Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Going Back - Part 7
By Kasey

"What?” Carrie asked.

“Craig, what’s wrong?” Mike asked.

“Well, the good news is that the medication is working, and Carrie hasn’t dilated anymore.”

“Thank God!” Carrie exclaimed.

“Craig, what’s the bad news?” Mike asked.

“The bad news is that your son is now in a breach position, and if he doesn’t turn around in the next couple of weeks before the birth, you’re going to have deliver by a c-section.”

“But, he’s okay, right?” Carrie asked.

“Well, other than that, he’s perfectly fine. And so is your daughter.”

“Thanks, Craig,” Mike said.

“No problem, buddy. I’ll be back in the morning with all your paper work. But for tonight, I want you to rest.”

“Okay, thank you.” Carrie said.

“Goodnight. And congratulations.”

“Thanks,” Mike said.

“Goodnight,” Carrie added.

“Well, I am so happy that everything’s okay.” Mike said.

“Me too,” added Carrie. “That was pretty scary.”

“Yeah, it was.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too,” Mike leaned over and gave her a kiss. They were interrupted by another knock on the door.

“Come in!” Carrie yelled.

“Nancy!” Mike exclaimed.

“Hi Nancy!” Carrie added.

“Hi!” Nancy replied. “Craig told me everything! I just had to come and see you two.”

“Well, come on in!” Carrie said.

“So, what have you two been up to?”

“Well,” Carrie answered, “as you can see we’re expecting! And, we got married on Valentine’s Day!”

“And,” Mike added, “we opened a clinic in the village in Israel.”

“That’s wonderful! You two always did make a terrific pair.”

“Thanks,” Carrie said. “And what about you? What have you been doing?”

“You know, same as I’ve always done. Craig and I adopted a child. Her name’s Chloe.”

“That’s wonderful.” Mike said.

“Maybe we’ll get to meet her,” Carrie mentioned.

“I’m sure you will. She volunteers here with Belle and Mimi.”

“That’s good,” Mike added.

“Oh my gosh!” Nancy exclaimed. “I just can’t believe this!”

“What?” Carrie asked.

“Well, it’s just that it’s so wonderful to see you two together and happy.”

“Well thanks,” Mike laughed.

“I mean, after everything the two of you went through last year. I’m so happy the two of you are together.”

“Thanks,” Carrie added.

“Well, I better get going. I just wanted to stop by to see you two.”

“Thanks Nancy,” Carrie said.

“I’ll see both of you soon, I hope. I’d really like to get together before you leave.”

“Okay, that’d be great!” Carrie added.

“Bye!” Nancy said.

“Bye!” Carrie and Mike both replied.

“Well,” Mike started, “You need to get some rest.”

“Yeah, I’m pretty tired. It’s been an exhausting day.”

“It sure has. Is there anything I can get you?”

“No. But, there is something you can do for me.”

“Anything Princess.”

“Stay here with me tonight.”

“Of course Princess. I wouldn’t be anywhere else. I love you, and everything will be okay.”

“I love you, too. And I know everything will work out.”

“Are you sure I can’t get you anything?”

“Well – there is one thing.”

“Name it.”

“Well, Dr. Horton, I don’t plan on sharing this hospital pillow with you. So, I think it may be to your advantage to find your own pillow!”

“Thanks for the warning!” Mike joked as he threw a pillow at Carrie.

“Hey!” she squealed. “Just doing you a favor!”

“Okay, well I’m going to go find myself a pillow.”

“Okay. Hurry back.”

“I will,” Mike said as he left the room.

Carrie rolled over to her other side and stared at the vase of flowers Mike had given her.

“God,” she started, “thank you so much for putting Mike in my life. I love him so much, and I don’t know what I’d do without him. And thank you for blessing us with two wonderful children that were created from our love, and you. Thank you for keeping all of us safe, and please let everything go okay with the birth. And thank you for our wonderful families. Amen.”

A couple of minutes later, Carrie heard the door open.

“It’s about time Horton! I was getting ready to go to sleep without you!” she joked as she turned back over to face Mike.

“Oh – Austin.”


Going Back - Part 8