baggage claim.

"I’ll take this to the car," Sami said as she walked off.

"Okay, thanks," Carrie replied. "Marlena, what happened between Sami and Austin?"

"It’s a long story," Marlena answered. "And I think it’s best if Sami told you in private when we get to Mrs. Horton’s house."

"Okay," Carrie said. "Let’s go."


Going Back - Part 2