Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Third Watch Madness Fanfiction!

- "Soul Searching" -By Faith in Myself

Main Page

-Bios

-Previews

-Characters

-Episodes

-TW Dance

-Board

-Gallery

-Photos

-Contest

-Polls

-Elibs

-Comics

-Fanfiction

-Bob Ded

-Ideas

-Adopt

-TWlinks

-ASPCA

-ClipArt

-My Sites

Previously on Third Watch: Bosco is working with Sgt. Cruze on the anti crime unit because he and Faith had a falling out. Davis just got back on duty from driving some big shot around. Sully's wife was killed and he has no interest in his job any more. Yokas rode with him recently and after he screwed up, she made him leave in the middle of the shift.

[Scene opens with officers at the cage getting their equipment. Cruz walks by with Bosco following. Yokas walks up to Davis and they both eye up Cruz's sleazy out-fit as she passes. ]

Faith says to Ty, "Bos just follows her around like a puppy."

Davis explains, "I think he follows just to stare at her ass."

She considers that for a moment then adds "But at some point he has to notice her face. Do you think she is nice looking? The guys drool all over her and I just don't see it."

Davis shrugs, "personally, I think she has a scowl on her face all the time, like she just drank a shot of lemon juice."

Faith chuckles, "Yah and she has a personality to match." As they walk out to the cars together she says to him, "So you're back on the street."

"Yah, I got tired of being a chauffer." he says with relief.

"You're riding with Sully again?" She asks.

"Yup."

"Well, keep an eye on him. Last time I rode with him, his mind was not on the job." she warns. He shrugs the warning off with, "He's better now. He had some time off."

Sounding motherly she adds, "Well just be careful."

Changing the subject, Davis asks, "Where is your ride?"

"Gussler?" she asks, almost laughing, "We backed up Bosco on a call and got into a shoot out. Scared the hell out of him. I don't think he's comen back. So I'm riden solo for a while."

Davis looks concerned. "You think that's a good idea?"

"Honestly?" she answers, "I'm looken forward to a little solitude. Besides… I have plenty of back up right?"

"You got it." he says as confidently.

Sully walks up. Faith says hi and Sully gives her a quick glance and then says to Davis, "you ready?"

Davis says "yah", looks back and forth from Sully to Faith and gets in the car. Yokas watches them drive away, and say's out loud to no one, "I'm good …thanks for asken" then shakes her head and gets in her car.

[Scene changes to Davis and Sully in their cruiser.]

Davis looks over at Sully, "So what was that all about?"

Sully stares straight ahead. "What?"

"The cold shoulder." Davis tells him. "You pissed off at Yokas because she pulled you off the shift that night?"

"I'm not pissed off." Sully growls.

Davis raises his eyebrows and says "Ok". After a pause he adds, "She said she's riden alone."

"I'm not surprised." Sully adds smugly.

"Why?" Davis looks at him in disbelief.

"Because…no one wants to have a partner they can't trust to cover for them."

"But you're not pissed." Davis says sarcastically.

Sully is growing annoyed. "I'm not talking about just me. A while back she turned Bosco in for something too ya know." Then he adds "That's why he's moven on to Anti Crime."

Davis is unsure weather or not to believe him. "What did she turn him in for?"

"I don't know. For being such a hot head or something. Said he needs counseling."

"He IS a hot head." Davis says looking confused. "You've said so yourself."

"That's not the point…" Sully barks.

"Well what's your point then?"

"The point is…" Sully pauses considering his words carefully, "…the point is, you gotta be able to trust that your partner will cover for you when you're having an off night. Your partner is suppose to step in and protect you from authority when you do something stupid, not turn you in for it."

Davis, speaking to his own situation asks, "Even when that " something stupid " could endanger your life?" and without waiting for an answer, he adds "Maybe she's just sick of it. God knows I couldn't put up with Bosco and all his crap."

"Yah? Well she's lived with it all these years and now SUDDENLY she 's had enough? I don't buy it. Bosco didn't change ….she did. I think Yokas is getting soft. It's like she's gun shy."

"Yokas?!" Davis almost laughs. "No way Sully. You're way off on this one.

"No just think about it…I went to the men's room, I was gone all of 2 minutes and she panicked and sent me home because I shirked my duty. And then Bosco…"

Davis cuts Sully off, "I don't buy it man…she's riden alone tonight. Would she do that if she was scared?"

"Alone?…yaaah….just wait and see how many times she calls for back-up." Sully points a finger at Davis, "I'll tell you one thing…I'm not gonna run to her beckon call every time she has a simple traffic stop. She chased her partners away…let her ride alone for a while. Maybe she'll appreciate us a little more."

