Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Going Back - Part 2
By Kasey

A car horn beeped loudly outside.

"Oh!" Maggie exclaimed. "They're here!"

"I can't wait to see what the surprise is!" Mickey added. "Let's go mom!"

"Just a second," Alice said. "I have to put the finishing touches on my donuts. Okay, let's go."

They opened the door and headed outside as Mike stepped out of the car. Eric, Roman, and Marlena followed.

"Michael!" Alice exclaimed.

"Grandma!" Mike replied as he gave her a big hug. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, dear," she added. "Where's Carrie?"

"She's in the car. Sami's helping her out."

"Helping her? Why?" Alice asked.

She looked up as Carrie got out of the car and walked towards her.

"Oh dear!" Alice shouted.

"Oh my!" Maggie added.

"Surprise!" Carrie shouted.

"Oh, Carrie!" Alice replied. "I can't believe you're pregnant!"

"I know!" Maggie added. "It's so wonderful!"

"Yes, it is," Mickey said. "How far are you?"

"Eight and a half months," Carrie answered. "And, we're having twins!"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Alice asked.

"Don't worry. They did the same thing to us!" Marlena said.

"Well, I'm so happy that you two decided to come home for the picnic," Alice added.

"And we're glad to be back," Mike replied.

"We sure are," Carrie added.

"Give me a hug!" Alice exclaimed.

Carrie and Mike joyfully hugged Alice, Maggie, and Mickey while Eric, Roman, Marlena, and Sami got the luggage out of the car.

"Well," Alice started, "why don't you come in and get settled. Then, we can talk about everything while we eat some fresh donuts!"

"Mmm!" Carrie said.

"We could smell them all the way from the car!" Mike added. "You haven't lost your touch, grandma!"

"Why thank you, dear," Alice said. "Come on in!"

"I'll get those bags, Marlena," Mickey said.

"Thanks Mickey," Marlena replied.


"Thank you for helping us with our bags," Carrie said.

"No problem, Pumpkin," Roman replied. "You two can start unpacking. We'll all be downstairs eating Mrs. H's donuts!"

"Okay, see you soon." Carrie mentioned as she closed the door, and walked over to help Mike.

"Are you tired Princess?" Mike asked.

"Not really. I'm too excited."

"I know what you mean. Listen, sweetie, if you need some rest, you go right ahead and sleep. I can unpack myself."

"I'm okay. Besides, I want to talk to Sami before she leaves."

"Yeah, she seemed kind of sad. Any idea what's wrong with her?"

"Nope. I hope she's doing okay."

"Me too."

There was a knock at the door.

"May I come in?" Sami asked as she opened the door.

"You sure may," Carrie replied.

"I'm going to go downstairs and get a donut so you two can talk," Mike said.

"Okay thanks," Carrie replied. "I'll be down soon."

"I love you," Mike said as he leaned over to give her a kiss.

"I love you too," Carrie replied.

Mike closed the door and headed downstairs.

"I'm really happy for you two," Sami said.

"Thanks," Carrie replied. "I can't believe how wonderful everything has been for us."

"I'm glad. You deserve to be happy."

"So do you. So, tell me, what happened between you and Austin? When I left it seemed like you two were going to start a new life together."

"We did. But, as usual I messed everything up between us."

"Sami, what exactly did you do?"

"Well, a couple of months after you left town with Mike, Austin started acting different."

"How?"

"He started talking about all the things that the two of you used to do together, and all the places you went to."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure. But I got the feeling that he missed you. And once, when we were cleaning the apartment, I caught him staring at your wedding photo."

"Did you ask him why?"

"No, I forgot it. But, a couple of weeks after that, I got upset when he called me 'Carrie.' When I asked him why he called me by your name, he accidentally blurted out that he still loves you."

"Oh my gosh! I had no idea!"

"It gets worse. A few days later, Austin went to tell me that he was sorry and that he wanted to start over, but instead he found Brandon and me kissing."

"Wait. You and Brandon? I didn't know you had feelings for one another."

"We don't. It was just something that shouldn't have happened, but it did. Anyway, Austin and I finally sat down and talked about everything. He said that even though a part of him will always love you, he wanted to be with me."

