Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Going Back - Part 8
Going Back - Part 8
By Kasey

"Hey Carrie,” Austin replied.

“What are you doing here?” Carrie asked.

“I just wanted to come see how you were doing.”

“I’m fine, thanks.”

“And I wanted to talk to you.”

“About what?”

“Well,” he paused, making it obvious to Carrie that he was nervous, “Carrie I’ve had some time to think.”

“Think about what, Austin?”

“About everything. Carrie, when I saw you earlier at Mrs. Horton’s, then lying in that bed in the emergency room, I realized something. Something that I’ve known deep down inside for a long time. I just couldn’t admit it.”

Carrie knew where this was heading. She knew what he was going to say. And even though she didn’t want to hear it, she knew her and Austin needed to have this talk. So, she decided to let him continue.

“Admit what?” she asked.

“Well, Carrie I-“

“I’m back Princess!” Mike exclaimed as he flew threw the door with two large pillows, and a blanket. He looked over at Austin. “Oh, hey Austin.”

“Hey Mike,” he replied.

“What are you doing here?”

“Just checking to see how Carrie was doing.”

“Oh.”

“Well, since she’s fine, I’m sure you two would like to get some rest. So, I’ll be going now.”

“Okay, bye,” Mike replied as Austin got up and headed towards the door.

“Thanks Austin,” Carrie said. “I'll talk to you soon.”

“Goodnight,” Austin said as he left.

“Carrie, I got the feeling that I was interrupting something.” Mike said.

“Well, I think Austin was going to tell me he still loves me when you walked in.”

“Oh. So, is it a good thing or a bad thing that I interrupted you?”

“A good thing. I mean, I know Austin and I are going to have to talk about this soon, but this gives me time to think about what I should say to him.”

“Okay.”

“So, I see you found some pillows!”

“Yes I did. I figured these would be more comfortable than those.”

“Thank you.”

Mike opened the blanket and laid it across the bed. Then, he climbed in and wrapped his arms around Carrie.

“I love you Princess, and everything is going to be fine.”

“I love you too, and I know it will be okay.”

And with that, Carrie and Mike drifted off asleep together in each other’s arms.


“Good morning you two!” Craig exclaimed as he rushed through the door.

“Hmmm,” Carrie mumbled.

“What?” Mike yelled as he jumped out of bed. “Oh.”

“What time is it?” Carrie asked as she yawned and stretched simultaneously.

“Really early,” Craig answered. “But, since you’re test results are good and the medication worked, I figured it’s time to kick you two out!”

“Thanks,” Mike joked.

“So, I’m going to examine Carrie one last time before she leaves. Mike, you can go to the admit desk and get all the necessary paper work.”

“Okay. Be right back.”

“Bye,” Carrie said as she leaned back.

Craig walked over and put some gloves on before starting the exam.

“So Carrie, how long are you and Mike planning to stay in Salem?”

“Not that long. We want our family to get a chance to see the twins, so we probably won’t leave for another month or so.”

“Oh, that’s good. How’s everything in Israel?”

“Pretty good. We started a clinic with some other doctors, and it’s going pretty well.”

“That’s wonderful. Okay, we’re done and everything is fine. You shouldn’t have to come back here until you go into labor.”

“Okay, thanks Craig.”

“No problem.”

Mike walked back into the room with some papers in his hands.

“Okay, Princess. All you have to do is sign.”

“Great!”

“Well,” Craig interrupted, “I’ll be going now. Congratulations!”

“Thanks,” Mike replied.

“Bye,” Carrie added.

“No problem. See you in a couple of weeks!”

“Well, I guess I’ll get dressed,” Carrie mentioned.

“Oh yeah, gran brought you some clothes from home.”

“That’s terrific.”

“Yeah. So now, we can go out for breakfast at the Brady Pub.”

“Yum! Sounds delicious, and I’m starving!”

“Okay. Well, just sign these papers and we’ll be on our way.”

“Okay,” Carrie said as she signed the papers. “Here you go!”

“Alright, you finish getting dressed, and I’ll go give these back to the desk clerk.”

“Okay.”

“Be right back.”

A couple of minutes later, Mike returned to the room.

“All ready to go?” he asked.

“Yep. One hundred perent ready!”

“Okay,” Mike said with a chuckle. “Let’s go. Everybody’s at the Pub waiting for us.”

“Great!” Carrie added. Her and Mike headed to the Pub for breakfast with her family.


Part 9 coming soon!