"Right…" Davis repeats sarcastically, "but you're not pissed."

"DAMN IT!!!!" Sully yells. He pulls over sharply and does a U turn.

"What the hell are you doing?" Davis yells as he grabs the dash.

"With all your yappen I forgot to turn off for my coffee and doughnut. I'm going back and you're gonna run in for me. End of conversation!"

[As they head back they pass Faith standing next to a car that she has pulled over. She glances up at them, Sully glares at her and drives on by. Davis thinks to himself that she looked sad and somehow smaller...almost frail today]

Faith is giving the driver instructions on how to pay his ticket when she notices three guys standing together on the sidewalk. The one with his back to her is showing something to the other two. She can't see what it is and they don't seem to be overly suspicious, but then…. one of them notices her, and quickly, what ever they are looking at, gets put away into the guys coat and they start walking up the street. Still, they don't look panicked but they do keep looking back at her over their shoulders. She knows that they are up to something. If it were drugs…they would run off. It's more like they are waiting to see if she's gonna leave. She gets into her cruiser and they began walking back, then pause, watching to see what she will do. Slowly she pulls away, keeping an eye on them in the rear view. Satisfied that she is leaving, they walk up to the door of a diner, take one more look in each direction and walk in. Faith pulls over at the corner and calls in a possible 10-30 in progress and requests back-up.

[Scene changes back to Sully in his cruiser waiting for Davis. He hears Faith's call for back-up and says out loud "she's starting earlier than I thought". The radio sounds out a call for units in the vicinity. Sully doesn't respond. Another unit (55 Edward?) calls in their location and says they are responding. Sully quickly grabs the radio and calls them off.]

"This is 55 Charlie…55 Edward don't waste your time on that POSSIBLE 10-30…I'm closer. We'll take the call." and as he clicks off his radio he says "After I get my coffee."

[Faith is working her way up the street to the diner]

"55 Charlie what is your location?" Faith asks. Sully responds, "just around the corner…be there in a minute"

Faith reaches the door of the diner. Looking in, she can only see part of the inside and the one guy that had his back to her. He is waving a pistol and barking orders. The left half of the diner is empty and it appears that everyone is on the floor to the right. Briefly she can see a second guy going back and forth apparently collecting wallets and things from the customers.

Not satisfied with Sully's response she asks, "55 Charlie…what is your ETA?" "We're a minute away" he says almost amused with himself.

[She looks at her watch…6:15]

Not realizing Sully's is ignoring her, she gives him instructions. "I need you to approach from the rear. I've got the front covered but I think they may try to leave out the back. Signal me when you're in position."

"Roger" He torts back.

[Davis comes back to the car. He hands Sully his coffee and doughnut. Sully starts eating while Davis bitches about how slow the service was.]

Back to Faith watching the robbery and waiting for Sully. She looks again at her watch…6:33. The guy with the pistol bends down and grabs a waitress by the hair and drags her over to the register. She opens it and stuffs the money into the bag he's holding. Suddenly, he begins to pistol whip her violently. She falls to the ground but he still continues the beating. Faith can't wait any longer.

Faith grabs the radio and quietly says, "Sully I'm going in."

Davis snaps his head around to Sully with a confused look. "What?….She talking to us?"

Faith slams the door open, steps in, and yells "police" and as she turns to the right she realizes that the guy she couldn't see from the doorway is holding an automatic weapon. He immediately sprays across the doorway and (as usual) destroys the whole left side of the diner. Faith is struck in the chest and upper left arm. She is thrown back against the door jam and (in slow motion of course) slides to the floor. The force of the shot to the vest, knocks the wind out of her. She struggles to get her breath.

[Scene cuts back to Sully and Davis around the corner in their cruiser]

"Son of a Bitch!!" The panic in Faith's voice terrifies Sully. He spills his coffee as he puts the car in gear. Davis fires questions at him as Sully is yelling, “she just said POSSIBLE 10-30…not definitely…Shit! I didn’t think it was real…Damn it!" How could this have gone so bad? He tells himself he never intended to ignore the call, just take his time getting there. He never considered the call to be real or that he had really put her in danger. His doughnut is tossed out the window as the car screams away from the curb. He tries to remember her exact words when she called for back-up. Did she report that she saw gunmen? She would have said that…and how many.