"And what did you say?"

"I said that I wasn't sure if I could accept that."

"Sami, a part of me will always love Austin because of everything we went through together. But, I love Mike. He makes me happy and complete. I can't imagine my life without him. Austin and I will never be together."

"I know. And I know I made a mistake telling Austin I couldn't accept that a part of him still loves you. But, I'm not sure that he really is ready to move past you."

"He is. He knows we can never be together."

"But, he still loves you. And I don't want to be with him until he is 100% ready to commit to me."

"I understand."

"Listen, do me a favor? Tomorrow at the picnic, don't mention that I told you all this, okay?"

"Okay. I'm done unpacking. Let's go downstairs and get some donuts!"

"Alright."


"So, Mike," Maggie started, "how is Carrie doing?"

"She's doing fine," Mike answered. "We're both real anxious about the birth."

"So, are you her doctor?" Marlena asked.

"Most of the time," he replied. "But once a month we go to an obstetrician in the city."

"Have you thought of any names yet?" Alice asked.

"Some. We haven't really had time. I've been building new rooms for the babies."

"I just had a wonderful idea!" Alice exclaimed. "Why don't we make tomorrow's Brady/Horton picnic a welcome home/baby shower for Mike and Carrie!"

"That's a wonderful idea!" Marlena agreed.

"It sure is!" Carrie added as she walked in the kitchen.

"Did you get everything unpacked, Pumpkin?" Roman asked.

"Sure did, dad," Carrie answered.

"Well," Mickey started as he looked over at Maggie, "we better get going."

"Yes," Maggie agreed. "I need to make a cake for the baby shower."

"Thanks Maggie," Carrie said.

"Goodbye!" Maggie and Mickey said.

"Bye!" everyone shouted.

"Would you like a donut, Carrie?" Alice asked.

"Yes, thank you," she replied.

"How about you, Sami?"

"No thanks, Mrs. Horton."

"You know," Mike started, "they don't make donuts like this in Israel."

"No, they do not!" Carrie agreed.

"Well," Alice paused, "I'll just have to make you a dozen to take back with you. When are you leaving?"

"We're not sure yet," Mike replied.

"We'd like to stay a couple of days so we can spend time with everyone," Carrie mentioned.

"I think that's a wonderful idea," Roman said.

"So do I," Marlena agreed.

"Well," Alice started, "you two are welcome to stay here as long as you want!"

"Thank you," Carrie and Mike both said.

"If you'll excuse me," Alice paused, "it's getting late and I'm going to go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow."

"Goodnight Alice," Marlena said.

"Goodnight Mrs. Horton," Sami and Carrie added.

"Have a good sleep," Roman replied.

"I'll help you upstairs grandma."

"Thank you Michael. Goodnight."

Mike took Alice upstairs.

"So Carrie," Marlena started, "are you excited about the birth?"

"Yes," Carrie replied. "I'm real nervous. But, Mike's helped me out a lot. He finished building their rooms last week."

"That's good," Roman replied. "So, hon, how's the clinic that you and Mike started doing?"

"It's going great!" Carrie answered. "We've helped so many people."

"You and Mike always did work well together," Marlena commented.

Mike walked back in the kitchen.

"Grandma is sound asleep and ready for tomorrow!"

"That's good," Sami said.

"Well," Roman replied, "we better get going. We have to get up early and come help set up."

"Okay," Marlena said. "We'll see you guys tomorrow." She gave them a hug.

"Bye," Sami mentioned.

"Bye!" Carrie and Mike said. "Thanks for everything," Mike added.

"Goodnight," Roman said as he closed the door behind him.

"Well, Mrs. Horton," Mike paused as he smiled, "are you ready for bed?"

"I sure am!"

"Okay, let's go!"

Mike and Carrie went upstairs to their room.

"Goodnight, Carrie, I love you."

"I love you too," Carrie replied. She leaned over and gave him a passionate kiss.

Mike looked up at her and smiled. They settled in and feel asleep wrapped in each other's arms.


Going Back - Part 3