[Back to Faith in the diner]

As the sound of gunshots fades to tinkling glass, and the screams fade to whimpers, Faith’s breath increases to the sound of gasps as she tries to get air. She grabs at the pain in her arm and realizes that she is still clutching her gun. More from instinct than reason, she points the gun in the direction of the gunman. He is gone. They have already run to the back door of the diner like she first assumed they would. Suddenly her mind floods with the reality of what happened and what she needs to do. She grabs the radio and in a raspy voice yells into it…"10-13…shots fired! …I’ve been hit…Sully…they’re comen right at you!" She gingerly gets to her feet and checks the people on the floor, who are all ok, then works her way to the back of the diner.

Davis is now yelling, "Where are we supposed to be Sully?"

"Nowhere! he barks, I told her we’d radio her when we were in position."

"What position are we suppose to be at? Why does she think we’re there already?"

Not even believing himself he says, "You were in the store…I couldn't leave without you."

Davis looks at Sully in shock. "Why didn’t you tell me we had a call? What the hell did you do Sully?"

In his panic…Sully starts heading directly to the front of the Diner instead of the back like he was supposed to. As they pass the alley behind the Diner, Davis sees the robbers running up the alley towards them.

Davis shouts, "Woh woh woh…. stop Sully! There they are!"

Sully slams on the breaks and before the car can skid to a stop, Davis is out and running down the alley, gun drawn, yelling “police…Put down your weapon!”

The robbers fire a round at Davis as they stop to turn, and run back down the alley the way they came. Davis dives behind a dumpster to dodge the bullet.

Faith reaches the door leading to the alley, the robbers are fast approaching it from behind. She opens it a crack and sees nothing in that direction. One of the guys running towards the door sees it opening and as she steps through it, he slams it against her with all his force. A Lightning-bolt of pain shoots through her head and then there is nothing. She falls limp to the ground. She lay there, blood running from the gash on her head and also out the sleeve of her coat, and with it flows betrayal. Bosco's, Sully's and hers.

Davis calls for the paramedics as he runs up to her and kneels down. He calls her name and tries shaking her awake. No response. He removes her coat, now soaking with blood and looks frantically for something to wrap around the wound so he can apply pressure. He finds nothing so he uses his hands. Sully comes rambling up, shuffling his feet nervously.

"Davis is she alright? Davis? Did you call for a bus?"

"Yes" Davis yells Angrily.

Trying to feel helpful, Sully tells Davis, "You need to put a lot of pressure on that."

"I am Sully." He snaps, obviously annoyed with him. "Why don't you go to the street and wait for the paramedics."

Sully looks at Davis and tries to read his thoughts. Is his partner angry at him or ashamed of him? "GO…DAMN IT!" As Sully hurries away he realizes the look from his partner is disgust.

Davis tries calling her name again and this time she stirs. She moans and, grabbing her chest, gives a few weak coughs. Her eyes blink as if to clear the fog, and then says in a whisper “what happened?” Davis answers “You were slammed pretty hard with the door.”

Faith moans and puts her hand up to her face. Then a look of remembrance comes over her. "Davis are you alright?"

He answers, a little surprised "yah I’m fine"

"How about Sully? He’s ok?" she adds.

"We’re both fine. We got there after the fact." Faith looked worried. "I sent them right at you. I really screwed up."

Trying to reassure her, Davis says, "No. No ya didn’t. We weren’t there."

She looks up at him, "That was stupid of me huh? Busten in like that with no back-up." Her voice is very faint now and her eyes are almost closed.

Davis starts, "We should have…" he considers his words carefully and continues with, "we got stuck.. We were stuck in traffic. I’m sorry. We should have gotten here quicker." Davis sees the paramedics coming down the alley and he says in relief "Here they come. Just hold on Faith. You’re gonna be alright."

Faith opens her eyes and in a soft voice says, "Davis…you remember earlier when I was talken bout that solitude stuff?"

"Yes" He could barely hear her.

"Well I was wrong…" she whispers, "I did some soul searching and I don’t like being alone. I went against my partner and this is what I get."

[The scene changes to the precinct. The sergeant is heading out the door as Bosco and Cruz come in.]

Hurrying to the door the sergeant says, "Boscorelli it just came over the radio that Yokas has been shot."

Bosco stops dead. "What! Is she all right?" He starts walking with the sergeant.

"I don't have the details. She walked in on a robbery. They're taken her to Mercy. That's all I know. I'm on my way there now."

Bosco grabs the keys from the sergeant and says, "I'll drive."

Cruz puts her hands on her hips and says with an attitude, "Where do you think you're goen?"

Without giving her a thought he says, "Faith got shot…I'm goen to Mercy."

Tipping her head from side to side, Cruz says "You have paperwork to do."

"I'll do it later." Bosco says looking at her in disbelief. "My partner was shot."

Obviously pissed off she snaps back, "She ain't your partner."

"Are you serious?" and without waiting for her reply he adds "Look, she's my best friend."

Cruz glares at him "You don't ride with her you ride with me…no…" she waves her index finger at him, "you work for me. And if you disobey a direct order you can kiss the anti crime unit goodbye." He takes a step towards her and says, "Fine. This isn't what I'd hoped it would be anyway."

"Then you're done." She threatens.

"Good." Bosco starts to walk away then turns back to her, "and you know what? You're wrong…Faith will always be my partner."

Cruz shoots him that eaten a lemon scowl and he walks out.

[The scene changes back to the alley where the paramedics are loading Faith into the bus. Doc asks Davis if he wants to ride with them.]

Sully steps in, "No he'll ride over with me. We'll be right behind you."

Davis, ignoring Sully says "Ya, I'm gonna ride with Faith." Then looking at Doc says, "I don't want her to be alone."

As Doc walks out of earshot, Sully says, "Davis we need to talk about what happened."

"Later Sully." Davis says as he hops in the back and closes the door leaving Sully standing there.

Davis rides along in silence. He thinks about a conversation he and Sully had when he was new on the job. Sully was describing Faith to him. He said she was "the perfect cop. Tough but sensitive, brave but level headed. You can learn a lot from her. And if Yokas ever breaks a rule…then the rule needs to be changed."

Davis wonders…has his partner really lost all respect for everyone? for the job? Sully has had some problems in the past, with his drinking and with Tatiana, but this is something he can't forgive. He thinks that maybe it's time to look for a new partner. Yet, he has already covered for him.

Alone in his squad car, Sully is worried. Not for what trouble he will be in, but worried for Faith and about what Davis thinks he did. If he gets a reputation for turning his back on another cop, God…that is something he could never live with. His life as a cop will be a living hell. He has got to make Davis and Faith understand that he didn't ignore her call for help. He just didn't believe it was a call for help. For the first time in a long time he realizes just how much his job means to him and how important his reputation is.

[Arriving at Emergency, Davis follows as they wheel Faith in. He stops near the desk and Sully walks up and grabs his arm.]

"Davis, come over here we need to talk about what happened."

Davis responds with, "I know what happened"

"No…ya don't." Sully says desperately.

"Well then," Davis says smugly, "why don't you write the report. Say what ever you need to. I'll read it and sign it."

"And you'd be ok with that?" Sully shoots back at him.

Davis raises his eyebrows, "More ok with that, than having you think that I didn't cover for you."

Sully looked hurt. "See now…ya got it all wrong."

"I told Faith that we were stuck in traffic." Davis informs him. "You fill in the rest."

He grabs Sully's hand off his arm and pushes him aside as he walks into the waiting area. Sully stands there dumbfounded. He looks down at his hand where Davis grabbed him and realizes that his hands are covered with Faiths blood.

[Fred is in the back of a squad car that is bringing him to Mercy. He looks worried as he stares out the window. A song starts playing. Sheryl Crow's "Till You're Safe And Sound" from her "C'mon c'mon" cd.]

[maybe this is forever / forever fades away]

[like a rocket ascending into space]

Bosco walks up to Faith's bedside.

[could you not be sad]

[could you not break down]

She is barely conscious. He takes her hand and leans over her speaking softly.

[after all I won't let go]

[until you're safe and sound]

[until you're safe and sound]

Cruz is sitting at her desk looking angry. She snaps a pencil in half.

[There's beauty in release]

[There's no one left to please]

Back to Bosco leaning over Faith.

[but you and me]

Fred enters the room and runs up to the bed.

[I don't blame you for quitting]

[I know that you really try]

Bosco steps back without letting go of her hand.

[If only you could hang on through the night]

Davis is pacing the waiting room nervously.

[I don't want to be lonely]

Sully is sitting, staring at his hands.

[I don't want to be scared]

The waiting room is full of cops and paramedics.

[All our friends are waiting there]

[Until you're safe and sound]

[Until you're safe and sound]

Bosco gently places her hand on the bed and lets go of it.

[There's beauty in release]

[There's no one left to please]

[But you and me]

Bosco steps farther away from the bed and stands there looking down.

[Feel like I could have saved you]

[Feel like I could have saved you]

[Feel like I could have saved you]

[Feel like I could have saved you]

Fade to black.